• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's most likely the case, but it doesn't explain why Europe and Japan get the game a month after, though.
Japan got smash 3DS on september 13th and we got it on the 3rd of october

The US gets smash wii u on the 21st of november, europe gets it on the 5th of december and japan on the 6th

That seems fair to me (Except for us in europe :mad::grrr:)

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
And for the Europe ?
If there was a third game, maybe they would do that lol. Or maybe some DLCs will be coming first for Europe. To be honest i wouldn't be suprised. Hyrule warriors got a special edition of the game on Europe only. What can I say, Nintendo works the way they like to. But anyways, this is just how i see things, if you want to know the real reason then just ask Sakurai directly lol, there is no other way to know why.

Japan got smash 3DS on september 13th and we got it on the 3rd of october

The US gets smash wii u on the 21st of november, europe gets it on the 5th of december and japan on the 6th

That seems fair to me (Except for us in europe :mad::grrr:)
The difference of time is still not that big, i mean EU gets the game one day before japan does, and between 21st Nov and 5th of Dec there's only like 2 weeks of wait, while the 3ds version between japan and the rest of regions was like 20 days. I think they are being more than fair with us this time, specially when they are getting it last in japan.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
If there was a third game, maybe they would do that lol. Or maybe some DLCs will be coming first for Europe. To be honest i wouldn't be suprised. Hyrule warriors got a special edition of the game on Europe only. What can I say, Nintendo works the way they like to. But anyways, this is just how i see things, if you want to know the real reason then just ask Sakurai directly lol, there is no other way to know why.
Honestly I think this is one of the decisions for Smash that didn't involve him. Nintendo knows their console player base is much larger in America whereas their portable player base is much larger in Japan. It was probably some Distribution VP's decision to make the release happen earlier in America to try and hit the market for Black Friday.

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think this is one of the decisions for Smash that didn't involve him. Nintendo knows their console player base is much larger in America whereas their portable player base is much larger in Japan. It was probably some Distribution VP's decision to make the release happen earlier in America to try and hit the market for Black Friday.
That would explain it pretty well, Japan loves portable consoles more than the rest of regions, while our regions are more focused on home consoles. That's why easily they don't mind getting the game 2 weeks later, it's gonna be less wait for them with the wii u version than what we had to wait for the 3ds version (around 20 days).

Last edited:

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
I completely forgot about black Friday. So, that seems like they did that because it would have the game get more sales, and Nintendo, more money.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
okay let me see if i got this right.
Tower of smash:Ridley,impa,dixie,Chorus kids,Mewtwo. Plus a new mode
Smash world:Ridley,impa,chorus kids,dixie,mewtwo,Isaac,Lucas,Wolf,Splatoon girl/boy. Plus a new mode

They both sound far-fetched especially smash world.I'm gonna keep believing ToS and give smash world the benefit of the doubt

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Smash world:Ridley,impa,chorus kids,dixie,mewtwo,Isaac,Lucas,Wolf,Splatoon girl/boy. Plus a new mode

They both sound far-fetched especially smash world.I'm gonna keep believing ToS and give smash world the benefit of the doubt
Yeah, Smash world is a bit much. I think 5 characters is already a lot but god damn, especially splatoon which is WAAAYYY too recent to be in smash

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman

The difference between those 2 is that we actually got already an announcer sound clip of "Smash World" while we don't have anything regarding Tower of Smash yet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Splatoon is rumoured to be DLC in 2015 in that supposed leak, which could make sense. I'm just praying it's right for Wonder Red.
Still even for DLC it's a bit too recent. Plus sakurai has said they aren't planning dlc until the game releases so I honestly can't bring myself to believe it at all

domokl

Smash Lord
Still even for DLC it's a bit too recent. Plus sakurai has said they aren't planning dlc until the game releases so I honestly can't bring myself to believe it at all
to be fair developers always say they arent planning dlc even when they are. also the smash 6 job listing thing confirms theyve been working on it since april.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I know it's wrong, I'm just hoping it's right. And realistically, releasing a DLC for Smash Bros at the same time as Splatoon would be huge marketing for a new IP for Nintendo.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Splatoon girl could easily be in a DLC later in the future when the game is not so recent.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, plans change during development. Alts upgraded to playable proves that.

To also be fair, any and all patches are DLC by design. So they clearly don't have an issue doing quick DLC if appropriate. I think major DLC is going to take a while to release, though. Namely, new characters or stages. A mode was day 1 DLC, though.(and free. It also came with a patch to fix some bugs)

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Ya he also said that the 3ds version wouldnt drag down the wii u and we all know how that turned out

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Question: If the TOS smash leaker comes back and gives us a sh*t ton of pics like the August leak did, what do you think the smash community will will do or react?

Personally, I see a repeat of August leak, with people going out of their way to try and debunk it again, then being hushed when it's all confirmed officially.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Question: If the TOS smash leaker comes back and gives us a sh*t ton of pics like the August leak did, what do you think the smash community will will do or react?

Personally, I see a repeat of August leak, with people going out of their way to try and debunk it again, then being hushed when it's all confirmed officially.
That would be like a dream come true, It would be amazing.

It'd also be hilarious seeing people trying to debunk it

Although It probably wouldn't happen after what happened to the ESRB leaker

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, Smash world is a bit much. I think 5 characters is already a lot but god damn, especially splatoon which is WAAAYYY too recent to be in smash
Splatoon is already a sleeper hit, though. It hasn't even received any substantial reveals since July and it's already gained a popular cult following. It's going to be a big new IP for Nintendo, it's really not that much of a stretch to think they'd want to market the game right off the bat.

That and I've been supporting her for a long long time so let me have this okay.

Splatoon girl could easily be in a DLC later in the future when the game is not so recent.
The name of the squid girls / boys is Inkling, by the way.

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly surprised that people have given either leak (both ToS and Smash World) much consideration. Granted, I don't pay much attention to Smash prerelease speculation, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtow having trophies alone is enough to make the leaks incredibly unlikely. Sure, playable characters have multiple trophies, but these are usually marked in parentheses, like "Samus (Varia Suit)". Trophies from beating Classic just has their name, which is the case for the Dixie, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men trophies. That's enough to put the leak in the BS folder, I think.

The leak being more detailed and specific doesn't make it more likely; it could also mean that the "leaker" was taking a risk and adding in more details to make people think it's more likely, because hey, "if he was faking it, why would he add in more details and risk himself getting debunked?" Apparently this sort of thing isn't common in the Smash community, but there's been several fakers who've done so in the Pokemon community. Plus, keep in mind, this leak came from 4chan, where you can stay anonymous. If something came out to disprove the ToS, then he could just make a new tripcode, come up with another leak, and people would be none the wiser.

As for Spainkiller's source, I still think the trophy argument still applies to it. "Well my friend who works at Nintendo said" isn't enough to convince me that someone as anal as Sakurai would make weird exceptions to a few characters for no good reason. And honestly, while we don't have all the models datamined, we do have all the images and icons, and absolutely zero sign of any of these characters, yet according to his friend he saw them while working on the 3DS version.

I do think it's possible for the 3DS to unlock more characters via connecting to the Wii U, but it's not going to be anyone who already has a trophy, and it's doubtful that the characters are going to be a who's who of what the internet wants in Smash. Prepare for a character or two that'll make people upset like Duck Hunt or Dark Pit. Possibly Dark Duck Hunt to advertise Duck Hunt Uprising, heh.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I do think it's possible for the 3DS to unlock more characters via connecting to the Wii U, but it's not going to be anyone who already has a trophy, and it's doubtful that the characters are going to be a who's who of what the internet wants in Smash. Prepare for a character or two that'll make people upset like Duck Hunt or Dark Pit. Possibly Dark Duck Hunt to advertise Duck Hunt Uprising, heh.
This is why I'm holding out hope for Ridley and Wonder Red.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly surprised that people have given either leak (both ToS and Smash World) much consideration. Granted, I don't pay much attention to Smash prerelease speculation, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Dixie, Chorus Men, and Impa having trophies alone is enough to make the leaks incredibly unlikely. Sure, playable characters have multiple trophies, but these are usually marked in parentheses, like "Samus (Varia Suit)". Trophies from beating Classic just has their name, which is the case for the Dixie, Chorus Men, and Impa trophies. That's enough to put the leak in the BS folder, I think.

The leak being more detailed and specific doesn't make it more likely; it could also mean that the "leaker" was taking a risk and adding in more details to make people think it's more likely, because hey, "if he was faking it, why would he add in more details and risk himself getting debunked?" Apparently this sort of thing isn't common in the Smash community, but there's been several fakers who've done so in the Pokemon community. Plus, keep in mind, this leak came from 4chan, where you can stay anonymous. If something came out to disprove the ToS, then he could just make a new tripcode, come up with another leak, and people would be none the wiser.

As for Spainkiller's source, I still think the trophy argument still applies to it. "Well my friend who works at Nintendo said" isn't enough to convince me that someone as anal as Sakurai would make weird exceptions to a few characters for no good reason. And honestly, while we don't have all the models datamined, we do have all the images and icons, and absolutely zero sign of any of these characters, yet according to his friend he saw them while working on the 3DS version.

Mewtwo does as well have a trophy

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and Impa having trophies alone is enough to make the leaks incredibly unlikely. Sure, playable characters have multiple trophies, but these are usually marked in parentheses, like "Samus (Varia Suit)". Trophies from beating Classic just has their name, which is the case for the Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Impa trophies. That's enough to put the leak in the BS folder, I think.
Well, Impa's trophy has a parenthesis around her, and its the Ocarina of Time one, so she still has a shot, if its the Skyward Sword design, and according to you, so does Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee.

But on a serious note, you decided to think trophies deconfirm a character. Its not wise to place your own imaginary rules as to why certain things can't happen. You aren't Sakurai, afterall.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Trophies means nothing. DLC has patches that can edit any data on the game. Them having a major NPC role is more likely to make the leak less likely. And even then it's more questionable. He's made separate programming for the same character before. There's two Rikis, two Toon Links, two Dark Lords...

Gotta wait and see. I do agree a character that is outright shown as an NPC is very unlikely, as with Toon Link, he's just a stage element but not a major one. Impossible is pushing it a bit, but saying "I doubt it" is not.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

"Reaction of the community in a nutshell if the leak is debunked ..."

"... If the leak is real "

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Trophies means nothing. DLC has patches that can edit any data on the game. Them having a major NPC role is more likely to make the leak less likely. And even then it's more questionable. He's made separate programming for the same character before. There's two Rikis, two Toon Links, two Dark Lords...

Gotta wait and see. I do agree a character that is outright shown as an NPC is very unlikely, as with Toon Link, he's just a stage element but not a major one. Impossible is pushing it a bit, but saying "I doubt it" is not.
[I'm replying to the thing in bold] Yeah, so, the DLC could just add the character, and if it has a trophy, they just could make it the trophy you get for completing classic mode, or something. So, the whole trophy argument is basically worthless if that happens.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
[I'm replying to the thing in bold] Yeah, so, the DLC could just add the character, and if it has a trophy, they just could make it the trophy you get for completing classic mode, or something. So, the whole trophy argument is basically worthless if that happens.
No ifs at this point. If Sakurai wanted to make any DLC characters, any trophy would be irrelevant. He can either made it so they slightly change their wording on the top, or give them new trophies. Of course, finding the trophy without getting the character(by them going through a Single Player mode) somewhat hurts their chances being on the base roster. Unless they're clones, at best. Dr. Mario's trophy could be obtained randomly in Melee. It was probably made before he became a clone.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just a question , but did any leak stay undebunk soo long right before the relases ?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Just a question , but did any leak stay undebunk soo long right before the relases ?
The only one I can think of is the Gematsu leak, though its a point of contention on whether it actually was.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only one I can think of is the Gematsu leak, though its a point of contention on whether it actually was.
I already say this in an Another thread but can it be the Gematsu leak had correct info but outdated ? Or the Mr.Prince change his version of the leak with new dated info ?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's blatantly real. Just not all of it could be trusted after Chrom was disconfirmed. We couldn't rely on it by that point. Some of it might've been outdated information. This explains the Mii and later him changing to Mii Fighters.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I know it's wrong, I'm just hoping it's right. And realistically, releasing a DLC for Smash Bros at the same time as Splatoon would be huge marketing for a new IP for Nintendo.
This. Make Splatoon Giel free DLC for Smash and you can add a 0 at the end of your sales.

domokl

Smash Lord
Splatoon is already a sleeper hit, though. It hasn't even received any substantial reveals since July and it's already gained a popular cult following. It's going to be a big new IP for Nintendo, it's really not that much of a stretch to think they'd want to market the game right off the bat.

That and I've been supporting her for a long long time so let me have this okay.

The name of the squid girls / boys is Inkling, by the way.
I wouldnt be surprised if as soon asd they saw the reaction to splatoon at e3 they started planning inkling for dlc lol/

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtow having trophies alone is enough to make the leaks incredibly unlikely. Sure, playable characters have multiple trophies, but these are usually marked in parentheses, like "Samus (Varia Suit)". Trophies from beating Classic just has their name, which is the case for the Dixie, Mewtwo, and Chorus Men trophies. That's enough to put the leak in the BS folder, I think.

I don't think a trophy deconfirms characters to be honest. What if they left trophies in for say, Mewtwo, as teasers? To make people think they weren't coming? I mean the Koopalings are random collectable trophies but they're playable. They have announcer voice clips and their own voices. I don't think it's a stretch to think some trophies could be of playable characters that the Wii U has initially or are dlc later.

Has anyone beaten classic on level 9 yet? When you do the challenge image that unlocks is ZSS fighting Master Cores beast form. I mention this because Master Cores beast form is exactly how I imagined Ridley standing if he was on the roster. Obviously bigger than what his shadow shown since Master Core is a large voide boss thing, but still. All fours, tail raised like a scorpion, attacks with claws, flies into the background and zooms into the screen like a final smash. Could be nothing but it gave me a little hope.

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
Well, Impa's trophy has a parenthesis around her, and its the Ocarina of Time one, so she still has a shot, and according to you, so does Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee.

But on a serious note, you decided to think trophies deconfirm a character. Its not wise to place your own imaginary rules as to why certain things can't happen. You aren't Sakurai, afterall.
Corrected my post. Impa's a possibility then. I do agree that in the end only Sakurai knows what's going to happen, but that doesn't mean we can't make a guess based off likelyhood. I'd say a character already having a trophy decreases their likelyhood because that's never happened before in Smash, and sounds like a strange thing to break tradition on. What would the trophies you get for beating Classic mode even be called? Mewtwo (Classic) or something? That would make those trophies look very out of place compared to the rest.

I do think it's plausible that a few months after the game comes out Nintendo could release, say, Dixie DLC on eShop which would patch her trophy. After all, Sakurai did say that he'd consider DLC after the game was already finished, so it would make sense why DLC characters would already have trophies. I don't think it's plausible in the case of 3DS to Wii U connectivity, though. Why program the Dixie trophy in, only to have the Wii U version patch it, remove it from your save file, and require you to re-obtain it by beating Classic Mode? It's extra work when they can just not put in the trophy. Surely by the time the 3DS was finalized, they would know what characters the Wii U version would unlock. It's only a month away.

The Toon Link thing is a decent point, but I don't think it's exactly comparable to trophies. As said above, let's say you beat classic with Dixie? What would you get? The trophy that's already in the game? The quality (along with Mewtow's) isn't on par with the playable trophies and it would make it look sloppy and out of place. After all, he put in Alfonzo to replace Toon Link if you're playing as him to avoid that sloppy feeling.

tl;dr - ToS is very likely BS. Wii U unlocking 3DS characters is up in the air but most likely won't be Dixie/Mewtwo/Chorus Men. eShop DLC is definitely possible but the Smash World "leak" isn't evidence for it when that's even more covered in the scent of BS for piggybacking off ToS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom