• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TransCanada Tournament ~ EC vs WC June 30th - Largest Tournament in CDN history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C 3

Smash Ace
I'd love to see you pull him out in a tournament match again, best of luck to you Vwins. Also, are we doing low tiers and ssb along with singles, doubles, etc.?

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doing Singles and doubles with Crews, I will not be doing a ssb64 tournament.

If someone else wants to organize that, they may, but I don't want to be organizing a billion stuff as it is.

C 3

Smash Ace
Is it right to assume that placing high in this tournament will automatically effect the PR? If so, how would that work, considering we're going to have people from the US in this?

NB$

Smash Cadet
HOLY CRAP EC VS WC.... i need to make this **** hope im not doing anything on that day... :p i will probably only be there for friendlies.. thats how cheap i am.

Damax

Smash Lord
Is it right to assume that placing high in this tournament will automatically effect the PR? If so, how would that work, considering we're going to have people from the US in this?
don't worry, if you've got to get noticed you will. However USA peeps aren't from EC Canada and can't be on the EC Canada power ranking. NO matter they can still be used to compare future PR players

C 3

Smash Ace
I understand that US people can't be on our PR. I was getting at the fact that if someone on the PR loses in the first round to a US player, and loses to someone else a couple of rounds into the losers bracket, that shouldn't necessarily mean that their ranking should be effected fairly. If they faced someone from Canada instead of the US player in the first round, there's a chance they would have advanced and done better overall.

Damax

Smash Lord
I understand that US people can't be on our PR. I was getting at the fact that if someone on the PR loses in the first round to a US player, and loses to someone else a couple of rounds into the losers bracket, that shouldn't necessarily mean that their ranking should be effected fairly. If they faced someone from Canada instead of the US player in the first round, there's a chance they would have advanced and done better overall.
oh are you getting the hang of the failures of a power ranking? I doubt any newcomer will "surprise us" anyway because so many newcomers ignore what/who's on top. better chance next time. also new comers won't have done as much tournament as the others, less experiences, less stability = less high on it. note that if there's an american player in the loosers he was probably taken down by a) another better american, b) a PR from Canada, c) anyone if the american isn't good. So if its b) you could at least win one out of 2 heh? a) should hardly happen (prolly seeding). Still there's pools, so try and make out of them first then we'll see.

Dice

Smash Lord
Don't worry, us power ranking "panelists" aren't complete stupid :)

And Joel, who is the top in canada at SSB?

Volasko

Smash Ace
If they faced someone from Canada instead of the US player in the first round, there's a chance they would have advanced and done better overall.
Now if that isnt love for Canadian smashers I dont know what is....:dizzy: that is assuming that big name Amuuuricans will want to come all that way for a canadian tourney.

and wtf?? smashboards has been hacked??? refering to this pokeboards crap!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, isn't this a 2 day event? Andy, you'll only be doing singles, doubles, and crews? If we go fast enough, won't be have time to have a 4th event? Iunno, regular crews, low tier...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
ROFL hey maybe some dodgeball?

I'll be the first to Short Hop Throw a dodgeball at FalseFalco's face.

4Stock'd.

>_> guise? feedbak?

Volasko, if you do decide to come to TransCanada I'll MM your Marth $5 with my Peach and $2 with my Sheik.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Wait, isn't this a 2 day event? Andy, you'll only be doing singles, doubles, and crews? If we go fast enough, won't be have time to have a 4th event? Iunno, regular crews, low tier...
I don't think we gonna have time for a 4th event. we only have 10 hours per days so if we have at least 100 players at this tournament maybe we will be running out of time.

Damax

Smash Lord
I hope JIH can make a gosu montage but if it happens, FRENCH WILL RULES IT ALL XD lolll so maybe we can add a translated text at the bottom but some jokes won't be as funny.

me: Voir yon laisse un kado
bamme: Tayeule
me: lol voir quy on laisser une montre la son trop debile
bamme: taayeeule loll c ma montre
me: lol what the **** ta été ****ing fast aller au fond dla room pis la déposer.

Vwin: K bin moi jva aller dormir dans les toilets

Bamme: Eye quelqu'un a pris mon verre *unpacking another one sound*

Jih

Smash Journeyman
A montage of this tournament would also be really sweet. We need camcorders -.-
if i go to this, i'll do one... last ****ing video i need to do for the last tourny

I hope JIH can make a gosu montage but if it happens, FRENCH WILL RULES IT ALL XD lolll so maybe we can add a translated text at the bottom but some jokes won't be as funny.

me: Voir yon laisse un kado
bamme: Tayeule
me: lol voir quy on laisser une montre la son trop debile
bamme: taayeeule loll c ma montre
me: lol what the **** ta été ****ing fast aller au fond dla room pis la déposer.

Vwin: K bin moi jva aller dormir dans les toilets

Bamme: Eye quelqu'un a pris mon verre *unpacking another one sound*
lol good times

since i don't really post anymore... reggie if you ever read this, we need to settle something with bam and get high ... like soon

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Lanowen so your statement means you probably won't upload those videos of me? >_>

I am still a maybe. I grow hopeful with each passing day.

My new addiction is speed-running Hell in Cave Story I am at 4:31.9 right now = o

mathos

Smash Champion
CoK is thinking about going to this, but we don't know if we have to have passports or any requirements for crossing the border?

I'm assuming you Canadians would know seeing that you have ventured to FC.

Damax

Smash Lord
CoK is thinking about going to this, but we don't know if we have to have passports or any requirements for crossing the border?

I'm assuming you Canadians would know seeing that you have ventured to FC.
You'll prolly need only indentity cards, however if you take a plane it requires a passport anytime nowadays

By car Identity cards should do, unless the law is passed, I can't recall when the USAs planed to get it in place. I know someday soon we'll need passport to cross the borders by car.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
We recently passed the border and we didn't need a passport. I brought my birth certificate and they let me go through. And don't worry, getting into Canada is easy. You could have a machine gun in your hand and they'd let you through anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom