• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

[Replying to the thing in bold]
I can actually imagine Ridley being unlockable, and I can imagine that he would be one of the hardest characters to unlock.
Or you unlock him by beating his boss form on Pyrosphere, which I have a hard time believing doesn't exist.

EDIT: I support Ridley and do not think this leak is fake yet, and the above statement does not imply that I believe that Ridley isn't playable. But his text in the text dump heavily supports that he has a boss form.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
And this NotGreninja shadow from his trailer ? Why do this ? He know the wait for Mewtwo , why play with us ?

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
There was a shadow size comparison i think with megaman or other characters, proving that ridley's size was indeed way smaller than in brawl. Also yeah, i agree the teasing is just going too far and obvious at the moment, i think his chances just get bigger the more teased he gets.
Yeah. To me, if Ridley is teased anymore, it's like Sakurai is trying to say he's playable without saying he's playable.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wonder if Greninja's shadow was intended to be a tease or if we were just getting ourselves too excited over him returning? It's hard for me to consider it an actual tease, idk. It sort of feels like we let ourselves down and blame the trailer rather than ourselves.

Ridley on the other hand... oh god that teasing lol

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'll always remember this reaction video ...

Good ... I was same for his reveal ...

Naoshi

To be honest, I sort of don't see how that was intended as a tease. Greninja's silhouette looks nothing like Mewtwo's. I admit I fell for it too, but when you think about it the hype kind of deluded us :ohwell:

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
What bothers me even more is why has Mewtwo NOT received this much teasing? We got one huge tease in Greninja's reveal, but otherwise Ridley differs in that he continues to be teased.
True, but then again, that whole statement he made at the Pokemon X & Y conference was a pretty big tease in itself. There were articles being made about for days, and a hell of a lot of people thought this meant Mewtwo was coming back for sure.

Naoshi

True, but then again, that whole statement he made at the Pokemon X & Y conference was a pretty big tease in itself. There were articles being made about for days, and a hell of a lot of people thought this meant Mewtwo was coming back for sure.
It was an honest answer at least, "We'll think about it" doesn't guarantee things. IDK what else he could've done there, other than "we won't comment on this" which is kind of the same answer in the end. Just my opinion on this matter though.

sigh I hope Mewtwo comes back as DLC or something. Sucks that he was left out again.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
To be honest, I sort of don't see how that was intended as a tease. Greninja's silhouette looks nothing like Mewtwo's. I admit I fell for it too, but when you think about it the hype kind of deluded us :ohwell:
Yeah ... after you know why you fell for it ... but , during the direct , the hype train wads unleashed ... This Pokemon Theme , the pokeball , charizard ... had this ***king shadow ...

Mewtwo why ...

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Did somebody noticed some suspicious songs on the Sound Library?, i'm guessing that this songs that dont appear on the 3DS stages in fact are from Wii U Stages, like some of the Tower Smash Leak.
-Rainbow Cruise
-Temple
-Stickerbrush Symphony (could be the Bramble Blast stage)
-With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
-The Legendary Air Ride Machine
-Theme from Area 6 / Missile Slipstream (guessing that this will appear on Orbital Gate)
-Mechanical Rhythm
-Airman and Sparkman Themes
-Pac-Man park/Block Town
these are what i remember.

I'm not saying that this thing is real, but it will be good hints for some stages that can come out later on DLC or Wii U, and maybe the stages that are in the Tower Smash Leak where based on these songs.
Mt. Dedede is a track in the 3DS version too. That's why I don't think the Great Cave Offensive track on the soundtrack cd is proof of that being the only part of that stage. Mt. Dedede could still very well play a part in it at the very least.

It was an honest answer at least, "We'll think about it" doesn't guarantee things. IDK what else he could've done there, other than "we won't comment on this" which is kind of the same answer in the end. Just my opinion on this matter though.

sigh I hope Mewtwo comes back as DLC or something. Sucks that he was left out again.
The thing about that though is they weren't asking Sakurai. He was just sitting in the crowd. It would have been far better for him to keep quiet and not give fans even a glimmer of false hope than to say anything if it wasn't going to pay off, especially since the question wasn't even directed at him. Well, in my opinion anyway.

As for Greninja looking like Mewtwo, I find it hard to believe it wasn't intentional. Either as a tease for hype later or just to be rude. They removed the webbing, had him charging an attack like Mewtwo, the tongue would obviously make people think of Mewtwos tail, seemed quite on purpose to me.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Mt. Dedede is a track in the 3DS version too. That's why I don't think the Great Cave Offensive track on the soundtrack cd is proof of that being the only part of that stage. Mt. Dedede could still very well play a part in it at the very least.
Actually, Mt Dedede is a rip of the song from the first Kirby game, and it is used in the Game Boy stage in 3DS. I don't think it's for the Wii U stage at all, even if it had Mt Dedede as part of the GCO stage.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah , because if Music say something in Smash , then , were is my Tetris Stage ? Air Man stage ? Sonic Adventure 2 Stage ?

Maybe that's was just a trick for us ... for trouble us ...

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Actually, there is something he could of done there: Say nothing at all.
No one asked him, he had no obligation to say that, yet he did. He just stood up out of nowhere and said that.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think Sakurai is just being a **** because he can. He teases the most wanted western character and then leaves people hanging with nothing. He babies his own franchise and adds clones that he knows the fans won't be pleased with, then calls us children when we have the nerve to complain. (While still buying the game, I might add. Hating one specific part of a game doesn't equal hating the whole thing.)

I sincerely think Sakurai has let the power of being the Smash bros director go to his head. He can do whatever the crap to his fans and still come out adored because in the end, we're all addicted to Smash, and he's the only supplier of the fresh, official stuff.

Naoshi

No one asked him, he had no obligation to say that, yet he did. He just stood up out of nowhere and said that.
Well I guess it would be rude to flat out ignore such a question. He was with Game Freak at the time, so he was the only one who could've answered it.

I'm starting to think Sakurai is just being a **** because he can. He teases the most wanted western character and then leaves people hanging with nothing. He babies his own franchise and adds clones that he knows the fans won't be pleased with, then calls us children when we have the nerve to complain. (While still buying the game, I might add. Hating one specific part of a game doesn't equal hating the whole thing.)

I sincerely think Sakurai has let the power of being the Smash bros director go to his head. He can do whatever the crap to his fans and still come out adored because in the end, we're all addicted to Smash, and he's the only supplier of the fresh, official stuff.
No offense but I think you're taking this a little too personal. I won't argue though, the argument about that very subject (clones and the children comment) is very tiring at this point.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

To be fair, if this leak is true, we still get these characters we want, and to top it off, we in the west get them before anyone else.

But I'm still a little mad he dragged it out this much. Every time I go one KYM someone is just there to bash me for wanting Ridley, and when the 3ds roster was leaked in September, everyone was bashing Ridley fans, and they confirmed Ridley is to big just in spite of us.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

*ironic post* Yeah ! That's right ! On the begining he even don't know there was a Smash 4 ! He join at director , post POTD for 2 years even if at start that was 2 month , give us a game were the MOST ICONIC CHARACTER OF ALL TIME CAN BATTLE ! PAC-MAN , MEGA-MAN , MARIO AND SONIC ! HE GIVE US FREE CLONE ! but yeah .. he's a douchebag ...

You see , i know why he say some of us are child , because , like you , you act like a spoiled child .

Naoshi

To be fair, if this leak is true, we still get these characters we want, and to top it off, we in the west get them before anyone else.

But I'm still a little mad he dragged it out this much. Every time I go one KYM someone is just there to bash me for wanting Ridley, and when the 3ds roster was leaked in September, everyone was bashing Ridley fans, and they confirmed Ridley is to big just in spite of us.
I 100% agree with you there. On the flip side, the meltdowns were pretty unnecessary too. (this goes for all fandoms though)

I remember Mega Man fans getting laughed at when he was disconfirmed for Brawl years ago. (Haha who's laughing now?) The dumbest arguments were like "he would be a Samus clone" or "he'd be a kirby clone!", etc. It... It made no sense. Mega Man plays nothing like those two.

Actually, he wasn't. He was in the audience. So yeah, he did that to tease people.
Ah, didn't know that. Makes sense, but then again, I would probably done the same if the Smash Bros series was mine. lol

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Simple, he could have just kept quiet, considering it wasn't even his conference.

Naoshi

Is it me or does Mewtwo's trophy look weird? Design-wise. His face lacks the anger and his legs are HUGE

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Or you unlock him by beating his boss form on Pyrosphere, which I have a hard time believing doesn't exist.

EDIT: I support Ridley and do not think this leak is fake yet, and the above statement does not imply that I believe that Ridley isn't playable. But his text in the text dump heavily supports that he has a boss form.
I'm still skeptical of that text dump thing. I mean, Pyrosphere is a SMASH U stage, not Smash 3DS. Also, where's the pic of it?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Is it me or does Mewtwo's trophy look weird? Design-wise. His face lacks the anger and his legs are HUGE
Oh ! I never see this ! .. Maybe because i see worst in leg design ... Like a Boom if you know what i mean .

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet

Does anyone know what stage this is yet? It was from a PoTD a couple months ago, and I think this was the only time it was shown, correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Palutena Temple . Sry bro .

EDIT : 100 TH POST !!

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Yeah, from what I know, it supposedly is design to look more like his anime appearance, which I find interesting since they are taking a lot of inspiration from the anime series this time around in terms of Pokemon characters and trophy descriptions.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Mt Dedede is a rip of the song from the first Kirby game, and it is used in the Game Boy stage in 3DS. I don't think it's for the Wii U stage at all, even if it had Mt Dedede as part of the GCO stage.
Oh I know. I was just getting at that a music track doesn't "need" to relate to a stage, and that if some of the music tracks in the 3DS game represent some of the tracks in the Wii U one (remixes or not) Mt. Dedede could still be a thing in some form.

Perhaps, if Mewtwo really is playable, it's the female Mewtwo from the more recent movie? Wider hips would make sense for a female Mewtwo.

Simple, he could have just kept quiet, considering it wasn't even his conference.
That's what really bugs me. He had no reason to comment from the crowd. I'm sure GameFreak can answer such a question without him saying anything. Doing what he did he more or less is admitting he knows how much he's demanded to return. So if he really isn't there on Wii U they felt it better to ignore such demand and disappoint the fans that he didn't have to rile up in the first place.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The Pokemon team was put into a very awkward situation. They were staring at each other, completely at a loss for an answer, and that's bad PR for Nintendo. They're very lucky Sakurai was there to bail them out, and that really could be all there is to it.

I hate to poke holes in the support for my most wanted character, but... in context, there's a good possibility it wasn't what we want it to mean.

Last edited:

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

Yeah honestly **** sakurai he only has the pressure of practically pulling the Wii U out of hell with one of the biggest game series of all time that has an ungodly high standard set for itself, he only took time out of time he had off to work on directing the game resulting in Carpal Tunnel(or something similar I don't remember), takes time every day to give smash fans at least a little news about the game while enduring how everyone complains that he didnt reveal some character or some stage whether they know his limitations or not with posting, and he works on putting the most effort in choosing characters in the game while jumping through 3rd party hoops to assemble arguably the greatest 4-man classic iconic character battle in history.

Not in response to CyberGuy but I feel seriously bad for this man, despite all the **** he goes through to make as many people happy as possible with a game with unrealistic expectations he tries to have a little fun and shows a shadow of a purple space lizard, suddenly he's the most hated guy on the planet

/rant

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Let's get one thing straight though: If the leak turns out to be false, and we never receive a single DLC character, we STILL have an amazing game. It hasn't been out long for 3DS, but I can already say this game satisfies everything I wanted out of a Smash game. It's got some crazy new characters (I never would have imagined either Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. being anything I'd want to play, but I love them both), it has characters that push the boundaries of traditional fighters farther than Smash Bros. already has, it has characters that demand significant time and effort to get to the true depths of their power. The game is already great. Let the man have Dark Pit if he wants his OC in the game that badly, whatever.

There is, however, a darker side to all this. There's an unwritten rule in marketing: "Never give your customer everything they want." The reason is simple: We'll never ask for more. After Ridley and Mewtwo, what characters are left that we'd actually be hyped for in the next installment? Isaac? Dixie? K. Rool? Bandana Dee? Without getting into third-party characters like Geno, Nintendo is regrettably getting close to running out of characters the general consumer would actually be ready to throw their wallets at seven years from now. Quite frankly, the next Smash can only disappoint us. Characters that still aren't in "after five installations" will enrage fans just as much as the cuts they'd be forced to make to squeeze what they can out of an ever increasing demand for roster size. You then have to ask yourself: What would it take to convince you to buy the next game? If you're a hardcore fan, probably not much - but what about casuals? The four characters I listed above are niche picks. Outside of Ridley and Mewtwo, there just aren't that many more Nintendo characters that can rally a rabid fan base out of people who otherwise don't care for the series.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yeah honestly **** sakurai he only has the pressure of practically pulling the Wii U out of hell with one of the biggest game series of all time that has an ungodly high standard set for itself, he only took time out of time he had off to work on directing the game resulting in Carpal Tunnel(or something similar I don't remember), takes time every day to give smash fans at least a little news about the game while enduring how everyone complains that he didnt reveal some character or some stage whether they know his limitations or not with posting, and he works on putting the most effort in choosing characters in the game while jumping through 3rd party hoops to assemble arguably the greatest 4-man classic iconic character battle in history.

Not in response to CyberGuy but I feel seriously bad for this man, despite all the **** he goes through to make as many people happy as possible with a game with unrealistic expectations he tries to have a little fun and shows a shadow of a purple space lizard, suddenly he's the most hated guy on the planet

/rant
Not to be that guy but if he was trying to make as many people happy as possible then Ridley and/or at least Mewtwo would/will be on the roster. So far the only main people he seems to want to make happy are... fans of the series he himself happens to enjoy. Eh. Even DK got shafted potentially for how well it's done the past few years? That's not cool.

As for not giving fans Ridley/Mewtwo because they'd not want more, I say we would if Nintendo kept making good new IPs. I'd love to see a Splatoon rep if that turns out as fun as it looks. I still want Pig Ganon to show up. Others still want K. Rool, Isaac, Waluigi, Ashley, Krystal, there's plenty characters still. If they'd add Ridley and Mewtwo and kept them in as long as the original 12? I'd be on board for every Smash game from now til I no longer play games, guaranteed.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I wonder if Greninja's shadow was intended to be a tease or if we were just getting ourselves too excited over him returning? It's hard for me to consider it an actual tease, idk. It sort of feels like we let ourselves down and blame the trailer rather than ourselves.

Ridley on the other hand... oh god that teasing lol
I agree with this. I doubt thatwas intended as a tease. The real Mewtwo tease was when someone asked if Mewtwo was going to be in SSB4 at E3 2013 and Sakurai (who was in the audience; it was a Pokémon XY roundtable) said they were thinking about it. Why offer the information if not for a tease?

But I will grant the grey-and-purple Greninja recolor is a bit of a slap in the face...

EDIT:
There is, however, a darker side to all this. There's an unwritten rule in marketing: "Never give your customer everything they want." The reason is simple: We'll never ask for more.
True, but just because something appears doesn't mean it will return. We'll still ask for them to continue being included. Also helps Nintendo if they make a point of bringing back cuts as DLC.

And another unwritten rule in marketing is: "Don't piss off your fanbase, and then insult them when they're complaining about not getting what they want."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom