• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay3 NATIONAL Event - Oct 16th - 18th 2009

Shroomed

Smash Master
we'll see when you play my mario SW =D

even though there's like 0 reason to play mario vs fox over doc

mario is for sheik, he keeps that ***** in check

and weird stuff like DK, bowser, zelda, other weird stuff

Eggz

Smash Hero
that was me on his account

but you better come up here shroomed lol

get some WA hospitality

AKA we **** the **** out of ****ty mushroom kindom characters cuz this IS the mushroom kingdom

GET AT US ISAIIII

Kira-

Smash Champion
So.. so far there's no set venue for TP3 but it is guaranteed to happen right? I'm buying my plane tickets this week.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Right. We have a fallback venue if by some chance we dont find a hoppin venue. We'll just clear out GC again, and that ran perfectly on schedule and had a decent amount of friendlies.

Tight that you guys are coming yay <3

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I am working on venues and sponsors the next couple of weeks.

If for some reason, something falls thought on those things, we have a venue. GameClucks can be used. While I realize its not ideal for 100++ people, it does work. But my goal is to get something bigger and I am working on it. I have emails, letters and calls out to about 10 places right now, and making more calls every week. Someone will get me a solid space that does not cost me my first born child (second born is prob OK though...)

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Adding Friday night to this likely to try and do Friendlies. If i can not get Friday at the "venue" we will do Friday Night friendlies at GC or something.

forward

Smash Champion
So I heard this tourney is finishing in two days. Is there anyway you can make Melee happen on Saturday and brawl happen on Sunday? I'm just not sure that I would have enough time to play on Sunday and travel without being incredibly rushed, and I don't want to miss any school for this either.

Eggz

Smash Hero
That'd be **** if you come Kage.
I would've asked you Kage but I didn't think you would come after so much traveling in so little time. but ****.

I second the schedule manueverings.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
So until we know more about the # of attendies, it will be hard to say Melee one day and Brawl the other.
Honestly, the fact is Brawl will have more attendies, which means it will in theory take longer to do.
HOWEVER that said, I will try and do what I can.

But we will likely have to run Brawl qualifier brackets on Saturday also. Then we could run all of Melee and then do Brawl 1s and 2 finals brackets on Sunday.

We will also have Halo3 on Saturday, then SF4 on Sunday, but its not likely that we will have a lot of Brawl/Melee people in SF4 or Halo3 so those shouldn't matter as to when they are run.

I know a lot of you on SmashBoards do not use AllIsBrawl.com, but it would REALLY REALLY REALLY help if you did make an account and sign up for the event on there, so that we can see the # of attendies a little better.

(btw if this post doesnt make sense or whatever I am officially blaming Coors Light for making such a tasty (read: ****ty), cold and refreshing (that part is real) beer.

Chip.

you know what to do
I will be there, I wish there was more SSBB going down in Spokane, WA.
There is actually a lot of SSBB going down in Spokane haha. We have a community of about 17-20 people, but only 13 will show on the day of tournaments. You should participate in our tournaments! The best players in WA live in Spokane :)!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Its not really possible to do this with so much happening... Melee on one day is likely possible. But Brawl will have to be on both days with 6 brackets in all to do (5 in singles and 1 in doubles).

So I will do what I can to knock Melee out on Saturday, but again, until we are closer to the event and know how many people showing, this is virtually impossible to finalize right now.
If 500 people show for Melee... not possible to do in one day.... even if 200 show for Melee only, its not likely by the time pools are done and brackets for 1s and 2s.

Top Bottom