• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
For one thing, on the current rankings and current skill level, I think everywhere from spot 4 to spot 9 is sketchy and should be determined by either multiple round robins or a challenge system like the one Jeff proposed which was similar to Sierra Vista. Or perhaps make it similar to the SoCal PR where it is based off of tournament results (for the most part). That way if people do not like where they're placed, they can blame themselves for losing in ranked fights rather than blame other people's opinions. Well, at least, what I think is that actions tend to be more definitive than opinions.[/angerlessrant]

Spencer said:
Your matches with Rob are wayyyyy closer than they should be if you want to start thinking you're better than me. (No offense, Rob)
Fixed. :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yeah that fix'd thing Rob LOL. I also don't really agree with 4-9 being debatable. Me and Xander are about even and I wouldn't say it particularly goes in either favor and if so it's only a bit for him, it's decently close. Peach is also a dumb character like Joey said, I'm really bad against Peach yet I still either beat you with Fox or come close with Falcon, Kyle.

Also, opinions Rob are often times very valid and what makes things be that way. It can be biased either way but when people are intelligent about it, lists can be made effectively.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so you're saying

that statewide rankings past chris don't mean anything

but you're discussing 4-9 in TUCSON?

makes sense

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that fix'd thing Rob LOL. I also don't really agree with 4-9 being debatable. Me and Xander are about even and I wouldn't say it particularly goes in either favor and if so it's only a bit for him, it's decently close. Peach is also a dumb character like Joey said, I'm really bad against Peach yet I still either beat you with Fox or come close with Falcon, Kyle.

Also, opinions Rob are often times very valid and what makes things be that way. It can be biased either way but when people are intelligent about it, lists can be made effectively.
you mean xander and I.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I prefer Fountain of Dreams to Battlefield. FoD is considered Sheik's best stage pretty much, and I honestly don't know what VaNz is talking about because Peach does just as good if not better than Sheik on Kongo Jungle ROFL. Also, Jungle Japes and Corneria aren't even possible for counterpicking so why does he have those?

And LOL @ your record vs me being "in your favor" as you claim. Like you only barely 1 stocking my Falcon while I ****ed up a combo that would have lead to ME WINNING? XD. You have a positive record against my lesser characters, like really, what makes you think that just because I **** around and use Falco and Falcon on you, that I actually MAIN them? I play Fox and Sheik and as far as I remember, I've basically always torn you in half with Fox and he's not even my best vs Peach, Sheik is, so then what do you think the outcome will be? Your matches with Rob are wayyyyy closer than they should be if you want to start thinking you're better than me. Shiv I might be able to understand, Elvis probly because he doesn't even play as well.

DSR is also being debated by the MBR and more specifically SCAR(I ****ing love you for this Scar). I also think that if Shiv played what is called "proper standard Fox" of grabbing a lot more than he usually does(he almost never does) and just uthrow uairs and stops with the unneccesary stuff that he'd beat you 100% of the time and he'd be really scary, possibly better than Xander and I.
As far as you remember? So not only do I beat your lesser characters, I can also beat your mains. You’re right that you’ve beaten me with Fox, but you forget that I’ve also curbstomped him as well. Every character you’ve beaten me with you’ve also lost with. So don’t go running around thinking you’re awesome and the best when clearly you have a losing record against someone who is currently ranked #8 when you’re supposed to be #4. You don’t do nearly as good against me like Xander, Jackie, Chris, and Sean do. They are the only ones who can beat me more consistently than anyone else.

When it comes to you saving your Sheik against me for tournament, it’s kind of silly, actually. Sillier than me. You can’t prove your better than me if you can’t even show that you win more matches 1 vs 1 against me, because you haven’t. I have the lead on you. Also, what is the likeliness of us facing in tournament? You don’t even attend many tournaments to begin with unless they are in Tucson, which isn’t very often. The last tournament you went to in Phoenix, you could have entered, and you chose not to. How can you prove your good if you don’t even enter? Might as well bring out your Sheik against me and prove you’re as good as you say you are.

At this last tournament, I beat Joey, Tag, and Shiv. The only people I lost to were Sean and Chris. I got 5th place, and that’s really good considering I’m #8 in Tucson and not even considered Top 10 in AZ for Melee. Hell, I placed higher than you, Xander, Rusty, and Shiv, and all four of you are supposed to be better than me. Step it up! I know I have.

While that’s nice that MBR is debating that rule, I will continue to follow whatever rules TOs put in place for tournaments. I don’t have to go back to a level someone previously won on. And you know why? Because I don’t want to and it’s in the rules! However, there may be cases in the future where I will agree to go back to a stage, but it’s really all situational.
So until we fight again and you prove you can beat me more consistently than I beat you, put your e-***** away and tone down your online ego. ;)

On another note…
If you want to seriously be my doubles partner, we should play each other more often. I bet Armada and Aniolas play each other quite frequently and they know each other’s playstyles pretty well. That should be us! We can also work on team strategies and combos too. :)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'm gonna have to agree with Kyle here. I really think Kyle and I should move up past Rusty (Sorry bro, but you gotta play more if you want to stay consistent), Kyle should possibly move past Shiv, and then Kyle/Spencer should duke it out in like best 7 out of 13 for their spot. As I said before, I'm a fan of results, not opinions.

Edit: Next time I can make it so that you two face each other first round if you guys like.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
As far as you remember? So not only do I beat your lesser characters, I can also beat your mains. You’re right that you’ve beaten me with Fox, but you forget that I’ve also curbstomped him as well. Every character you’ve beaten me with you’ve also lost with. So don’t go running around thinking you’re awesome and the best when clearly you have a losing record against someone who is currently ranked #8 when you’re supposed to be #4. You don’t do nearly as good against me like Xander, Jackie, Chris, and Sean do. They are the only ones who can beat me more consistently than anyone else.

When it comes to you saving your Sheik against me for tournament, it’s kind of silly, actually. Sillier than me. You can’t prove your better than me if you can’t even show that you win more matches 1 vs 1 against me, because you haven’t. I have the lead on you. Also, what is the likeliness of us facing in tournament? You don’t even attend many tournaments to begin with unless they are in Tucson, which isn’t very often. The last tournament you went to in Phoenix, you could have entered, and you chose not to. How can you prove your good if you don’t even enter? Might as well bring out your Sheik against me and prove you’re as good as you say you are.

At this last tournament, I beat Joey, Tag, and Shiv. The only people I lost to were Sean and Chris. I got 5th place, and that’s really good considering I’m #8 in Tucson and not even considered Top 10 in AZ for Melee. Hell, I placed higher than you, Xander, Rusty, and Shiv, and all four of you are supposed to be better than me. Step it up! I know I have.

While that’s nice that MBR is debating that rule, I will continue to follow whatever rules TOs put in place for tournaments. I don’t have to go back to a level someone previously won on. And you know why? Because I don’t want to and it’s in the rules! However, there may be cases in the future where I will agree to go back to a stage, but it’s really all situational.
So until we fight again and you prove you can beat me more consistently than I beat you, put your e-***** away and tone down your online ego. ;)

On another note…
If you want to seriously be my doubles partner, we should play each other more often. I bet Armada and Aniolas play each other quite frequently and they know each other’s playstyles pretty well. That should be us! We can also work on team strategies and combos too. :)
I got bracket *****, lol.

Chris round 2 of winners, and Joey who naturally does good against me r1 of losers.

AXE 09

Smash Master
whoa whoa whoa guys!! easy.... how about we all just play some melee? no more talking, let's just play lol

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yes, you should come over to the university tomorrow. Isshinguru and I plan to be there. Shiv will be at my dorm from 11 to 1. I'm pretty much free after 1:45 though.

Edit: Wait, Glendale is near Phoenix...isn't it...

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yes, you should come over to the university tomorrow. Isshinguru and I plan to be there. Shiv will be at my dorm from 11 to 1. I'm pretty much free after 1:45 though.

Edit: Wait, Glendale is near Phoenix...isn't it...
Haha, yeah. I think I meant to post that in the Arizona thread. When is your next monthly tourney, though? I plan on making it, along with some friends.

forward

Smash Champion
Tournament results outside of top 3 doesn't mean anything imo. Especially at big tournaments, the difference between 5th place and like 13th place can be that you didn't play your losing matches till later than the other person. It doesn't mean you're better.

I agree though that Kyle should be moving up, and if he wants to take Spencer's spot they should play for it. Best of X>5 that way the winner is determined on consistency, since we lack the tournament results for it.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Tournament results outside of top 3 doesn't mean anything imo. Especially at big tournaments, the difference between 5th place and like 13th place can be that you didn't play your losing matches till later than the other person. It doesn't mean you're better.

I agree though that Kyle should be moving up, and if he wants to take Spencer's spot they should play for it. Best of X>5 that way the winner is determined on consistency, since we lack the tournament results for it.
I agree wholeheartedly! :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
i think it'd be cool to have a challenging system instead of panelist =)

but that's just me, i guess cuz i'm used to how the SV power rankings were lol. everyone in SV seemed to agree with it anyways

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I think we could have a combo of both. :) I definitely enjoyed the challenging system that was being used in Summer of 2009 when I started coming to smashfests to become a competitive Peach player!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
My money is on Spencer if he keeps a clear mind throughout the set. If he lets dumb deaths or mistakes get to him, I think Kyle will win.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
i dont know if you know it or not but once along time ago peach was called ''princess toadstool'' and nintendo changed that **** in mario 64. F nintendo for changing her name. maybe cuz its too shroom related lol. also ive been meaning to say this. nice perry platypus Twin A u ever stop rockin that avatar ima take it. :laugh:

Top Bottom