• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Corrected my post. Impa's a possibility then. I do agree that in the end only Sakurai knows what's going to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't make a guess based off likelyhood. I'd say a character already having a trophy decreases their likelyhood because that's never happened before in Smash, and sounds like a strange thing to break tradition on. What would the trophies you get for beating Classic mode even be called? Mewtwo (Classic) or something? That would make those trophies look very out of place compared to the rest.
Sound the alarm, guys, a trophy doesn't line up with the others. How are we expected to enjoy the game now? (Sarcasm)

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
lol thinking patterns exist in smash besides pokemon and fire emblem ones also @ T Tamagon they could easily make it in a connectivity patch where the dxie trophy right now is given a subtitle. get that through your head. patterns do not exist in smash.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Right now i just see pointless conversation, things that has been already clarified and ppl who don't read previous pages on the thread are asking things that were already answered and discussed, let's not fill pages with unecessary comments and lets wait for PotD and actual leaks that helps or destroys the rumors, that way we can keep pages for real talk.

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
I don't think a trophy deconfirms characters to be honest. What if they left trophies in for say, Mewtwo, as teasers? To make people think they weren't coming? I mean the Koopalings are random collectable trophies but they're playable. They have announcer voice clips and their own voices. I don't think it's a stretch to think some trophies could be of playable characters that the Wii U has initially or are dlc later.
The Koopalings are alts. They have different voice clips, but in the end they are still alts. I guess it's possible that the trophies are teasers, though I would think all the ToS characters would be trophies if that were the case. Ridley would be by far the biggest thing to tease but he's nowhere in sight.

Sound the alarm, guys, a trophy doesn't line up with the others. How are we expected to enjoy the game now? (Sarcasm)
"Sound the alarm guys, the CSS is weird about placement. How are we expected to enjoy the game now? This must mean more characters!"

Neither really hurts the game, but both look unprofessional.

lol thinking patterns exist in smash besides pokemon and fire emblem ones also @ T Tamagon they could easily make it in a connectivity patch where the dxie trophy right now is given a subtitle. get that through your head. patterns do not exist in smash.
Sure, but why would they bother implementing the trophies to begin with only to have to edit them via patch? Also, patterns (better termed as "reoccuring design elements") do exist in Smash. Adjustable difficulty, hazardous stages, etc all fall under that category. So does you needing to play as a character to actually get their classic trophy, which has been the case in Melee, Brawl, and as it currently stands, Smash 4 3DS.

domokl

Smash Lord
The Koopalings are alts. They have different voice clips, but in the end they are still alts. I guess it's possible that the trophies are teasers, though I would think all the ToS characters would be trophies if that were the case. Ridley would be by far the biggest thing to tease but he's nowhere in sight.

"Sound the alarm guys, the CSS is weird about placement. How are we expected to enjoy the game now? This must mean more characters!"

Neither really hurts the game, but both look unprofessional.

Sure, but why would they bother implementing the trophies to begin with only to have to edit them via patch? Also, patterns (better termed as "reoccuring design elements") do exist in Smash. Adjustable difficulty, hazardous stages, etc all fall under that category. So does you needing to play as a character to actually get their classic trophy, which has been the case in Melee, Brawl, and as it currently stands, Smash 4 3DS.
you are comparing things that always appear in a fighting game to things that dont. also nintendos smart enough to know thst leaving their trphys out would raise suspicion.

Wombo194

Smash Rookie
you are comparing things that always appear in a fighting game to things that dont. also nintendos smart enough to know thst leaving their trphys out would raise suspicion.
Or maybe they just don't care or didn't think about it.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
As for Ridley not being there as a trophy what if it's because having him there would be more suspicious? Because I believe he's a new Smash-designed Ridley to help him better work as playable. Mostly on all fours when grounded, for example. Like Master Cores beast form. So if they had a trophy of this new composite Ridley it'd be a red flag because why redesign Ridley when they could have just used any existing version? Especially when no boss hazard has diverged from source material thus far? Only things that are tweaked or redesigned are playable characters. Just a possibility, but it makes some sense if it turns out he's on the roster.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
As for Ridley not being there as a trophy what if it's because having him there would be more suspicious? Because I believe he's a new Smash-designed Ridley to help him better work as playable. Mostly on all fours when grounded, for example. Like Master Cores beast form. So if they had a trophy of this new composite Ridley it'd be a red flag because why redesign Ridley when they could have just used any existing version? Especially when no boss hazard has diverged from source material thus far? Only things that are tweaked or redesigned are playable characters. Just a possibility, but it makes some sense if it turns out he's on the roster.
Possible, but also equally possible that Ridley's trophy is on the Wii U version and he ends up being a stage boss. After all, the point you're making has some similarities to those who thought teasing a stage hazard/boss would never happen but were dis-proven with Metalface. However, I don't believe that's what you meant.

It definitely does make just as much sense if he's playable compared to just a boss. Honestly, just a month and 10 days and we'll soon find out Ridley's (and hopefully other character's) roles.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Possible, but also equally possible that Ridley's trophy is on the Wii U version and he ends up being a stage boss. After all, the point you're making has some similarities to those who thought teasing a stage hazard/boss would never happen but were dis-proven with Metalface. However, I don't believe that's what you meant.

It definitely does make just as much sense if he's playable compared to just a boss. Honestly, just a month and 10 days and we'll soon find out Ridley's (and hopefully other character's) roles.
How do we know Metal Face isn't a character?

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
Hazardous stages aren't exactly things that appear in all fighting games. Items would be another reoccuring element that other fighting games tend to not have. I'm comparing elements that appear in Smash games, bro. Besides, you're suggesting they implemented trophies just to lead people to think we won't be getting them as DLC? Why not trophies for all the ToS leak characters, then?

Okay I should make this clear and state that I am not saying Ridley will not get in. My main point of contention all along is with the ToS leak (and the Smash World leak I guess but it p. much piggybacks off ToS). It's possible that Ridley could get a redesign; but the ToS leak says that it's his Other M design, so that argument would not apply to the leak.

domokl

Smash Lord
Hazardous stages aren't exactly things that appear in all fighting games. Items would be another reoccuring element that other fighting games tend to not have. I'm comparing elements that appear in Smash games, bro. Besides, you're suggesting they implemented trophies just to lead people to think we won't be getting them as DLC? Why not trophies for all the ToS leak characters, then?

Okay I should make this clear and state that I am not saying Ridley will not get in. My main point of contention all along is with the ToS leak (and the Smash World leak I guess but it p. much piggybacks off ToS). It's possible that Ridley could get a redesign; but the ToS leak says that it's his Other M design, so that argument would not apply to the leak.
except it also satys hes wingless so its not exactly the same. also items and hazardous stages appear in 90% of fighting games bro. check your facts.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

To be fair, MetalFace wasn't an iconic, requested character stemming from a franchise that's been present in Smash since 64 with only one character representative over three games. Ridley was. Also, Ridley's suspicious shadow was seen in actual gameplay, while MetalFace's was in the trailer. With Ridley, we have a confirmation that he will serve a purpose other than a trophy. We don't have that for MetalFace.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
except it also satys hes wingless so its not exactly the same. also items and hazardous stages appear in 90% of fighting games bro. check your facts.
It's possible that wingless wasn't literal and that he merely folds them down onto his back when not in use, unlike Charizard whose wings are spread eagle for the world to see even when standing.

How do we know Metal Face isn't a character?
As long as Ridley/Mewtwo are there I'd not mind this. Yeah he'd have to be tweaked and scaled, but I've never cared about that before. I know the spoiler that goes along with why some say this wouldn't work, but they could just say he's a straight up Mechon since it doesn't have to follow canon. It'd be a good way to have an extra villain character and represent the large robots associated with Xenoblade Chronicles, X, and the whole Xeno series in general.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
To be fair, MetalFace wasn't an iconic, requested character stemming from a franchise that's been present in Smash since 64 with only one character representative over three games. Ridley was. Also, Ridley's suspicious shadow was seen in actual gameplay, while MetalFace's was in the trailer. With Ridley, we have a confirmation that he will serve a purpose other than a trophy. We don't have that for MetalFace.
Agreed. My whole point with MetalFace was simply that the argument for hyping up a stage hazard/boss fight is as outlandish as some might think. Venom's theory earlier in the thread gave off vibes similar to this (but not quite like it). Still, like I said, anything can and will happen. We'll just have to way and see what happens.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think comparing ridley with metalface isn't helping,I mean in the end of :4megaman:trailer they teased yellow devil as a boss,but in the end of :4palutena: trailer they teased :4darkpit: as a character,it can be anyone game.

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I think comparing ridley with metalface isn't helping,I mean in the end of :4megaman:trailer they teased yellow devil as a boss,but in the end of :4palutena: trailer they teased :4darkpit: as a character,it can be anyone game.
Well, it was obvious that the Yellow Devil was going to be a boss, and people just thought Dark Pit was going to be either a stage boss, or an alternate costume for Pit, I think.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
In this pic it says it is a cloned version of ridley so that could mean that we could have both ridley as a boss and a character right?

Attachments

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
In this pic it says it is a cloned version of ridley so that could mean that we could have both ridley as a boss and a character right?
That would actually be a really good idea if they did that. It would confuse alot of people, though.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
pretty sure this has been said before but can the boss be meta or omega ridley and we play as other m ridley

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
If 2 Ridleys were to co-exist (as one being playable and another as boss), it would make far more sense if Other M Ridley is the boss considering the stage's origins. It wouldn't make sense to have other forms of Ridley being the boss of Pyrosphere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ridley is a boss, text files in the 3ds version place him next to Smash Run enemies and hazards from the Wii U version like Nabbit, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil. That is undebatable. However, we don't know if he can be unlocked by beating him in is boss form so you can play as him, ala King Dedede in Air Ride.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Has pyrosphere ever been playable before as part of a demo or tournament hosted by nintendo?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
But are those two Ridleys from other m
He had two other forms in Other M but one looks nothing like Ridley (baby form) and his other form is kind of pre-adult form. They both wouldn't work as a boss for Pyrosphere. Meta Ridley and original Ridley are not in Other M, as the real Ridley is actually already dead.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It´s me or we constantly do a circle in our conversation ?

-New leak
-People who trust or not the leak
-Debate the leak
-Discution for the big 3
-Evidence/debunk
-Repeat

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm pretty sure from comparing the shadow to the final other M design, looking over the shadow analysis, and watching WiiDude83Rebirth's video, I'm pretty sure that the Ridley we saw was the other M concept art Ridley:

And if that's the case, then the leaker was still right about it being other m ridley.
Also, if it's this design, there is no excuse on why he can't be playable. They wouldn't make a new model of Ridley if he was just a boss, especially when they already have the other m final design. It just doesn't add up to me.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
It´s me or we constantly do a circle in our conversation ?

-New leak
-People who trust or not the leak
-Debate the leak
-Discution for the big 3
-Evidence/debunk
-Repeat
Which is why i will quote myself again:

Right now i just see pointless conversation, things that has been already clarified and ppl who don't read previous pages on the thread are asking things that were already answered and discussed, let's not fill pages with unecessary comments and lets wait for PotD and actual leaks that helps or destroys the rumors, that way we can keep pages for real talk.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Just thought of something... supposedly, every character has a stage this time around, but I noticed the leak's stage list is missing a Dr. Mario stage (and in triple-checking to make sure I didn't miss it, I just noticed 'Pilot Wings' is listed twice, same as 'Nintendo Land'). Thoughts?

Because I believe he's a new Smash-designed Ridley to help him better work as playable. Mostly on all fours when grounded, for example. Like Master Cores beast form.
I feel as though that's unlikely because the devs made a concerted effort to make this iteration's fighters stand more upright (they made it a point to show off how they changed Yoshi and Bowser in this way). That said, we still got a character on all fours (DHD), but I don't think this would represent Ridley's character well. Still, somebody many pages back posted a screenshot of a four-legged Ridley, so it's possible. I don't think they'd choose a design that only occurred once over the more traditional one, but who knows with Sakurai?

Ridley is a boss, text files in the 3ds version place him next to Smash Run enemies and hazards from the Wii U version like Nabbit, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil. That is undebatable. However, we don't know if he can be unlocked by beating him in is boss form so you can play as him, ala King Dedede in Air Ride.
Then why isn't he in 3DS? Does this suggest Pyrosphere will be later added to 3DS, featuring Ridley as a stage boss? Likewise, why is Metalface absent from 3DS? We already have Gaur Plains, and he's not in it. We may not be able to debate the fact that their names appear in that list, but the purpose of that list seems to be up in the air. Even if it is a list of NPC enemies, why bother putting it in the 3DS version if the two big guys aren't there? It has to be either DLC or cut development, and if it's the latter it could mean one or both (unlikely) were upgraded to playable status... more likely, they could have simply been made Wii U exclusive due to hardware limitations/development time crunch.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just thought of something... supposedly, every character has a stage this time around, but I noticed the leak's stage list is missing a Dr. Mario stage (and in triple-checking to make sure I didn't miss it, I just noticed 'Pilot Wings' is listed twice, same as 'Nintendo Land'). Thoughts?
Dr. Mario was originally an alt costume made playable at the last second so they likely didn't have time for a stage also when typing up like 50 stages you're bound to make a mistake or two

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Dr. Mario was originally an alt costume made playable at the last second
Point taken... I guess Lucina doesn't have her own stage, either. There's Underworld for Dark Pit, but maybe they were already working on it before they decided to add him in so it was a happy coincidence.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Yeah, why hasn't Pyrosphere been seen at all?
And the few times it has been seen, there has been no sign of a stage boss or Ridley at all.
If anything, there are those Purple tubes that were added to the bottom for some reason, and we know that both the black covers of those tubes and the lava disappear when in final destination mode.

Why is all this happening if Ridley is the stage hazard?
Also, if he was a stage boss, he would have an entrance, like yellow devil dose, and most likely, enter from the hole in the wall (the one he made while escaping Samus in other M).
However, the hole is present in both regular and Final destination versions of the stage, while the other possible hazards I mentioned aren't.

I don't know guys, the whole Ridley situation is too fishy for him to be just a stage boss.
He definitely looks like he will be playable.
And I'm sure if he is playable and plays the same way as the leaker mentioned, that basically confirms the leak.
Like how Shulk confirmed the August leak.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
But Pyrosphere isn't on the 3DS version.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I wonder if Monday we will get a stage reveal, or an update on a older stage like Pyrosphere.

That would be the judgement point of this leak

Thou likely hood is we will get some generic goof pic or some more smash Run stuff, as usual.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Point taken... I guess Lucina doesn't have her own stage, either. There's Underworld for Dark Pit, but maybe they were already working on it before they decided to add him in so it was a happy coincidence.
Well, we don't know if its Underworld from KI or LoZ. It could be either one.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Daily reminder that

MEWTWO AND RIDLEY ARE TOO HYPE FOR PETTY NONBELIEVERS!

On a serious note: remember that Sakurai is one heck of a troll game designer; there's likely a crap-ton of Red Herrings in the mix to keep us busy until he hits us with the unexpected.

I'm incredibly optimistic, as there may be no proof for this leak at the moment, but there's no way to truly DISprove it, either, meaning it has a chance at being valid.

And where there's a chance for validity

There's a chance for my Mewtwo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom