• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay3 NATIONAL Event - Oct 16th - 18th 2009

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
HYPE THIS EVENT!!
We need 150+ for Smash and 2-+ Halo teams!!

Brawl now has a GUARANTEED $750 1st place payout.
More guarantees coming as I know I can commit to them.

Actually you know what... $500 1st place Melee Singles GUARANTEE!!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
paying out 500 is almost expected on any turnout over 50 with a $15 entry (and wow i just noticed a 20 venue fee =\), so it's not really any new information

pockyD

Smash Legend
well my point was that everyone (like yourself) expects it to be higher. therefore, the guarantee isn't new information

not saying it's a bad concept or anything, just explaining why there's "no one commenting"

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Point taken. Just with TP2 there was a misconception that we have guaranteed prizes, when the word guarantee was never used. So I have guaranteed some $$ for TP3.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Venue - Do not know yet. I have messages out to Edmonds Comm College, UW Bothell, UW Seattle, Seattle Center, Shoreline CC... 3 or 4 other places as well....

Trying to make sure I get a good deal on Venue so that I can bring Venue Fee down, or commit a part of Venue Fee to prizes like with TP2.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Venue - Do not know yet. I have messages out to Edmonds Comm College, UW Bothell, UW Seattle, Seattle Center, Shoreline CC... 3 or 4 other places as well....

Trying to make sure I get a good deal on Venue so that I can bring Venue Fee down, or commit a part of Venue Fee to prizes like with TP2.
from what we gathered when uw tried to host a tourney at uw, they typically close down at like 11ish.

They charge by hour, with room being the base charge. I think there is a higher rate per hour if non students rent rooms, also if non students are attending then its about double. UWs full of ***s when it comes to getting venue. and they dont like to party late.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea its pretty gay, I know I called and looked at some rooms up there and was like u guys are gay. **** this im taking a quarter off cuz u *****es cant get me a reasonbly priced room lol

Race

Smash Lord
This is still up in the air more me. . . but I really do want to go to this for SF at least

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont care what the reason, if u have any reason to come to WA for tourney play then u have no excuse not to come.

if u dont have a reason then u still dont have an excuse to not come cuz everyone else is coming

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
@Venue
No...still waiting on some places to get back to me... but honestly the venue does not matter!!! No one should be making a decision on getting to this based on the venue.
We will have one... this is not getting canceled. It is 100% certain to happen.

I have venues I can get... I just want something better then what I have info on already.

Seattle Center is still target #1.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I hope it's near SD or in SD but it seems like it's gonna be in WA

Top Bottom