• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
except it also satys hes wingless so its not exactly the same. also items and hazardous stages appear in 90% of fighting games bro. check your facts.
He can "grow" wings with his up B. Not exactly much of a redesign. Plus several people have theorized that his wings are actually folded. Also, items and hazardous stages are in 90% of fighting games? Are you joking? I guess if you very loosely stretch the meaning of "stage hazard" to mean walls, then yeah I guess a few 3D fighters have them, but very very few fighting games have items (as in, randomly appearing stuff that you can pick up and use). You do realize Smash having stage hazards and items was one of the big reasons why there was a debate over it being a fighting game? And yes, I do think Smash is a fighting game so don't take this as me opening that can of worms, I'm just pointing out that these aren't common features to fighting games.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I have one question and one question alone is Tower of Smash connected to the Smash World leak. Cheers.
The guy who put out the Smash World rumor wasn't the same man I believe, he probably just tagged along

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I swear to god if tomorrow is another crappy POTD about the 3ds i'm gonna flip the table.... like seriously nobody cares about that version because it's in everyone's hands already... We need info on the wii u version specially with so few time left for the release.... I mean if they want to build hype for that version, now it's a good time, not one week before release lol

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I swear to god if tomorrow is another crappy POTD about the 3ds i'm gonna flip the table.... like seriously nobody cares about that version because it's in everyone's hands already... We need info on the wii u version specially with so few time left for the release.... I mean if they want to build hype for that version, now it's a good time, not one week before release lol
I am still waiting for Sakurai to go back to his funny pictures you know like he said he would. And oh yeah why has he still not addressed Ridley I mean come on man if he's a boss then that's just Cruel.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
To be honest, the main part of this leak I want to be true is Ridley and Mewtwo.

I Feel like after all the teasing (especially with Ridley), Sakurai kind of owes it to the fans who have been waiting for these guys for a long time now. Not to mention, relax alax (a guy who could care less of ridley) said that the only thing going against Ridley at this point is if Sakurai/Smash team have faulty beliefs (thinking that non-playable ridley is what we want), or are just insensitive to fans and/or hate the series/character/fanbase.

Also Metroid defiantly, DEFINITELY needs a new rep. Seriously, three games and we've had the same character......twice? If Metroid is such a important franchise to Nintendo, why dose it always have such bad representation in smash?

I just hope we get something, anything on minday that hints that these guys and the other 3 are coming....

And yes I called monday minday.
Minda4life.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
To be honest, the main part of this leak I want to be true i s Ridley and Mewtwo.

Feel like after all the teasing (especially with Ridley), Sakurai kind of owes it to the fans who have been waiting for these guys for a long time now.

Also Metroid defiantly, DEFINITELY needs a new rep. Seriously, three games and we've had the same character......twice? If Metroid is such a important franchise to Nintendo, why dose it always have such bad representation in smash?

I just hope we get something, anything on minday that hints that these guys and the other 3 are coming....

I hate that we haven't got Ridley.
I hate that we lost Lucas and Wolf.
I hate we lost the Ice Climbers entire series.
I hate that Pokémon now has one less from Brawl and not getting Mewtwo back while Mario sits at 8.
I need Tower of Smash/World too be real.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Anyway, THE GAME IS OUT. Anybody who thinks more characters are coming is fooling themselves. We may see DLC eventually, but that's about it, and likely only as a way to hype new games as they release during the Wii U's console generation. I can just see that: Nintendo Direct announces release date for the new Star Fox game? Oh btw you can download Wolf in Smash now, $3.99. Pokemon get's it's first Wii U game? Here ya go, Mewtwo is $5.99.

If that type of thing doesn't happen, the roster is final.
I don't see how we could be 'fooling' ourselves. I mean, there is some evidence going for this leak, and future updates/DLC.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I don't see how we could be 'fooling' ourselves. I mean, there is some evidence going for this leak, and future updates/DLC.
True.
Not to mention, the Wii U version needs something to hype it up to the general audience, and let's face it, no new mode or story or whatever is going to get any regular chaps to get the game. It would defiantly help for the dedicated smash fans and Nintendo fans, but the thing that will get the attention of other people (aka the majority of consumers) is characters. End of the day, that's all people seem to care about. And what better way then to have some exclusive characters. Also, it would encourage people to buy both versions of the game if they want the full roster on both, thus more sales for Nintendo. it's a pretty smart business strategy in my eyes.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The Wii U has no characters that have been hyped other than maybe Ridley and if Ice climbers were in there would anyone complain. NO they would be happy the Wii U also has Events which I sorely miss in the 3DS version.
Er, I really doubt Ridley and Ice Climbers would be the only ones to bring hype to the hypothetical Wii U roster. lol

Maybe for the hardcore Smash Bros fandom (ie the ones invested in the communities and the fandom itself), there would be hype. But for the masses, there's characters that would be a much bigger deal than Ridley and Ice Climbers.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Er, I really doubt Ridley and Ice Climbers would be the only ones to bring hype to the hypothetical Wii U roster. lol

Maybe for the hardcore Smash Bros fandom (ie the ones invested in the communities and the fandom itself), there would be hype. But for the masses, there's characters that would be a much bigger deal than Ridley and Ice Climbers.
CoughMewtwoCough

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
The Wii U has no characters that have been hyped other than maybe Ridley and if Ice climbers were in there would anyone complain. NO they would be happy the Wii U also has Events which I sorely miss in the 3DS version.
Wait, the Wii U version has events? How do you know this?

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is a boss, text files in the 3ds version place him next to Smash Run enemies and hazards from the Wii U version like Nabbit, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil. That is undebatable. However, we don't know if he can be unlocked by beating him in is boss form so you can play as him, ala King Dedede in Air Ride.
There's also data for Ice Climbers so I don't think that's solid proof of anything. There's reused SSE data there too, which could explain Ridley beig mentioned in with those enemies at all. I don't think data mining is as fool proof as you may think, especially if they want Ridley to be a surprise. Not saying it'll turn out like people want, but still. Beating him as a boss unlocking him would be cool, though.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
There's also data for Ice Climbers so I don't think that's solid proof of anything. There's reused SSE data there too, which could explain Ridley beig mentioned in with those enemies at all. I don't think data mining is as fool proof as you may think, especially if they want Ridley to be a surprise. Not saying it'll turn out like people want, but still. Beating him as a boss unlocking him would be cool, though.
What is the reused SSE data? The SSE enemies in smash run?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What is the reused SSE data? The SSE enemies in smash run?
Unused leftover data from Brawl, it even had both Ridley and Meta Ridley along with the other SSE bosses. But if I recall, that was a different file, not related to Smash Run I think?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
To be honest, the main part of this leak I want to be true is Ridley and Mewtwo.

I Feel like after all the teasing (especially with Ridley), Sakurai kind of owes it to the fans who have been waiting for these guys for a long time now. Not to mention, relax alax (a guy who could care less of ridley) said that the only thing going against Ridley at this point is if Sakurai/Smash team have faulty beliefs (thinking that non-playable ridley is what we want), or are just insensitive to fans and/or hate the series/character/fanbase.

Minda4life.
I too want Mewtwo and Ridley. But I don't believe Sakurai "owes" us. And while yes he handled the Ridley situation terribly, he didn't tease him as playable (which I think is what you're implying). While it is disappointing that NONE of the BIG 3 made it as playable (as far as we know), he doesn't really owe us per say.

Overall, I doubt the Wii U is coming with any of the Frightful Five, but DLC might give us them.

robot067

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684

N

Minda4life.
It would be really weird if there wasn't some kind of transfer with newcomers, and if there isn't Ridley, then I dunno what there is. Ridley is easily one of the most requested newcomers ever, so it would just be really weird if he's not in. Ridley's chances of being playable are like 90%. And yeah, metroid really does need a new rep.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
It would be really weird if there wasn't some kind of transfer with newcomers, and if there isn't Ridley, then I dunno what there is. Ridley is easily one of the most requested newcomers ever, so it would just be really weird if he's not in. Ridley's chances of being playable are like 90%. And yeah, metroid really does need a new rep.
it wouldent be that weird for ridley not being in i mean technecly either way he's in wii u version but being playable wouldent be weird since sakurai dosent listen to the outcrys all the time

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
it wouldent be that weird for ridley not being in i mean technecly either way he's in wii u version but being playable wouldent be weird since sakurai dosent listen to the outcrys all the time
If putting Shulk in the game wasn't listening to outcrys, then i dont know what it was. Besides, Ridley and Mewtwo are requested for years already, it's not like they are random recent requests or something.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
If putting Shulk in the game wasn't listening to outcrys, then i dont know what it was. Besides, Ridley and Mewtwo are requested for years already, it's not like they are random recent requests or something.
i said not all the time only sometimes plus he's little bit bias but he deserves it

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Exactly, they are characters that are owned by Nintendo, have prominent roles in the series they are from, and are extreme fan favorites.

Also they aren't Goku or Shrek.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'm just crossing my fingers that tomorrow we get another wii u potd and not a 3ds one...

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I'm just crossing my fingers that tomorrow we get another wii u potd and not a 3ds one...
your hopeing to much of sakurai altho if we do you can prank me

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Or a really bad one like.....

"Pic of the day. Did you know that there are more trophies on the wii u version than the 3ds? Amazing, huh?"

Oh god, I can actually see that becoming real......

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I get the feeling we're going to have at least one more full week of 3DS PotDs with nothing confirming or denying this leak... If you think about it, we've created a very difficult situation for Sakurai. If he posts anything included in the leak, many of us will take it as an implicit guarantee that the rest will follow. This is a lose/lose situation - if it's true, then he gives away all the secrets at once. If it's false, then we wind up blaming him for false promises he didn't actually make.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm calling it's going to be another conquest pic just to annoy us I really want him to address Pyroshpere I mean when did we last here about It again?
The Smash Direct was the last time it was ever directly addressed to. After that, it only ever popped up in a few trailers and some POTDs.

Same thing with that pokemon stage on the wii u, the one that blaziken is on. Seriously, what's up with these two stages?

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling we're going to have at least one more full week of 3DS PotDs with nothing confirming or denying this leak... If you think about it, we've created a very difficult situation for Sakurai. If he posts anything included in the leak, many of us will take it as an implicit guarantee that the rest will follow. This is a lose/lose situation - if it's true, then he gives away all the secrets at once. If it's false, then we wind up blaming him for false promises he didn't actually make.
The thing is, we are getting closer and closer to the wii u release date and it doesn't benefit Sakurai to keep avoiding delivering info about the wii u version to us and make us want it and buy it. If he keeps talking about the 3ds like if it was the only game version that exists, it hurts little by little the interests of ppl on the other version. Just a little, but it does hurt it, it's not smart.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The Smash Direct was the last time it was ever directly addressed to. After that, it only ever popped up in a few trailers and some POTDs.

Same thing with that pokemon stage on the wii u, the one that blaziken is on. Seriously, what's up with these two stages?
Pyrosphere never mentioned often because of Ridley and that Pokémon league stage because of Mewtwo......... Mother of Groose it all makes sense

I really hope Groose is a stag hazard on Skyloft similar to a combination of Midna and Olimars final smash if he grabs you. well this gif provides my point perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom