• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pyrosphere never mentioned often because of Ridley and that Pokémon league stage because of Mewtwo......... Mother of Groose it all makes sense

I really hope Groose is a stag hazard on Skyloft similar to a combination of Midna and Olimars final smash if he grabs you. well this gif provides my point perfectly
But Mewtwo has no connection with the League stage...well, except for being from the same game.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I honesty think that the PoTD tomorrow will have a video going over DLC, and the connectivity between the Wii U and 3DS versions.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I honesty think that the PoTD tomorrow will have a video going over DLC, and the connectivity between the Wii U and 3DS versions.
that's probably for a friday, not mondays, usually big reveals on weekends or fridays

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
While that would be nice I'd expect something such as this coming from a direct. I think the supposed characters transferring over, if real, will be used to explain how future DLC work. Connecting the two versions giving you access to said characters in the other version of the game, for example. This way you'd not have to buy them twice. That or it's tied to your NNID and no matter what version you buy it for it'd be accessible from both versions.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That's... a very very bold prediction lol

They very likely wouldn't announce DLC until both games launches. Let's not get way too ahead of ourselves :p

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
That's... a very very bold prediction lol

They very likely wouldn't announce DLC until both games launches. Let's not get way too ahead of ourselves :p
This. We will barely get news about a mode or more stages, who knows....i just dont want more 3ds

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always learn that look before you believe.

Character leaks are something I talk whole heartily because I need more than pictures and 4chan threads. I need actual footage or signs showing that this was real and the fact that he missed Orbital Gate, Great Cave Offensive and as for the characters well....

Ridley in general is messed up because somehow Sakurai not showing him off means he's playable and that hinting him as boss was some stupid ruse. Plus Chorus Men, really?

Is everyone gonna bandwagon off of Gemastu because of WFT?
Heck, why aren't the Ice Climbers never mentioned when they'll be in before anyone else due to how quick they can get them in.
Oh well, just my 2 cents

Naoshi

I always learn that look before you believe.

Character leaks are something I talk whole heartily because I need more than pictures and 4chan threads. I need actual footage or signs showing that this was real and the fact that he missed Orbital Gate, Great Cave Offensive and as for the characters well....

Ridley in general is messed up because somehow Sakurai not showing him off means he's playable and that hinting him as boss was some stupid ruse. Plus Chorus Men, really?

Is everyone gonna bandwagon off of Gemastu because of WFT?
Heck, why aren't the Ice Climbers never mentioned when they'll be in before anyone else due to how quick they can get them in.
Oh well, just my 2 cents
Gematsu had a lot of characters right. He likely had outdated info which screwed him over. He definitely was not a fake, at least the first round was 100% legit. He had more than just WFT to back him up.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Chorus Men, really?
Wii Fit Trainer, really?
Villager, really?
Duck Hunt Dog, really?

The sky's the limit for Smash representation. Considering how the newcomers this time around seem to be focusing on new series. (Seriously, the last all-star bout is nothing but newcomers, and it's all from a period after Brawl.) I can definitely see some Rhythm Heaven representation. Besides, rhythmic fighting could lead to some cool concepts.

I'd also take issue with your complaint about Ridley's tease and it not being a part of a conspiricy, but I've had enough anti-Ridley sentiment to last me a decade.

I'm definitely taking all these leaks with a grain of salt. Even still, with how... lacking the 3DS version feels, the Wii U is definitely going to need some unannounced big guns to build up hype again. We've gotten used to everything that got us excited before.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Gematsu had a lot of characters right. He likely had outdated info which screwed him over. He definitely was not a fake, at least the first round was 100% legit. He had more than just WFT to back him up.
I figured one of the reasons he was lucky was because remember Nintendo information at E3 has been leaked before and it has happen multiple times (Remember when Star Fox U was leaked). So I figured Sal got his info straight from those sources

Also outside of :4wiifit: and CM, there were really same and predictable guesses

:4villager::New Leaf was big and while Sakurai stated he didn't want to make Villiager fight, things change in six years

:4littlemac::Next Level's reboot and sales gave him a chance was highest request character from the West

:4greninja::You have to be blind not to see there was gonna be new Pokemon rep and it was gonna be Gen5/6 either way

:4palutena::The same guy who made Uprising is working on Smash 4. You thought it was gonna be Hades? Nope went with the second most important KI character after Pit

:4mii::Sakurai wanted Miis in Brawl but didn't know how to implement them. And Nintendo loves shoehorning these guys everywhere

:4shulk::Fairly popular in Japan who thanks to Operation Rainfall gave Xenoblade a chance in the West and sold well for its limited copies. Shulk had a major chance

Chrom:Every Smash, they put in the latest new lord but since Ike was back and Sakurai wanted an Awakening rep, he went the best option, :4robinm: and he just thought about Chrom he was never considered on that list.

:4megaman:/:4pacman::no matter how much people say Capcom hates Megaman, he's still not shoved away that well and after Snake and Sonic, who do you think we're gonna go with? As for Pac-Man, you should have seen this coming YEARS ago. Right when Nintendo announced Namco-Bandai was helping.

Safe to say, these 'leaks' were same guesses that anyone could have made.

Naoshi

I figured one of the reasons he was lucky was because remember Nintendo information at E3 has been leaked before and it has happen multiple times (Remember when Star Fox U was leaked). So I figured Sal got his info straight from those sources

Also outside of :4wiifit: and CM, there were really same and predictable guesses

:4villager::New Leaf was big and while Sakurai stated he didn't want to make Villiager fight, things change in six years

:4littlemac::Next Level's reboot and sales gave him a chance was highest request character from the West

:4greninja::You have to be blind not to see there was gonna be new Pokemon rep and it was gonna be Gen5/6 either way

:4palutena::The same guy who made Uprising is working on Smash 4. You thought it was gonna be Hades? Nope went with the second most important KI character after Pit

:4mii::Sakurai wanted Miis in Brawl but didn't know how to implement them. And Nintendo loves shoehorning these guys everywhere

:4shulk::Fairly popular in Japan who thanks to Operation Rainfall gave Xenoblade a chance in the West and sold well for its limited copies. Shulk had a major chance

Chrom:Every Smash, they put in the latest new lord but since Ike was back and Sakurai wanted an Awakening rep, he went the best option, :4robinm: and he just thought about Chrom he was never considered on that list.

:4megaman:/:4pacman::no matter how much people say Capcom hates Megaman, he's still not shoved away that well and after Snake and Sonic, who do you think we're gonna go with? As for Pac-Man, you should have seen this coming YEARS ago. Right when Nintendo announced Namco-Bandai was helping.

...Oh for crying out loud... No where have I said that a lot of the characters weren't safe choices.

And just because a lot of the choices is safe doesn't mean it's that easy to guess almost every single character right. Has anyone ever made a prediction roster that greatly resembles SSB4 before the announcement?

http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-296#post-17472234

I'll just link my theory because the guy's accuracy rate was way too high to be a fake in my opinion.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

I fail to see how these were just 'guesses'. I mean, you simply believe he just guessed like 9 characters?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who guessed :4wiifit: besides him? Haven't heard of anybody.
Literally almost nobody in this community predicted an X and Y pokemon. Although me and my brother theorized that we would get :4greninja: if we actually did get an X and Y pokemon, we thought that megas would probably be ok.
:4mii: were pretty damn predictable. But did anybody guess the name Mii Fighters? No, nobody except for him right before E3 2014.
:4villager: was a left field pick, considering that Sakurai stated that he didn't want to put an AC character in Brawl. Why should we be inclined to realize that he changed his mind?
:4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4shulk::4littlemac: and Chrom were predictable. But not many had all of them on their list. Hell, nobody had a list this accurate besides the Gematsu leaker.
Oh yeah, Sakurai stated that Chrom was considered, but scrapped. Kinda makes you wonder if he had extremely early information.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
...Oh for crying out loud... No where have I said that a lot of the characters weren't safe choices.

And just because a lot of the choices is safe doesn't mean it's that easy to guess almost every single character right. Has anyone ever made a prediction roster that greatly resembles SSB4 before the announcement?

http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-296#post-17472234

I'll just link my theory because the guy's accuracy rate was way too high to be a fake in my opinion.

Maybe but look at it like this from ignoring Rosalina(and don't give me that crap about thinking she was a Peach Alt, because no one was THAT blind)

His "Pokemon from X/Y" was so vague that it could have meant Any other starter

And last, I saw the interview with Sakurai over Robin and Chrom, was he considered, probably but remember this roster was decided exactly 2 years ago and was stated that the roster was finalized before games development and this before the clones, ICs getting axed because of 3DS issues and probably before amiibos were ever a thought. So in my educated guess, Chrom was considered but wasn't ever final decision since the whole 3 blue haired lords. Robin came up and the rest was history

Plus where was :4bowserjr:&:4duckhunt:? And why would they argue over characters like Ness and Lucas if that same roster was finalized by that point only way for someone to get cut that late from development was issues with systems(AKA :popo:)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This again? He likely saw gameplay, which would explain the mistake on Chrom. He could've simply saw Robin's Final Smash. Honestly, Chrom is the de facto main character. Who would you assume is the actual playable one? The other explanation is that he heard many things from his coworkers, including slightly incorrect information. He heard Lucas might be scrapped, and look at what happened. So him hearing random things is... quite a viable reason.

Everybody else is obvious. Animal Crossing Guy is a fair nickname if you simply saw Villager. Not many figured he'd get that name. Animal Crosser is one of many nicknames. Yes, some were safe guesses. But he also later on changed Mii to Mii Fighters, which sealed the deal for me. While there was a rumor that you could hack the website to know the name, that's just a rumor. On the other hand, he got it perfectly. Keep in mind Salromano refused to list the actual original message, which is why he listed "Goddess Palutena". It was likely just a simple error or bad communication. It's the same character. Like a description saying "the Goddess Palutena". It's a proper title, not a different character.(unlike Dr. Mario or Dark Pit, who, well, is a separate character).

Also, to be fair, a tiny slew of people did guess WFT. Some joke GameFAQs post did and got the Final Smash almost 100% right(well before development started, so they essentially came up with the idea before Sakurai did, or around the same time). It's not completely impossible, but highly unlikely. Even Smashboards was polled. Some thought WFT was going to show up, but I wouldn't be surprised if some could've been lying because they hate the Gematsu leak. No, I do not even close to consider WFT a lucky guess anyway.

Villager is different. We were told he wouldn't work as a character. Many read this bit. However, a less thrown around set of information is Sakurai wanted other characters in first. If this was more well known, guessing him would be a bit beasier. But it wasn't, so...

Also, Sakurai went with concept art of Greninja. He might not have been named yet, so called it a Pokemon from X & Y. Easy to think about. Just saying. That, and his information clearly stopped coming after the Shulk trailer was not there. Rosalina could not have been leaked since she was revealed before he had a chance to do so himself. Also, don't forget he said "these aren't everyone". He also might not have properly gotten Lucina, Dr. Mario, or Dark Pit right either if he never saw them being updated to playable. If he said "these are who are all in the game and nobody else exists", that'd be a good point, but it's pretty weak as it is now.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
[/quote]
Maybe but look at it like this from ignoring Rosalina(and don't give me that crap about thinking she was a Peach Alt, because no one was THAT blind)

And last, I saw the interview with Sakurai over Robin and Chrom, was he considered, probably but remember this roster was decided exactly 2 years ago and was stated that the roster was finalized before games development and this before the clones, ICs getting axed because of 3DS issues and probably before amiibos were ever a thought. So in my educated guess, Chrom was considered but wasn't ever final decision since the whole 3 blue haired lords. Robin came up and the rest was history

Plus where was :4bowserjr:&:4duckhunt:? And why would they argue over characters like Ness and Lucas if that same roster was finalized by that point only way for someone to get cut that late from development was issues with systems(AKA :popo:)
That's an easy answer. He only leaked the non-unlockables.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Um, why are we debating Gematsu?

Last edited:

Naoshi

Oh my god. Why would I even say he'd mistaken Rosalina for Peach? Stop treating me like I'm some kind of idiot. And he didn't mention Rosalina, so what? Before Rosalina was revealed, he only leaked 6 characters. He has never once said "this is every newcomer". He leaked more of them after Rosalina was revealed.

Well no **** it's vague. I've already explained how it could turned out the way it did. Read what I've linked.

...Like I've said in my theory. The guy likely got ahold of a very outdated document. It's possible there was a document wit Chrom having the slot before there was a newer version. Kind of a stretch but it's possible.

Once again, he has never once said he listed everyone in the roster. Same siutation as Rosalina, but it should be noted that Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt are secret characters.

Ness and Lucas getting argued over makes sense. The roster being "finalized" jsut means they're set on deciding what will be in the game. There is never a guarantee that cuts won't happen, content cutting in the middle of development is a very common thing in video games.

I'm done with this argument. That is all I have to say here because this is honestly a waste of my time now.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Um, why are we debating Gematsu?
Dunno, ppl like to talk about things already discussed, im thinking about asking a mod to lock this for now until something new happens that can actually bring some real talk on the topic because right now ppl just keep asking or showing or debating things we have already done pages ago. Unless ppl stop bringing old stuff up.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Dunno, ppl like to talk about things already discussed, im thinking about asking a mod to lock this for now until something new happens that can actually bring some real talk on the topic because right now ppl just keep asking or showing or debating things we have already done pages ago. Unless ppl stop bringing old stuff up.
If nothing comes up tomorrow, I say do it. Obviously, we're struggling for things to talk about, and there hasn't been any evidence to chew on for a while.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to throw this out there. Has anyone ever played/scene the DOA dimensions stage that takes place in the Pyrosphere and has Ridley as a stage hazard. Idk, doesn't change much, but it's kinda cool nonetheless.

Naoshi

I agree. There is like... nothing to be discussed about this leak since we've squeezed out every possible conversation from it at this point. We need more Wii U info that sparks up ToS discussions.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i don't see any need to lock jt up.We could all just stop talking until something important comes up like in most threads

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
i don't see any need to lock jt up.We could all just stop talking until something important comes up like in most threads
Which is what i totally suggested, or at least we can talk about theories we haven't come up before a thousand of times already. At least keep the talk new and fresh and not repetitive, that's all i would like to see, coz it's really annoying to wake up everyday and check this thread and find that ppl are talking about something that was talked in other threads or way pages behind already. Hopefully tomorrow we get something new and promising finally.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I really hope we get something about the Adventure mode this week. Well we at least know what the Wii U menu looks like. There is an equal amount of icons as there is the 3DS version just arranged differently. Matching the colors with the ones for the 3DS means we likely have an Adventure mode. the Adventure mode is probably Smash World. I was hoping the Wii U version had a completely different menu design but if you go to "connect to Wii U" on the 3ds version you can see that they are nearly the same. It annoys me so much that that classic is under games and more lol. I hope Sakurai adds in a ton more enemies in Smash World (assuming that is the Adventure Mode.)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This. We will barely get news about a mode or more stages, who knows....i just dont want more 3ds
I can guarantee you, we will get this week's Conquest results because Sakurai honestly thinks we give a **** about menus at this point. Or perhaps a Smash Wii U Direct announcement.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well at least today's pic wasn't a 3ds screen lol. I can't wait to see how Roll looks she is so damn adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom