• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey look at page 49 of wii u information thread

A guy mr prince said something about a smash world mode

The bad news the video hurts the ToS rumor

The good news it helps the Ridley/Mewtwo/dixie kong/chorus men/impa part

Plus a bonus it adds 2 more issac from golden sun and wonder-red from wonderful 101
can you link to this thing exactly? I've never heard of this rumor before.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Hey look at page 49 of wii u information thread

A guy mr prince said something about a smash world mode

The bad news the video hurts the ToS rumor

The good news it helps the Ridley/Mewtwo/dixie kong/chorus men/impa part

Plus a bonus it adds 2 more issac from golden sun and wonder-red from wonderful 101
How does it help the 5 characters?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok I found the rumor

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!
Hmm, This says Including tower of smash mode... so this does help the tower of smash rumor... It called the smash world bit too... This just got interesting/.

Also, HELL YES for Splatoon girl character!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Uhm, it's not that hard to come up with the name "Smash World". I've already seen this rumor and this guy's "insider" kept lying to him about random characters. I don't trust him.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
can you link to this thing exactly? I've never heard of this rumor before.
Here it is:
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

Sounds plausible up until we get three more characters on top of the five from the ToS leak. Then it sounds like BS. That's a 59 character roster. It doesn't help that the guy had six posts.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Ok I found the rumor

Hmm, This says Including tower of smash mode... so this does help the tower of smash rumor... It called the smash world bit too... This just got interesting/.

Also, HELL YES for Splatoon girl character!
I'd faint if all of that were true.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

OMAGAD ... Isaac , Mewtwo , Ridley ... Smash world rumor before annoncer leak ... i can't stand anymore ...
You know what to do ...

HYPE TRAIIIIN COME ABOARD !!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here it is:

Sounds plausible up until we get three more characters on top of the five from the ToS leak. Then it sounds like BS. That's a 59 character roster. It doesn't help that the guy had six posts.
Well those 3 sound like DLC, since the ToS didn't mention. And why is a 59 character roster too much? A bit high but this is the 4th game and if they want to keep the game going long term then DLC characters is bound to happen.

Uhm, it's not that hard to come up with the name "Smash World". I've already seen this rumor and this guy's "insider" kept lying to him about random characters. I don't trust him.
It is still a solid call, proven by in game files. Plus it could make sense that being on the 3DS files since it is a 3DS only mode. You got to give credit.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How does it help the 5 characters?
They are both in the Mr prince rumor and this.

So the 5 temporary wii u exclusive part may be on to something.

Oh heres the quote

For everyone

Smash world part is correct do to the addtional cut announcer voices on 3ds (well sortof we need to see sakurai confirm that mode first.)

It hurts tower of smash due to the modes the announcer said from the cut stuff which is likely wii u exclusives

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai knows of Smash World Forums. Just saying. It's not a hard name to go with.

Also, Sakurai and loopholes are a perfect way to get around his wording. I could see the Data Transfer as an option along with DLC a little later. He never lied when he does that. He's pretty trolly with his words, so I think this is a very logical move to do.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Well those 3 sound like DLC, since the ToS didn't mention. And why is a 59 character roster too much? A bit high but this is the 4th game and if they want to keep the game going long term then DLC characters is bound to happen.
I think DLC characters if/when they come,are much more likely to be cut vets that would take relatively little work to bring back, like Wolf and Lucas (and please god snake). I guess it's possible, but it really seems like wishful thinking, and unlike the ToS leak, this reads like a straight up fake.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Wait, what happened with this "Smash World?" I'm so lost right now.
One of the cut Announcer clips found on the ROM is him saying "Smash World". There was a leak that mentioned it several weeks ago that has already been quoted three times on this page. The leak claims that not only is ToS real, but there's a "Smash World" mode coming for 3DS, Wonder Red and Isaac are playable, and there's Splatoon-centric DLC coming in 2015 that will include a new stage, item, and playable character.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
One of the cut Announcer clips found on the ROM is him saying "Smash World". There was a leak that mentioned it several weeks ago that has already been quoted three times on this page. The leak claims that not only is ToS real, but there's a "Smash World" mode coming for 3DS, Wonder Red and Isaac are playable, and there's Splatoon-centric DLC coming in 2015 that will include a new stage, item, and playable character.
While I'm not entirely believing that just yet, I'm hoping it's true. That sounds amazing.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
They are both in the Mr prince rumor and this.

So the 5 temporary wii u exclusive part may be on to something.

Oh heres the quote

For everyone

Smash world part is correct do to the addtional cut announcer voices on 3ds (well sortof we need to see sakurai confirm that mode first.)

It hurts tower of smash due to the modes the announcer said from the cut stuff which is likely wii u exclusives
Well not really. This same guy, Mr.Prince, which I frankly believe even less than the ToS leaker, claims that Smash World is a new mode for the 3ds. If Tower of Smash is indeed a WiiU exclusive mode, why would data of that mode even exist on the 3ds? If anything, it does nothing to hurt or help the ToS leak, perhaps the Event Match call does, but who's to say that wasn't a scrapped feature, or he meant they don't return for the WiiU version?

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
So a guy puffs in the forum, and now its the real deal.
See in what we are getting into,we started in neogaf with a raw leak talking about 4 characters,and then we added spice with the tower of smash,and now more of it with the Mr. Prince leak,of course these "detailed leaks" will get something right,but with more we get near of the release they will started getting debunked one by one,its easy to appear in somewhere else and say a lot of things that matches a "dream game" for many,but making living up for the name,its hard,very hard.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well not really. This same guy, Mr.Prince, which I frankly believe even less than the ToS leaker, claims that Smash World is a new mode for the 3ds. If Tower of Smash is indeed a WiiU exclusive mode, why would data of that mode even exist on the 3ds? If anything, it does nothing to hurt or help the ToS leak, perhaps the Event Match call does, but who's to say that wasn't a scrapped feature?
There is no data of tower of smash on the 3ds. That does hold the theory true that ToS is a wii u exclusive. And Event match could be a scrapped feature, or again a possible future mode they add to the 3DS only.

See in what we are getting into,we started in neogaf with a raw leak talking about 4 characters,and then we added spice with the tower of smash,and now more of it with the Mr. Prince leak,of course these "detailed leaks" will get something right,but with more we get near of the release they will started getting debunked one by one,its easy to appear in somewhere else and say a lot of things that matches a "dream game" for many,but making living up for the name,its hard,very hard.
Of course these are not proven gospel yet. Could be lucky guesses. You still need to bring up the possibility of them being true because they got something correct. We shall see, and nothing is wrong with talking about these till proven false. Mr. Prince could be lieing out of his butt. Very possible. but until proven fake then we just don;t know

Last edited:

Naoshi

...A-Alright, we'll see. It just feels kind of too suspicious, but I'm the type who wants to be fair so... yeah, I guess I'll give it a benefit of a doubt.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't even know what to think anymore (in reference to Mr. Prince). Had I read that back in September, I'd have wrote it off completely. It sounds like a fake leak piggybacking off of ToS. However... with the "Smash World" sound byte, Mr. Prince's text leak now has more verified evidence than the ToS text leak!

Furthermore, after adding another row/column, they would all fit on the CSS screen and still have room for "Mii" in single player. It's plausible, but I do agree that it reads less cleanly than ToS...

At this point, I'm positive Sakurai is holding back his Wii U updates because he's aware of this leak and wants to keep us hyping about it. Way to turn a negative into a positive for sales!

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
No one is believing this, we're discussing, and even if someone does, who are you to tell people what to believe or not believe? If you don't like it, don't come to the thread, simple as that. Go and enjoy the official stuff, and stop bothering the folks who want to discuss this.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
No one is believing this, we're discussing, and even if someone does, who are you to tell people what to believe and not believe? If you don't like it, don't come to the thread, simple as that. Go and enjoy the official stuff, and stop bothering the folks who want to discuss this.
Eh, I think he has a fair point though. That's not someone trolling, that's someone cautioning us not to get too excited. If we tack Mr. Prince onto ToS, we're starting to have so many details that it becomes very difficult NOT to get something right. The dart board's getting so big, at least some of the darts are going to hit. Kind of like the Ashley AT "leak" that turned out to be a lucky guess.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Eh, I think he has a fair point though. That's not someone trolling, that's someone cautioning us not to get too excited. If we tack Mr. Prince onto ToS, we're starting to have so many details that it becomes very difficult NOT to get something right. The dart board's getting so big, at least some of the darts are going to hit. Kind of like the Ashley AT "leak" that turned out to be a lucky guess.
True, but it also has many chances to be wrong. 1 update can easily destroy it now, more so then before.

Strofirko

Smash Master
No one is believing this, we're discussing, and even if someone does, who are you to tell people to believe and not believe? If you don't like it, don't come to the thread, simple as that. Go and enjoy the official stuff, and stop bothering the folks who want to discuss this.
Sorry if I was rude,just saying that it is starting to getting very embarassing the fact the "leakers" wants to make many branchs to other leaks,and it is not working at all I mean, "mr.prince guy" poped out many numbers that doesn't make any sense,just to gets more credibility,the guy himself doesn't even know the difference between mach rider and the excitebikers.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
My issue isn't towards him telling folks to not get their hopes up. I've seen this guy come to the board constantly trying to tell folks to let it go. Yes, I am aware that this has a good shot to be fake, but until we know that, I don't see the trouble in discussing it, so long as our expectations are tempered, which frankly for many here, it is.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well not really. This same guy, Mr.Prince, which I frankly believe even less than the ToS leaker, claims that Smash World is a new mode for the 3ds. If Tower of Smash is indeed a WiiU exclusive mode, why would data of that mode even exist on the 3ds? If anything, it does nothing to hurt or help the ToS leak, perhaps the Event Match call does, but who's to say that wasn't a scrapped feature, or he meant they don't return for the WiiU version?
for the smash world a 3ds mode, easy previously a mode in the 3ds version but cut but can still be in the wii u version.

the stuff the announcer said from that found audio can very well be still in the wii u version for one (that's why I think event match is probably a wii u exclusive)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm on the stance of not believing any rumors unless there is photo evidence or it's files actually within the game.

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
My issue isn't towards him telling folks to not get their hopes up. I've seen this guy come to the board constantly trying to tell folks to let it go. Yes, I am aware that this has a good shot to be fake, but until we know that, I don't see the trouble in discussing it, so long as our expectations are tempered, which frankly for many here, it is.
I would like to point out that i agree that many people here do keep their expectations in check, which is fine. I'm sure it's not ment for them (or you) but it's for those who don't understand that too well (and let's face it, there are allways the group of people who don't let things go). However no one wants a recreation what happened with the ridley thread, the spillover for that lasted more then a week. The tower of smash hype is everywhere because it's mostly seen as "the last hope" for certain characters. Also this topic has close to 1,500 posts already, and there isn't anything that lends to it's credibility yet.

Or you can just ignore him? :/

Strofirko

Smash Master
"Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!"
"Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too."
Mr.Prince

Looks a rushed attempt to make a leak,I call him a troll.

Naoshi

"Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too."
Mr.Prince

That was exactly why I don't trust the leaker. He also lied about several characters like Machamp, Krystal (ew), Urban Champion, etc etc etc and then backtracked going "NVM MY LEAKER LIED ABOUT THOSE ONES"

zferolie

Smash Hero
Mr.Prince

Oh did that come later? I missed that part

That was exactly why I don't trust the leaker. He also lied about several characters like Machamp, Krystal (ew), Urban Champion, etc etc etc and then backtracked going "NVM MY LEAKER LIED ABOUT THOSE ONES"
Well he may have then just got lucky. Oh well. Still would be cool if it was true

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think it's good to have reasonable expectations, I personally think this Smash World leak is total bull and I think I'm fairly realistic about the ToS leak's chances.

However, on the flip side, people who keep saying that these leaks have no credibility "because they're text" need to realize that picture leaks for Smash Bros. were completely unprecedented before the ESRB leak. As in, the ESRB leak was the first picture leak in the history of the series, let alone the first video leak, and all of the real leaks for the previous games were text. Plus the fact that the ESRB leaker probably lost his job means that real leakers are even more unlikely to risk taking pictures. I think the ESRB leak created this completely deluded expectation that every real leak has to have pictures now. That's never been the case before. Sure, some pictures would help with its credibility, but being a text leak doesn't make it inherently untrue. If we get a real leak for the Wii U version, it will probably be a text leak, regardless of ToS's validity.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
What can I say....Sakurai loves to post "waste of time" Potds about the 3ds version which everyone has already.... He said he was working on the wii u version which sounds a bit weird to me because if he was working so hard on it, how come that we barely anything about it?....the answer is simple: Sakurai, Sakurai everywhere.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think it's good to have reasonable expectations, I personally think this Smash World leak is total bull and I think I'm fairly realistic about the ToS leak's chances.

However, on the flip side, people who keep saying that these leaks have no credibility "because they're text" need to realize that picture leaks for Smash Bros. were completely unprecedented before the ESRB leak. As in, the ESRB leak was the first picture leak in the history of the series, let alone the first video leak, and all of the real leaks for the previous games were text. Plus the fact that the ESRB leaker probably lost his job means that real leakers are even more unlikely to risk taking pictures. I think the ESRB leak created this completely deluded expectation that every real leak has to have pictures now. That's never been the case before. Sure, some pictures would help with its credibility, but being a text leak doesn't make it inherently untrue. If we get a real leak for the Wii U version, it will probably be a text leak, regardless of ToS's validity.
You are 100% right about photo's and videos. You will rarely get photo evidence, because it's both hard and VERY risky to do so. Text based leaks can be 100% legit, and one shouldn't knock a leak for just being text

What can I say....Sakurai loves to post "waste of time" Potds about the 3ds version which everyone has already.... He said he was working on the wii u version which sounds a bit weird to me because if he was working so hard on it, how come that we barely anything about it?....the answer is simple: Sakurai, Sakurai everywhere.
At least he isn't Ono. He is the king of trolls and wasting time

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I would like to point out that i agree that many people here do keep their expectations in check, which is fine. I'm sure it's not ment for them (or you) but it's for those who don't understand that too well (and let's face it, there are allways the group of people who don't let things go). However no one wants a recreation what happened with the ridley thread, the spillover for that lasted more then a week. The tower of smash hype is everywhere because it's mostly seen as "the last hope" for certain characters. Also this topic has close to 1,500 posts already, and there isn't anything that lends to it's credibility yet.

Or you can just ignore him? :/
Well, I only ignore people who are obviously trolling/unintelligent. He isn't trolling in my eyes, as he doesn't come off like a jerk, but I am merely trying to counter respond to him telling folks to let it go.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I have a suspicion they're planning a direct and don't want to spoil the surprises.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I have a suspicion they're planning a direct and don't want to spoil the surprises.
That would be GREAT. I mean, The 3ds got everything: potds, directs, etc. The Wii U version has got a few potds, too few, and no directs talking on this specific version... I would expect a direct by the end of the month or something, it would be just nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom