• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tracks Missing from the OST(Roy & Mewtwo victory theme)

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone else confirm all of this, though? The Japanese using "2" to shorten English words seems a bit fishy to me. :/

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Do we know if the data of these files still exists like the others that've been ripped yet?

celebi23

Smash Cadet
snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN (Battle with Masked Man from MOTHER 3)
snd_bgm_K03_EIGHTMELODIES (Eight Melodies from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K04_SMILEANDTEARS (Smiles and Tears from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K06_BECAUSE (Because I Love You from EarthBound)
:(

Sakurai!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

DMan304

Smash Rookie
The MGS theme was in after all.

It makes me feel better to know that at least they tried to get it in.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Battle with the Older Brother"????

I searched through the soundtrack list of MOTHER 3 and couldn't find this song, what is it???
It's the theme where
Lucas fights his older brother, Claus (aka the Masked Man, who is Porkey's [Piggy's] right hand man), in the final battle of MOTHER 3.
It's an EXELLENT SONG, that is one of the best songs of capturing the perfect moment of a video game.

@ SilentDrifterZ
Yes, this whole issue brings up the downloadable content stuff again, TO EXTREMES! Seriously, downloadable content was always a big issue, but now this could be hinting at it as a possibility. Obviously downloadable content is confirmed in Stage Builder's one a day downloads, but added features to it would be incredible. Dixie Kong (my inner DKC2 and 3 + DKL 2 and 3 fan weeps) would have been awsome, Roy (decloned, based off his game) would be cool again, Mewtwo deserves his spot more then most the Brawl roster, and Dr. Mario would be...well...."intresting" if he was decloned. Plusle and Minun..meah.

O, and Zako Fighter is the Fighting Alloy Team Member, right=??? And look at this:

snd_bank_SA_Snake_End_Campbell
snd_bank_SA_Snake_End_Otacon
snd_bank_SA_Snake_End_Mei
snd_bank_SA_Snake_End_Slippy

If Snake has a codec moment with Slippy...I hope he does "A BARREL ROLL!" :laugh:

This list that I'm looking at on the first post (this one) is very intresting. Lots of random stuff NOT IN THE GAMe, and in the game. A lot of SSE stuff, as well. Enemies, scenarie, etc. >_<

Edit: Apparently the MGS2 (MGS) main theme wasn't in because of composer legal stuff, WHICH SUCKS! I would pay money to have that in. That song WOULD BE the best song in Brawl. Or one of them. Since the Airship SMB3 theme PWNS ALL! :cool:

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
The Snake and Slippy codec is for Falco. Yeah, we know about it. It looks funny, but so do all of them. :)
And yes, the Fighting Zakos are the Fighting Alloys.
I hope this stuff is DLC. especially Mewtwo and the missing songs. They cut the Ballad of the Windfish. And maybe "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms"! And all those Mother songs! :(:(

celebi23

Smash Cadet
at the very beginning of the "smashbros_sound.brsar" file, it has the file format "RSAR" mentioned. Not sure if this will help at all, thought I'd mention it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The Snake and Slippy codec is for Falco. Yeah, we know about it. It looks funny, but so do all of them. :)
And yes, the Fighting Zakos are the Fighting Alloys.
I hope this stuff is DLC. especially Mewtwo and the missing songs. They cut the Ballad of the Windfish. And maybe "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms"! And all those Mother songs! :(:(
Ya, the more songs, the better. I downloadded like 350 songs, and I'm still missing like at least 20 or so! o_O As if this game doesn't have enough music, like 20 songs were cut. It'd be nice if we found out how to hack into the game, and have the MGS(2) main theme play regualarly. That'd be TOO EPIC!

And thanks for the link Silver777! TOO FUNNY! :laugh:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Acccccccckkkkkkkk... >_< Stop giving me more hope for Roy... D: I know I'm just gonna be let down...

wing zrow

Smash Lord
i knew mewtwo had to be in at one point, i guess we had enough pokemon as it is but i like him over lucario. Guess they had to cater to the new pokemaniacs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's something I'm not understanding. Assuming that there will be no form of an expansion pack, why would they scrap all this stuff? I can understand about a handful of stuff, but this is ridiculous.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
According to anthadd over at Starmen.net, "Oniisan" was also the name of the Hippyists in MOTHER / EB Zero (NES). anthadd also posted this list:

K01 - MOTHER - Snowman
K02 - MOTHER - Sentou-Oniisan (Hippie battle music)
K03 - MOTHER - Eight Melodies
K04 - EarthBound / MOTHER 2 - Smiles and Tears

K05 - EarthBound / MOTHER 2 - Humoresque of a Little Dog (Shop remix)
K06 - EarthBound / MOTHER 2 - Because I Love You
K07 - MOTHER 3 - Porky's Theme
K08 - MOTHER 3 - Love Theme
K09 - MOTHER 3 - Smashing Song of Praise
K10 - MOTHER 3 - New Pork City

Makes all the music fit quite well, including missing tracks, don't you think?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Here's something I'm not understanding. Assuming that there will be no form of an expansion pack, why would they scrap all this stuff? I can understand about a handful of stuff, but this is ridiculous.
Because they wanted to release Brawl on time and not have to delay it one or two times.

Oh wait...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just junk data like some of the stuff in Melee was.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just junk data like some of the stuff in Melee was.
I guess, but why have so much junk data? It's like hiding a murder in the worse possible manner.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All there was in Melee was a bunch of stages. Like a Fire Emblem stage that was inoperable, Infinite Glacier with no music, and I think it scrolled slower, a huge like Zelda II dugeon-esk level with some effects that looked pre-cel-shaded look (before they cel-shaded stuff, they put special patterns on it), a stage called DUMMY, a "bar" from Animal Crossing, and so forth.

We never had characters in this, before. Not playable ones, at least. Or really much, if any music.

Colaya, I'll give you the same advice I gave some Ness fans back with the "up until now" tabackle. Have NO HOPE of Roy EVER being in Brawl. But if he's in, you are THAT much more excited. ;) SO ya, just have NO hopes for Roy in Brawl! (and that's coming from a major Roy fan, too).

As for Mewtwo not in the game, I have 4 theories:

1. Sakurai wanted to give him a more psychic based moveset, but couldn't focus that much on Mewtwo.

2. Sakurai felt he was "too old", yet ironically kept Jigglypuff.

3. Sakurai had to cut someone, and cut Mewtwo.

4. Sakurai knows a lot of us are Melee tier whores (I'm not, despite maining Fox, I play Roy, Ness, and Link; tires don exits, b****es! :laugh:), and cut him for that reason alone.

Ironic that the two lowest tiers, and yet all the five top tiers returned. Mewtwo hasn't been a major character in a game since 2004. That's fairly recent. Pichu since 2001. Sheik hasn't had a major roll EVER! She played a minor roll in a game that's over 9 years old. Falco is a major character in a very minor franchise, that had one game sell good.

Now if that's not ironic, I don't know what is. I don't think the last one is true, but I think Sakurai definitely plays favorites (Star Fox getting more reps then Metroid when it hasn't had a game sell over 500,000 copies since 1996, while every Metroid game except Pinball and Prime 3 [which is very new and fresh] has outsold that). Overally I think Mewtwo was suppose to be COMPLETELY reworked much more so then Bowser, and got overly focused on, and was cut latter on, due to compliactions of creating a psychic based moveset.

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
According to anthadd over at Starmen.net, "Oniisan" was also the name of the Hippyists in MOTHER / EB Zero (NES). anthadd also posted this list:

K01 - MOTHER - Snowman

Anthadd asked that this be relayed:

Anthadd on starmen.net: said:
The list that Aeris posted was my speculation on the games with which the MOTHER songs were associated. It is not definitive, official, or in any way anything other than guesses.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Mushroom Forest? Thats a no brainer.. lol its the "Geno's Woods song" Beware the forest mushrooms. Its pretty ovious Geno was gona be in brawl this is just further proving it.

S2

Smash Lord
Is there any way those sounds can get played?

I don't really know much about the current hacking of the disc beyond what's posted here.

Anyway, not keeping my hopes up. Although I'd love to see an expansion that puts M2 back in.

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
i wonder if their music was in, i wonder if there character designs were in as well just cut and put into a junk file. that would be so sweet if they forgot to take out the character designs and we could hack them back into brawl. (but i seriuosly doubt it). they had forest maze to y wouldnt they just put it in even if they didnt put geno, its an asome song that everyone who played rpg remembers. i havent played the game in years and i still remember it.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
snd_bgm_S01_MAINTHEME (MGS Main Theme...no doubt taken out of the main game because of the composition controversy)
What controversy? That was my favorite Metal Gear song...

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised they kept so much of this stuff on the disc. Did this ever happen for Melee? If they really are taken out, wouldn't they just take the files out too? What's the point in leaving them other than to have a kick at the rippers or other possibilities that involve three letters, which I highly doubt will become a viable option.

Dave08

Smash Rookie

K01 - MOTHER - Snowman

Hippie battle music was the one mothermusic, I was looking forward to hear in batle.

SAKURAI, DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT NOW!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mushroom Forest? Thats a no brainer.. lol its the "Geno's Woods song" Beware the forest mushrooms. Its pretty ovious Geno was gona be in brawl this is just further proving it.
Geno's Woods (or rather, Forest Maze) would be sweet. Even if Geno wasn't in, I'd love the song.

And downloadable content or GTFO! Make more stuff online, make create a event match (Sonic Racing FTW!), and give me more veteran stages, musical pieces, and CHARACTERS1!1!1! :laugh:

espio87

Smash Ace
sorry to dissapoint you, but it could also be the Mushroom Forest from Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.
but why was all this music cut from the final product? I just don't get, they even made the disc dual-layered. hope this stuff get in as downloable content

Revven

FrankerZ
Too much Sonic music with lyrics already, IMO. Classic Sonic is where it's at.
Sonic Boom & You Can Do Anything are both classic Sonic songs. They come from Sonic CD, where You Can Do Anything was the Japanese vocal version of Sonic Boom. It's as early classic as you can get with vocal music save Sonic R.

They should've arranged Green Hill Zone though... :ohwell:

IMO, this stuff was cut for the same reasons Melee's stuff was cut. They didn't want to delay the game AGAIN for everyone because they knew we were getting sick of it. I doubt that we'll get this stuff at all because of two fairly obvious reasons.

1) No AR for Wii and probably never will be.

2) Nintendo won't make it happen through downloadable content because they're too afraid to do something like that that's untested. Maybe because of that one Pokemon Diamond and Pearl update was a test (they updated the snow graphics in the snowy region, in case nobody heard). Who knows... I just doubt Nintendo would drastically change their ideals just for Brawl.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Yes, but "2" for two/too/to tends to be a fairly American thing. The list just seems off to me. Has anyone else been able to extract this list?
Yep, I have and it's real.

Top Bottom