• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tri-weeklies at DML Apartment! NEXT-August 22nd!(Southaven, MS)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Now holding Tri-weeklies at DML's apartment!

If you travel far to get here I'll help you pay for gas monies!!!

If freakin Gvice can make a 6 hour-ish trip to come, then no travel johns will be acceptable!

We will be having Melee Singles/Doubles as the main event, followed by another side tournament of another game to be named beforehand. The extra tourny could be anything from Starcraft to Gears of War, just anything at all. If there's enough interest in a game, it can happen basically. Just let the interest be known.

Anyone is free to come the day before to stay the night and stay the night after if they want. We will only have floor space though...so bring sleeping bags etc if you wanna stay.

If you want to play something other than melee, like Brawl or anything, just say so/bring it, cause we'll play just about anything =o

If anyone is able to bring anything like TVs, Cubes, Wii's, PC's, ethernet cords, power strips, anything at all, please do.

While you're here, please be respectful to our apartment cause we(and by we I mean I) don't want to clean up a huge mess after every tourny =x

Address: 5155 Lake Ridge Dr. Apartment 3 Room #3B
Southaven MS, 38671

My Cell#- 901-351-8310

If you need any help getting here just give me a call.

Melee ruleset-

Entry fee- 5$ for singles/10$ per team for doubles

1st- 50%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 15%
4th- 5%

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

No wobbling prz

Stage bans- Each player/team can choose to ban one stage that can not be played throughout the entire set.

Restart Rule- On the first random of a set, each player/team can choose to restart one time to re-random. The stage that was reset cannot be randomed again.

Dave's Stupid Rule- A stage that has been won on cannot be picked again by the player who won on it. It may still be countered by the losing player.

Order for counterpicks

1. Loser of previous match picks stage to play
2. Winner of previous match picks character
3. Loser picks character

Tournament will be starting at 12:30PM sharp. That means be here or risk not being in the tourny. If you're gonna run a little late let me know or I'll assume that you're simply not coming.

Whenever doubles are over singles will begin an hour afterwards, that gives everyone plenty of time to go get food or to do whatever.

Speaking of food. I talked to my manager at Papa John's and he said it would be okay for me to use my 50% off for anyone who wants it, so if you want amazing pizza lemme know.

When Melee is over, the side tourny will begin soon as it can be started.

any other input is appreciated so lemme know if there's something you think I should do, other games for side tournies, anything at all.

December 27th Results(sorta)

1st- Chad
2nd- Iori
3rd- IHSB
4th- Moogle

Everyone else eliminated in the one pool of 11. I lost the bracket and the pool sheet though so I can't post them. poop.

January 31st Results

1st- Chad
2nd- Iori
3rd- NES Noob
4th- IHSB
5th- Kyo
5th- Nite
7th- Chamberlin
7th- Gvice
9th- Shai
9th- Matthew(aka Wolfeye)
9th- Myztek
9th- Ichigo
13th- Jess
13th- Zero
13th- Handorin
13th- Roxas

Cyner, Sandbox, and Hyperdragon eliminated in pools.

Fizz had to leave early and Cyner left shortly after so I let Roxas take Fizz's place in brackets.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'd just like to point out that we personally have 4 possible setups, and the main living room can fit at least 7 or 8 (though it's kinda cramped with that many). Also I can fit one easily, maybe two in my room, one could go in the kitchen, and maybe even one or two in Iori and Chad's rooms if they're cool with that (mine's designed for people being in it, theirs would need a little work first).

Vts

Smash Champion
o ****!! o ****!!!

o ****!!!! lol

and one more O ****!!!!!!

imo should make it like every 3 weeks to make it easier for Arkansas to come cus bi-weeklies idk if we could come every 2 weeks maybe every other.

i can bring a set up and people.

2h30m drive for tournament doesn't sound bad.

yeah Arkansas is dead so may stop hosting tournaments and give up my blue name.

Edit- should also say bring money for cheap pizza and some drinks.

Edit 2- Ride list! i can fit 5 people in my car i can pick up people in Memphis/TN and Little Rock/AR area.
Should bring my Virtual On an host tournament for that

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
My schedule could be difficult next semester (five 4000 level math classes, yay hooray!) but I'll make all of these that I can. I should at the least be able to make it to every other biweekly or so, maybe more (or less) depending on my professors.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
o ****!! o ****!!!

o ****!!!! lol

and one more O ****!!!!!!

imo should make it like every 3 weeks to make it easier for Arkansas to come cus bi-weeklies idk if we could come every 2 weeks maybe every other.

i can bring a set up and people.

2h30m drive for tournament doesn't sound bad.

yeah Arkansas is dead so may stop hosting tournaments and give up my blue name.

Edit- should also say bring money for cheap pizza and some drinks.

Edit 2- Ride list! i can fit 5 people in my car i can pick up people in Memphis/TN and Little Rock/AR area.
Should bring my Virtual On an host tournament for that
The drinks were a steal and were free so T_T make a list so I can get kinds people want

PRIZE OPTIONS
A CAKE
A PIZZA
AN AUTOGRAPH FROM IORI
ONE NIGHT WITH SLEEPY K

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I definitely think bi weekly will do it. After Jan 1st I'll be in Memphis permanent like so I'll see you guys around then.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Anyway, I want to see how much interest there will be in this. So far I've talked to Roxas, Zero, and Handy and they siad they'd all be down for Sat. Anyone else's input is appreciated =O
Here's my thoughts

• My interest has been expressed
  • Saturday is the best time
  • I hope the entry fee is cheap(no more than $10 or possible freeweeklies)
  • Will you guys be raising money to put on a bigger tourny?
  • 4v4 Starcraft sounds awesome! We'll need to split up the people that are really good though lol.
  • I'll bring my computer(and a longer LAN cable) if we're gonna play PC games
  • DDR is cool too, but I dun wanna get too sweaty
  • I wanna see who'll win in tournies if there's Iori, Chad, Nite, Spaceballs, and NESNoob competing. Sounds exciting.
  • I <3 you guys for considering this.

Handorin

Smash Hero
/subscribe

I can bring wii/smash and a crappy TV (so my parents say. Apparently something is wrong with it).

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
you guys are so sexy. I would def be up the the possible four hour drive with JMOAN. especially since gas costs like 5 cents per gallon.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Please have one of these over the next couple of weeks while I am visiting in Birmingham.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Why not? You're not that bad, and you stand a better chance than I do. As I recall, you took Iori's pennies.

@Dogysamich - Vesperia/Estellise FTW. I love that sig/avatar
n00b constantly talks down on himself but he knows he's good. He's approximately at the skill level of the other DML kids these days I think. They're all really good though and are always 3-stocking me so it's hard to tell. **** is **** is ****.

Vts

Smash Champion
n00b constantly talks down on himself but he knows he's good. He's approximately at the skill level of the other DML kids these days I think. They're all really good though and are always 3-stocking me so it's hard to tell. **** is **** is ****.
yeah i worry about him sometimes since well he has been playing little longer than me but is like 5x better.

i worry cus i hope he never stops getting better love seeing people i know go far in tournaments

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Official theme song of these biweeklies:
I **** right in my pants, everytime NES n00b knees me.
And when Chad tailspikes my ***, that's like having sex to me.
Iori's plays Mewtwo, but that's 'cause he's on ecstacy.
I superwavedash at all times, it is a necessity.
CAUSE I ****
IN
MY PANTS

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
Anyone play UMK3? If so, we could get a tourney of that going as well possibly.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I dun think you've played Vesperia my friend. My roommates have played the other Tales games, and I tried to play the others and got bored. Vesperia = top Tear... er I um mean tier.

@Doggy - "Yeah, all right! You're getting pretty good."

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why not? You're not that bad, and you stand a better chance than I do. As I recall, you took Iori's pennies.

