• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyBee 2: The Bobasmash 3/3/07

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
Bobabee is hosting another Smash Tournament !! SATURDAY MARCH 3, 2007
We did alright last tourney, but this time we learned from our mistakes. Not only that, we've also found more room for the smashers to play. Next door to Bobabee, there's going to be free space for us to set up our second tournament. Since there's more room, our previous rules are going to be changed, for example:

PLAYERS NEED TO RSVP AND ACTUALLY SHOW UP. This time, in order to make the tournament effective, we at least 60 people to rsvp and show up. Yes, we have THAT much space. :] BRING SET UPS! First 5 people to RSVP that you're going to add a TV (no smaller than 20in.) to your set up, you won't be charged for the entrance fee and $2 will be taken off the singles fee.

The room the next door to Bobabee, has 3 rooms and about 4 'cubicles', enough to fit at least 60 people and 100 MAX. For the TV count.. we have about 5 TVs right now.. so

The tournament rules remain MLG default. Many of you know the MLG rules so remember them and try to enforce them yourselves as you play.

Address is 5868 N. Lincoln
Chicago IL, 60659

Entrance fees:
Entry Fee - $2 for spectators
Singles - $10
Teams - $20 ($10 per person)

Time:
Tournament will start at 1-2PM-ish
You may come early for friendlies.
We'll start the DOUBLES tournament first and when that's finished SINGLES will begin after.

RSVP to EMAILS:
shortiep00crumz@gmail.com
defensive_end_63@yahoo.com

RSVPs MUST INCLUDE:
- VS NAME
- FIRST NAME & LAST INITIAL
- EVENT PARTICIPATION (1v1 and/or 2v2)
- IF YOU'RE BRINGING A SET UP and/or TV

Double Elimination Bracket

Singles:
$10
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

Teams:
$20 per team ($10 per teammate)
Team Attack on and Life Stealing Allowed
Sets are 2/3, 3/5 for the finals
8 Minute Time Limit
4 Stock
No Items

**Other Rules**

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the set.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

-Advanced Slob Picks - After the first match the loser says the stage out loud. Then the winner picks their character and the loser picks their character after that.

-Dave's Stupid Rule - Any stage that has already been played cannot be chosen again, even if its the stage you wish to use for your counterpick. We will make exceptions for the finals matches as those sets are best of 5.

- - - - - - -

This is what we have so far. Any updates will be posted ASAP.

Tink

Smash Hero
TInk
-Wayne g
-1v1 and/or 2v2
- BRINGING SET UP

so do i get the free stuff now :D.

Scythe

Smash Master
i'll bring 3 people like last tim
can't wait but meanwhile i goota prepare for SG 4

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
if we can go, me, q222, TIM and RYU... but thats if we can go.. and i have two gamecubes coming with us

we have to enfroce and make these rules clear so people actually do it

-Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

-Advanced Slob Picks - After the first match the loser says the stage out loud. Then the winner picks their character and the loser picks their character after that.

-Dave's Stupid Rule - Any stage that has already been played cannot be chosen again, even if its the stage you wish to use for your counterpick. We will make exceptions for the finals matches as those sets are best of 5.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh we'll be there again

also, questions and opinions (not to be a **** about it or anything)
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue

normally the ban list includes onett and yoshi's island (the pipe one can never remember the name). why are they not i figure it's just a thing you guys don't know about. they are banned because fox is too good at both he can waveshine most characters up and off the stage to their death very easily. and onett is shine infinite city to up-smash at with the low ceiling.

this rule doesn't really apply to a normal double elim tourny. MLG only put this in because of their rule that if sum1 meets up twice in the tourny the set becomes best of 11 and normal mlg sets are out of 5. but with this rule u have to have it where u can't ban a neutral you only ban counterpicks and then you can option to knock out a random stage if u get it first round. restarting is not hard if u do regular bans tho where the person decides to ban a stage and that stage is gone for a whole set can't go there or get it on random.

just some things to consider.

Scythe

Smash Master
hey side are the guy who lost to my friend "Arty" in the first round?
just wondering kinda hard connecting the names form the tourny to here.

BIG C

Smash Master
i'll bring chairs to this bad boy as well

and as far as dave's stupid rule goes it is a highly debated rule there are 3 versions of it

1)no stage can be used twice in the same set
2)no stage can be used twice in the same set unless agreed upon
3)you can't go back to the stage you won on

but go with w/e u want

RamonNoodles

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to miss teams for this, if I decide to go. Working that weekend, but if i go early enough to work, i can make singles, which means i'll have to wake up at 5 that day. . . Blah. . .

Scythe

Smash Master
wha'ts up noodles! had a good set with you.
I"m the guy that cheaped you out with Peach

Scythe

Smash Master
So what now noodles, you staying with Peach?

OH and Jazzness add a money match with me $3

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
I'll probally be there. Since I live somewhat close, I think I can bring a setup for once.

Can't wait to get more bubble tea Justin! ^_^

P00cRUMz

Smash Cadet
**** wow. this threads dead ha >_< not getting many rsvps.. this times its really needed because if we dont get at least 60 people rsvping and are actually gunna show up. tourneybee 2 wont be happening -.-

Scythe

Smash Master
why?
not to metion your like the only tourny that rsvps and i don't tihnk we have that many smashers in the area.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Hm. If I weren't trapped over here at Purdue, I'd definitely consider coming to these. Seems like excellent local turn-out from what I'm seeing. You should move this a week back so it falls during my spring break! :D

But seriously, you don't have to plan on me. heh

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hm. If I weren't trapped over here at Purdue, I'd definitely consider coming to these. Seems like excellent local turn-out from what I'm seeing. You should move this a week back so it falls during my spring break! :D

But seriously, you don't have to plan on me. heh
Don't worry, i'll just use your name and play with one hand. You'll be there in spirit! :)

Top Bottom