• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Triforce of Inspiration: the last piece of the Tetraforce is...

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Could the little and lone secret be that her dress glows to match the color of whichever special she's using?
Also, no, that's not the easter egg. Her skirt normally does that actually. I don't believe anyone's found the easter egg yet.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
For Melee styled gameplay with shifts
in balances, our Project M is not the only.
Another and less known there is: Melee SD Remix
and oft have I heard it implied that a
more simple SD Remix Dins would benefit
her more, while to her style remain truer.
My acolyte, othesurex, hath in
knowledge progressed, and brings to you that vision

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4eqy90qlxzrd8u4/sd_remix_dins.rar

Last edited:

Downdraft

Smash Ace
hey guys, i don't want to seem like an attention hog but last tuesday I just released a 3.5 build where she has sd remix style dins fire. I finally learned how to tweak it so that there's no returning wisp on dins fire and thus far no one seems to notice. With all the dins fire theory crafting I've heard on these boards, I would have thought that a lot of people would be interested in seeing this. I'm not mad or trying to grab the spotlight, just, well I KNOW most of us would/should be interested in taking a look and having a discussion about it
Guilty. Will all future Triforce of Inspiration builds use the holy priestess graphics? I don't want to give her up.

Sardonyx

星黄泉
You know, I'm wondering what Zelda would be like if she wasn't so floaty. She's 2nd or 3rd floatiest in the game, but middle of the cast weight wise. What would change about her if she wasn't so floaty?

Vitriform

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'm wondering what Zelda would be like if she wasn't so floaty. She's 2nd or 3rd floatiest in the game, but middle of the cast weight wise. What would change about her if she wasn't so floaty?
If they gave her a middling fall speed, she'd get comboed in pretty much the same way that Sheik does. Sheik and Zelda have the same weight, but different fall speeds.

Last edited:

tavarner17

Smash Rookie
For weeks my Triforce has been at work
Bringing to life the vision of my dear
And Faithful acolyte otheusrex

Witness the Holy Priestess now all but
Perfected, with, in addition, the windy
Desire of the White Crow's teleport.
And yet, concerns of overwhelming pow'r
On deafened ears have not befallen; this,
The teleporting hitbox, dealeth but
A modest four unflinching damage, thus
To punish only the most indolent.
And final but not insignificant,
There hides but a little and lone secret!
Methinks that it may long remain unnoticed...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ewahsor9mqaacj8/holypriestessfinal.rar
In this moveset was it purposeful for the tele-burn hitbox to occur when I tele-cancel?

Also, I love these graphics. Very crisp and clear, depicting the hitboxes well, and the trail on the teleport is fantastic for user interface. Can we get a version of your Holy Priestess graphics set with stock teleport hitboxes, so no windbox on the trail and no hitbox on telecancel? Were there any other functionality changes?

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what sock teleport hitboxes mean. No, other than the damage passing thorugh someone during teleport does, everything is the same.

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
By stock I meant unmodified from the base version of 3.5, so a teleport with no damage on the pass through. Thanks for all the work, this project is really cool!
The damage dealt mid teleport is byproduct of my silly suggestion to make it do damage. The holy priestess build looks amazing Elf, in case you didn't already know. I will try out the SD remix build this weekend. I have Fight or Flight 3 tomorrow and so help me I will do better than 2/2 like I've been doing. At least I know I'll be able to commentate.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
By stock I meant unmodified from the base version of 3.5, so a teleport with no damage on the pass through. Thanks for all the work, this project is really cool!
my pleasure! I just want people to participate and get involved, that's all!

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Guilty. Will all future Triforce of Inspiration builds use the holy priestess graphics? I don't want to give her up.
I asked this question to know whether or not I should download future builds aside from Holy Priestess implementations in future versions of PM. I think I'll just commit my WiFi set SD card to the Holy Priestess with stock Farore's and use my Triforce of Inspiration SD card to test your weekly builds.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I cna make holy priestess the standard for future builds... but I'm still not sure if all the gfx are exactly how I would want them if they were official. I've heard some negative feedback about them that I can't discredit, but not a lot of constructive criticism so it's hard to know what exactly those people's issues with the gfx are.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I cna make holy priestess the standard for future builds... but I'm still not sure if all the gfx are exactly how I would want them if they were official. I've heard some negative feedback about them that I can't discredit, but not a lot of constructive criticism so it's hard to know what exactly those people's issues with the gfx are.
Negative feedback without constructive criticism? Sounds like haters.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
So I finally got some free time to test these builds and :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SD Remix Din's are really cool, but definitely OP in their current state with the current Zelda. I'm majorly impressed that you were able to figure out how to make them, @ otheusrex otheusrex ! I remember that working with Din's was a "code" you had trouble cracking! Right now, they're combo starters, combo continuers, and killers...so basically Shine.

Holy Priestess, Batman! I *love* the Holy Priestess build. It's absolutely gorgeous, and I actually want a "tourney legal" build of it without the damage on teleport or the gfx that follow you when you teleport. That was all that was changed, right? Everything else was just aesthetic?

And for those of you looking for the hidden easter egg...stop looking for it, and let it come to you ;)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
So...I'm finally getting to try out the Triforce of Inspiration builds super late (got my Wii a week ago~), and I've been having a hard time keeping track of exactly what is included in each build lol. Would it be possible to make a list of each build in the OP, with a short changelog for each? Or links to the relative posts for each build release (again with a short summary/changelog of some sort)?

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Today we see the
Thoughts one San Xalvador
Jab, Nayrus, and falls

The most drastic change,
A short, quasi-projectile
Instead of Nayrus

A straight-forward buff,
With a tweaked animation,
Jab is frame seven

Lastly, a mixed bag,
A slightly faster fall speed,
Not so strange at all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn875v88rs967yo/san's_jab_and_projectile_nayru.rar

Hey guys, thanks again for coming to the Goddess's temple! Hope I'm doing an ok of leading this services. I want to maybe start sharing some of my initial impressions of how I did on these tasks. This week, I didn't have enough time to really perfect and make the nayrus projectile exactly what I wanted but this is at least presentable. Making a true new projectile is very difficult and I don't know how to, so I had to settle for simulating it. Originially I had the sparkle shooting out be a windbox that knocked opponents into the final nayru's love, which made it feel more like a projectile, however, it seems a little obnoxious so I remove it and settled for just having a ranged attack that looked like a projectile. Hopefully the Goddess and San will forgive my failings in this regard. I used zss's side b as a rough model of function, though I'm not sure if it ends up being all that useful. Also to note is that I couldn't really remove the reflecting properties of nayrus love so that's a little weird. If I could I would have at least moved the reflection box to where the nayru's graphic appears, but wasn't sure how to.

Jab seems nice, and the faster fall speed is not really as noticeable as I would have thought, save that off stage you have a little less time to teleport back.

finally, I hear you about keeping track of old builds and I'll try to compile an official annal of inspiration sometime soon

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Today we see the
Thoughts one San Xalvador
Jab, Nayrus, and falls

The most drastic change,
A short, quasi-projectile
Instead of Nayrus

A straight-forward buff,
With a tweaked animation,
Jab is frame seven

Lastly, a mixed bag,
A slightly faster fall speed,
Not so strange at all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn875v88rs967yo/san's_jab_and_projectile_nayru.rar

Hey guys, thanks again for coming to the Goddess's temple! Hope I'm doing an ok of leading this services. I want to maybe start sharing some of my initial impressions of how I did on these tasks. This week, I didn't have enough time to really perfect and make the nayrus projectile exactly what I wanted but this is at least presentable. Making a true new projectile is very difficult and I don't know how to, so I had to settle for simulating it. Originially I had the sparkle shooting out be a windbox that knocked opponents into the final nayru's love, which made it feel more like a projectile, however, it seems a little obnoxious so I remove it and settled for just having a ranged attack that looked like a projectile. Hopefully the Goddess and San will forgive my failings in this regard. I used zss's side b as a rough model of function, though I'm not sure if it ends up being all that useful. Also to note is that I couldn't really remove the reflecting properties of nayrus love so that's a little weird. If I could I would have at least moved the reflection box to where the nayru's graphic appears, but wasn't sure how to.

Jab seems nice, and the faster fall speed is not really as noticeable as I would have thought, save that off stage you have a little less time to teleport back.

finally, I hear you about keeping track of old builds and I'll try to compile an official annal of inspiration sometime soon

Oooooh, this'll be fun! Hopefully I'll get to test this soon! I see lots of different changes here, most of which could be pretty big, so I'm excited to try it out!

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
what do you think of it? I kinda of shied away from making it too good, but now I think it's bad
It seems bad. Slow to come out, awkward spacing, and there isn't significant knockback on the end, so you can't get anything out of it. I think it should be a little bit faster, a little bit closer, and send them away like old Nayru's.

If you wanted, you could keep the "reverse" hitbox on the tail end, so that they go "backwards" if they try to SDI through it. That way, if they try to SDI through it, they just get knocked towards you :p

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Prophet! My dream is
A tournament legal build,
Holy Priestess skin

Remove the damage
On Farore's Teleport
And its gleaming shine
I would love to be able to flaunt the Holy Priestess build at tourneys, but I want to make sure that none of the changes affect gameplay. Removing the sparkles that follow her and the damage on teleport are the only things that would need to be removed, right?

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Prophet! My dream is
A tournament legal build,
Holy Priestess skin

Remove the damage
On Farore's Teleport
And its gleaming shine
I would love to be able to flaunt the Holy Priestess build at tourneys, but I want to make sure that none of the changes affect gameplay. Removing the sparkles that follow her and the damage on teleport are the only things that would need to be removed, right?
Yeah, I'll try to make that a priority this week. I want to redo holy priestess build in a way that's less code intensive (as far as space used) but have been putting it off for a while cause it's a lot of work

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
In another thread we discussed replacing Transform with a whole new special move. To see how that would work, this thread is definitely the place, but I'm not sure what move would be fitting for Zelda to have replaced there that is somewhat canon and fits her style. Thoughts? Possibly Light Arrow something?? It could be something more defensive, like a counter (LMAO)

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Alas, much more work needs to be done on light arrows. But as a consolation, I've made a revised version of the Holy Priestess GFX build, this time completely tournament legal, reduced file size, combined with reduced file size OoT models, means you can finally play this build with the OoT texture. I hesitate to say this is the final version of the gfx overhall, but It's definitely another step on the way. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/73zohx9z1ym72a5/Holy_Priestess_revised(2).rar

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
I've heard something interesting been shot around a bit that I'd actually like to see implemented. Granted, the idea itself would require quite a bit of work in theory, so I understand if it wouldn't just be a one week thing, or be possible at all. What if you made a full on Sheilda build, where switching between the characters became a core function of the gameplay, rather than an afterthought. Transform throws might be cool as well. I don't play that much Sheilda myself, but I believe that it would be interesting.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! that sounds awesome and I'd love to make that. I have a very busy few weeks ahead of me now

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Well, here it is..... at last.... Light Arrow Down B

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7adi3c1fh2ft4n/LightArrowdownb.rar

I just want to point out one or two things about the move that i was unable to address but realize make it not perfect. First is that, there is no arrow model, but rather, sparkles indicate the firing and movement of the light arrow. This is because of size limitations in the zelda pac file. Second, this isn't really a projectile so much as an extended hitbox. This is because adding new articles is beyond me. As such, light arrows can't be reflected because if I made them such, there would be no way for me to reverse the movement of the gfx to indicate this. Finally, there were some different opinions on whether the arrows shoudl paralyze or deal heavy knockback, so I made uptaunt toggle the two different functions so people can see both for themselves. Light arrows deal 21 damage aside from their other effects, so to balance this you have to charge up each shot, though during the charging animation you can press the shield buttons to cancel it like you could with samus's charge shot.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Well, here it is..... at last.... Light Arrow Down B

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kmw245a5j95hzjl/LightArrowDownB.rar

I just want to point out one or two things about the move that i was unable to address but realize make it not perfect. First is that, there is no arrow model, but rather, sparkles indicate the firing and movement of the light arrow. This is because of size limitations in the zelda pac file. Second, this isn't really a projectile so much as an extended hitbox. This is because adding new articles is beyond me. As such, light arrows can't be reflected because if I made them such, there would be no way for me to reverse the movement of the gfx to indicate this. Finally, there were some different opinions on whether the arrows shoudl paralyze or deal heavy knockback, so I made uptaunt toggle the two different functions so people can see both for themselves. Light arrows deal 21 damage aside from their other effects, so to balance this you have to charge up each shot, though during the charging animation you can press the shield buttons to cancel it like you could with samus's charge shot.
I've edited a few things in the light arrows. These should be better

Last edited:

WhiteCrow

Smash Journeyman
Some footage of the light arrow and holy priestess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlROpTRefQQ I apologize for how little footage of the light arrow there is, I didn't really understand if I was using it right. More to come as I back track through builds I've had in storage. Now that I can record I plan on showcasing the highlights from all of Elf's builds. I may post some of them on the sub reddit to gauge reactions from the public if the goddess permits. The visible Farore's Wind effect was very well received.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Some footage of the light arrow and holy priestess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlROpTRefQQ I apologize for how little footage of the light arrow there is, I didn't really understand if I was using it right. More to come as I back track through builds I've had in storage. Now that I can record I plan on showcasing the highlights from all of Elf's builds. I may post some of them on the sub reddit to gauge reactions from the public if the goddess permits. The visible Farore's Wind effect was very well received.
I'm thrilled that you're making videos! It saves me time for not having to do it myself. The Temple of Thought greatly appreciates your offering, Whitecrow!

I suppose the Holy Priestess gfx took a few releases to come to a finalized version so I shouldn't feel too bad about light arrows having to do that as well, but currently, I can see a few things I still have to do with them. First, the animations aren't great, though I'm not sure of my ability to really make them as stellar as they should be. Second, Maybe making a B reverse for the move would make it feel a little better. Thirdly, I don't know if you noticed, but you can in fact store the charge and quick fire it later like you'd expect a charge ball too, you just have to press shield while in the holding animation and it will cancel; although, I should add a separate cancel animation/action in the structure of the move so that it won't actually make you shield or air dodge like it currently does. Lastly, after doing everything else with the move I'm afraid I've been a little burned out and hard to envision what an ideal version would look like aesthetically (I'm thinking gfx and sfx wise). I wouldn't mind some suggestions here how this could be better.

Finally, there are a few things I just can't do, at least not unless I realize/learn a different way to go about things. There is the arrow model itself, of course, but just adding the bow to her pac file increases the filesize substantially and there isn't room for both models. I used sparkle gfx to indicate the trail of the attack, but I'm the first to admit that this is just the next best thing rather than a perfect execution I could be proud of.

Last edited:

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
With so many changes to Farore's Wind, can I request the locator / FW GFX build for 3.6? It'd be great if it could be the same as before, with the build being tournament legal while having the uptaunt toggle.

Last edited:

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
It has arrived, the long awaited next
chapter in Project M: 3.6
For this, I have prepared a special update;
Now better than its ever been before,
The Holy Priestess build shall woo and wow
With all the old familiar details back
and new additions and improvements too!
Now go forth to the fires of mediaYe!
And disregard the sacred tenant: 3
For this, the changes are aesthetic only

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e9lrirxfuwbxz11/3.6_holy_priestess.rar

Last edited:

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
With so many changes to Farore's Wind, can I request the locator / FW GFX build for 3.6? It'd be great if it could be the same as before, with the build being tournament legal while having the uptaunt toggle.
This latest gfx build has the wind gfx, the default is off, but you can toggle them on or off quicker in battle now by pressing A (or Z) anytime during the startup of farore's wind but before you go invisible. This was a compromise actually, since I didn't realize you can't put normal commands like a bit toggle on the entry animation. (I know samus can hold a button to start with ice moves, but this apparently uses a different kind of coding)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
> Zelda is floaty and has nice Bairs/Fairs for spacing.
> Jigglypuff is floaty and has nice Bairs/Fairs for spacing.
> ...

Could we please have a vanilla 3.6 Zelda, but with Jigglypuff's air physics? Like...the horizontal momentum, falling speed, etc.? Nbd if changing those affects her other movement options, as this is obviously just for kicks.

Sorry, not sorry jank haters~

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Today we celebrate the thoughts of one
a bit estranged from us: LovinMitts
Ye must remember tenants One and Two:
that it is easy to destroy but hard to

create, and yet that criticism is
but part and parcel in the perfection of

one's thoughts and that, to that, aspire we must
Now seek ye all the fires of media.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mofo32bugxfg7rr/lovinmitts_propsal.rar
Well, just want to say that I tried on this build, but there are a few things that aren't how you asked. I tried to do the no returning dins on shortrange dins, but it didn't work for some reason. So, they return on all the ranges of dins. Unless I'm forgetting soemthing, I think the rest should be more or less how you asked for it to be. Of course, things don't always end up working the way you intend for them when coming up with an idea, but that will be up to you and everyone else to judge. Enjoy!

Top Bottom