@Dogysamich - Vesperia/Estellise FTW. I love that sig/avatar
I did that one time, but then he did it right back. :( lol I just know I won't get first.

yeah i worry about him sometimes since well he has been playing little longer than me but is like 5x better.

i worry cus i hope he never stops getting better love seeing people i know go far in tournaments
SOMEONE CARES. =D Much love.

I do, but you people's compliments make it harder to do that. But I will always try as long as I have n00b in my name.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Back from work =x

Glad to see so much response alluva sudden =o

@vts- Tri-weeklies sounds like an okay idea, if it would allow more people to come more frequently than say once every 2 bi's then I'd be all for it, so people lemme know which you guys would prefer.

Myz might have us a better place to have these than our apartment so we're looking into that as well. If we can secure this then fundraising for a bigger tourny sounds do-able, but we'll have wait and see.

@Dogy- Estelle pisses me off >_> Her tactics setup
-Stay the hell away from enemies
-Heal only
-Run away at 75% or below HP
-Do useful things
-Stop being stupid

What does she do everytime?

She runs right up to the enemies, gets owned, begins casting a heal spell right next to said enemy, and then the worst part of all happens. "Someone protect me while I'm casting!!" "***** QUIT BEING SO ****ING STUPID!"

Anyway back on topic.

I want to start these somewhat soon...I'm currently thinking near the end of December/early January. Looking at the calendar the last Saturday in December is the 27th and the first Sat in Jan is the 5th. If I hear back from Myz soon about the other place we may get I can set more things in stone but till then I can't say anything for sure yet.

Also any kind of suggestions from anyone is helpful =o

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Anyway back on topic.

I want to start these somewhat soon...I'm currently thinking near the end of December/early January. Looking at the calendar the last Saturday in December is the 27th and the first Sat in Jan is the 5th. If I hear back from Myz soon about the other place we may get I can set more things in stone but till then I can't say anything for sure yet.

Also any kind of suggestions from anyone is helpful =o
You should have it on the 27th.

I am planning on taking a roadtrip with Coach and Moogle on the 30th up to Toronto, which will be the end of my visit to the South. I will do what I can to make sure I can make it to the event on that day.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
You should have it on the 27th.

I am planning on taking a roadtrip with Coach and Moogle on the 30th up to Toronto, which will be the end of my visit to the South. I will do what I can to make sure I can make it to the event on that day.
Ahh man. Too bad I wouldn't be able to make it (MOST LIKELY). Hopefully this happens anyways for you Mslano. ;)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Heh, this sounds beasty. I'm getting a car soon, and I definitely wanna kick it with you guys. VTS you think if I could get to your place I could carpool with you? Playing you guys would be legendary <3

-Chad-

Slackerator
slanoooooo- I'll see about the 27th, but still nothing is for sure yet. I'll post a date soon though, I mostly just need to see about Myz's place he may be able to get us.

gvice- Man I haven't seen you guys in forever, it'd be awesome to hang with you guys again.

Vts

Smash Champion
Heh, this sounds beasty. I'm getting a car soon, and I definitely wanna kick it with you guys. VTS you think if I could get to your place I could carpool with you? Playing you guys would be legendary <3
you know it, but don't break my ping pong table....again.....still haven't gotten it fixed lol

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzomg Starcraft. lets play. I want to play. Starcraft please. I will solo this drive if we play starcraft. shoot i might just solo it anyway. So i can get some DML sexy time

G. Vice

Smash Lord
@VTS -you make me feel guilty enough that I only want to 2 stock you instead of 3 stock ><
hehe i'm jkin dude. I felt really bad about it, but I call johns on account there was other stuff on it too o.o

@ chad- yeah dude I been wanting to kick it with you guys for the longest, but the saddest part about these Biweeklies for melee is that my whole crew save me and Eradicator, and a new member we added, don't play melee anymore. Shogun is strictly soul calibur and brawl now. So if anyone made it more than likely it'd just be me and maybe Erad

@iori- I still have dreams about you. I will try not to keep you waiting

Top Bottom