• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I downloaded Power Director 8, so I'm able to record commentary and video with the same program (Props to Okami and Stab for suggesting it).

Also Okami, would you mind setting up the bracket at future tournaments on mine, or someone elses laptop? I'm not sure if you know, but myself, and several other people are irritated by your neglect to run the brackets. We're grateful that you run these, but myself and a fer other people think it would be a good idea if we have more than one cumputer running the brackets/round robin at a time. I'm sure you know how often you have people bugging you, and how much faster things would go if we had a computer always open.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
That's fine. We can have both computers running and yours will always be open. I'll update the results from your computer periodically so that I can add the results to the first page with the bracket image and stuff. Would that work?

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
The best part of this tournament for me is when I hit Tony with a PK Flash.

I'm going to main Ness.

Yay for AZ low tier gimmicks.

Sean, cave in and pull out your pocket Kirby to piss off noobs. It beat my Ganon, that was the first match we ever played jajaja. Kirby is the one character I hate playing as but if anybody can **** with him in this state, it's definitely you.

Axe-Pikachu
Taj-Mewtwo
Vectorman-Yoshi
Gamerguitarist7-Young Link
Rubyiris-Link
Bacon Isai-Ness
Forward-Kirby?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Math has won the last two/three monthlies. I wouldn't call that Low-Tier.

@Forward: I'll more than likely be there, so Tai and I will be happy to record.

forward

Smash Champion
Jackie, I think I remember that match. I do recall using Kirby at that old tournament and playing a Ganon.

I doubt I'll use him though. I don't play melee often enough that I get bored of top tiers when I play now.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
The best part of this tournament for me is when I hit Tony with a PK Flash.

I'm going to main Ness.

Yay for AZ low tier gimmicks.

Sean, cave in and pull out your pocket Kirby to piss off noobs. It beat my Ganon, that was the first match we ever played jajaja. Kirby is the one character I hate playing as but if anybody can **** with him in this state, it's definitely you.

Axe-Pikachu
Taj-Mewtwo
Vectorman-Yoshi
Gamerguitarist7-Young Link
Rubyiris-Link
Bacon Isai-Ness
Forward-Kirby?
my young link isn't even good wtf

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
I still think it would be a kickass AZ pride thing to have our **** low tiers.

I already miss this game lol all it takes is a new SS video popping up on my YouTube subscription page.

I've played once since the tournament. But usually the less I play the smarter I get at this game.

One day, I'll have a good Fox. Right now the only thing it can do well is **** Falcons and inconsistent Spacies.

AXE 09

Smash Master
I think we should have a low tier tourney! Or at least as a side event during one of our monthlies or something.
I guess we could ban Pikachu and Mewtwo if you guys want (and if you guys are too afraid of Vman's Yoshi, we could ban him too lol. <3 Timmy). That could make things really interesting :)

Oh and happy bday Jackie!

AXE 09

Smash Master
I think DK should be allowed.

Of course... We need permission from Rob for this to happen lol. Plus we'll only do this if everyone wants to.

I want to. I think it'd be really fun

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm so down to do a low-tier tournament!! It would give me a chance to play another character besides Peach... like Zelda!! :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
DK and Luigi are mid tiers.

Idk about low tier tourneys. I can basically predict the results right now:

1. Axe
2. Taj
3. Forward (if he goes)
4. V3ctorman
5. GamerGuitarist7
5. Rubyiris/Bacon Isai
7. Rubyiris/Iron Dragon
7. Iron Dragon/Tee Ay Eye?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'd prefer not to do a low tier tournament. It will interfere with the main events of doubles and singles. We already don't finish on time and having another side tourney won't help. Perhaps if we can start running things faster, we may have some more side tourneys in the future.

Some information for the next tournament:

I want to run things faster at the next tournament. We're going to finish the bracket by 8:00 PM if possible. One thing that will happen is that Axe, Taj, GG7, and whoever else is 4th seed will be running their pool on a single TV. This means no random friendlies going on during pools unless we have sufficient set ups. Furthermore, during singles bracket, we will be having everyone play their match as soon as possible. This means, hypothetically, if Axe vs Tipper is about to happen and Rubyiris and Silly Kyle really want to see who the winner is, they will be forced to play their match anyways at that time.

The date is still to be determined. Most likely, it will be the second to last weekend in January or the first weekend in February. You guys can tell me if there are any big tournaments on those two dates that I should avoid having a tournament on.

Lastly, I am sticking to the times that I create for when the tournament registration starts. Most likely registration will be starting at 11:30 AM. You have 30 minutes of lee-way time in which you can be late. At 12:00, I am closing registration for doubles. Singles registration will most likely be 2:00 PM. It will go until 2:30 PM. If you haven't paid your fee by then, provided that we collect at that time, you will be considered late and will have to pay a late fee. After 1 hour or more from whatever the designated time will be, you will be considered not entering. I'm going to try to be really strict about my times when I choose them. Lastly, if you know you will be there late, tell me in advance. We will see what we can work out. In advance means a week in advance if possible. 2 days in advance is pushing it, and any less than 1 day in advance will be unacceptable.

I hope to make the next tournament run very well and smoothly. Thank you all for your cooperation.

~BW

Top Bottom