• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament in Lancaster PA September 8, Labor Day Weekend

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Looks nice. I might come (depending on what time is it. Before 2= my dad wont drive me.) So yeah... give me the time. Now. If I come I will definitely bring the potatoes. I will also double as a hooker! And maybe I will bring a TV and Cube+Memory card+ Finished smash data+
Copy of smash+some pokeman GC skin+ the AV GCN cables+ GCN power cables+ happyness in a jar.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
i must discuss the time with the LAN center, and i don't remember off the top of my head how many tvs they got but my next day off from work i plan on completing the info for the tourny. And they ain't got no cubes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vagabond

Smash Apprentice
The lan center has almost no TV's...like 2 big projection ones and that's it. The last time we had my TV and one projection TV we wheeled across the center to our tourney spot. So bring more. I'll bring a setup again, of course.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hrmm... i think i'll get number 1... yup..

ooh ooh , round robin tournament for attendees on the power ranking??
just a thought..
thats what we're(CT) doing for power rankings this weekend. I'll tell you how it goes. I personally think that it wont work for us because we(CT) play each other almost all of the time in relativity to PA so it probly wouldnt work out as good.

pockyD

Smash Legend
no one has ever wobbled their way to anything signficant that they probably couldn't have reached anyway

and yes, wobbles himself is really good too

pockyD

Smash Legend
my god stop whining

the problem with people complaining about wobbling is that the crux of their argument is that they don't want to try harder than the other guy. that's just about the dumbest thing ever

takieddine

Smash Master
Thats not my argument.

My argument is that it is COMPLETELY unfair (I dont mind IC's infinites because they take skill), you just need to mash A, and dominate a bettter player who is potentially a better...

Lets not start up a wobble discussion months before the tourney started...

someone have anything fun to say?(waits for cowboy)

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you're better, you won't get grabbed with the ICs synced and fail to mash out in time -_-

once again, if it were that easy, you would see a ton of random newbs taking top places in big tournaments

instead, i don't think any wobblers (minus chu) made it out of 2nd pools at FC

you guys are blowing it out of proportion; if you are losing just because you are getting wobbled, there's a good chance you just plain aren't as good as you think you are ;)

edit: the reason i'm pressing this is because i thought you guys were better/smarter than this; i'm sick of having the argument with random newb but i am seriously disappointed that you guys have stooped to this level of complaining

takieddine

Smash Master
I understand your point better now, its situational, now that I thought about it...

All I said is that it was unescapable, that that to me is the unfair part.(make a single mistake of shuffling and you get fuxed in the arse).

Let me retract my older statement of "I think this should be banned from this tournament", and let me replace it with this "IC's are ****ing broken".

You sound like we directed the argument against you, but I know you're better than wobbling at a tournament...right..?

Scar

#HarveyDent
I just don't think that anyone enjoys wobbling. Who actually wants to use it in tourney? I don't know, it just seems like a no brainer to just ban it. It makes more people happy.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I just don't think that anyone enjoys wobbling. Who actually wants to use it in tourney? I don't know, it just seems like a no brainer to just ban it. It makes more people happy.
by that logic let's ban peach too! o_o

whatever i'm done, like i said it's more principle than anything and doesn't really affect me. run your tournament how you want komo ;)

A-Laon

Smash Master
We have consistently banned techniques that keep players from being able to control their characters because they destroy the interactivity of the game. There is no way that Wobbling, a move requiring virtually no tactics or technical skill that completely removes your opponent's ability to control their character, in any way fits into the "principle" of this deeply interactive game.

The only argument that can be made to justify Wobbling's inclusion as a "tactic" is that the opponent can avoid being grabbed; however, you can avoid ANY tactic in this game, but even the best of punishers, such as CGs or waveshine infinites, still allow the victim to input DI or other actions that may save them, or maybe the stage may obstruct the tactic's continuation, etc.. Only Wobbling is 100% inescapable, making any action by the victim completely meaningless, and that's why Wobbling, unlike any other powerful punisher, is worthy of banning.

Also, wobbling may not be putting amateurs right next to pros in tournament rankings, but attempting to argue that giving inferior IC players an easy and guaranteed kill move from a grab doesn't give them an edge over many other players is ridiculous. You don't need to be exceptionally skilled with a character to get 4 grabs a game against an opponent of roughly your level, and yet you're rewarded as if you are that skilled.

That's all I'm ever going to say on it, and it should be enough.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Hope you're ready Velocity. You won't make it to El Komosutro. We rigged the drawings so I face you first round automatically. I been practicing, and I BAN FoD!!! You haxxor, randomer cheater face. :-P

xyt

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure there are people who enjoy wobbling
as I enjoy chain grabbing with sheik XD

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure there are people who enjoy wobbling
as I enjoy chain grabbing with sheik XD
I'm pretty sure there are people who like to play Marth and out prioritize every move in the game with his grab. Come here Shiek's f-tilt or (insert name of move)... that'll teach you to not pick Marth!

D

Deleted member

I'll go if I don't have school.

Whether I go or not, I'll probably have another EC/PA smashfest this fall, since so many people requested one.

D

Deleted member

el k cant beat me so idk how thats going to happen though i will admit swift i wont say ne thing that could haunt me and yeah get out of here ,

as im going and draggin dot by his new hair cut and im bringing a copy of smash and maybe a tv and i will also bring anything else that will make this tourny awesome

also dont move the date or i cant come

are there bans and if so is it only banning counters like mlg or ne stage and can it be changed per round , also you should do swiss seating or pools pending the amount of people that show up

what about teams

reik has to come cause hell be pa by then
this match is now automatically taped. $10 on Komo. Someone bet against me.

Top Bottom