• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I already reported it to a Mod. Don't feed him and just keep conversing as normal.

Otherwise you're derailing the thread too.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
But the 3ds version gets classic mode and all-star mode and Smash Run....!! I mean, I'd much rather have smash run in the wii u version than tower of smash because it just seems like a lazy mode to me, unless I'm missing something important...?
Smash Run on the Wii U? No thanks. From what I've heard from other people, Smash Run seems like a really boring mode that's only fun the first time you play it. Tower of Smash combines Event Matches and Boss Battles (which both are absent from the 3DS version). And even if you don't like ToS, you can still do Tournament Mode, Break the Targets or Stage Builder. (If the leak is real of course..)

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
He's making a sarcastically pointless and obvious reply. There's no real purpose to it other than baiting people into a dumb argument. Just ignore it and discuss things as normal.

My problem with ToS is that it removes potentially many modes. Event Mode is one of them. On the other hand, it could be just a new variant of Event Mode, just with even more. A cool upgrade. There's other issues, like the lack of unlockables, imo. Not unbelievable, just silly to me.
I still think by unlocked from the start he meant that the Wii U version wouldn't need to be linked up to the 3DS version to gain access to them. Or perhaps they're unlocked at the start if you do happen to link them and unlocked them on the 3ds already? Perhaps with the 3DS version being out for two months by then they figure everyone will know the roster and would rather work on unlocking (hopefully) more customization options? Well it could also all be made up and the leak fake, but I'd rather keep my hopes up for those few extra characters.

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Smash Run on the Wii U? No thanks. From what I've heard from other people, Smash Run seems like a really boring mode that's only fun the first time you play it. Tower of Smash combines Event Matches and Boss Battles (which both are absent from the 3DS version). And even if you don't like ToS, you can still do Tournament Mode, Break the Targets or Stage Builder. (If the leak is real of course..)
What I meant with that is that I want also want a really unique mode for the wii u version (like SSE for brawl and smash run for smash 3ds) and ToS just doesn't seem that unique to me!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All I know is that I would give a leg for this thing to be real.
I don't even care about the characters in this regard, I just want Break the Targets and souped up Stage Builder.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think by unlocked from the start he meant that the Wii U version wouldn't need to be linked up to the 3DS version to gain access to them. Or perhaps they're unlocked at the start if you do happen to link them and unlocked them on the 3ds already? Perhaps with the 3DS version being out for two months by then they figure everyone will know the roster and would rather work on unlocking (hopefully) more customization options? Well it could also all be made up and the leak fake, but I'd rather keep my hopes up for those few extra characters.
That all makes a lot of sense to me, honestly. It's also possible he got an old build that has everything unlocked and he doesn't know that there were more conditions for unlocking in the final edition. Think of it like a Debug Mode game of sorts.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
The biggest issue I have is that you have to link the 3DS to the Wii U to get the extra characters. I don't have a 3DS so I guess I'm screwed on getting the extra characters, luckily for me my sister does own a 3DS so I'll be able to link my system with hers. I'm sure there are many people out there who don't own both. If this is also accessible by dlc then good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The biggest issue I have is that you have to link the 3DS to the Wii U to get the extra characters. I don't have a 3DS so I guess I'm screwed on getting the extra characters, luckily for me my sister does own a 3DS so I'll be able to link my system with hers. I'm sure there are many people out there who don't own both. If this is also accessible by dlc then good.
DLC will be guaranteed by that point.

I however do think that if there is a Data Transfer character thing, the rosters will be the same(so all 51 on the Wii U will be there with anyone new) unless you connect both to unlock them in both versions. If that's not the case, DLC. Even if it is, DLC probably will happen. The thing is, why this works, is if you buy either version, you get the same character experience no matter what. If you buy both, you get more characters, but you get the same character experience across both... no matter what.

I think DLC should be available if you don't buy both, but it's legitimately possible for it to not happen. However, with the backlash that could occur, I'd say you might as well consider it a very safe bet it'll happen. Assuming we get any new characters/returning vets at all.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd wager if characters come out on the Wii U initially to help sweeten the deal for people not really wanting to double dip or buy a Wii U when they're happy with the 3DS version, the characters would come out on the 3DS as dlc, an update, different ways it could happen. Now if they want these to help push Wii Us they may not come out right away on 3ds, hypothetically, but I'm sure they'd still come some how.

That all makes a lot of sense to me, honestly. It's also possible he got an old build that has everything unlocked and he doesn't know that there were more conditions for unlocking in the final edition. Think of it like a Debug Mode game of sorts.
I was thinking that too. If the leak is true and all this person had access to was a version of the game with everything unlocked right away, he may only know about these extra characters due to them not being on the 3DS and being unique in how one would need to obtain them.

Plus I don't know if I said before in this thread or not but in the 3ds WiiU menu it says it transfers over custom characters. Now what if you try to link them up before unlocking every character on the Wii U, but have them all unlocked on your 3DS? Would they just not transfer over your characters, or would they just unlock what you had right away? I personally think it'd make more sense to unlock them since you more or less have proof you got them already. Now what if these supposed Wii U characters were all on the starting roster for Wii U? It'd make sense to transfer them to the 3ds as an unlock, if they exist. That's my train of thought, at least.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking that too. If the leak is true and all this person had access to was a version of the game with everything unlocked right away, he may only know about these extra characters due to them not being on the 3DS and being unique in how one would need to obtain them.
Exactly. Game testers or those with beta copies don't know who is unlockable or not. The ERSB leak had everyone, for instance.

Plus I don't know if I said before in this thread or not but in the 3ds WiiU menu it says it transfers over custom characters. Now what if you try to link them up before unlocking every character on the Wii U, but have them all unlocked on your 3DS? Would they just not transfer over your characters, or would they just unlock what you had right away? I personally think it'd make more sense to unlock them since you more or less have proof you got them already. Now what if these supposed Wii U characters were all on the starting roster for Wii U? It'd make sense to transfer them to the 3ds as an unlock, if they exist. That's my train of thought, at least.
Makes perfect sense to me, too. I honestly can't wait to see. I'm very glad I'm getting both versions myself. Even if there's no new characters outside of DLC, I love the ability to transfer customs over. I might farm them on the Wii U version since the controls are more usable to me.

Either way, I feel like a winner in this ordeal. :)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That post from Mr.Prince is definitely interesting.

If this is legit, it would explain why TOS isn't listed among the other modes (as Smash World is a 3DS mode). This could turn out fake very easily, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic until we know more.

One thing is for sure in my mind, Nintendo has something up their sleeve for the Wii U version.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
The thing that makes question the Mr.Prince leak was what happened with MotherF******Leaker, where he had some legit info at first, but then added on the dlc and unlockable characters at the end to screw with everyone. The Issac, Wonder Red, and Splatoon stuff seems like bull to me. But then again, he might be telling the whole truth. Only time will tell.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The thing that makes question the Mr.Prince leak was what happened with MotherF******Leaker, where he had some legit info at first, but then added on the dlc and unlockable characters at the end to screw with everyone. The Issac, Wonder Red, and Splatoon stuff seems like bull to me. But then again, he might be telling the whole truth. Only time will tell.
What makes me super skeptical is him claiming DLC is planned, when Sakurai specifically said they wouldn't be thinking about it until both versions of the game are out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What makes me super skeptical is him claiming DLC is planned, when Sakurai specifically said they wouldn't be thinking about it until both versions of the game are out.
Lucina was a costume first. He changed his mind. I think it's believable, but outside of characters first appearing on the Wii U or Data Transfer, I believe any DLC character won't be released till quite a long time after the Wii U version. Courses may be released soon, since they probably take faster to make.

DLC clones aside.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Mr Prince admitted he was wrong about Wonder Red and later claimed he's an AT. Read the rest of his post history, it just reeks of trolling.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Am I the only one who thinks the tower of smash mode is really boring? It sound waaay more boring than Smash Run imo... It just sounds like some sort of classic mode- boss battles mode mixture!
Once again, I agree with this. So much potiential for an awesome multiplayer mode... But then we get this.
I love how people are turning on the actualy ToS mode itself.
It's a ghetto all-star or a rip-off classic mode.. like.. excuse me? How?

Guess what; the game's basic mechanic is fighting--
OBVIOUSLY the game modes are going to revolve around that fact...
And you can STILL be fighting in stuff like Smash Run, Adventure Mode, etc...

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling that a pic of the day this week will either confirm the leak, or destroy it. Like, if Sakurai reveals something that has the same concept as the ToS, but with a different name, then it's real. If he reveals a different game mode in it's entirety, then, it's fake, or, there's two game modes for the Wii U version, which, I doubt.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I have a feeling that a pic of the day this week will either confirm the leak, or destroy it. Like, if Sakurai reveals something that has the same concept as the ToS, but with a different name, then it's real. If he reveals a different game mode in it's entirety, then, it's fake, or, there's two game modes for the Wii U version, which, I doubt.
Yeah. I have this strange feeling this week will be judgement week for this leak. It can go either way at this point.

domokl

Smash Lord
nah next week will be more menu pics of conquest mode:troll:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Unless Sakurai goes into ultra-super-amazing troll mode and posts 3DS PotDs every day of the week...I'm not even joking, he seems to be avoiding to post wii u PotD every time he can.... I don't know how this man keeps doing this when we have absolutely no info whatsoever about the wii u version other than barely 3 confirmed stages, but nothing about modes or anything bigger than that...Anyways, i really hope he stops doing that or updates us BIG on the wii u version already, we are close to the release date already after all.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Unless Sakurai goes into ultra-super-amazing troll mode and posts 3DS PotDs every day of the week...I'm not even joking, he seems to be avoiding to post wii u PotD every time he can.... I don't know how this man keeps doing this when we have absolutely no info whatsoever about the wii u version other than barely 3 confirmed stages, but nothing about modes or anything bigger than that...Anyways, i really hope he stops doing that or updates us BIG on the wii u version already, we are close to the release date already after all.
I'd imagine there might be a Smash Wii U that covers alot of stuff, but, still, Sakurai could be the troll like he sometimes is.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm still predicting a direct on the 31st of October, where all the big info will be revealed. The way I see it, next week is Ganondorf, rob and game & Watch. The week after is Bowser jr, duck hunt and jigglypuff and then the direct the following week

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I'm still predicting a direct on the 31st of October, where all the big info will be revealed. The way I see it, next week is Ganondorf, rob and game & Watch. The week after is Bowser jr, duck hunt and jigglypuff and then the direct the following week
Hopefully secret characters have nothing to do with how often the Wii U info gets released by Sakurai, specially because everyone has unlocked every character by now already, so it would be a silly reason to delay news on the wii u version....
I do agree on the direct tho, but i also think we will be getting more potds confirming important stuff.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
That's what I feel may happen.

Also, I like who this week they put Dr. Mario and Dark Pit out. It's like it was clone week or something.
Maybe next week will be odd ball week, and we'l have G&W, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt.
and then the last week will be veteran week with JigglyPuff and Ganondorf.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's what I feel may happen.

Also, I like who this week they put Dr. Mario and Dark Pit out. It's like it was clone week or something.
Maybe next week will be odd ball week, and we'l have G&W, R.O.B. and Duck Hunt.
and then the last week will be veteran week with JigglyPuff and Ganondorf.
But they're doing it in the order you unlock them, G&W, ROB and ganondorf are definately next week. Unless sakurai wants to stretch out reveals for another week and just do ganondorf and rob

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah , its definitly strange ... Just 10 stage/~40-60 ... No new mode ... Not even a menu pic from the Wii u ... And the Way he say "working a lot on the Wii u version" but show nothing ... He troll us .

I dont know if i'm the only One who thinking That ...

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Yeah , its definitly strange ... Just 10 stage/~40-60 ... No new mode ... Not even a menu pic from the Wii u ... And the Way he say "working a lot on the Wii u version" but show nothing ... He troll us .
He probably already finished making the game, so, he's just probably trolling us at this point, it seems.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah , he probably finish the game , that´S maybe why the French champion Will have the game the 2 november

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
But really , just 1.5 month before the relase but we know nothing in the game , that's the first time a see this in my gamer life ( Or not really , Final Fantasy Versus XIII XV do it , we know nothing of it ....)

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
There's no way they haven't finished the game unless they're working on a day 1 patch. The game would've had to go to be pressed and made for distribution weeks ago.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
There's no way they haven't finished the game unless they're working on a day 1 patch. The game would've had to go to be pressed and made for distribution weeks ago.
This. My guess is that he is working on more and more content for the DLCs coming later, but the standard version of the game is already completed, or at least about 90% already, no less than that.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
This. My guess is that he is working on more and more content for the DLCs coming later, but the standard version of the game is already completed, or at least about 90% already, no less than that.
That's most likely the case, but it doesn't explain why Europe and Japan get the game a month after, though.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I have always said that it's a smart idea for Nintendo to have unlockable stuff that people actually care about (IE characters) behind linking the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game. This was a tremendously successful strategy in the mid and late 90s. I don't think much has changed since then in this regard. And I don't see it as a negative thing. It adds incentive and it makes you want to interact between versions, which is cool. I always thought having version specific Pokemon in those games to be really cool in the past since you had to physically link the two versions to trade things. It added a cool dynamic to playing with your friends and it made school a lot more fun haha. It may be a creation of a bygone era but I don't think the creation itself is antiquated.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
That's most likely the case, but it doesn't explain why Europe and Japan get the game a month after, though.
My easy guess is that since the 3Ds version got first in japan, they decided it would be fair to do the same thing this time giving the Wii U version first to US. Also, it's actually less than a month of time difference between the release dates this time, the 3ds version was a way longer wait between japan and the rest of our regions.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
My easy guess is that since the 3Ds version got first in japan, they decided it would be fair to do the same thing this time giving the Wii U version first to US. Also, it's actually less than a month of time difference between the release dates this time, the 3ds version was a way longer wait between japan and the rest of our regions.
And for the Europe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom