• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble! Smash Ultimate Embraces Pre-Order DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
The Smash series is a very popular series with a very dedicated group of fans ripe for exploitation. Smash 4 already introduced DLC as well as a pricey peripheral for nostalgic gamers that let them play with a Gamecube controller and was only used on that game. Smash Ultimate aims to up the quota with even more DLC fighters and stages down the line, as well as pre-order DLC, as well as another Gamecube controller peripheral (Gamecube controllers sold separately). At this point, I fully expect loot boxes to be patched in later at some point (remember Destiny 2, the best-selling game of last year?).

I mention this because the game is available for pre-purchase on the eShop now. Under the game are the options to order everything at once as well as each pack individually... and the packs are very hush-hush about what it is you're ordering. There's no telling if it's something you don't want or something from previous games that should have been included in the main game (to fulfill the main selling point). They could contain that one stage/character you've always wanted. Or they could be a complete waste. Whatever the case may be, I would never buy food in unmarked packages, I would never buy a car with no picture, and I would never take a plane flight that I didn't know the destination of. So why would I buy these.

This is only the beginning. They could introduce another Fighter's Pass, a custom controller, have more DLC stages and fighters than previously, and even have loot boxes patched in (they already have the mechanics). Meanwhile, the first three games sold for full price and made a fortune just fine. This is only to push the envelope. I never see smaller games launched at lower prices doing this.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's a pack. You don't have to preorder to get it. Alternatively, you can preorder and not get it.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
1. The main selling point of the game is "Everyone is Here." As in, every fighter who could ever be playable in previous games is present. And that was confirmed and flaunted at E3. That same Direct also made sure to check expectations and "not to expect too many new fighters this time" and never promised anything akin to what the supposed "leaks" would've lead people to believe or any specific characters/content in general.
2. They sell Gamecube adaptors and re-release Gamecube Controllers because people who buy their games want to play Smash with a Gamecube controllers, by the admission of many of its vocal and non-vocal supporters. It's a product that people want; Nintendo is a business, so they're going out of their way to produce these for a single game because business is supply and demand. And the demand is ridiculous.
3. The Nintendo Direct went out of its way to ask if you're not confident in the value of the DLC to not buy the DLC. This is unheard of and no other developers in their right mind usually acknowledge this.
4. It looks to me like you're basing a lot of the negativity off the assumption that Spirits will have a micro-transaction component to it. We've seen the Spirit interface in-depth and even the game's Shop menu, and all of it operates purely off in-game gold that you earn by playing the game. There is no other real-world currency component that we can see, and that would've been spotted by now considering the post-Direct footage that has since surfaced.
5. Your listed examples of unknown quantities are flawed analogies because Smash DLC is digital entertainment that does not put your health and safety at risk. Obviously you'd check your food and car purchases, but they fall under a very different set of standards than a non-essential luxury item like a DLC pack does. The comparisons don't make any sense.
6. You're absolutely right, they could introduce another Fighter Pass or other merchandise later on. In every case in Smash Bros 4's lifecycle both digital and physical, what you were purchasing was always clearly defined and never had varying contents like a loot box would. There is currently no indication that will change for Ultimate.
7. Nintendo is not Bungie.

To be clear, I'm not attacking or belittling you. My only intention is to counter the points and arguments you've brought up because I can tell these things are bothering you. You have every right to your opinions, but I hope what I've shared helps shed some light and lets you enjoy Smash Ultimate and maybe even regain some lost confidence in Ultimate.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The DLC is coming out in 2019 and we have no idea what it is.
Yep. And funny thing about that:

You don't have to buy it.

Crazy concept, I know.

It's a pack. You don't have to preorder to get it. Alternatively, you can preorder and not get it.
Yeah, I've never understood the vehement anti-preorder people. I don't know of any company that won't refund your preorder if you change your mind (unless you're preordering digitally, which, uh, that's on you I guess). All a preorder is, is giving a company $5 in advance to reserve yourself a copy and guarantee it's waiting on you day one. And if you decide you don't want it anymore, get your $5 back. And if you don't want to preorder, uh. Don't? Nobody's forcing you to.

How that's evil, I don't know.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
1. The main selling point of the game is "Everyone is Here." As in, every fighter who could ever be playable in previous games is present. And that was confirmed and flaunted at E3. That same Direct also made sure to check expectations and "not to expect too many new fighters this time" and never promised anything akin to what the supposed "leaks" would've lead people to believe or any specific characters/content in general.
2. They sell Gamecube adaptors and re-release Gamecube Controllers because people who buy their games want to play Smash with a Gamecube controllers, by the admission of many of its vocal and non-vocal supporters. It's a product that people want; Nintendo is a business, so they're going out of their way to produce these for a single game because business is supply and demand. And the demand is ridiculous.
3. The Nintendo Direct went out of its way to ask if you're not confident in the value of the DLC to not buy the DLC. This is unheard of and no other developers in their right mind usually acknowledge this.
4. It looks to me like you're basing a lot of the negativity off the assumption that Spirits will have a micro-transaction component to it. We've seen the Spirit interface in-depth and even the game's Shop menu, and all of it operates purely off in-game gold that you earn by playing the game. There is no other real-world currency component that we can see, and that would've been spotted by now considering the post-Direct footage that has since surfaced.
5. Your listed examples of unknown quantities are flawed analogies because Smash DLC is digital entertainment that does not put your health and safety at risk. Obviously you'd check your food and car purchases, but they fall under a very different set of standards than a non-essential luxury item like a DLC pack does. The comparisons don't make any sense.
6. You're absolutely right, they could introduce another Fighter Pass or other merchandise later on. In every case in Smash Bros 4's lifecycle both digital and physical, what you were purchasing was always clearly defined and never had varying contents like a loot box would. There is currently no indication that will change for Ultimate.
7. Nintendo is not Bungie.

To be clear, I'm not attacking or belittling you. My only intention is to counter the points and arguments you've brought up because I can tell these things are bothering you. You have every right to your opinions, but I hope what I've shared helps shed some light and lets you enjoy Smash Ultimate and maybe even regain some lost confidence in Ultimate.
Actually, the in game gold use might be a good thing since in 4 I have a lot of gold I don't really use much.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Yeah, I've never understood the vehement anti-preorder people. I don't know of any company that won't refund your preorder if you change your mind (unless you're preordering digitally, which, uh, that's on you I guess). All a preorder is, is giving a company $5 in advance to reserve yourself a copy and guarantee it's waiting on you day one. And if you decide you don't want it anymore, get your $5 back. And if you don't want to preorder, uh. Don't? Nobody's forcing you to.

How that's evil, I don't know.
I think the most persistent issue is large companies pushing pre-orders with certain bonuses as a strategy to get people to purchase the game before it or reviews come out. Plenty of the most aggressive pre-order campaigns in years past have been for games that ended up being reviewed poorly and evidently being unfinished/buggy messes. It's gotten to the point where pre-order/pre-purchase campaigns are often conflated with the intention to sell an inferior product before word gets out about its true nature. Even if it's not always true, it's happened enough that many people don't pre-order anymore because they don't want to be burned again or don't want others to share the same fate.

I've personally only pre-ordered twice: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (good game, but my 360 got smashed shortly afterward so I missed the multiplayer aspect in its prime for a while), and Pokemon X, which burned me out on the series because it was so similar to the last three that I had also gotten soon after release. I'm not hot on the idea anymore, so even though Smash Ultimate is shaping up to be awesome, I probably won't pre-order/pre-purchase.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
This is a fine model tbh.

For people who know they'll want the full game/roster, you're essentially getting a $5 discount for doing so as opposed to buying separately. If you aren't confident in who's going to be DLC, just pick and choose what you want to buy. No one's forcing you to.

Calling this practice exploitative when Nintendo is in the same industry as ****ing Fortnite and EA is incredibly laughable.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai when talking about the pass: "Only those confident in its value should get it." Pretty much just for the fans who know they want to get every fighter regardless; they wouldn't show every DLC pack anyway because they want to keep surprises.

And Piranha Plant can be received for free even if you don't pre-order, there's nothing that requires you to pre-order the game.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think the most persistent issue is large companies pushing pre-orders with certain bonuses as a strategy to get people to purchase the game before it or reviews come out. Plenty of the most aggressive pre-order campaigns in years past have been for games that ended up being reviewed poorly and evidently being unfinished/buggy messes. It's gotten to the point where pre-order/pre-purchase campaigns are often conflated with the intention to sell an inferior product before word gets out about its true nature. Even if it's not always true, it's happened enough that many people don't pre-order anymore because they don't want to be burned again or don't want others to share the same fate.

I've personally only pre-ordered twice: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (good game, but my 360 got smashed shortly afterward so I missed the multiplayer aspect in its prime for a while), and Pokemon X, which burned me out on the series because it was so similar to the last three that I had also gotten soon after release. I'm not hot on the idea anymore, so even though Smash Ultimate is shaping up to be awesome, I probably won't pre-order/pre-purchase.
And I understand that. My interpretation of preorders is that it's convenient for both the customer and the retailer-- what "bonuses" are added doesn't really affect my decision at all.

In the latter part of the last console generation, the bonuses were getting fairly absurd. I remember Dragon Age II in particular held off an entire party member as DLC, but only for people who preordered the game before a specific date, encouraging preorders a whole month in advance of the game's release and forcing you not to cancel it if you wanted that party member. Of course, this was EA, so. Surprise surprise. Besides the "play three days early" tactic that some companies have employed in the last two years, I can't really think of any outrageous preorder bonuses this console generation. I remember them always being optional and petty, like Destiny's red sparrow and ghost shell that didn't do **** in the game and would be replaced by something better 5hrs in anyway.

But I preorder games I know I want because then I know they'll have them. There'll be one for me, with my name on it, available on day one or the evening before. This is especially helpful with collectors' editions, which I love to collect for series I love. I'll never really understand people who come into a Gamestop on launch day and get angry that they're out of copies when they didn't preorder one for themselves. (Something that happens disturbingly often?)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It is a preorder bonus, but this is different from other examples in the gaming industry where it is pretty scummy and why this one is A-ok.

The big difference is that it’s not day 1 dlc and it’s for content not completed yet. This is very different from let’s say the transformer games cutting out characters to make them retail exclusive only to sell them later when the content is 100% done.

They showed us a teaser for him but that’s it, otherwise we got little to know how done the character is.

That’s what the difference is. Day 1 dlc is a bad business practice but this isn’t that.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Did he actually say don't buy it if you aren't confident, or that they are hopeful that those confident will buy it? Either way, there was no arm twisting.

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
I know Nintendo and Bungie are not the same company. You may not know this, but there is jealously and hero worship within Nintendo towards Apple, EA, and even Sony. Whenever those companies do something, Nintendo follows suit and puts a Nintendo spin on it. They've been adopting EA's method of making similar and barely updated sequels more recently. Interfaces in Nintendo consoles (especially the Wii U and 3DS) resemble Apps. Not to mention the touchscreens and home buttons. And the Sony inspirations, hoo boy. After the PS1, Nintendo's next console was disc based. After the PS2, Nintendo made a console that was similarly slim and was mainly supported by party games and retro collections alongside the usual sports games and AAA games as well as making a correct implementation of motion controls compared to the EyeToy. After the PS3, they made a console full of firmware and updates as well as getting into DLC, patches, and a greater emphasis on online for the first time. The 3DS has a D-Pad and analog stick on the left and four buttons on the right, as well as one pair of shoulder buttons just like the PSP and they added on another one after the Vita. The Switch's menu is eerily similar to the PS4's. Wether Sony is successful or not, there is a feeling of Sony seniority when it comes to electronics in Japan, so Nintendo applies the "lateral thinking of withered technology" strategy to whatever Sony did before. Japanese companies in general tend to produce very similar things because they view other companies as frenemies and see building wealth and assets as the board game Go where someone else making lots of things means you can change them all into your color.

Also, I know I don't have to buy add-ons and extra controllers. But others will and they will have the advantage of being more familiar with the characters and stages. You will see them online which will subtly entice you to get them. And of course popular streamers and tournament players will probably love them too. Not to mention regular friends who might incessantly ask you to get them. And I only brought up Bungie as an example of retroactively putting the microtransactions in. It's been done by plenty of other companies in plenty of other games as well, and I doubt Nintendo will pass up the opportunity to cash that in especially during a success period.

There is a form of protest you can do: Keep playing Smash 64. Keep playing Melee. Keep playing Brawl. Keep playing 4. Show Nintendo you'd rather have inferior games as long as you only pay for them once.

One more thing: If you download a game and don't like it, there's nothing you can do to get your money back. If you get it physically, you can at least give it to a friend who likes it more. It's available for pre-download on the e-Shop and pre-order copies won't arrive until D7. Nintendo isn't on the same level as other big companies now, but they might surpass them someday.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It is a preorder bonus, but this is different from other examples in the gaming industry where it is pretty scummy and why this one is A-ok.

The big difference is that it’s not day 1 dlc and it’s for content not completed yet. This is very different from let’s say the transformer games cutting out characters to make them retail exclusive only to sell them later when the content is 100% done.

They showed us a teaser for him but that’s it, otherwise we got little to know how done the character is.

That’s what the difference is. Day 1 dlc is a bad business practice but this isn’t that.
But it's not actually a preorder bonus. It's an "early adopter" bonus. We have nearly two whole months post-launch to purchase and register the game to get the DLC.

One could even hypothetically wait to get a used copy in late January then register the game under their account on January 30th and still get the character.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
In comparison to other "pre-order bonuses" Smash is much better for a couple reasons:

1. You don't technically have to pre-order the game, just register it to your Nintendo account by January 31st, and you get Piranha Plant completely free.
2. It's not Day 1 DLC. Piranha Plant won't be complete until February, so it's not like they're cutting anything out and holding it back for later.

But on another note, I have to ask: Do you really have anything positive to say about this game? Every post I've seen from you is some form of complaint about Ultimate. Is there anything you actually like? (I'm being serious here).

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the game yet because I haven't played it yet. I'm confused about the people who like the game and haven't played it yet.

I am excited to play it. Or at least I was prior to this month. As I have said, I have owned and played every previous installment. I have the Switch as well as 2 Joy-Con pairs and a Pro Controller. I wanted to contribute to Adventure mode routing for longer categories. And I have a neighbor across the street who is young, has only ever owned Brawl, and Ultimate is all he ever thinks about. We became friends earlier this year and he was happy to discover someone who not only had a Wii U, but a Switch as well. I am a retro gamer who is used to getting high quality, fun games for less than a season pass or even a single DLC purchase costs in a modern game. They may not be as good, but the cost-to-gameplay ratio was better. Seeing the $60 version as incomplete and an $85 one as complete right under it on the eShop, I will have to have a talk with him about how the game is not within my range of affording which will disappoint him. If none of the extra monetization (aside form different controllers) were an issue, I would have already pre-downloaded the game. But I can't support this at full price, especially digitally because it will only embolden more monetization in future installments.

As to why I'm so negative? It's to balance out the complete lack of anything but hype everywhere I've seen. How many people can watch all the trailers with nothing but excited screams and not a single concern?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I can understand where you're coming from... to a certain degree.
While I do believe that your feelings are mostly justified from your experiences, calling Ultimate an incomplete game... is kind of baffling to me.
They somehow managed to bring back every character from past games into one package.
It may not have every mode/feature from past games, but it at least tries something new and interesting with Spirits. And I can appreciate that.
There might be DLC, but Smash 4 had that too. And considering you have 74 characters (75 if you get Piranha Plant free), you'll still be entertained.
Not to mention we have some form of Adventure mode.
I get that the game isn't perfect, but calling it incomplete just isn't justifiable to me.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As to why I'm so negative? It's to balance out the complete lack of anything but hype everywhere I've seen. How many people can watch all the trailers with nothing but excited screams and not a single concern?
To be fair, I have plenty of concerns.

This topic has never once been one of them. The idea that DLC is strictly stuff that should have been in the game is a very broad assumption and, in many cases, an entitled one. Budgets have to be set. Employees have to be paid. Schedules have to be met. If DLC didn't exist, the base game would still be this roster. It's not that they're cutting out a portion and reselling it. It's that they're adding on something that wouldn't have existed in the first place.

If Melee had DLC, Wario would've been added. If Brawl had DLC, Mewtwo would have been added. They were cut from the main game due to time constraints and we never got to play them; now we get to play more than the base game, and it's entirely optional. You're fully within your right to not want to purchase it because you don't have to. Speak with your wallet. Buy what you want. But I'm not taking a stand against a perfectly reasonable business practice of which I approve.

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
The complaints would be mitigated if there were something to offset them. Like if the base price became lower. Or the online were still free (have we forgotten already or just not played a Switch game online until the game comes out?) Instead Nintendo's bringing out everything at once: Paid online (when it's been free for a year and a half on the same console), a season pass, DLC and plans for future DLC, and expensive special controllers/peripherals. No drowning out or mitigation other than "It's for a game we will almost certainly like". What if the game comes out and it's just okay? Like it's good, but not worth multiple times more than what previous games cost?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The complaints would be mitigated if there were something to offset them. Like if the base price became lower. Or the online were still free (have we forgotten already or just not played a Switch game online until the game comes out?) Instead Nintendo's bringing out everything at once: Paid online (when it's been free for a year and a half on the same console), a season pass, DLC and plans for future DLC, and expensive special controllers/peripherals. No drowning out or mitigation other than "It's for a game we will almost certainly like". What if the game comes out and it's just okay? Like it's good, but not worth multiple times more than what previous games cost?
Then you don't buy the other things that make it more than $60. It's optional content.

The peripherals aren't necessary. The fighter pass isn't necessary. The Piranha Plant is free and also isn't necessary. The online subscription is negligible if you plan on playing any Nintendo games online (and you have a Switch logo for your avatar, so I assume you will), and it actually becomes free if you earn enough gold coins from your Switch purchases (which I did).

So, if you buy the game for $60 and don't like it, then don't buy anything else and trade it in or sell your copy online. Be an adult about it and make a reasonable financial decision based on the products offered and your personal tastes.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All off the above could be applied to Smash 4, minus the paid online and a set season pass.
That game had controllers/adapters that cost almost as much as the game, if not more.
That game had DLC, and over that same time 1.5 years time span, we had MORE DLC to pay for.
We're not getting a lower base price. For the amount of content they're jamming into this game, be thankful it's ONLY $60 at launch.
Smash 4 also launched with that same price point.

At this point if you're that dead set against the game, don't buy it. Spend your money elsewhere. If you think it's worth $60 and nothing else, buy the base game and that's it.

That's all there is to it.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
If you don't like the DLC, don't buy the DLC. If you don't want expensive branded controllers, don't buy them. Nothing is precluding you from just buying the base game, and the price of the base game is absurdly good given the amount of content in the game.

"What if the game comes out and it's just OK?" - wait till its out, check beforehand, try before you die, I don't care. There's plenty of time to make an informed decision and still get Piranha Plant for free. It's hardly as if Nintendo are trying to funnel you into an expensive day 1 purchase for content you can never obtain otherwise.

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
I don't hate the game. That's like saying I hate a person because they have a disease.

I care about a lot more games than just Smash. I generally have very niche tastes and want to experience a variety of games. And frankly, Smash isn't that high on my list. A lot of the no doubt smaller games I would rather not only play, but support will have to come before. The people around me don't want me spending too much money on games which means the purchases of those other Switch games will have to be few and far between.

I'm just puzzled as to why other people, presumably those with less money, are okay with feeding the beast and telling others not to complain? Usually, games employing this much monetization would become much more affordable, like what if it was free but only while you had the online subscription going? Instead the price has been raised since last time.

Whenever there's a new announcement or something new available for purchase, I will most likely bring up concerns about how it will affect the game. And if anyone tells me "don't like it don't buy it" I will ask them why they are reading my thread instead of playing the game. I will only reply in my own threads unless someone else starts a thread about being disappointed that several others are on board with. So if you don't like what I'm saying, I'm easy to avoid on the boards at least. Smash 4 started good then became contentious after the DLC began. There was debate and criticism, and it's better than ever now.

When Ultimate comes out, I want to be having fun with World of Light, the Metal Mario stage, and King K Rool. I don't want to be giving disappointed fans consoling e-hugs.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm just puzzled as to why other people, presumably those with less money, are okay with feeding the beast and telling others not to complain? Usually, games employing this much monetization would become much more affordable, like what if it was free but only while you had the online subscription going? Instead the price has been raised since last time.
I'm curious. Can you name some examples?

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
Most MMOs and multiplayer shooters, even popular ones that can get away with not being free, have went free to start to stay relevant after accruing more things you can spend money on. And it's not even because of that- the games usually do this to stay relevant after other games come out just to keep people playing because being "free" sounds good.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I just have one question then: Why post on a website that's filled with major Smash fans when you're trying to make an argument against Ultimate using not-so justifiable claims? I would understand if there was some reasonable substance behind your beliefs, but the examples you're providing in your defense aren't very grounded when referring Smash.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Most MMOs and multiplayer shooters, even popular ones that can get away with not being free, have went free to start to stay relevant after accruing more things you can spend money on. And it's not even because of that- the games usually do this to stay relevant after other games come out just to keep people playing because being "free" sounds good.
Yeah but I'm asking for examples that follow this model. A free-to-play game or MMO doesn't add five DLC characters in a year total. These are completely different business models.

So I'll ask again. Can you name some examples of games that have a monetization plan like what Smash Bros. Ultimate is employing that are also a more affordable base game price as a result?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
It sounds like the OP is confused about the whole situation. Just think of it like SSB4's DLC.
It sounds less like the OP is confused and more like the OP is dead-set on believing "all businesses are predatory, capitalism is the devil!" and on making everybody else believe it, too, even if it means shooting logic in the face thousands of times, setting its corpse on fire, and throwing a few hundred "heretics" into the blaze.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Princess Rescuer Princess Rescuer This entire argument is pointless. Complaining about free DLC and a completely optional fighters pass is just asking for attention in my opinion. If you don't have confidence in it, don't buy it. You also have the option to buy a specific fighter if you want to.
No point in continuing here.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Princess Rescuer Princess Rescuer , just saying, you have 2 threads and both of them speculate that Nintendo are trying to make Ultimate some sort of EA/Activision/Epic Games style of a cash grab. Both of your arguments have been pointless, and the more you uphold them the digger you deep your grave. Both this thread and the other one you made should be closed because they are both factually inaccurate.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Princess Rescuer Princess Rescuer , just saying, you have 2 threads and both of them speculate that Nintendo are trying to make Ultimate some sort of EA/Activision/Epic Games style of a cash grab. Both of your arguments have been pointless, and the more you uphold them the digger you deep your grave. Both this thread and the other one you made should be closed because they are both factually inaccurate.
Epic Games and Fortnite aren't really a cash grab, considering everything is entirely cosmetic and optional. You can easily become skilled at the game without paying a single penny. You do make a really good point though with EA and Activision, especially with this entire argument.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
spunkysix is that you ? :p

there is nothing wrong with DLC it more content for the ppl who enjoy the game and want more.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
I guess I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Smash Ultimate is certainly a complete package on its own. It is filled to the brim with content, tons of fighters and stages. The DLC is Nintendo allowing you to get even more content after the release for a price. They are not cutting anything from the game to sell it as DLC, which is exactly how it should be done.

Back in 64/Melee/Brawl days you got the game at release and that was how it was. In today's world, even after you get the game at launch, you can still look forward to some new fighters and that's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom