• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Travis Presents: Not Very Effective - Sykesville, MD - June 22nd - MELEE ONLY

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Not Very Effective

The Gaame Playe Venue will be running biweeklies in addition to the Critical Hit series. For this first tournament, we will be having MELEE ONLY. I wanna see a decent turnout. Most likely the next biweekly will be brawl.

Date
June 22nd, 2008

Place
Gaame Playe
6400 Ridge Road
Sykesville, MD 21784
410-549-0750
410-925-1938

You'll see a big K-mart. Park around the back of the "mall" for ideal parking. The front doors close at 9 pm, so you would have to walk around the entire building to get there.

Price
$8 Venue Fee
$10 Singles Entry
$20 Team Entry (10 a person, 20 a team)

Payouts
1st - 60% of the pot
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Payouts will vary depending on the number of entrants.

Schedule
9 am - Doors Open
10 am - Registration
11 am - Teams
4 pm - Singles

If you are not at the venue by eleven, you cannot enter teams. I fully understand if you are reasonably late, but you MUST call prior, and you will be entered. You must tell me your name, estimated time of arrival, and any other persons that are entering you are with. (Saying you are with 2 people isn't acceptable.)

Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 4 Stock
-- 8 Minute Time Limit
-- Double Elimination (Unless entrants exceed 64, in which we will do pools to bracket)
-- Ties Broken by lives, then percentage
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned. Judges (me) will determine the appropriate action.
-- 6 Neutrals: Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
-- 8 Counterpick Stages: Brinstar, Corneria, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle 64, Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds
-- All other calls/disputes will be settled by me

Please bring copies of Melee.

Melee List (5)
Gaame Playe (4)
Chinesah (1)

VIP Status is separate from the Critical Hit list.

Khronox

Smash Rookie
****, wish I could play Melee. If you guys need any help, I don't mind bringing anything or helping out if needed.

Scar

#HarveyDent
GOOD **** TRAVIS, WAY TO STEP IT UP <33333333333333333

G-Reg, I want Falcon dittos on demand.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm also curious how big this is gonna be. I plan on coming, and I can bring a cube/melee if it reduces the venue fee some.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i mean quite honestly its looking to be around 20 to 30, but i hope for more.

@ jceasar all i need is a copy of melee. I'm sorry, but no reduction. =/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
i mean quite honestly its looking to be around 20 to 30, but i hope for more.

@ jceasar all i need is a copy of melee. I'm sorry, but no reduction. =/
Eh probably not gonna come to this then. I agree melee is a better game, but this is kind of expensive for what it is and I only have so much cash to spend on smash, and right now the brawl tournament scene is bigger and more interesting. Plus I gotta save up for that monstrous entrance fee at the next crit hit;)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Eh probably not gonna come to this then. I agree melee is a better game, but this is kind of expensive for what it is and I only have so much cash to spend on smash, and right now the brawl tournament scene is bigger and more interesting. Plus I gotta save up for that monstrous entrance fee at the next crit hit;)
between this and multiple other threads, i've come to the conclusion that you ***** entirely too much and i'm going to lump you into the large # of ROB players that i don't like. it's like..something about the character just appeals to stupid personalities. (overswarm, voodoo, chz1) and you're beginning to fit into that :D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
between this and multiple other threads, i've come to the conclusion that you ***** entirely too much and i'm going to lump you into the large # of ROB players that i don't like. it's like..something about the character just appeals to stupid personalities. (overswarm, voodoo, chz1) and you're beginning to fit into that :D
Did I personally wrong you in some way? What do you care?

HAT

Smash Ace
JCaesar, it doesn't mean **** that you work for nasa. you're ****ing worthless, you know it, and the only reason you'd actually be offended by a random ****ing person on a forum is because you're insecure about your uselessness.

please don't come to this tournament.

<3

--more attendants please-

Top Bottom