• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament @ DeVry in Pomona Sept 22th 2007!! (Saturday)

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
I think that's the right date
Next sat (of the date this was updated)

I actually have 4 tvs
(if anyone is interested in bringing a 3rd cube X3 )
man, I'm looking forward to this one!
I've been practicing so much!
and uh... o, I'm trying to update this flier thing
and put something prettier T_T
but I've been sick and tired...
so forgive me for the delay.

NEW AD! click to enlarge :D

Also I think I might be selling some food items.
um.. I don't have a lot of money, so I can't stock up on too much.
I'd just give it out for free, but I need to reimburse the club,
and it wouldn't be too bad to make a few extra dollars via fund raising.

but yeah, I'm looking at Pizza:
1 slice for $1
3 slices for $2

and I'm going to get sprite and root beer, lol.
(and I'll put it in an ice chest to keep them cool)
1 for $.50 (u save $.30 from the vending machine)

And then there's the quicky combo
6 slices of pizza and 2 sodas for $5
(basically 2 ($2 for 3 pizza slices), and 2 sodas)

I'll probably only have like 4 boxes of pizza,
and 12 sprites, and 12 roots beers... so... ^_^; lol
if your hungry, want to save some gas and time,
and don't want to risk forfeiting a match
(because you left to get food and I had no other matches
to stall with for you, and couldn't afford to wait for ya),

...get it fast. :D

lol

I think that says it all X3

hope to see ya all! :D

The Game II

Smash Champion
Wait so is this the only tournament this weekend? wtf

Well I haven't been to Pomona so this is a chance to highlight that community.

--GCII

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@Suxor
lol,
awesome, feel free to bring a cube X3 we might have an extra tv :)

@Nate
looking forward to ya nate,

@The Game II
lol, well.. one tourney I did, I announced it 2 weeks early XD
then thomassexy decided to spring one up a week later.
who knows, someone else might set one up. :)
in any case, if coming to this one is your final decision,
looking forward to ya being there ^_^

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
lmao thomassexy put up another tourny..... and it has 4 pages of replies on it
Whatever, Pomona is infinately closer to me anyways

*edit*
Scratch that, that tournies cancelled

Suxor

Smash Cadet
Regardless Ill be going to this one its so close and Im excited to meet some smashers around here

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'd go if I had a ride...:( Can anyone give me a ride? I can give you gas moneyz, but not much, I'm a poor kid =/

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
lol, yeah tha'ts kind of far conner ^_^;

@ Nate - J said he'd be there, I'll be there, my cousin will be there. J will probably bring another, and he told me that most people that come to these things won't post that they're coming unless I say there's like a 40 man limit or something.

so honestly, I have no idea.

If its just 7 people, then we'll probably only have a 1st place prize which would be $33-35ish.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
lol, yeah tha'ts kind of far conner ^_^;

@ Nate - J said he'd be there, I'll be there, my cousin will be there. J will probably bring another, and he told me that most people that come to these things won't post that they're coming unless I say there's like a 40 man limit or something.

so honestly, I have no idea.

If its just 7 people, then we'll probably only have a 1st place prize which would be $33-35ish.
so no ride...? it's fine, I'm having a friend over anyways I guess. If you can give me a ride, I would go. :(

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I would, but that's really really far ^_^; lol.
let me clarify, where again? are you? you said where ken is,
isn't that all the way down by long beach? or am I wrong? :D
how far is it from pomona?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah, I would, but that's really really far ^_^; lol.
let me clarify, where again? are you? you said where ken is,
isn't that all the way down by long beach? or am I wrong? :D
how far is it from pomona?
it's about 37 minutes, and I live in Westminster CA which is in teh O.C. Please reply soon or AIM me up so I can know soon! AIM: WhiteBeltNoobxD if you can get me a ride, I'll definietly postpone my plans for tomorrow it's not really near Long Beach either, I don't think. Drive me please??? T_T

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Results:

1. Me
2. Nasty Nate
3. Fox player, didn't get your name

More people should come though. I admit it was poorly ran to begin with like a couple of weeks ago, but now it's standard MLG rules, there were four TVs, things went along smoothly... Obv everyone went to Nezumi's tourny this weekend but if these things are made into weeklies or bi-weeklies, it's convenient for me at least and I'll be going every time I don't have work.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I had work, so no go for me.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Yeah it was well run but not enough people showed up. If this is happening again I recommend others to come.
Good stuff btw neighborhoodP, although I could tell neither of us was playing at our best
Rematch next time

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
X3

hai, I'd post all the results, but my friend Jesse has the program and he didn't give me them. T_T
but yeah, those are the top 3 :)
and it was 'billy' who won third. ^_^ oh wait... no it was J wasn't it?... uh... ^_^; lol. I can't remember.
I think it was billy.

but yeah, awesome stuff. :)

and yes, this tourney was very smooth and efficient... and we didn't have that whole '3rd place makes 2 bucks' or w/e ^_^; cuzz that's just weak. but yeah, with more people we would could actually have a dissent 3rd place prize. :)

I'm thinking our next SSBM tourney at DeVry will be in 3 weeks. And I'll probably run it on a friday so we can stay later. but that's debateable. Cuzz on Saturday the skewl closes at 6. Where as on Friday it closes at 10 I think. (I'll also add we got done very early and started an hour late. ^_^ , (in hope more people would show))

Say, why not let me know if your free on Sat or on Fri? :)
that may influence the final date. ^_^ (I personally like Sat, because I have skewl on Friday.. and its troublesome to skip class X3 )

I'll try to get the long beach people to come again :)
that would be sweet. ^_^

Thank all of you for coming,
and thx for all the pointers and things you taught me :D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Yeah, it was Billy. Sorry for forgetting your name; I'm bad with names at first.

Saturday >> Friday

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm thinking our next SSBM tourney at DeVry will be in 3 weeks. And I'll probably run it on a friday so we can stay later. but that's debateable. Cuzz on Saturday the skewl closes at 6. Where as on Friday it closes at 10 I think. (I'll also add we got done very early and started an hour late. ^_^ , (in hope more people would show))
Three weeks from now would be the 21st and 22nd. According to my calendar, there are no tournaments other than what would be the normal SnC tourney.

If it's a Friday tourney, it increases my chances of going.

--GCII

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah my bad. I should of said this already, but I've been so busy. XD
Not this sat, but next sat we'll have one, singles and doubles. XD
I'll probably FINALLY get the thread later today XD
with a spiffy ad at that :)

so yeah, not this sat (the 15th) but next sat (15+7 = 22nd),
I think its the 22nd XD lol
but yeah, sorry for not advertising sooner,
just helping out with other tourneys (new T.A.s and all) ^_^
ya know how it goes, life... blah blah excuses.

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
oh wow, I've been so busy, and I'm catching a cold!!
that I haven't been able to update!!! gah!!!
I guess I'll update right now, lol.
(forgot I could just edit thread and bump it)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Anyone thinking about going to this? I'm almost certainly going if there's a decent turnout, and if my friends stop johning non-stop that's at least three decent players.

JMW

Smash Apprentice
lol i wont be able to go as it stands right now i've already promised to help a neighbor move and they're paying so eh

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
bwahahah!! I was so proud, I beat up a mildly difficult short hoping falco!! it might even be JMW, I'm not sure his name on here. but I was so proud TwT I lost the first 5 matches because I couldn't figure out how to counter short hop lasering and I had difficulty reading him because he prat falled a lot more than the people I usually play against. but come aroudn 6 game, my counter for short hop lasering was rushing, and I got a lot more accurate with the tilt!! mwahahahaah!!!

2 stocked him 8)

I gotz to work on my game against sheik! I hate sheik's so much. jeez. My cousin trek has been playing her now, he plays him more dissently than most in my group, but nothing like the tournament crazies. None the less, it was so intense trying to get attacks in as he chained everything the crap out of me! I found ways to avoid the chaining stuff, however... when I hit her, I better make sure I combo her to death, or it gives her another oppurtunity to chain me again.

heh, but yeah! I'm having fun and am looking forward to this thing!!

also, met someone on myspace... his name is lil pomona kid or somethign like that. I don't know if he has an account on here, it might be JMW for all I know. (their age is the same, 20). But if JMW isn't that person, he said he was coming and probably bringing a friend. I have no idea how good he is or what not. but yeah, that was pretty kewl. :3

I have told the people in Long Beach, I even challenged Rehab!! 8)
don't know if he's coming. :D
or any of them just yet.
but at the very least, they'll be advertising for us (I hope)

and yeah, I still got to remake a prettier ad for this thing.
its just, life. lol.

looking forward to everyone!! I'll go ahead and pm nasty nate too :D
he said , he'd bring more friends last time. but he might be busy. :3

JMW

Smash Apprentice
bwahahah!! I was so proud, I beat up a mildly difficult short hoping falco!! it might even be JMW, I'm not sure his name on here. but I was so proud TwT I lost the first 5 matches because I couldn't figure out how to counter short hop lasering and I had difficulty reading him because he prat falled a lot more than the people I usually play against. but come aroudn 6 game, my counter for short hop lasering was rushing, and I got a lot more accurate with the tilt!! mwahahahaah!!!

2 stocked him 8)

I gotz to work on my game against sheik! I hate sheik's so much. jeez. My cousin trek has been playing her now, he plays him more dissently than most in my group, but nothing like the tournament crazies. None the less, it was so intense trying to get attacks in as he chained everything the crap out of me! I found ways to avoid the chaining stuff, however... when I hit her, I better make sure I combo her to death, or it gives her another oppurtunity to chain me again.

heh, but yeah! I'm having fun and am looking forward to this thing!!

also, met someone on myspace... his name is lil pomona kid or somethign like that. I don't know if he has an account on here, it might be JMW for all I know. (their age is the same, 20). But if JMW isn't that person, he said he was coming and probably bringing a friend. I have no idea how good he is or what not. but yeah, that was pretty kewl. :3

I have told the people in Long Beach, I even challenged Rehab!! 8)
don't know if he's coming. :D
or any of them just yet.
but at the very least, they'll be advertising for us (I hope)

and yeah, I still got to remake a prettier ad for this thing.
its just, life. lol.

looking forward to everyone!! I'll go ahead and pm nasty nate too :D
he said , he'd bring more friends last time. but he might be busy. :3

That post is just crazy right there all these claims that it might be me lol all i have to say is it wasnt me lol. and the myspace person isnt me either. that is all....and just to say i did it once E40 out this hizzznitch :chuckle:

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
lol, I don't know what that means but I'm glad to hear your not either of those, because that increases the probability that 'they' will be coming :3

Top Bottom