• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament @ DeVry in Pomona Sept 22th 2007!! (Saturday)

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
sweeeeeeeet :D lol,
yeah, know how that goes 6th :)
maybe there's someone in your area you can carpool with? ^_^
so your mom won't be like "your driving so far!" or something.
(like my mom does)

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@ 6th Sense:

experienced players that are going (that have told me they were) are Neighborhood P and Nasty Nate. I'm going, but am currently unpredictable :) I may or may not be able to kick your as*, it all matters on how fast I can learn to read you. A guy from Pomona is going. I have no idea what his skill level is, but he didn't know what MLG meant, so. Doubt he's played in a serious tournament. I'm hoping to get Rehab to come, he's pretty dissent as well :)

@Dahkterem

woot! :D yes there are teams! We'll be doing that first, then singles. :3

@araknophobik

lol, alas I cannot. I already reserved the 4 tvs for sat,
and I've been advertising this thing for Saturday for a while now.
In addition, I'm hosting a magic the gathering/ yugioh tournament on friday.
so I'll be busy :)

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i'll try to attend this. But i originally just searched for Pomona because, Fall Quarter is starting soon for Cal Poly Pomona, and I'm looking for people who live on campus who play. For those hours before/between/after classes, just to pass the time.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
just so you know, whoever made this thread, if the date is 22

it's 22nd

not 22th
^___^

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@ church: it would be sweet to have ya there :3

@ 6th Sense: lawl

@Nezumi: lol, thx for pointing it out, at the moment, I'm too lazy to change it lol and I got to get to skewl.

@The Game II: Sign Ups are at 11am, it starts at 12pm. If you're running a little late, just call me and I can hold it off a little. (my number is on the front page).

@NeighborhoodP: sure! that would be awesome :3 and it'll help make the tourney run even faster :3
(which is good with more people showing up), thx

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@ arak,
oh nice. That should be interesting, lol.

@6th Sense,
what does that have to do with this?! lol! I say dancing, cuzz you can smash at any time :) if you're refering to the tournament. I'd like you to show, but ya know how it goes, have a life, don't live for video games alone. ^w^

Dodger

Smash Ace
Thank God. I was scared there wouldn't be a tournament this weekend. I will be there. I'm in desperate need of practice for SCC (lol not like it will matter though)

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@ Dodger: SCC? what's that?

!!! Rehab is coming!! :D He said he was via Myspace!!
He's pretty good! I revere him for his chain throwing and defensive way of playing :3
should be fun getting are match with him!

Dodger

Smash Ace
SCC is Super Champ Combo. The west coast's MLG sponsored smash event that will be happening a week after the Pomona tournament.

Lit

Smash Ace
i might show up to this, it depends if i feel like waking up in the moring.
And fargokraft what is your gamin tag? bec i dont know who u are soooo yea
And lol 6th, yeah it is true i havent even played you in the past 4 months, man wats happenin.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
I have my school homecoming dance on Wed.....so its either Smash or FREAK DANCING!!:D Which one? hmm
Oops I meant Saturday lol

@6th Sense,
what does that have to do with this?! lol! I say dancing, cuzz you can smash at any time :) if you're refering to the tournament. I'd like you to show, but ya know how it goes, have a life, don't live for video games alone. ^w^
agreed and now you know what that has to do with the tournament:ohwell:

More like August David..

Lit

Smash Ace
NO it wasnt, and wat the hell u called me david??? Since when? see look that shows u havent played me in a while. ur starting to sound like everyone else. No freaking way.
And i havent played u since that one time i road my bike up to your house. And that was like 3-4 months ago

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
whoa lol, that's very interesting :3

lol holy crap! I didn't see all these other comments.

@HeadAche: gaming tag? is that the 4 letter thing. lol, I usually don't use one, but if I did it would probably be "MEDI"

@MenacingMike: whoa, that's 5 peoplez lol that would be kewl :D

well... I didn't expect 40 people to show up ^_^; lol, I honestly was looking at 20ish.
uh... lol, yeah. hmmm, lol. well I'll have 4 tvs. for sure. So, yeah 3. Adam said he'd bring his, so probably 4. as for 5... um... well hmmm, lol. yeah.. ^_^; well, if this ends up being bigger than expected or planned for, I"ll take it up with student services, and next time I'll probably have more tvs :)

As for cubes, I'd still only have 3.. oh wait!! I can have those guys from long beach bring some! but yeah... I'll see what I can do to get more :)

In any case, under the circumstances, it looks like I have to actually start the tournament on time this time! lol :D

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
i'll ask inks to bring his tv, and cubes..

O_O whoa! thx, that would be tight, ok I'll make preparations to set those things up.
If you could, have some power stripes (multi hole things for electricity) :D

k this is who I'm expecting thus far (not for sure confirmed, but possibly)

1Neighborhood P
2Arak
3Rehab
4FargoKraft
5Kitamari Go
6Princess a.k.a RainbowFury
7nastyNate
8(probably nate's friend)
9(probably nate's other friend)
10Nashun
11Hero
12Dahkterem
13Knivez
14Headache
15Menacing Mike
16INKS
17Nes
18Rob_West
19Tofu
20J
21Jovan
22 Pomona Kid
23 Pomona Kid's friend

so yeah, 23 people, that's no where near 40. I think we'll be ok, especially if Mike brings a tv and cubes :)

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
sweet :)
gl on the team mate :)
they do, but you have to register your labtop,
so I doubt you'll be able to use the internet, sorry. :O

The Game II

Smash Champion
Don't stop the tournament for me. I'm driving back from Stockton, so I might not get there until 3 or 4.

And if they have internet, then we'll be doing the live broadcast again (yea). So prepare your smack talk for the chatroom.

--GCII

$ick

Smash Lord
Wow, I totally missed this thread some how.. I wish I would've seen it earlier, I would've definitely gone. I'll see if I can still come, but not really sure. =/

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
@ arak: tiiiight :D

Regarding internet: again, you have to be registered with the skewl's internet or something like that to actually be able to use it.

@Sick: its all good, if you can, sweet. if not, that's kewl. :3

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
anybody here going from the south... Im in norwalk, if someone could give me a ride, that would be sweet...

Top Bottom