• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Results/Bowser Locator: Who's Using Bowser?

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm going to a tournament tomorrow. I plan on doing poorly due to the lack of practice. This will be the second time I've played in 6 months. Wish me good luck.

WISH ME GOOD LUCK GOD **** YOU.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
My mid tier buttcrack is still reaming from all the ****ty dreams I had of Bowser breaking the mid tier barrier.

Then again, I really don't want to bother learning any low tiers for low tier tournaments. They all....fill in the blank with any negative word

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
Even with a good Bowser, we're playing at more than just a slight disadvantage I feel in tournaments well at least vs. top tier characters. With all the training in the world, a good snake will own Bowser with grenade camping, grab release shenanigans, F tilt beatdowns, and mine combos. It's just a match I wouldn't want to place my money on (i.e. tournaments).

Diddy ***** us. Dedede eats us alive. ICs are just not fair. Mk is Mk although I love fighting them as Bowser. Wario, Falco, and Marth and below however, are fair game for us for the most part. Those I can put money on. With good practice, I think Bowser can compete here and come through with many surprise wins in a tournament setting.

My question is what makes a good Bowser? What do I need to practice the most now to become a legal threat to my pool or bracket? I could record some videos and post them later, but for now I'm at school trying to avoid some work I'll do eventually. Recently, I've been incorporating A LOT of utilt into my game because of its amazing killing power, but it can be punished very easily unfortunately. I think I'm approaching too much honestly and therefore miss out on some damage by baiting opponents into dtilts, jabs, grabs, and most importantly ftilt. The last few months I've taken out ftilt out of my play and hardly ever use it now. I used to love this move, but I've been playing a lot more aggressively lately. It's a great move and can kill at the edge at decent percentages (120%+), so maybe I should camp more and just be more patient in general.

I'm going to a charity tournament on Saturday, so I'll get to play more there and hopefully do much better this time. There'll be a lot of noobs there since it's a tournament hosted by my college (College Park), so I should do much better there haha. Still, I know a few good players and friends will be there, so it'll be a blast too. I'll have to improve my Olimar though to get through those bad match ups.

Its Wispy

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I don't particularly like Booser vs. Peach now. Peach is just annoying and hard to hit. What do you guys think?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I feel like if you get a video for us to watch it'd be easier to critique.

I honestly can't say what makes a good Bowser because once you have the Bowser Basics down and what to use and what not to use, everything else is fair game and up to your own influence. Of course that doesn't leave much room considering how risky some of Bowser's moves are, but your Bowser is what you make him.

lol Pokemon.

Definitely your first line of action should be to get a video up so we can see what's going on.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Godzilla
Walltech into a WARLOCK'S PUNCH
2nd out of 32 low tier singles
9th out of 31 full tier singles

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
No Waahs 2: Balls Mandatory
5th of 41
april 10th 2010

I got first seed in pools after 2-0ing everybody
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271619&highlight

My Money Match:
Toronto Joe (to joe)
Bowser against Mk 3-1 for me ( I beat his mk on rc :) (But I lost 0-2 in winner brackets tough)
Bowser against fox 2-0 for me
Iliad
Bowser against Marth 2-1 for me

I lost to to joe 0-2 and lost to Kingace 1-2 after winning the first game Both are mk

Ill try to upload my videos against to joe

Flayl

Smash Hero
Awesome, good job KingKong. I see Phiddlesticks attended too, canadian Bowsers representin'.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Smashed in Smashfield - MWC: East Championship1
6th of 6th pools
Midwest
Springfield, Ohio
June 2009
$10
black Bowser

Test Your Might VI
4th of 7th pools, 25th of 32nd brackets
Midwest
Cleveland, Ohio
May 2009
$10
Black Bowser

UT Smash Bash II
3rd of 14th brackets
Midwest
Toledo, Ohio
April 2010
$12
Black Bowser

GigaBowserXyZ
Midwest
Bowling Green, Ohio
Black Bowser

i obviously need to practice more XD

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Walltech into a WARLOCK'S PUNCH
1st out of 32 low tier

I still need to become better at Bowser dittos.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Not many people use Bowser in general, sadly.

It's a shame. I get a rush playing him that I just don't get from playing other characters.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Heres my last three ones.

Operation Impending Doom(about a month ago :p)
2nd out of 27
Australia
$10 entry fee ($10 venue)

Anti-God Complex (5/25/10)
5th out of 17
Australia
$5 entry fee

Operation Impending Doom 2(6/12/10)
5th out of 23
Australia
$10 entry fee ($10 venue)

Flayl

Smash Hero
*Impending

wtf at Anti-God Complex, what's with Australia and your tournament names LOL

Oh yeah, before I forget, props to you and KingKong :p

In unrelated tournament news Portugal tied 0 - 0 in our most important game in the football world cup. So... Now we need to massacre North Korea if we want to pass haha.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Took a little break from being a TO so these tournaments weren't run by me :p

Anti-God Complex was when we tried a more radical stage list with **** like Green Greens, YI Melee, Distant Planet, etc

Operation Impending Doom is a reference to Invader Zim if you didn't know.

B!squick

Smash Master
Someday, I'm gonna go to a tournament. I don't know if I'll use Bowser though. I don't like wasting money, especially 20 or more dollars. :/

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I play Bowser. I'm from Australia, Queensland. Have yet to take him to a major though but I'm always practising him and getting better.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zigsta, that's awesome. Mega kudos to you for placing that well with Bowser (especially with players like Jnig and Hyro in there).
Thanks, Bragi! I got in a good bit of friendlies with JNig that should be uploaded soon, too.

Top Bottom