• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce of Inspiration: the last piece of the Tetraforce is...

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
what does that mean exactly? I've never been big on acronyms
Oh, nbd = no big deal.
> If changing her air momentum and other stuff affects her other movement options like wavedashing, etc., it's no big deal because it's all for funsies.

On another note...how can I revert the 3.6b Holy Priestess' visual effects back to vanilla? I want to practice getting more precise tele-cancelling with the wind visual, but the rest of the effects in her moveset are throwing my practice partner off :/ Is there an easy way to copy+replace stuff from the vanilla 3.6b Zelda files to the Holy Priestess files, or vice versa?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Oh, nbd = no big deal.
> If changing her air momentum and other stuff affects her other movement options like wavedashing, etc., it's no big deal because it's all for funsies.

On another note...how can I revert the 3.6b Holy Priestess' visual effects back to vanilla? I want to practice getting more precise tele-cancelling with the wind visual, but the rest of the effects in her moveset are throwing my practice partner off :/ Is there an easy way to copy+replace stuff from the vanilla 3.6b Zelda files to the Holy Priestess files, or vice versa?
If you have vanilla 3.6b, go to projectm -> pf -> fighter -> zelda, select all and copy. Then go to the same folder on your SD card and paste. Overwrite all name conflicts. Alternatively, you could see which dates don't match the others on your SD in the Zelda folder, delete those files, then paste in the vanilla files to replace the ones you deleted.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
If you have vanilla 3.6b, go to projectm -> pf -> fighter -> zelda, select all and copy. Then go to the same folder on your SD card and paste. Overwrite all name conflicts. Alternatively, you could see which dates don't match the others on your SD in the Zelda folder, delete those files, then paste in the vanilla files to replace the ones you deleted.
But...which files are the ones for the Holy Priestess teleport stuff? I still wanna keep that.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
But...which files are the ones for the Holy Priestess teleport stuff? I still wanna keep that.
there's no easy swap out for that, everything is in the ftizelda.pac so you either have everything or nothing.

Maybe, this is pointing out that i should revise some of the gfx? What all do people like/don't like?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
there's no easy swap out for that, everything is in the ftizelda.pac so you either have everything or nothing.

Maybe, this is pointing out that i should revise some of the gfx? What all do people like/don't like?
F-tilt doesn't fit in. All the other modifications were great.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord

Oh no, I like them. It's just too distracting for my friend when we play and I thought there was an easy way to have the teleport wind and vBrawl effects but...idk lol. I know some basic BrawlBox stuff. Can something from the Holy Priestess file be exported and imported into a vanilla PM 3.6 file?

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
you can export and replace the effs folder in bbox, but that won't take care of everything because the gfx overhall was more than just recoloring her external gfx. i think you'd still ahve the wind gfx though.

What moves does your friend find too distracting?

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
I think uthrow is the most distracting, since the yellow flash is above Zelda rather than on Zelda as with her other throws.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
you can export and replace the effs folder in bbox, but that won't take care of everything because the gfx overhall was more than just recoloring her external gfx. i think you'd still ahve the wind gfx though.

What moves does your friend find too distracting?
Everything I said lol, but he'd be fine with the teleport utaunt indicator

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
We honor now today the thoughts of our
congenial and skilled Vaporeon
Who was requested by my acolyte
to propose of his own conclusions an
efficacious yet a modest build of
Improvements for our loved and cherished Zelda
Now go and I implore you all to test
and comment on these changes; Onward to
the fires of media! Saith the Goddess, I.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pj8npygnmvi2e7w/vapes_zelda.rar

Downdraft

Smash Ace
My discussion in Tier List Speculation got me thinking, what if F-air and B-air's data was reversed?
F-air would be 18/15, frames 5-8, and a Sakurai angle while B-air would be 19/16, frames 8-11, and angle 40.
Then Zelda wouldn't have to RAR for the faster kick, and she'd be in more position more often to break out of false horizontal combos frame 5 rather than frame 8. I'd bargain that Zelda is facing the opponent when she's being combod more often than not.

edit: For clarification, what if the hitbox and frame data for both lightning kicks were completely swapped? The only things that would remain the same are hitbox placements.

Last edited:

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys sorry about the lateness of this week as I've been busy juggling some things with moving and what not. I finished downdrafts fair/bair reversed frame data a while ago but i had planned on lumping in a revised light arrow build with it on sunday, however it took me longer to perfect it. However, it really paid off this time as these are the best and most presentable light arrows I've made yet. I hope you guys are excited as I am about them! enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bib5ubbf1ql6z3t/Light_arrow_and_rev_kicks.rar

tavarner17

Smash Rookie
O Goddess of Inspiration, I beseech you hear thy servant's voice;
For your Holy Priestess' blessings, we have the greatest joys!
With a heavy heart I ask you to add something to our toys,
That we may have a new move instead of changing into boys.

May you give us a technique for the voyeurs 'round our hem,
One hit to lift their hopes and one to bring despair.
Then one more enchantment, that we may escape from them,
That we should float or hover high and in the air!

First off I love your Holy Priestess graphics set. Is the link you posted all for 3.6 all of the Holy Priestess stuff or just the teleport? Regardless it's much better than the official PM or Brawl graphics.

Whenever you finish your current projects, I would appreciate some help implementing the mechanics for a new move.

My request is for a move that would replace the Down-B transformation. I am not too sure about the animations, but I'm imaginging a tool that a) initiates a gentle float like her Din's fire does and b) deals two hits, one shortly after the other, and both all along the hem of her skirt. The first hit would behave in a similar fashion to Mr. Game and Watch's down-tilt, popping enemies up and out a short distance with set knockback. The second hit would knock enemies downward. So in the air the second hit would be a light meteor, and on the ground it may stagger an opponent.

Things to consider on the first hit, I think the Zelda should be forced to work hard in order to connect a move after it. That is already made more difficult since her animation would still be playing the second hit of her down-b. For the record, I don't think the aerial version should place any opponent in range of either her up air or kicks. That would just be too easy for us and unfair. That said, I think it would be fine if we could follow up in the same situation by expending a jump. My thought is that the first hit of this Down-B should knock opponents in a somewhat similar place as Wolf's shine. On the stage, Zelda doesn't have many options for picking an opponent up off of the ground, and I intend that this first hit could pick an opponent up with the potential to start a combo.

Giving the first hit's set knockback, in order for you to connect with the light meteor you would have to space it so that the first hit actually missed. I don't think I need to speak on the value of a light meteor, especially when paired with a gentle float and the movement mixups inherent to b-moves in this game.

This double hit move may also open up some options for her to pressure shields.

All that said, I think this down-b shouldn't be too useful as an option to counter approaches. To prevent that, the grounded version the should lift Zelda off the ground just barely. This would make her a) more vulnerable before the attack comes, b)force her to ground-tech if she gets hit, and c) force her to wait through landing lag after the move ended. All of that, while she should still able to reach staggered opponents.

Very open to questions, comments, and concerns!

Last edited:

noobftw

Smash Cadet
@ otheusrex otheusrex seems like you might be busy lately. But I think I'm going to making a list of changes to buff zelda, after talking it through with my friends and other smashers from my scene to make sure it's not bad, and I would love if you were to make those changes into a build! I don't think there will be any custom moves, just buffs to the moves she has already.
Things I'm thinking of right now:
Buffed jab, Din's to not have boomerang effect, buffed teleport, slightly changed angles on the weak hits of lightning kick, buffed grabs, and buffed dtilt. (always can add more :D)
I'll probably come up with numbers and a clear list after chatting with my friends on how everything should be and it should be done within a week or so.
I would understand that this would be difficult or too much work and you don't want to take the request. Let me know if you're willing too though!

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
So, guys. I've definitely had a long hiatus, but I'm back now. I can't say that i'll be doing a new build every week again though. Ever since i moved a few months ago, things got put on hold and my routine for keeping this builds on time fell apart. Got some much needed rest, and took a few weeks to finally iron out a decent Light Arrows build that I've been wanting to do forever. That's what I have for you guys today! This also has a bunch of other changes, most noticeably her dash, run, wavedash, air speed, gravity and fall speed are higher, though I think it's a good balance to still feel pretty familiar. You can think of this as my desire made true by the goddess. This isn't completely perfect just yet, but all the major brush strokes are there. Enjoy!

O Neri, Neri Where art thou, Spirit?
A special Princess has need of thy skills
O fairy, spirit of Wisdom, Neri,

Guide thou must the Princess Zelda's hand
For she has been lead down paths foreign
And lost her way from the Land of Hyrule.
A cast hand thou must go and wait,
An arrow loosed and thou must steer aright
From Skyward paths to striketh foes nearby,
And after, Neri, thou must return
Until, once more, thy guidance be required.
Now go forth, to the fires of media
And bring this blessing of the Ancient Dins

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bawu5awzah9jkmc/elf's_build_11.6_updated.rar

Last edited:

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Also, if you guys want a video you can check out this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE5MR9raSFg

That video shows off the build in pretty much it's most recent form, minus a few fixes i put into the updated version. If you want a video of gameplay there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNqa75UyTy8
but that's an outdated build. I'll look into making a recording with my friend Vapor and the updated build

Edit: This is the most recent video of changes, Dins fire looks a little different so it should be a better preview than the above, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBYAciZqu4

Last edited:

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
What happens to Sheik for the Light Arrow Build and whats the 11.6 build for?

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
What happens to Sheik for the Light Arrow Build and whats the 11.6 build for?
sorry i haven't been super active even though I said i would be. Life. Anyways, sheik is pretty much the same in that build but I was thinking since Zelda had an optional transform down b that was another move that sheik's transform should also do something different with an optional transform input. I was thinking perhaps a flickering visibility with flash overlay a la ganon's dodges and then put some intangibility on it so sheik could use transform as a dodge in and as itself.

The 11.6 is just a date marker; when you make tons and tons of builds with different copies for safety, you end up losing creativity when it comes to naming files

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
sorry i haven't been super active even though I said i would be. Life. Anyways, sheik is pretty much the same in that build but I was thinking since Zelda had an optional transform down b that was another move that sheik's transform should also do something different with an optional transform input. I was thinking perhaps a flickering visibility with flash overlay a la ganon's dodges and then put some intangibility on it so sheik could use transform as a dodge in and as itself.

The 11.6 is just a date marker; when you make tons and tons of builds with different copies for safety, you end up losing creativity when it comes to naming files
Ah i see just give Sheik Light Arrows too :p or a paralyzing Needle to make a safer on ground transform

Top Bottom