• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try Hard 4: Live Free or Try Hard (December 1st) AZ (Last one)

forward

Smash Champion
No, I'm completely serious this time. I've been studying Falco videos the best I can and I plan on trying to get as much advice as possible to get really good with Falco.
That's what you said every other time. And you're also playing Falcon and Marth against Xander, having a main means you play that character 98% of the time.

TheBook

Smash Rookie
Thank you everyone for such great tournament, there was a lot of matches that gave me something to take from and improve, and even though this was my first time using Samus I already feel like it was the right choice to play her. I will be working hard on getting my game up to par for next month! shout out to M3dz for the great double matches you honestly did most of the work, I just held stock haha. As for Ben and Okami, thank you for all the practice it is absolutely crucial to have good players to practice with, and i probably wouldn't get any better without you guys.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
That's what you said every other time. And you're also playing Falcon and Marth against Xander, having a main means you play that character 98% of the time.
No I didn't. How could I study vids when we had ****ty internet? All I do now is watch Mango's Falco.

Playing Falcon and Marth a TINY bit in FRIENDLIES reflects nothing as to who I actually play.

I used all Falcon this tournament and in friendlies played I think one game of Sheik during all of friendlies? And like....maybe 5 games of Fox? Everything else was pretty much Falco haha.

Just because I used all Falcon this tournament doesn't make me a Falcon main does it? Because from last I recall you said my Falcon sucks ;)

I plan on using pretty much nothing but Falco in the future. I have a friend to ask advice for on AIM so I should be set. **** =D

forward

Smash Champion
Spencer I would say that you don't have a main because you are always switching what characters you play. Maybe you could say you main several characters, I could see that. Just the same way Axe mains Pika and Falco. But saying "I'm going to main Falco" and then playing a lot of other characters doesn't show commitment to any character imo.

It's whatever though. If you do start playing Falco a lot then good luck. Work hard and have fun with it. Maining a character also means you have more losses with that character on your record than any other character. What characters do you think Jeff has lost with more than any other? Pika and Falco, for sure, simply because he uses them so much. Now he can play Peach, and he does decently, but he hasn't lost enough matches to make her as good as his mains. People who main a character lose with that character a lot, but that's how they get good with them.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Spencer I would say that you don't have a main because you are always switching what characters you play. Maybe you could say you main several characters, I could see that. Just the same way Axe mains Pika and Falco. But saying "I'm going to main Falco" and then playing a lot of other characters doesn't show commitment to any character imo.

It's whatever though. If you do start playing Falco a lot then good luck. Work hard and have fun with it. Maining a character also means you have more losses with that character on your record than any other character. What characters do you think Jeff has lost with more than any other? Pika and Falco, for sure, simply because he uses them so much. Now he can play Peach, and he does decently, but he hasn't lost enough matches to make her as good as his mains. People who main a character lose with that character a lot, but that's how they get good with them.
I could say that but I could also base it off of what character I generally would play most and do best with. I'd say that's Fox. Fox is probably still my best as of right now. Any reasons for Sheik being better than my Fox are just random times when I'm not feelin Fox but I'm feeling Sheik. Overall in general though I think my Fox is probably my most solid consistent character.

I'm better against Peach with Sheik as of right now but that's probably about it. Also, for some reason my Fox does WAY BETTER against low tiers than my Sheik does. But yeah I know that's what make you have the most losses, that's what practice is for. You have the most wins and losses as Falco but because you got to a point where you could consistently have the wins overcome the losses, you have a positive record.

And yes Xander I know your advice isn't bad and I take it sometimes but I gotta take to druggedfox the most =D

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
No. Iron Dragon gets his **** sucked by Tori Black.

On a side note, I main Roy on FD and Ness on FoD. Falcon on YS. Marth on Battlefield. Dreamland? ;)

I would main Fox if:
-I could waveshine backwards
-I had time to practice consistent techskill

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
No. Iron Dragon gets his **** sucked by Tori Black.

On a side note, I main Roy on FD and Ness on FoD. Falcon on YS. Marth on Battlefield. Dreamland? ;)

I would main Fox if:
-I could waveshine backwards
-I had time to practice consistent techskill
-It isn't hard.
-You don't need that.

LOL @ the other stuff.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i better have a shoutout! lol jay-kay and about that maining thing i main falco, i dont use him 98% of the time in friendlies just saying. and lol how come you dont want my advice spencer!? not good enough for you!? *****!

aberz™

Smash Cadet
13: Aberz – Your Captain Falcon has lots of potential. Maybe you could be the new GG7 for AZ! Lol, and I was really surprised at how well you did in teams with Chris. Seriously, it was annoying getting knee’d in the back of the head out of nowhere!! I had a good time chilling at GG7’s house. Hope to see you in Tucson again soon!!
Thank you :p, it was fun being there.
I will try to get a few days off again so that we can go for another tournament.
I don't think it will be soon though, maybe like in 2-3 more months.
Works got me all bunched up in knots haha.

I hope I get to be as good as GG7 :p
Doods' too good, especially when he is high lol.

Bacon Isai

Smash Cadet
November 13th eh? I guess I can make it.

Last tournament I pulled a Mango, this time I'm pulling a Scorp ;)

Joey: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Top Bottom