• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay3 NATIONAL Event - Oct 16th - 18th 2009

Eggz

Smash Hero
i read it as
eggz (addressing me), joey and hugo are much better than you
was he not addressing me?

if he was talking to kira, kira ***** =[

Adam M!

Smash Lord
adam you fail to understand that when two people are close in skill they will both try hard whether it is in winners or losers. it many cases it is not guaranteed that they will play each other again, and even if they do it helps them to get further in the winners bracket to clinch a higher placing.
i wouldn't say you're close in skill to lucky, hugo, or eggz. allow me to be more specific -- i would say you are much closer in skill to lovage, connor, and fly than you are to hugo, eggz, and lucky. in other words, there is a significant gap between your skill and the latter three; there is not a significant gap between your skill and the former three (or their skill and yours).

ya eggz, just a misunderstanding. mah bad

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i wouldn't say you're close in skill to lucky, hugo, or eggz. allow me to be more specific -- i would say you are much closer in skill to lovage, connor, and fly than you are to hugo, eggz, and lucky. in other words, there is a significant gap between your skill and the latter three; there is not a significant gap between your skill and the former three (or their skill and yours).

ya eggz, just a misunderstanding. mah bad
Why do you care so much? If you can't beat these people then you should have no say in whatever skill someone has. People improve at a tremendous rate and there's only so much you can do in smash.

Kira-

Smash Champion
P - yeah i see what you're saying now, i just read it differently from what you meant

kage - it's just his opinion; he can say whatever he likes. you dont have to believe it if you dont want to lol. also i want to play you someday =P Bring Canada to Pat's house!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS:

Out of Staters,

Kira- Your sheik is a little attractive, just a little. I'm glad i got to play you a little at vish's place but I wanted to play you more. It's really obvious you have HugS training haha, ill put up a better fight against your sheik next time we play. Your hair is top tier btw ^_^

Macd- I really liked our tourney set. You really stepped it up on game 2 and 3, and you played your counter pick really well (kongo i think right?). You're **** in teams btw, I definitely see you as a team player rather than solo. And similar to kira, you too have great hair no homo ^_^

Noobking- Like i told you at vish's, i could tell that you've gotten noticeably better over the last 4-5 months or so. It was great seeing you again too, you some how make the smash atmosphere more enjoyable.

Blunted- I dont think i got to play you all weekend, but i do remember the friendlies we had after that oasis tourney. You're just .... way smarter than me lol. And like i told you, you actually look like falco. It wouldnt be hard to photoshop a beak on you ... just sayin :)

Liberate- WE NEED MORE SAMUS MAINS o.O! Try and get a ride from adam/eric whenever they come down to WA, ill give you samus advice and stuff.

Idaho- Yeah you guys are pretty DIRT - you already know that. I really like Knuttz's jiggs, and i hope the melee scene there gets really big. Dinner was way too much fun LOL

Juce- Good mm, I want to play with you more. I get the impression that you dont mind fighting samus because you play aftermath a lot? Maybe? K.

WA,

Artifice- Also good mm. I really like your peach's style. It's kinda sexy, but just kinda. I hope i can play you EWA guys more often, hopefully i'll see you at gameclucks?

Kamaji- You have a smart doc, try to make it to gc so we can play more :)

Deva - play melee more!

ppa0/emo$ - Good seeing you guys again, i thought you two died or something.

Paff/Zodiac - Nice meeting you two, i think you guys have potential. (Zodiac you're from oregon right?)

UW - Yeah we're tight. Good stuff vish and toph .... i see you guys like everyday so I dont feel like i need to say anything here LOL

Eggz - You're getting better and it's pretty impressive. I'll give the 5$ i owe you next time we meet. Your tourney set with m2k was awesome, mad props for using mario that one game - that made the tourney set so much better imo.

C!Z - wooooo

Vista/Caleb - Glad you guys could make it. Caleb, ill hit you up sometime so i can **** you at starcraft ^_^

I have a feeling i'm forgetting 2-3 people, nothing personal though.

And major thanks to CHRIS GC GUY- wtf you ran like 500 tournies in one weekend right?! You're chill and professional, you did a great job organizing this whole thing.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Why do you care so much? If you can't beat these people then you should have no say in whatever skill someone has. People improve at a tremendous rate and there's only so much you can do in smash.
what defines whether i "care so much"? i'd say that someone who doesn't know me or my relationship with kira (hell, do you even know kira?) coming in out of the blue to stick his head in the conversation without adding anything of note probably cares a lot more than me.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think beating someone in Winners isn't the same as beating them in Losers unless it's a big regional/national tournament. If it is, then any win counts.

That's why I'm impressed by Kira's performance at this tourney and I really do think he's improved a great deal. I'm not saying that Dave is on the same level as Joey, Hugo etc. If Dave is not on the same level as Joey, Eggz or whatever (which is probably the case), then I don't think the skill gap between them is that big.

I don't know. Just my two cents. But I do suck so my opinion doesn't really matter -_-

Kira! Go to Races tourney! Let's do a big MM! I really want to have a good set with your Sheik. 10$ sound fine?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
It was really fun hangin out with you guys and thanks everyone for coming.

Gc guy-thanks for hosting and we will get those huge turnouts. Just keep hostin good ****.

Idaho-hadnt smashed much with you guys but Im glad we got to hang out at that **** *** diner and smash back at andys place. mm$ and **** next time we meet.

Qraq-haha fun time chillin, I dont think we actually played this time lol
Battle Christ-fun times. Next time you come out well get some seriouslys in.
KNuttz-your jiggz is nasty. and you had the funniest expressions Ive ever seen. mad laughs lol

Juce and gage-I wish we had played more. mm$ next time to you guys as well.

My *****s from canada.
Noobking- it was ****ing nice to see you again.
Eric- your falco ***** as always.
liberate- keep playin that samus

eggz-good ****. youll get em next time. it was ****in tight seein your tourney mario for the first time. I guess your YL is next lol.

SW-most technical dude I kno

ciz-420 will be called in your honor

bladewise-good**** holdin it down for WA. your peach is dirt son fo real.

vish-good**** as always, I wanna see more of your falcon

toph-you really impressed me, keep up the good work. I think its official now to say ur a fox main.

lorin-your ganon is tight, that game with gage was hella close, next time evil will win.

prime-samus

Thanks KIra and MacD for coming.

Kira-it was especially nice playing somebody who didnt mind playing my m2. hope to smash with you again soon. your sheik is ****! ggs

MacD-Haha next time we meet we should play some smash lol. fun times anyway.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
what defines whether i "care so much"? i'd say that someone who doesn't know me or my relationship with kira (hell, do you even know kira?) coming in out of the blue to stick his head in the conversation without adding anything of note probably cares a lot more than me.
Ya I care a lot because you were being an *******.. I don't like people who judges someone when they themselves are not top players meaning you don't know how it feels like to being at the top.

joeplicate

Smash Master
calllllllm down lol

don't feel obligated to go to war over every little thing
P knows kira a lot better than you do anyways

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Ya I care a lot because you were being an *******.. I don't like people who judges someone when they themselves are not top players meaning you don't know how it feels like to being at the top.
lol so you don't like people who judge someone, yet you were just judging me, saying i was being an *******?

self-ownage. bye.

ps you feel yourself WAY too hard

Kira-

Smash Champion
kage i appreciate the concern and i know where you're coming from, it's really annoying to have everyone judging you when all you're trying to do is improve yourself. especially when you feel accomplished and every step of the way people are saying how i'm not that good and at times it seems like no matter what i do i'll never be viewed accurately at face value. kinda like how everyone wants to play you to get better but you only have so much time to give; people can only expect so much from me, sorry if i can't follow through on everything.

I think I've been giving MacD too hard of a time; now that I think back it seems like he's been experiencing the same thing but to a much higher degree than myself because of his "gay" playstyle.

I'm not trying to get people to feel sorry for me or anything, I'd gladly take on criticism to gain smash skill any day but just showing my point of view.

SWF's ignore feature is done very poorly btw

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol so you don't like people who judge someone, yet you were just judging me, saying i was being an *******?

self-ownage. bye.

ps you feel yourself WAY too hard
Not really I'm only doing what you are doing to others.. that's how it goes. Haven't you heard you only get the same amount of respect that you give away? Ya there ya go.

And I like wars, don't you know who I am!?

Kira: I guess that's normal, some people don't like things while others do like it.. nothing you can do about preference about playstyles or taste, etc. Same as Love/Hate.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
Not really I'm only doing what you are doing to others.. that's how it goes.
have you ever heard of not lowering yourself to other people's level? be your own man and stand on your own two, don't mimic other people's poor behavior (what you consider poor behavior, anyway) just to "prove a point." it's uncouth of you

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Not really I'm only doing what you are doing to others.. that's how it goes. Haven't you heard you only get the same amount of respect that you give away? Ya there ya go.

And I like wars, don't you know who I am!?

Kira: I guess that's normal, some people don't like things while others do like it.. nothing you can do about preference about playstyles or taste, etc. Same as Love/Hate.
Shut up Kage, you're a warrior. LOL

Top Bottom