• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
TL;DR.

Tower Of Smash sounds like ghetto All-Star mode. I don't like it.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
How? It basically sounds like Allstar, but better, and with boss fights.
Yeah if anything it sounds more creative and fun, which i can't dislike to be honest. Better something new than something we have seen already.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
How? It basically sounds like Allstar, but better, and with boss fights.
So it's All-Star mode and Boss Battles mode? Sounds stupid. Smash Run sounds funner than this and I don't even like Smash Run. What are they gonna do with the original All-Star mode?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't know if it help but Tomorow and until the 2 november Nintendo Europe and Micromania ( French name Of Gameshop ) organize the Official national Tournament for smash bros 4 .
The 93 choosen for the Tournament Will do the Tournament in the Wii U version Like the invitational . I ask on phone if All character Will be disponible they say "yes" but un the detailled version Of the rules , say " Not All character Will be selectable" The winner Of the tournament won a 3ds limited édition SSB , a Wii U+ Mario Kart AND DIRECTLY THE 2 NOVEMBER SSB4U !! Why did they allow All character / newcomer but say not All character Will not be availible ?

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I don't know if it help but Tomorow and until the 2 november Nintendo Europe and Micromania ( French name Of Gameshop ) organize the Official national Tournament for smash bros 4 .
The 93 choosen for the Tournament Will do the Tournament in the Wii U version Like the invitational . I ask on phone if All character Will be disponible they say "yes" but un the detailled version Of the rules , say " Not All character Will be selectionable" . The winner Of the tournament won a 3ds limited édition SSB , a Wii U+ Mario Kart AND DIRECTLY THE 2 NOVEMBER SSB4U !! Why dis they allow All character / newcomer but say not All character Will not be availible
It will give us an idea.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The final round Of the Tournament Will be the 2 november at the "Paris Games Week" by the Way...the 2nd european show right before the gamecon .

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Is there solid proof that the Tower of Smash leaker is the same one that leaked the stage list?

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
You know, with the leak alive for this along, I think it adds some credibility to the leak. Anyone else think that as well?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So it's All-Star mode and Boss Battles mode? Sounds stupid. Smash Run sounds funner than this and I don't even like Smash Run. What are they gonna do with the original All-Star mode?
Yeah, I agree with most of this post. Tower of Smash is basically a longer Classic Mode.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Yes , the trip code ...
Thanks. I haven't been keeping up with this thread that well.

I guess that completely disproves the supposed 'confession' of the leak's falseness then, given the numbers seem to be different.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
You know, with the leak alive for this along, I think it adds some credibility to the leak. Anyone else think that as well?
Not really. I don't find this leak anymore credible than I did yesterday. While it isn't outright confirmed, there still isn't a whole lot making it believable. But hey, we'll find out with more info.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
Am I the only one who thinks the tower of smash mode is really boring? It sound waaay more boring than Smash Run imo... It just sounds like some sort of classic mode- boss battles mode mixture!

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
So I found this while looking through another thread. Read it and tell me what you guys think. I think it sounds pretty fun.
http://i.imgur.com/0uBu7MU.png

This could be completely fake but who knows!

MOD Edit: As per requested, here is a post made by @ leprechaunlink727 leprechaunlink727 concerning Tower of Smash and information regarding the leak.
i didn't know this was still a thing lol i think the concept sounds good but its still to soon to give an opinion just yet

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said in the previous Direct when introducing assist trophies "Assist trophies have returned to help the fighters out. These figure into All-Star mode, so I'd like to put in as many as possible." In the 3DS version, All Star had nothing involving Assist Trophies, so perhaps the Wii U version could allow you to fight off Assist Trophies that appear like fighters like Saki, Waluigi, Ghirahim, and Midna. This could help differentiate the Wii U version a bit more from the 3DS's. Perhaps Tower of Smash might also incorporate them somehow.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Sakurai said in the previous Direct when introducing assist trophies "Assist trophies have returned to help the fighters out. These figure into All-Star mode, so I'd like to put in as many as possible." In the 3DS version, All Star had nothing involving Assist Trophies, so perhaps the Wii U version could allow you to fight off Assist Trophies that appear like fighters like Saki, Waluigi, Ghirahim, and Midna. This could help differentiate the Wii U version a bit more from the 3DS's. Perhaps Tower of Smash might also incorporate them somehow.
Seeing that the leak does mention some ToS matches with "All Pokeballs", it does make sense for certain matches to be all assist trophies on high frequency and what not.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
Not getting my hopes up, but damn do I want Impa in the game. She's so badass, I feel like she can be the representative Zelda needs. But as much as I like Impa, Ridley, & Mewtwo are much more deserving. Also not to mention the tower of smash mode, that sounds soo good. Honestly if this is a fake leak, it's a damn good one with a lot of thought & bs put into it haha.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321

Sorry if this was posted previous but with Dr. Mario's new images today this was one of the pictures shown. Does anyone think this could be that Kalos Pokemon league stage from the leak?

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman

Sorry if this was posted previous but with Dr. Mario's new images today this was one of the pictures shown. Does anyone think this could be that Kalos Pokemon league stage from the leak?
That stage was known about since the greninja reveal possible before.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

This stage has been around since Greninja's reveal.
EDIT: Ironically, :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Besides it being old information of what stage exists, this is a visual pun.

Dr. Mario is surrounded by fire types. Why? One of his songs is Fever. Also, all of those final evolutions are used by highly important characters in he Anime(Lysandre aside, but he likely will show up with Pyroar. Two of them for Satoshi/Ash, one for May/Haruka. Makes me wonder if he wanted to make a silly Anime reference again for the hell of it. But I think the pun is the most likely reason for the picture.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

That stage was already announced since many months ago.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I love how people are turning on the actualy ToS mode itself.
It's a ghetto all-star or a rip-off classic mode.. like.. excuse me? How?

Guess what; the game's basic mechanic is fighting--
OBVIOUSLY the game modes are going to revolve around that fact...

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I love how people are turning on the actualy ToS mode itself.
It's a ghetto all-star or a rip-off classic mode.. like.. excuse me? How?

Guess what; the game's basic mechanic is fighting--
OBVIOUSLY the game modes are going to revolve around that fact...
But the 3ds version gets classic mode and all-star mode and Smash Run....!! I mean, I'd much rather have smash run in the wii u version than tower of smash because it just seems like a lazy mode to me, unless I'm missing something important...?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But the 3ds version gets classic mode and all-star mode and Smash Run....!! I mean, I'd much rather have smash run in the wii u version than tower of smash because it just seems like a lazy mode to me, unless I'm missing something important...?
He's making a sarcastically pointless and obvious reply. There's no real purpose to it other than baiting people into a dumb argument. Just ignore it and discuss things as normal.

My problem with ToS is that it removes potentially many modes. Event Mode is one of them. On the other hand, it could be just a new variant of Event Mode, just with even more. A cool upgrade. There's other issues, like the lack of unlockables, imo. Not unbelievable, just silly to me.

Last edited:

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Warning Received
He's making a sarcastically pointless and obvious reply. There's no real purpose to it other than baiting people into a dumb argument. Just ignore it and discuss things as normal.

My problem with ToS is that it removes potentially many modes. Event Mode is one of them. On the other hand, it could be just a new variant of Event Mode, just with even more. A cool upgrade. There's other issues, like the lack of unlockables, imo. Not unbelievable, just silly to me.
Are you ever not on this website?
Why don't you keep your "obviously" fat mouth shut and stick to yourself.
I'm not trolling, moron.
I'm replying to those who are saying ToS is the exact same as Classic and All-Star which aren't the same thing at all, so how can all three be the same as eachother.

I love how when someone craps on something, it's cool.
But standing up for it is TROLLING?!??!

You, sir, are a complete, and utter fool.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
@ LordVacation LordVacation Leave the offenses and your personal opinions out of this thread.
Leave my personal opinions out of this thread?
Like how idiot said I was being an obvious troll?
Nah, I think I'll reply to someone calling me out any way I like, thanks :)

It's not the first time that douche bag has called me out for something so, like I said; I'll say what I want ^_^
Sorry if you can't stand up for yourself?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Leave my personal opinions out of this thread?
Like how idiot said I was being an obvious troll?
Nah, I think I'll reply to someone calling me out any way I like, thanks :)

It's not the first time that douche bag has called me out for something so, like I said; I'll say what I want ^_^
Sorry if you can't stand up for yourself?
Wants to fight,okay lets fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom