• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, when you unlock all of the characters on the 3DS version, does a message come up (like in Melee and Brawl) announcing that you have unlocked all of the characters? I feel as if this leave some insight regarding the possibility of more characters (assuming 1.) Smash 3DS/Wii U have the same roster; 2.) Sakurai decided to keep that announcement in the 3DS version when you unlock everyone). I feel as if if that "congrats, you caught 'em all" notification does pop up after you get all of the known unlockable characters in the 3DS version, then this greatly decreases any chance whatsoever of the leak (at least character-related) from being true. That being said, we don't 100% know if the roster will be the same if both reiterations (yes, I know Sakurai said that they would be; however, things change during development). Just some food for thought.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Out of curiosity, when you unlock all of the characters on the 3DS version, does a message come up (like in Melee and Brawl) announcing that you have unlocked all of the characters? I feel as if this leave some insight regarding the possibility of more characters (assuming 1.) Smash 3DS/Wii U have the same roster; 2.) Sakurai decided to keep that announcement in the 3DS version when you unlock everyone). I feel as if if that "congrats, you caught 'em all" notification does pop up after you get all of the known unlockable characters in the 3DS version, then this greatly decreases any chance whatsoever of the leak (at least character-related) from being true. That being said, we don't 100% know if the roster will be the same if both reiterations (yes, I know Sakurai said that they would be; however, things change during development). Just some food for thought.
Yeah, something does come up and say 'All characters unlocked!'

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah because when you want to do a surprise for extra character you say " Hey look , you don't have all character ! " .
I think this pop-up is just here for saying "All character in 3DS , no need to shearsh more" .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He cut the Ice Climbers and then told us really late around when the game released because they wouldn't work on the 3DS version. It's quite implied by that alone he is severely pushing the "same roster" bit.

So no, I have a hard time believing he'll change it. Even having the Wii U with a few more characters but adding them to the 3DS version doesn't change what he said. Same roster in the end. He also specified "character experience". Which again, does not change.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
On a related note to the all characters thing, you can have a completed Pokedex without getting the "extra" event Pokemon (there are 2-3 that still haven't been released).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yeah, why hasn't Pyrosphere been seen at all?
And the few times it has been seen, there has been no sign of a stage boss or Ridley at all.
If anything, there are those Purple tubes that were added to the bottom for some reason, and we know that both the black covers of those tubes and the lava disappear when in final destination mode.

Why is all this happening if Ridley is the stage hazard?
Also, if he was a stage boss, he would have an entrance, like yellow devil dose, and most likely, enter from the hole in the wall (the one he made while escaping Samus in other M).
However, the hole is present in both regular and Final destination versions of the stage, while the other possible hazards I mentioned aren't.

I don't know guys, the whole Ridley situation is too fishy for him to be just a stage boss.
He definitely looks like he will be playable.
And I'm sure if he is playable and plays the same way as the leaker mentioned, that basically confirms the leak.
Like how Shulk confirmed the August leak.
The thing that nails Ridley for me is why didn't he attack :4pikachu: and why wasn't he running from Ridley. Ridley just sort of stayed there as if he was idle, Now this could be me thinking in the trollish nature of Sakurai but what if that was in fact the actual playable model of Ridley but up scaled to the max. It's just a thought because for being a stage hazard he sure wasn't doing a hell of a lot, plus after this appeared during a battle I was having today that whole size argument can get out of here

Lugia confirmed to be to big for Smash.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The thing that nails Ridley for me is why didn't he attack :4pikachu: and why wasn't he running from Ridley. Ridley just sort of stayed there as if he was idle, Now this could be me thinking in the trollish nature of Sakurai but what if that was in fact the actual playable model of Ridley but up scaled to the max. It's just a thought because for being a stage hazard he sure wasn't doing a hell of a lot, plus after this appeared during a battle I was having today that whole size argument can get out of here

Plus that flying animation looked janky as ****, almost like a playable character...

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

I'm sticking by the shadow analysis and that Ridley isn't really all that big. His wings are, but if ToS is to be believed they fold down or disappear completely somehow when grounded. Which makes sense for him to fold down his wings. A Ridley shadow that isn't that big and rather passive? Quite odd for any Ridley incarnation. So even if ToS isn't real I think it is possible that Ridley and a few other characters may show up on the Wii U version before the 3DS one to help build hype. Too bad the shadows in the 3DS version aren't just like their models. If so we could maybe gauge the size of that Lugia to Ridleys shadow.

I think what'd do it for me regarding the ToS leak is if we see an Endless Ocean stage, one of the supposed extra characters in a newcomer trailer, or Tower of Smash itself being announced even if its name is different. That or if they show off Pyrospheres hazard and Ridley is nowhere in sight. As of now it's like they're just kind of "Oh yeah and here's the Wii U version that you don't know much about. Hope you're hyped about it in a month I guess." It feels like they're holding off on exploding hype with something, like characters. Granted it's felt like that before and it turned out as nothing, so...

Edit: Forgot to mention. Regarding newcomer trailers. If they show off Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog on the site with no newcomer trailer then why did Sakurai never say Shulks trailer was the last? He went out of his way to say we were nearing the end of them, but he never stated we finally saw them all? That just seems odd to me. You'd think he'd have said something like "That was the last of the newcomer trailers! Hope you enjoyed watching them as much as we did making them!" or something. Watch me put my foot in my mouth and the last update on the site will be both Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr with a final trailer. Hopefully that doesn't happen and they just get the same treatment the rest have had so far.

Last edited:

Sater

Smash Rookie
Did somebody noticed some suspicious songs on the Sound Library?, i'm guessing that this songs that dont appear on the 3DS stages in fact are from Wii U Stages, like some of the Tower Smash Leak.
-Rainbow Cruise
-Temple
-Stickerbrush Symphony (could be the Bramble Blast stage)
-With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
-The Legendary Air Ride Machine
-Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream (guessing that this will appear on Orbital Gate)
-Mechanical Rhythm
-Airman and Sparkman Themes
-Pac-Man park/Block Town
these are what i remember.

I'm not saying that this thing is real, but it will be good hints for some stages that can come out later on DLC or Wii U, and maybe the stages that are in the Tower Smash Leak where based on these songs.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I was really hoping for a trailer where some one is playing Duck hunt and we see a bunch of Ducks and then out of no where Ridley, the player then shoots Ridley out of Pure shock for him and the :4duckhunt:dog grabs Ridley by the neck while laughing away and then Ridley takes the dog away into the Sky...... Well that was my thoughts before I seen how adorable the Dog and Duck where :')

Chrono.

Did somebody noticed some suspicious songs on the Sound Library?, i'm guessing that this songs that dont appear on the 3DS stages in fact are from Wii U Stages, like some of the Tower Smash Leak.
-Rainbow Cruise
-Temple
-Stickerbrush Symphony (could be the Bramble Blast stage)
-With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
-The Legendary Air Ride Machine
-Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream (guessing that this will appear on Orbital Gate)
-Mechanical Rhythm
-Airman and Sparkman Themes
-Pac-Man park/Block Town
these are what i remember.

I'm not saying that this thing is real, but it will be good hints for some stages that can come out later on DLC or Wii U, and maybe the stages that are in the Tower Smash Leak where based on these songs.
Actually Missile Slipstream is Corneria's second song this time.

Also most of those are just comebacks from Brawl/Melee and you can use any of them in Smash Run.

Last edited:

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Actually Missile Slipstream is Corneria's second song this time.

Also most of those are just comebacks from Brawl/Melee and you can use any of them in Smash Run.
The second song for Corneria is actually the Star Wolf/Sector Z remix

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm sticking by the shadow analysis and that Ridley isn't really all that big. His wings are, but if ToS is to be believed they fold down or disappear completely somehow when grounded. Which makes sense for him to fold down his wings. A Ridley shadow that isn't that big and rather passive? Quite odd for any Ridley incarnation. So even if ToS isn't real I think it is possible that Ridley and a few other characters may show up on the Wii U version before the 3DS one to help build hype. Too bad the shadows in the 3DS version aren't just like their models. If so we could maybe gauge the size of that Lugia to Ridleys shadow.
Just thought of something... When we see Ridley's shadow, the camera angle is pointed down and diagonal to the stage. This gives us a full view of Ridley's shadow, length- and width-wise, making it seem larger. However, if he's playable, only the length should matter, since gameplay is viewed from the side.

So, if we're looking at Ridley's shadow and thinking "that's too big," - it's not the girth, but the length that counts.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Another reason why I cry for Wolf :'(
Yeah that was actually a pretty big insult for wolf fans, to keep his theme song and remove the character. **** move, **** move....

Hopefully he will be back as dlc or something

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Why is all this happening if Ridley is the stage hazard?

I don't know guys, the whole Ridley situation is too fishy for him to be just a stage boss.
He definitely looks like he will be playable.
And I'm sure if he is playable and plays the same way as the leaker mentioned, that basically confirms the leak.
Like how Shulk confirmed the August leak.
Go check the main website, FD mode for pyrosphere has been changed to match the top picture, with lava pouring out again.

Also, "too fishy" isn't a legitimate reason to confirm a leak, Should metal face not appearing on 3ds gaur plains hint at him being playable too?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Yeah that was actually a pretty big insult for wolf fans, to keep his theme song and remove the character. **** move, **** move....

Hopefully he will be back as dlc or something
Him and Lucas I mean come on they kept the Braw victory music for Ness the one specifically made for Lucas and the fact these two have been cut makes no sense to me :'( why can't they be part of the Tower leak.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Him and Lucas I mean come on they kept the Braw victory music for Ness the one specifically made for Lucas and the fact these two have been cut makes no sense to me :'( why can't they be part of the Tower leak.
Who knows? Maybe they are, For all we know they were intended for the 3DS version but due to being kinda low priority they were left unfinished and are being saved for the wii u version

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
So how likely is this leak and what does the tower of smash/ smash world thing work exactly?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Go check the main website, FD mode for pyrosphere has been changed to match the top picture, with lava pouring out again.

Also, "too fishy" isn't a legitimate reason to confirm a leak, Should metal face not appearing on 3ds gaur plains hint at him being playable too?

Yeah, you're right. Still thou, those tubes being there is weird, especially since they aren't present in Other M.

Also, I didn't say it being to fishy meant it confirmed the leak, I was saying that this whole situation seems too fishy if he is indeed just a boss. I meant that the leak would basically be confirmed if Ridley is revealed playable and works like how the leaker described him.

Also, the thing about Metal face is that all we got from him was a voice and shadow in a cgi trailer, while Ridley's shadow was seen in actual game-play footage doing stuff. And going off this leak, I would say that MF is most probably a boss in Tower of Smash, that's the only place where he could still be in.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Also, the thing about Metal face is that all we got from him was a voice and shadow in a cgi trailer, while Ridley's shadow was seen in actual game-play footage doing stuff. And going off this leak, I would say that MF is most probably a boss in Tower of Smash, that's the only place where he could still be in.
He can be in Wii U's Gaur Plains. When we saw Shulk's confirmation, I thought that stage was a sprawling one like Palutena's Temple, i.e. it doesn't match the 3DS version. Did I imagine this?

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
He can be in Wii U's Gaur Plains. When we saw Shulk's confirmation, I thought that stage was a sprawling one like Palutena's Temple, i.e. it doesn't match the 3DS version. Did I imagine this?
That's definitely a possibility, but it's still strange how they put Wiley's castle with Yellow Devil on the 3ds, yet not the same for Metal face. And even if they couldn't put him and only the stage, why didn't they do the same with Pyrosphere? Not to mention, Pyrosphere actually was on a 3ds before smash, that being DOA: Dimensions, where Ridley was a stage hazard. It's so dang strange at this point......

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
The thing that I don't get is why would they tease Ridley, and never mention him by name, or anything. From what I remember, there hasn't been any PoTD with Pyrosphere in it, correct me if I'm wrong, though. Also, how was Ridley's shadow sized down to match his size in the game?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The thing that I don't get is why would they tease Ridley, and never mention him by name, or anything. From what I remember, there hasn't been any PoTD with Pyrosphere in it, correct me if I'm wrong, though. Also, how was Ridley's shadow sized down to match his size in the game?
There has been tons of Potd with Pyrosphere featured. Just without the big purple is all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
EDIT: I posted on the wrong thread AGAIN. Jeesh, what am I doing? XD

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
That's one thing I don't get. He shows Pyrosphere and shows the shadow of Ridley and never mentions it again to tease us. Something tells me that Sakurai may have a special surprise for us. Otherwise he wouldn't tease us as much. I could be wrong.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Pyro sphere is a pretty unique stage in how it's technically been shown, but at the same time not shown. We've seen plenty of pictures but we never have seen an actual match on it, unlike most if not all new stages.

Speaking of odd stages, I find it a bit interesting how Magicant was included. Most people who play the mother series knows there's actually 2 Magicants, one in the original Mother(seen in 3DS) and one in Earthbound.
What I found really odd about SSB3DS is how this Magicant takes most elements as well as main music from the original Mother, despite how Ness is from Earthbound, which has its own Magicant.
Solution? Wii U Magicant can take mother 1 elements from 3DS and flips them with more Earthbound elements.

If this leak is fake the hoaxer was VERY clever.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pyrosphere is indeed an interesting anomaly. Sakurai seems to be going out of his way to deliberately obfuscate any information about the stage, even though we're all well aware by now that Ridley's in the game somehow or another.

I know the sentiment has been expressed to death by now, but seriously, that's just too deliberately poised to be coincidence. I'd say the same thing about Metal Face, but I don't think he's a particularly well-known fan favourite whose presence has been teased for about half a year, y'know?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Pyro sphere is a pretty unique stage in how it's technically been shown, but at the same time not shown. We've seen plenty of pictures but we never have seen an actual match on it, unlike most if not all new stages.

Speaking of odd stages, I find it a bit interesting how Magicant was included. Most people who play the mother series knows there's actually 2 Magicants, one in the original Mother(seen in 3DS) and one in Earthbound.
What I found really odd about SSB3DS is how this Magicant takes most elements as well as main music from the original Mother, despite how Ness is from Earthbound, which has its own Magicant.
Solution? Wii U Magicant can take mother 1 elements from 3DS and flips them with more Earthbound elements.

If this leak is fake the hoaxer was VERY clever.
Yeah. If this is fake, this leaker did his research on Nintendo, and did a terrific job at being very believable. Its almost like he was..... Sakurai. :dazwa:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
That's one thing I don't get. He shows Pyrosphere and shows the shadow of Ridley and never mentions it again to tease us. Something tells me that Sakurai may have a special surprise for us. Otherwise he wouldn't tease us as much. I could be wrong.
Yeah, why else would he tease Ridley so much?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
What bothers me even more is why has Mewtwo NOT received this much teasing? We got one huge tease in Greninja's reveal, but otherwise Ridley differs in that he continues to be teased.

It's enough to make me think that even a Ridley reveal won't confirm this leak. In terms of what we've seen so far, he's the most likely to be a hidden character, Mewtwo would be the second, and they're far enough apart that one would not confirm the other. I find it plausible that the Wii U connectivity character unlocks piece happens to be true on its own, but not with 5 characters and not in conjunction with ToS.

I think I'm starting to climb into the boat of "I'm going to have to see the actual ToS before believing ToS," but one of the more specific stage reveals like Endless Ocean or Greenhouse would still do it for me. As much as we've discussed hidden Wii U characters though, I've come to the conclusion that the chances are too good that Nintendo is doing this anyway, with or without the ToS, because a) it's too obviously a good move for Nintendo not to make, and b) it's too separated from the rest of the leak functionally. So, even if we do see some new character reveals, I'm afraid I'll still be waiting for confirmation on the rest of the leak.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
What bothers me even more is why has Mewtwo NOT received this much teasing? We got one huge tease in Greninja's reveal, but otherwise Ridley differs in that he continues to be teased.

It's almost enough to make me think that even a Ridley reveal won't confirm this leak. In terms of what we've seen so far, he's the most likely to be a hidden character, Mewtwo would be the second, and they're far enough apart that one would not confirm the other. I find it plausible that the Wii U connectivity character unlocks piece happens to be true on its own, but not with 5 characters and not in conjunction with ToS.

I think I'm starting to climb into the boat of "I'm going to have to see the actual ToS before believing ToS," but one of the more specific stage reveals like Endless Ocean or Greenhouse would still do it for me. As much as we've discussed hidden Wii U characters though, I've come to the conclusion that the chances are too good that Nintendo is doing this anyway, with or without the ToS, because a) it's too obviously a good move for Nintendo not to make, and b) it's too separated from the rest of the leak functionally. So, even if we do see some new character reveals, I'm afraid I'll still be waiting for confirmation on the rest of the leak.
[Replying to the thing in bold]
I can actually imagine Ridley being unlockable, and I can imagine that he would be one of the hardest characters to unlock.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So how likely is this leak and what does the tower of smash/ smash world thing work exactly?
It's 50/50 until a new stage confirmation makes or breaks the leak.

For how the rumored mod
There was a shadow size comparison i think with megaman or other characters, proving that ridley's size was indeed way smaller than in brawl. Also yeah, i agree the teasing is just going too far and obvious at the moment, i think his chances just get bigger the more teased he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom