• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tracks Missing from the OST(Roy & Mewtwo victory theme)

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
sorry to dissapoint you, but it could also be the Mushroom Forest from Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.
but why was all this music cut from the final product? I just don't get, they even made the disc dual-layered. hope this stuff get in as downloable content

YES THINO. GET THE MUSIC WORKING!! :D

Oh, and hopefully since the US version was delayed, we'll get some of those songs maybe?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I must say that this is like Banjo Kazooie/Tooie with Stop N Swop again.

Only this time, we're actually finding stuff. lol

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It would be interesting if someone could get them working. It seems odd that Metaknight was the only character who got his own unique victory theme from the rest of his series, and now it turns out quite a few other characters had this feature going for them. I'd love to hear the remixed version of the victory tune...if only NoA would get them working for our relase... (Funny how almost every character got one except Wolf)

As far as the other music goes, Mushroom Forest is indeed a puzzler. I must remind you all though, that even if it turns out to be THAT Mushroom Forest, it doesn't really prove Geno was intended one way or another. Remember Itadaki Street DS? MGS main theme, would have been good. SF Command also had some good music. Most of the other stuff I'm unsure about, and would need to hear it.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure this is the only recent development that I've seen that I'm actually interested in. The whole "omg characreterz!!10" thing has passed now, but the possible inclusion of this new soundtrack could be amazing.

If anyone could possibly get this running, there might be some more answers.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I just want to say that the tracklist is just a list of variables and pointers. Pointers point to certain points in the memory, in this case where the music itself is. It's like the playlist in Winamp. The reason why there's a victory theme entry for every character is because they all point to the same song. Multiple pointers can point to the same entry in the memory. I bet that in this case, if there's no song with the name ?## (? = letter, # = number), it takes the file with a previous number / letter, or completely ignores the entry.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
snd_bgm_C06_KAZENOSAKANA (Ballad of the Windfish)
snd_bgm_J01_STAGECHANGE (No idea...maybe BGM for when Castle Siege changes forms?)
snd_bgm_J05_ERABARESHI (Erabareshimono = "The Chosen One(s)")
snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN (Battle with Masked Man from MOTHER 3)
snd_bgm_K03_EIGHTMELODIES (Eight Melodies from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K04_SMILEANDTEARS (Smiles and Tears from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_K06_BECAUSE (Because I Love You from EarthBound)
snd_bgm_N04_RADIOTAISO ("Radio Taisou" = Radio Exercises)
snd_bgm_Q03_SPORTSMEDLEY (Soccer / Baseball / etc. on the NES, probably)
snd_bgm_S09_BEATMANIA (MGS music from Beatmania?)
snd_bgm_U05_UCANDO ("You Can Do Anything")
snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2 (Mewtwo's Victory Theme)
snd_bgm_Z39_FROY (Roy's Victory Theme)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm pretty sure this is the only recent development that I've seen that I'm actually interested in. The whole "omg characreterz!!10" thing has passed now, but the possible inclusion of this new soundtrack could be amazing.

If anyone could possibly get this running, there might be some more answers.
Ya, I think we really want to see this stuff, and if it works. That is DEFINITELY something all of want to see, and could definitely give us a lot of answers...and maybe more questions. :urg:

And tirkaro, that was all of our's reaction, basically. :urg: No Mewtwo makes us all sad puppies, and seeing Roy decloned and actuall based of his game (Sword of the Seals; great game!) would have been great.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I just want to say that the tracklist is just a list of variables and pointers. Pointers point to certain points in the memory, in this case where the music itself is. It's like the playlist in Winamp. The reason why there's a victory theme entry for every character is because they all point to the same song. Multiple pointers can point to the same entry in the memory. I bet that in this case, if there's no song with the name ?## (? = letter, # = number), it takes the file with a previous number / letter, or completely ignores the entry.
Oh, this makes me sad. Individual victory themes would have been great... So is it very possible that none of these listed tracks are actually still in the game? :(

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
ROY?! :(

He was that close to making it back? :urg: but he didn't...? T_T

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Isn't there a second layer that has yet to be cracked, maybe there's more music and character data on there, maybe we really will have downloadable characters, I've always kind of doubted it, I just hop it's not a Nintendo event type thing like Pokemon.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Isn't there a second layer that has yet to be cracked, maybe there's more music and character data on there, maybe we really will have downloadable characters, I've always kind of doubted it, I just hop it's not a Nintendo event type thing like Pokemon.
Nope.. I already have the double-layered version and there are just movies on the 2nd layer.
Yea.. they take quite a lot of space.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Xane?? You've seen BOTH layers? ... What about the rest of the item files? ... I've seen the Sound effects for them, but what about the actual item files?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
it's weird that they would leave so much extra coding behind it's a shame they seemed pretty perpeared to have mewtwo and roy back in it i wonder why they didn't make it.

espio87

Smash Ace
it's weird that they would leave so much extra coding behind it's a shame they seemed pretty perpeared to have mewtwo and roy back in it i wonder why they didn't make it.
what's more intriguing is why didn't they cover their tracks and erase all the junk data.
unless...they left it on purpose. think about it: how does the installation of a patch or addon work on a pc game? the program upgrades the files installed. but we are talking about a game that doesn't install on the system, but rather it executes itself from the disc. a patch would be impossible since those discs are sealed from further recording. but what would happen if the coding a patch is supposed to install is already in the game but not the added files? It's just a theory, ok, and I don't want to give you false hopes. but it's worth considering it. let's take a practical and easy to understand example:
when the game starts, a coding is started. that coding looks for mario's textures, if the program finds it, the textures are loaded, if it doesn't find them the game, most probably, crashes.
now here's my part of the theory: when the game starts, a coding is started that tries to find one of the music tracks that were cut (let's say it's snd_bgm_K02_SENTOUONIISAN), but it doesn't look for it in the game disc, instead it looks for it in the SD card that's inserted in the Wii. if the coding doesn't find it, it doesn't load it and the game doesn't crash. it just ignores it.
now you would ask: and?
and the thing is, what if Sakurai did cut the music but put that coding I told you about, and some time later after the release he makes a server that lets you download that music to your SD cards? you can already download custom Stages and the game has a similar coding I told you for them. what if that coding is in there for the music files too?
sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing.

firefox451

Smash Rookie
"Mushroom Forest" from SMRPG??!?
Man, the Brawl music team was targeting some of my favourite video game songs... Star Wolf theme from SF64, Ocarina's Gerudo Valley, Mother's Humoresque of a Little Dog, Super Mario 64's Bob-Omb Battlefield... all epic songs. I really wish Mushroom Forest was in there.

Imagine if this song was a "Mushroom Forest" remix... I hope to god these files surface!

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
It seems as if they left it there too maybe be opened later by the game? Could this be hinted as the first possible rumor of DLC?

celebi23

Smash Cadet
WTF ?????
Yeah, & I honestly doubt that the music was faked b/c it is at the right volume so that all of the sfx still are clear enough to be heard. & that other version of the Meta Knight theme has NEVER been heard before. I'm gonna start looking through the dual layer disc file to find ANY hidden files......

Thino

Smash Master
ok.

People need to seriously **** the **** out of this DVD and rip every single byte , each ione of them having its own description ,purpose ,date of modification ,last access , I'm sick of sakurai trolling us even 2 weeks AFTER the game release !

srsly =O

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, & I honestly doubt that the music was faked b/c it is at the right volume so that all of the sfx still are clear enough to be heard. & that other version of the Meta Knight theme has NEVER been heard before. I'm gonna start looking through the dual layer disc file to find ANY hidden files......
SAMaine came up with an interesting theory in another topic that the files for character such as Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario may be in their counterparts folder (ie. Doc's is in Mario's, Roy's in Marth's, and Mewtwo's in Lucario's). Can you search through these files?

Here is the post outlying the theory:

I got bored so I decided to rearrange the fighter files in order of size. I think it's very interesting...

Quote:
\effect\fighter\ef_robot.pac, size:305120 off:2ACB7FA0
\effect\fighter\ef_metaknight.pac, size:302720 off:2AB1D5E0
\effect\fighter\ef_fox.pac, size:302016 off:2A99CF00
\effect\fighter\ef_falco.pac, size:300992 off:2A953740
\effect\fighter\ef_pit.pac, size:242496 off:2ABFEE00
\effect\fighter\ef_lucas.pac, size:243616 off:2AAB2340
\effect\fighter\ef_ness.pac, size:240832 off:2AB67560
\effect\fighter\ef_sonic.pac, size:239232 off:2AD4B6E0
\effect\fighter\ef_link.pac, size:218496 off:2AA57560
\effect\fighter\ef_snake.pac, size:195904 off:2AD1B9A0
\effect\fighter\ef_pikmin.pac, size:172384 off:2ABD4CA0
\effect\fighter\ef_dedede.pac, size:166720 off:2A903F40
\effect\fighter\ef_kirby.pac, size:159168 off:2AA16D00
\effect\fighter\ef_zelda.pac, size:155776 off:2AE03B00
\effect\fighter\ef_lucario.pac, size:153696 off:2AA8CAE0
\effect\fighter\ef_pokefushigisou.pac, size:144864 off:2AC3A140
\effect\fighter\ef_ike.pac, size:134464 off:2A9F5FC0
\effect\fighter\ef_szerosuit.pac, size:133280 off:2AD85D60
\effect\fighter\ef_peach.pac, size:113280 off:2ABA2220
\effect\fighter\ef_wolf.pac, size:108160 off:2ADD28A0
\effect\fighter\ef_purin.pac, size:106720 off:2AC9DEC0
\effect\fighter\ef_marth.pac, size:105728 off:2AB038E0
\effect\fighter\ef_koopa.pac, size:105120 off:2AA3DAC0
\effect\fighter\ef_samus.pac, size:102688 off:2AD02800
\effect\fighter\ef_toonlink.pac, size:102048 off:2ADA6600
\effect\fighter\ef_pikachu.pac, size:94208 off:2ABBDCA0
\effect\fighter\ef_captain.pac, size:92832 off:2A8ED4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_yoshi.pac, size:92640 off:2ADECF20
\effect\fighter\ef_diddy.pac, size:81824 off:2A92CA80
\effect\fighter\ef_pokelizardon.pac, size:80224 off:2AC5D720
\effect\fighter\ef_wario.pac, size:78464 off:2ADBF5A0
\effect\fighter\ef_donkey.pac, size:76832 off:2A940AA0
\effect\fighter\ef_mario.pac, size:71584 off:2AAF2140
\effect\fighter\ef_poketrainer.pac, size:64672 off:2AC71080
\effect\fighter\ef_pokezenigame.pac, size:64256 off:2AC80D20
\effect\fighter\ef_ganon.pac, size:62464 off:2A9E6B40
\effect\fighter\ef_popo.pac, size:54816 off:2AC90820
\effect\fighter\ef_luigi.pac, size:18016 off:2AAEDAE0
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac, size:128 off:2A9536C0
\effect\fighter\ef_gamewatch.pac, size:128 off:2A9E6AC0
\effect\fighter\ef_gkoopa.pac, size:128 off:2A9F5F40
\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_nana.pac, size:128 off:2AB674E0
\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac, size:128 off:2AC9DE40
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780
\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520
\effect\fighter\ef_warioman.pac, size:128 off:2ADD2820
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoball.pac, size:128 off:2AE03900
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoboy.pac, size:128 off:2AE03980
\effect\fighter\ef_zakochild.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A00
\effect\fighter\ef_zakogirl.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A80

In more readable terms, it would look like this...

Quote:
R.O.B.
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Pit
Lucas
Ness
Sonic
Link
Snake
Pikmin & Olimar
King Dedede
Kirby
Zelda
Lucario
Ivysaur
Ike
Zero Suit Samus
Peach
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Marth
Bowser
Samus
Toon Link
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Diddy Kong
Charizard
Wario
Donkey Kong
Mario
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers (Popo)
Luigi
Dixie Kong, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, Giga Bowser, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers (Nana), Plusle & Minun, Roy, Sheik, Toon Sheik, Toon Zelda, Wario-Man, Fighting Alloys

Now assuming that this list is accurate, then we should assume that Zelda, Bowser, and Wario are hosting most of the files for Sheik, Giga Bowser, and Wario-Man respectfully. Notice which characters on the list are close by TO Zelda, Bowser, and Wario...

R.O.B, Meta Knight, Fox, Falco, and Pit are the characters with the most info in the effects.
Lucario (who is most likely to double for Mewtwo) is only 2080 less than Zelda.
Marth (who is most likely to double for Roy) is 608 more than Bowser
Diddy (who is most likely to double for Dixie) is 3360 more than Wario
Mario (who is most likely to double for Dr. Mario) is 6880 less than Wario.

What this means is that the seven could only really need a Kirby Hat, a Final Smash, and being unlocked to be playable! It's definately worth investigating!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Agreed. What the heck!? Alt music for the Wi-Fi Waiting Room? I've been listening to the entire track all day.. and it's NOT among the selection.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Ahem.

Admittedly, I don't see why someone would bother faking it, but I'm pretty sure they did.

Note also that the Pokemon music would be the only one to not be remixed. (And also, what the hell is the theme playing during the menu?)

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
something is wrong here. a couple of days ago someone posted in the welcome section that there was downloadable characters that could be used in brawl by use of your memory from melee. i wonder was he actually telling the truth. it seems to conect so well with this info and the threory of downloadable content. i wonder can anyone try what he says

give me a sec. and ill find the thread

edit: here it is http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140154

with this saved data still on the disc i wonder if sakurai is planning sometin, when the american release come in

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Aww, I've been quoted. Anyway this music list if true confirms that at the very least Mewtwo and Roy were dropped rather late in development. Nintendo had time to COMPOSE victory music for them, even if it was cut. This also hints that Wolf was likely the final character addition, since he LACKS victory music.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
something is wrong here. a couple of days ago someone posted in the welcome section that there was downloadable characters that could be used in brawl by use of your memory from melee. i wonder was he actually telling the truth. it seems to conect so well with this info and the threory of downloadable content. i wonder can anyone try what he says

give me a sec. and ill find the thread

edit: here it is http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140154

with this saved data still on the disc i wonder if sakurai is planning sometin, when the american release come in

Uhh, the guy who made that topic was proven to be a fraud.

Aww, I've been quoted. Anyway this music list if true confirms that at the very least Mewtwo and Roy were dropped rather late in development. Nintendo had time to COMPOSE victory music for them, even if it was cut. This also hints that Wolf was likely the final character addition, since he LACKS victory music.
Do you still think that the cut character's files might still exist within their counterparts' folder?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Uhh, the guy who made that topic was proven to be a fraud.

Do you still think that the cut character's files might still exist within their counterparts' folder?
I sure hope so. It would be really cool to see what the team had planned, even just for the fun of it.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I do believe that Mewtwo and Roy would be the most complete and thus they would have more files in Marth and Lucario's folder, so we should look for Roy and Mewtwo in Marth and Lucario's folder respectfully... if they aren't there, then we might as well not try the rest of them. While I can't say for sure since I don't hack games, I am a programmer and I know that programmers wouldn't add more work to a feature that was cut. Since Mewtwo and Roy have something extra, it makes sense for them to be the more complete of the Cut 7.

celebi23

Smash Cadet
I do believe that Mewtwo and Roy would be the most complete and thus they would have more files in Marth and Lucario's folder, so we should look for Roy and Mewtwo in Marth and Lucario's folder respectfully... if they aren't there, then we might as well not try the rest of them. While I can't say for sure since I don't hack games, I am a programmer and I know that programmers wouldn't add more work to a feature that was cut. Since Mewtwo and Roy have something extra, it makes sense for them to be the more complete of the Cut 7.
here's a pic of the Lucario folder contents. Marth folder pic uploading now, will edit this post in a minute

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/eisnerguy1/Lucario.png

The findings aren't good I'm afraid :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do believe that Mewtwo and Roy would be the most complete and thus they would have more files in Marth and Lucario, so we should look for Roy and Mewtwo in Marth and Lucario's folder respectfully... if they aren't there, then we might as well not try the rest of them. While I can't say for sure since I don't hack games, I am a programmer and I know that programmers wouldn't add more work to a feature that was cut. Since Mewtwo and Roy have something extra, it makes sense for them to be the more complete of the Cut 7.
Interesting, do you by any chance know any hackers or any sites with video game hackers? Perhaps, they will lend us some assistance into finding if there are any remaining models and files for the Forbidden 7.

What is intersting to note is that we had our final roster as early as mid-November. Why? Well, NyaseNya, one of the most famous Brawl leakers, mentioned 35 characters back in mid-November. Which means that these characters were not playable as late as mid-November. However, there is also the possibility that Sakurai was just beginning on these characters as a result of the delay, but didn't really have time to finish any of them. I wish Sakurai would relase a "+" version of Brawl a year or two down the road that features all of cut characters and music. Most of us don't want to wait another five or six years for the next Smash Bros., and I would even by another copy of Brawl full-price if he did decide to release a version that contained all of the cut content.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
here's a pic of the Lucario folder contents. Marth folder pic uploading now, will edit this post in a minute

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/eisnerguy1/Lucario.png

The findings aren't good I'm afraid :(
Ugh, well, there goes all hope. Well, can you at least go to see what is in Mewtwo, Roy, and all of the other cut character's folders?

I am so pissed at Sakurai for not using the delay to finsih these characters. He probably used the delay to put in that POS feature "Masterpieces."

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess, but why have so much junk data? It's like hiding a murder in the worse possible manner.
Developers hardly ever take the time or effort to erase junk data. Why? Because 85% of users are never going to take notice of it's existance unless it's blantly pointed out like it is in this case. Also removing some of that data can have effects on the rest of coding praticularly if the program is already set to look through those files as well. Sometimes it's simply ineffective to remove even something that seems useless.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I hope Brawl pulls off a Tales of The Abyss (NA version was released after Japanese version (duh) but the NA version had more stuff, like new Hi Ougis, coustumes, etc. that the Japanese one didnt have), even though I still love Brawl the way it is now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chronobound, when you say the Forbidden 7, who do you mean and why do you say that?
The Forbidden 7 is the term I use to describe Brawl's seven cut characters. These cut characters include Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik. The term is a play-on for the term used to describe four Animal Crossing NES games that were only available via an Action Replay (though a rare e-reader card was released that allowed you to unlock Mario Bros. and Ice Climber).

Top Bottom