• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament matches from Axis

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sweet stuff, as usual. I love to see you killin dudes like Marth (or Gaw & MK).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Germ, I have somethng to ask. You use ledgehopped upBs on occasion, why though? I seriously can't find a real advantage to using it because it can be countered so easily or shielded and what not, but if one of, if not the, best wolf uses it, there has to be a reason.

And nice vids. Was it just me, or did you try to do a falling uair into utilt a few times?

The GERM

Smash Ace
Germ, I have somethng to ask. You use ledgehopped upBs on occasion, why though? I seriously can't find a real advantage to using it because it can be countered so easily or shielded and what not, but if one of, if not the, best wolf uses it, there has to be a reason.

And nice vids. Was it just me, or did you try to do a falling uair into utilt a few times?
Honestly, I use the ledgehop Up+b maybe once per tournament. It's just one of those things that is so incredibly dumb that the opponent doesn't usually see it coming. If they do see it coming, they usually forget about the kick at the very end and end up getting hit because they think it's like Fox or Falco's. Like I said, I rarely use it if at all during hard matches, It's quite dumb but works sometimes against some people. I guess you can kinda sense who it will work against and with who it won't, I don't recomend it though... And falling up air to uptilt combos sir, just hard to get the up air on small characters.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I'd think that it'd just be a ledge mix-up... albeit a risky one.

Still, I don't get FF Uair to Uptilt, I mean, it works... but what do you do after it? X_X UpTilt leaves you fairly vulnerable... Meh, it's not bad damage though <3

Anyway, good stuff Germ, we have two placing Wolf players in NorCal (How many in SoCal? O_O)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
^

Uair to Utilt, if they try to air dodge or attack you on the way down, predict and punish with anything. If they jump away, put some shots in the air or follow with DACUS.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
I have a random question for you Germ if you don't mind me asking. When you do your ariels do you always use C-stick? or only some of the time?

Also do you have your up to jump turned off or on.

The reason I ask is sometimes I'll end up doing an Fair when I meant to do a Bair, or during a Bair wall. I've goten better at not making this mistake, but I think it's cause I'm doing things too quickly with my fingers, and I usually don't use C-stick except for spikes and maybe my 2nd Bair during a wall or a double Bair.

People have also told me that having tap up to jump turned on helps for faster ariels in certain circumstances... but I've never been able to get used to it. So I figured since your basically the best Wolf player, I just wanted your thoughts on that.

Good **** man, as always.

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Having tap jump on allows you to upsmash out of shield verrrry fast, which can lead to good things. I have it off, but there are certainly many many instances where i would really like the out of shield attack.

I always wondered which setting wolf players use more.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah, I use tap jump off, easier to Bair/Fair out of shield. And easier to do a lot of crap, and I use C stick up to do Uairs... so it works really well.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Honestly, I use the ledgehop Up+b maybe once per tournament. It's just one of those things that is so incredibly dumb that the opponent doesn't usually see it coming. If they do see it coming, they usually forget about the kick at the very end and end up getting hit because they think it's like Fox or Falco's. Like I said, I rarely use it if at all during hard matches, It's quite dumb but works sometimes against some people. I guess you can kinda sense who it will work against and with who it won't, I don't recomend it though... And falling up air to uptilt combos sir, just hard to get the up air on small characters.
Aha, that explains a lot. Thanks Germ. Keep up the **** in NorCal :bee:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I would, if you show me a tournament near Chicago that would be appropriate for a 13 year old. I've checked. And I have respect for you, I guess I meant comparitively speaking. Compared to some people you are bad, compared to others you are good.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Doesn't that apply to the majority of smashers? X_X

And all tourneys are appropriate for 13 year olds, just be nice, and don't be a scrub, and you're good.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Aren't there any Wolf players in SoCal? O_O

And Germ's #3 on our (NorCal's) PR list, so eh, yeah, you did pretty well against him xD NorCal sucks.... for the time being, just watch, we're gonna get really good really fast... just don't know when...

Mac Dre

Smash Cadet
I would, if you show me a tournament near Chicago that would be appropriate for a 13 year old. I've checked. And I have respect for you, I guess I meant comparitively speaking. Compared to some people you are bad, compared to others you are good.
what do you mean by appropriate?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
LOL, good point, it's not like they do drugs there or anything xD

Just... play a game... though, some of the conversations are interesting ^_^

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
lol, it could be with more than 13 people. and i think people are thinking that i said i'm bettr than mikehaze, but i just asked him to prove he was betta

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Enough bickering about which one of you sucks more. This thread is about how good germ is so lets not get off topic.

GERM YUOR WULF IZ SOOOO KOOL PLZ INFECT ME WHIT JOR GRATENESS!!!!!

Top Bottom