• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

AXE 09

Smash Master
WOW that tournament was AMAZING!!! XD

thank you so much Twin A! i tried hard lol.

i think i did pretty decent ^^ i'll try harder next time.

happy early bdays to xander and kyle =)

who's all going to the tourney in phoenix this weekend? i'll be there :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
WOW that tournament was AMAZING!!! XD

thank you so much Twin A! i tried hard lol.

i think i did pretty decent ^^ i'll try harder next time.

happy early bdays to xander and kyle =)

who's all going to the tourney in phoenix this weekend? i'll be there :)
I'm staying in town.

Jane

Smash Hero
so i'm taking chris, other tommy, possibly sean, and i have room for one more person?

sean are you gonna ride with me?

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I'll be leaving for Phoenix on Friday evening, and returning Sunday evening, as usual. Any who can get close to the University at 6 or 7 Friday are welcome with me. (It would also be good if I could drop you off near the 60...)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Geez kid way to take a compliment >.>

Better luck next time then bro :D

Don't beat yourself up for thinking you did bad, learn from it. And hey at least you got to go >.<
i beat myself up over doing bad so i work even harder to improve next time. I always mentally call myself worthless and then work harder to prove myself wrong.

sorry for being that way towards your praise. i always feel like there's hostility in compliments if i don't feel like i deserve them, which i don't. I actually feel like i DESERVE some hostility for doing poorly, like i mentioned before.

i dunno, i'm really really really elitist and neurotic if you haven't been able to tell by now. it probably can be explained pretty simply using basic developmental psychology in conjunction with the Asian parenting.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
i beat myself up over doing bad so i work even harder to improve next time. I always mentally call myself worthless and then work harder to prove myself wrong.

sorry for being that way towards your praise. i always feel like there's hostility in compliments if i don't feel like i deserve them, which i don't. I actually feel like i DESERVE some hostility for doing poorly, like i mentioned before.

i dunno, i'm really really really elitist and neurotic if you haven't been able to tell by now. it probably can be explained pretty simply using basic developmental psychology in conjunction with the Asian parenting.
Funny last time I joked saying you sucked you and Iron Dragon attacked me :p

so to reconsile given this new found information that bashing on you does in fact help you...:

(if this list offends you then good! Skip the post and reply by typing with your tears)

Tai you're a worthless player who will never amount to anything big in life. Prove me wrong by winning every tournament from now until I see you next.

The last time I saw something that sucked as much as you was when a hooker hit up a bachelor party of hundreds.

The reason your sister is dating Sean is because she was tired of seeing how bad you are at the game and had to talk to someone who actually knew what the hell they were doing.

I got worse at the game just by talking to you. It's bad enough that you keep getting worse but do you have to bring everyone down with you!?

You suck at melee

You suck at smash in general

Isai would spit on the ground you walk on

You're not even good enough to stand in the horribly big shadow that Taj casts.

My boy Tai is so fly, I was on the phone with Jesus and clicked over to see what he wanted. True story. Throwing in a compliment to see if you're paying attention.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Wobbles can't wobble you because Nana won't touch you (even with that hammer). No girl will even approach you. Drown yourself in all the Tag you want it won't make a difference (gotta love a play on words :p)

You're short.

When you play smash your nose tilts up like someone put a warm pie on the counter and you're trying to smell what type it is.

You suck.

Pick up all the new high tier mains you want you'll never be as good as the smasher to your left or your right.

You smell.

I once kicked a small baby secretly hoping it was you.

You s.... um... side dodge at bad times! (ohhhh burn :p)

Even after all these insults you still won't get any better nor will you be able to beat my mediocre ***.

And lastly:

You can't even perform AZ ANGER right! And I don't mean the throwing your controller and rage quitting. I mean the how to get a girl pick up line way. Every girl you'll ever try it on will be able to counter your attempt with a can of mace, a swift kick to the groin, call her friends over to continue with the relentless groin shots while she rests and texts all her other friends about this happening, calls a film crew to record it and put it online, makes it the most popular online thing ever, tarnishes your name, files a police report, lets you go because she and the judge can't stop laughing at you, challenges you to melee once you fully recovered, and consistently 4 stocks you... with Pichu.

Hope it helped :D

:p

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Funny last time I joked saying you sucked you and Iron Dragon attacked me :p

so to reconsile given this new found information that basing on you does in fact help you...:

(if this list offends you then good! Skip the post and reply by typing with your tears)

Tai you're a worthless player who will never amount to anything big in life. Prove me wrong by winning every tournament from now until I see you next.

The last time I saw something that sucked as much as you was when a hooker hit up a bachelor party of hundreds.

The reason your sister is dating Sean is because she was tired of seeing how bad you are at the game and had to talk to someone who actually knew what the hell they were doing.

I got worse at the game just by talking to you. It's bad enough that you keep getting worse but do you have to bring everyone down with you!?

You suck at melee

You suck at smash in general

Isai would spit on the ground you walk on

You're not even good enough to stand in the horribly big shadow that Taj casts.

My boy Tai is so fly, I was on the phone with Jesus and clicked over to see what he wanted. True story. Throwing in a compliment to see if you're paying attention.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Wobbles can't wobble you because Nana won't touch you (even with that hammer). No girl will even approach you. Drown yourself in all the Tag you want it won't make a difference (gotta love a play on words :p)

You're short.

When you play smash your nose tilts up like someone put a warm pie on the counter and you're trying to smell what type it is.

You suck.

Pick up all the new high tier mains you want you'll never be as good as the smasher to your left or your right.

You smell.

I once kicked a small baby secretly hoping it was you.

You s.... um... side dodge at bad times! (ohhhh burn :p)

Even after all these insults you still won't get any better nor will you be able to beat my mediocre ***.

And lastly:

You can't even perform AZ ANGER right! And I don't mean the throwing your controller and rage quitting. I mean the how to get a girl pick up line way. Every girl you'll ever try it on will be able to counter your attempt with a can of mace, a swift kick to the groin, call her friends over to continue with the relentless groin shots while she rests and texts all her other friends about this happening, calls a film crew to record it and put it online, makes it the most popular online thing ever, tarnishes your name, files a police report, lets you go because she and the judge can't stop laughing at you, challenges you to melee once you fully recovered, and consistently 4 stocks you... with Pichu.

Hope it helped :D

:p
I wish I had a wall of insults dedicated to me.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Nicknyte i will do that later today when I'm not trying to study for my exam :p

But till then, Fat Albert called, he wants his looks back.

Or one of my personal favorites (and a big hug if you can name where I got the quote from):

Hey Hoover called, they want their suck back!

Again any and all insults are solely for the purpose of improving ones game (such as Tai). Hell if Tai is anything like a Saiyan, he'd take the loss and insults, go into a deep unnecessarily long** sleep, and come back somehow incredibly stronger.

**long enough for all the people closest to him to lose but just in time for him to go to GF's and win

EDIT: NM is having a tourney Dec 12th with Brawl, Melee, Tekken 6, BB, etc. Housing will be provided. I think you guys said you wont be able to make it but should you be able to that would kick *** :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Kyle's insults are mid-mid high tier when they're on Tai.

So ya as Kyle said at the end if his post. Tournament in NM Dec 12th. Tons of games going on. Housing will be provided. Anyone coming from AZ can be housed by me and my bro (and we live a short distance from the venue) Please please come guys. It'll be well worth it.

<3 you Tai.

forward

Smash Champion
Shiv, sounds good, I'll meet you at the university around 6 on friday then.

Tai: I had no idea. This whole time I've tried to be encouraging stuff and holding back all the insults/negative criticism on your game. Maybe I shouldn't? lol that would feel so mean though...

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol relax man. even if you don't do well, i'm sure it'll be a ton of fun =D going to jack in the box is always fun haha

Tai, don't worry, i think you're really good =)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i probably worded it poorly

encouragement =/= compliments

encouragement is good; i like it, but when i don't feel that i deserve COMPLIMENTS (e.g. someone saying good job when i think i did poorly), i don't take them that well

i was going a bit overboard when i said i felt that i deserved hostility, but i do feel that i don't deserve praise at all. just let me take care of all the negativity towards myself

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had a wall of insults dedicated to me.
Okay, pick a better character, noob.

Quit being so ****in slow and learn to buffer like a muh****in champ. And then quit bufferin and learn to sex kick like the muh****in IceMann.

You gotta tech chase with Dash A, like a balla. Nobody's gonna **** with you then. And you gotta end combos with the Rocket.

You should just crawl around the stage and take your assbeatin like a man, cuz you're wasting erbody's ****in time when you play.

You make me want to pick a new char. Your Luigi is so God awful, it brings down the whole community. Boss switched because of how bad you are.

I can't narrow down what you're bad at. You're not even good at sex kickin. That's just pressin A. Watchin you is like watchin a ****** try to hump a doorknob.

Get contacts.

Pick a better state too. Get the **** out of BFE, they're just bringin you down. You need to move to this side of the Red. You wouldn't get any better, cuz you suck somethin awful, but at least you wouldn't be in that hellhole anymore.

I'm a surgeon son. I said I'm a muh****in surgeon. I'ma f-tilt till you ****in piss yourself. Make it do what it do.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks Tommy. I know I'm the best and that I always crush you whenever we play. It's time for you to pick up and Peach and learn the awesome ways of the Princess!!

Yeah, I remember that. I was definitely proud of you for beating him because his Peach is a mean BlTCH!! But I think he has beaten you more than you've beaten him. Hopefully mine can take his place soon. I just need to play some more Melee, been playings lots of Brawl.

You are correct. He beat me in just about every RR. Usually 2-1 and the last match came pretty close.

As of recent though(Grand Challenge was last I played him), I'd say it's been leaning a bit more in my favor =P.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hence why I threw the compliment in the middle, to see if you were paying attention :p

But Tai is the ****.

And come on Forward, let out that little bit of agressiveness or inner feelings towards him. It's a win win. He gets helped and you don't build it up until you kill someone :p

And nicknyte your wall of pain will come soon enough, but not right now. I'm trying to think of a good burn that doesn't involve the following: Your mom, your dog, your s***ty luigi that makes me want t take up smoking because compared to how bad you are everything else seems pretty good, your marth that wouldn't know how to play well if it was in the hands of someone who was actually decent (not even good can fix that thing), your dad, your weight, Tommys weight (more to love amirite?), your skin tone that makes you invisible at night (which you aren't even deadly in because the ground shakes when you walk... oh wait the weight thing..), your mom again because she's just too easy (bah dum tssh), the fact that you couldn't win a fight if your life depended on it (of which your last fight was recorded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWk6RgQbPVc&feature=fvst), or you.

Jane

Smash Hero
NICKNYTE

i believe i was driving behind you today in the morning! hahaha! unless theres some other black dude in tucson with the license plate niknyte! O_o

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I actually, I kind of like the pink title. The yellow was so boring, and it makes me feel special to have a different colored user title, even though it's a prank.

Top Bottom