• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
That's your opinion, Xander. I happen to think Brawl is really fun too... (until I get timed out by KiraFlax on my counterpick)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Didn't you used to play Brawl? looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Not like it matters cuz Marvel is better than everything =D.

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
He's saying he wants to learn melee so you really shouldn't be trolling him.

Since Tony didn't respond I'll take that as a no and I'll be in the photolab instead of doubles. Rob, text me when you figure out when you will start singles and please don't make the tournament last so late, that's the main reason why I don't care to come much.

Jeff, I want to play seriouslies with you. I want to see how much worse I've gotten since you and Sean moved and I stopped caring much about this game.

/care comments

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so the tournament ended at the EXACT same time

even though we showed up an hour or two early

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Whew, you guys and your Melee runs. ~_~; I couldn't show up since my Grandma came back from St. Louis and I had not seen her in a while.

Okami, how's the next one gonna be ran since if you do it around this time, it'll be around finals weeks for the semester...?
---
also, name it something like "leftovers snorlax" or "choice specs salamence"

I have never heard of a poison healing blissey. such hax.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Actually, it ended about an hour early. We left IHOP around 1:30, 1:45, which is about when we're getting into the Cellar. So yeah. It ran faster.

Next one will be called "SkarmDisc".

Results:

1: Team Blue Popos (Tony and Son) ($20.00)
2: College (Vulpix) Combo (Two Sandbaggers) ($8.00)
3: Rotom-S Balloon (Shiv and Xander)
4: Cat People (Cooper and Tipper)
5: Bair Necessities (Brad and Jade)
6: Noobz (Glich and Kira)
7: Lil' Gangsta Short in Size (Lane and Jordan)

Singles:

1: ($56.00)
2: ($16.00)
3: Axe ($8.00)
4: Bacon Isai
5: Okami
5: Silly Kyle
7: Shiv
7: Rubyiris
9: KiraFlax
9: Tipper
9: Glich
9: Cooper
13: StretchNutz
13: Book
13: Fool
13: Sunnyside

Note: Tai told me to post this...Jeff sandbagged the heck out of Tai by going Young Link and Mewtwo.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Singles:

1: ($56.00)
2: ($16.00)
3: Axe ($8.00)
4: Bacon Isai
5: Okami
5: Silly Kyle
7: Shiv
7: Rubyiris
9: KiraFlax
9: Tipper
9: Glich
9: Cooper
13: StretchNutz
13: Book
13: Fool
13: Sunnyside

Note: Tai told me to post this...Jeff sandbagged the heck out of Tai by going Young Link and Mewtwo.
Wait, why did you leave me and Tony's names out of the results?

Taj

and

The Bronze Kneecap

Also, just saying. Jeff used Peach, ICs, Marth, Mewtwo, AND Young Link.

He also didn't ban FD against me or Tony.

or bust out Pikachu against either of us.

Just make a note saying Jeff used secondaries/tertiaries/quaternaries against me and Tony.

EDIT: nvm, you didn't complete the bracket.

Tony sorta laid the smackdown on me in Grand Finals LOLL

If you're willing to make the effort, just double click his name to show that he won, and then our names will show in the results.

forward

Smash Champion
So I'm looking to host a tournament at my house on either december 4th or 11th. Rob would probably host a tournament on the day that I don't host, so there would be back to back tourneys in AZ. Can I get a vote from the people on what they would prefer?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Oh duh...I'm surprised I didn't fix that.

Also, I just realized that I didn't ever click Modified...so Tai, you were supposed to get 8 more dollars from Tony. You guys can work that out.

Basically pot split was 70/20/10 when it was supposed to be 60/30/10. Thanks to Tipper for pointing that out.

Ch3s

Smash Journeyman
So I'm looking to host a tournament at my house on either december 4th or 11th. Rob would probably host a tournament on the day that I don't host, so there would be back to back tourneys in AZ. Can I get a vote from the people on what they would prefer?
Its the house in tempe right? If so id love to go, but there is a brawl one at chris's on the 4th, so maybe the 11th then rob holds one the 18th? Idk I know its close to christmas but still... If its melee im there either way

forward

Smash Champion
Well the reason we don't want to do the 18th is because that is when the norcal tournament is and there might be AZ players going there.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Not only might there be AZ players going there...Shiv and I are definitely going home to California and probably going to Don't Go Down There Jeff afterwards.

If there is a tournament on both weekends, I'll simply host the next possible date in January, I think.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm nearly done rendering all commentary videos from Poison Heal Blissey, 5 videos to go out of 13.

They will be sent to Tai who will be uploading them on his YT channel.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Sweet. If at all possible, would someone mind linking all of the videos here in the standard format that I use so I can put it on the front page?

Here's a sample:
[URL=YouTube URL)Player 1 vs Player 2 (Match # if necessary)[/URL)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
double post with updates:

I'm done with all commentary files. the last few sets are off-synch and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it. they start the match synched up, but as the set progresses, for whatever reason, the video lags behind. This is most notable in any match that involves Marth.

I'm finishing up the few sets that were played before I set-up commentary as I type this post.

Note: Okami has been rendering videos since last month. I have everything done in a day, and that's WITH an asston of procrastination. I think it would be best if Cooper and I took over recording duties. I'm happy to get the files to whomever finds it most appropriate to be on their Youtube, but for getting the **** done in the first place, I've proven in the past, and again that I'm the most punctual when it comes to videography.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
double post with updates:

I'm done with all commentary files. the last few sets are off-synch and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it. they start the match synched up, but as the set progresses, for whatever reason, the video lags behind. This is most notable in any match that involves Marth.

I'm finishing up the few sets that were played before I set-up commentary as I type this post.

Note: Okami has been rendering videos since last month. I have everything done in a day, and that's WITH an asston of procrastination. I think it would be best if Cooper and I took over recording duties. I'm happy to get the files to whomever finds it most appropriate to be on their Youtube, but for getting the **** done in the first place, I've proven in the past, and again that I'm the most punctual when it comes to videography.
I'll bring my external HD to following tournaments so I can just take the vids from your laptop.

EDIT: Also, you should message the MU links to me on FB or SWF once you're done with them so I can get on them once I get home from school lol.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
That's fine. If you don't mind recording it, either Tai or I could upload to our channels. I don't have a problem with uploading stuff. That takes only a short amount of time. For me, it was putting the names on and syncing the audio that was the pain.

P.S. You also don't have school, homework, or people over at your place every day (however, I can't say this one for sure)...so of course you'll be able to get it done faster.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
instead of school work I have other responsibilities, and I live with two other smashers. The thing was that I got it done on the Sunday after the monthly. There was no PTA, and my roommates were tired/busy so I had no real responsibilities for that day, which gave me the time needed to render everything. I procrastinated a HELLA LOT and still got everything done in a day.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Okami whats your sunday schedual look like? I really don't understand why it's taken you over a month to finish the last monthly and it took me a day being slow.

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
Anybody that johns about time are ****tards and have nothing on my schedule.

On another note, bacon johns. **** the ***** that forgot to put bacon in my gyro.

Dundun-dun--dundun-dun------dundun-dun--dundun-dun------

kid tipper

Smash Cadet
pretty sure this is all just mind games for the rob-xander match on Wednesday.

MORE HYPE

I'm gonna be so pro on wednesday, pulled an all nighter last night and doing another tonight ugh **** school.

Top Bottom