• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Touhou Mafia~ The Girls' Have Been Robbed - Independent Marker Victory

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Well.

First time in MYLO as town.

Seph you're cleared. I'm cleared. Let's ****ing do work toDay.

Asdioh and Zen should just crossvote whenever they're ready so we can get this **** started.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Mod/Game: Seph wanted me to post that he is his away at Genesis and will not be able to post that much till he gets back on mondayish. So yeah he's V/LA at the moment.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Oh and I completely waffled on my actual reads yesterDay.

I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999% sure that Zen is the final scum.

It goes without saying that I'm only alive toDay because I was roleblocked. I knew I would be roleblocked if the game wasn't over after the Rockin but I still tried to WIFOM that my action would go through yesterDay while saying I thought Asdioh was the final scum because I hoped it would get me through the Night alive. Looks like it worked.

Due to play alone Asdioh has 100x more town points than Zen. He claimed early D2 with no pressure on him just to gambit a guilty on Soupamario. A scum player would never have claimed so willingly. Ever. Plus he has put tons of effort into this thread and has shown a genera interest in finding scum while Zen's play has been the epitome of coasting scum (Zen is also known to be disinterested in games as scum).

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Also think about this.

Nabe wanted Zen dead at the end of yesterDay while I wanted him alive. Just thinking about this on the surface it makes sense that I am alive to keep scumZen alive. But think about it closer. If Asdioh is scum, why is Nabe dead? Nabe and Seph were cleared the exact same amount (due to the mason claim). If Asdioh is scum he would have been able to get away with a Seph kill which would make sense from a scum standpoint because he is cleared and still have kept Nabe alive for toDay.

Nabe being in Asdioh's corner would have helped him alot in LYLO. ScumZen would want Nabe dead for toDay's decision.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Kooz I'm sad if you're serious. I am pretty much clear. And Nabe wanted Asdioh dead upon Rockin flip.

But we'll see now I guess.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Kuz, Marisa, Independent Aligned Marker has officially robbed you all and won!

Asdioh, Sanae, Town Aligned Jack of All Trades had all of her donations stolen and has been end gamed.

Zen, Hong, Mafia Aligned Ninja-Roleblocker had her manga stolen and has been end gamed.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
More info to come, but for now, the mod error was that I had forgotten my masons were lifelinked as it didn't make it into my notes for whatever reason.

I apologize as I understand I'm a terrible host and will not be hosting anything else without a co-mod.

All in all, this was rather experimental and happened to go to worst case scenario, but I still liked watching how it developed. I'd never run this set-up back, but I learned a lot about what I can get away with in regards to kill power vs. protective power and a few more things.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Here are the role PMs. I'm afraid that I don't have the who targeted who list other than Kuz (Had to watch that). I lost it midway through when I lost my action log by updating my computer to Windows 7 and then didn't have the drive (especially through that Disney trip) to keep up with it and moderate this game well. Again, I thank the players for putting up with me.

The next post will contain some more role information then I'll get on to what I remembered wanting to tell specific players. I don't promise a commentary for everyone.

I'm still deciding whether to give Kuz MvP or to No MvP. I think I'm gonna give it to Kuz.

[collapse="Mafia PMs"]

You are Patchouli, Mafia Aligned Tree Stump

Abilities: Once during the game at any time you may openly announce to be the tree stump. In order to do so you must post [including the bold]: I am the tree stump. Upon doing so you will be confirmed as this game's tree stump - you will lose your vote and will no longer be able to vote, be voted or affected by any other action, during night or day phase. You no longer count towards the majority and you are no longer able to communicate with the rest of the mafia.

You may communicate with your scumbuddies Meirin [Zen], Sakuya [Gordito] and Remilia [Joey] using the following quicktopic: <link>
If you use any other means to communicate then you're required to post a transcript of your conversation in the quicktopic.

Your safeclaim is Mokou, town aligned tree stump.

You win when the mafia outnumbers every other faction or nothing can prevent this.

Good luck!

You are Sakuya, Mafia Aligned Witch

Abilities: Each night phase you may choose to follow a player of your choosing by sending me the target's name via PM. You will keep track of him and as soon you see that somebody visits your target you will take the opportunity and throw a knife at him. Your targetet will die and be removed from the game.

You may communicate with your scumbuddies Meirin [Zen], Patchouli [Overswarm] and Remilia [Joey] using the following quicktopic: <link>
If you use any other means to communicate then you're required to post a transcript of your conversation in the quicktopic.

Your safeclaim is Tenshi, town aligned Commuter.

You win when the mafia outnumbers every other faction or nothing can prevent this.

Good luck!

You are Hong Meirin, Mafia Aligned Ninja-Roleblocker

Abilities: Each night phase you may choose to roleblock a player of your choosing by sending me the target's name via PM. All night actions performed during that night by the targeted player will fail. In addition your roleblock is hidden by your "ninja" status - note that this counts only for the roleblock. If you send in the night kill the ninja status will only affect the roleblock!

You may communicate with your scumbuddies Sakuya [Gordito], Patchouli [Overswarm] and Remilia [Joey] using the following quicktopic: <link>

Your safeclaim is Alice, "only Vanilla townie in the game".

Good luck!

You are Remilia, Mafia Aligned Godmother

Abilities: As the host of the sleepover you are immune to cop investigation - he will get a "guilty" in place of "innocent" and vice versa.

You may communicate with your scumbuddies Sakuya [Gordito], Patchouli [Overswarm] and Meirin [Zen] using the following quicktopic: <link>

Your safeclaim is Suwako, Town Aligned Super Saint.

Good luck!
[/collapse]

[collapse="Independent PMs"]

You are Utsuho, Independent Aligned Serial Killer

News have come to your ear that a Sleepover takes place at the Scarlet Mansion with some of Gensokyo's biggest names. A perfect opportunity for you to get rid of a powerful opposition in a harmless environment - in order to fulfill your plan of subduing all of Gensokyo you decide to sneak into the mansion and blend in with the hosts and invitees looking out for the perfect opportunity...

Abilities: Each night you may kill a player of your choosing by sending me his name via PM. Not only will you kill the player but you will also receive inforamtion on what actions were performed against your target, serving as ability to compromise with your safe claim.
You are immune against all night actions.

Your safeclaim is Momizi, Town Aligned Voyeur.

You are independently aligned - you win if you're the last player standing or nothing can prevent this.

Good luck!

You are Marisa, Independent Aligned Marker

News have come to your ear that a Sleepover takes place at the Scarlet Mansion with some of Gensokyo's biggest names but you are not among them! Truly a shame for one of the biggest name's in Gensokyo! Out of spite you decide to sneak into Scarlet's Mansion where thse Sleepover takes place and rob the attendants of their properties to show them that nobody should forget you so easily!

Abilities: Each night you may choose to rob a player of your choosing. You will not directly steal anything from them but leave a "mark" which is essential for your win condition. In addition upon stealing you will be notified on whether your target is "home" [not performing a night action] or "not home" [performing a night action]. This serves as a "reporter" fake claim.
You are immune against all lethal night actions

You are independently aligned - you win when you have robbed all remaining players at some point during the course of the game [note that this applies even if you're dead - you just can't steal or do anything anymore].

Good luck!

You are Yuyuko Saigyouji, the Independent Warlock

You weren't exactly invited to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for the Sleepover Extravaganza, but seeing as you are a ghost, no one was going to stop you, so you came anyway. However, you quickly found yourself rather bored. It was a much needed relief when people started dying, relieving your boredom. Now you occupy yourself by guessing who will be blamed for the deaths.

Abilities: You have the ability to invite mortal souls to death, but to use it here would be irresponsible and completelty against your nature, so you merely guess at who will be the next target. Every night phase, you select one player. If that player is lynched the following Day Phase, then you award yourself a point. Should you reach three points, you tell yourself, you will have won your game and will decide to leave. Also, being the ghost that you are, you're immune to lynch.

Good luck!

Safeclaim:

You are Yuyuko Saigyouji, the Unlynchable Townie.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Town PM"]

You are Youmu Konpaku, the Town Aligned Mason

You are the gardener in Hakugyokurou and a strange entity. You are a part-human, part-phantom, but the two parts exist simultaneously in separate parties. You are enjoying your time off at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and you will be damned if you'll let it be ruined.

Abilities: You may communicate with your human half in this quick topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rvVny5gVArLY
Any other communication should have a log posted in the quicktopic.
In addition, as you are both the same person, if one of you dies, so does the other.

Good luck!

You are Youmu Konpaku, the Town Aligned Mason

You are the gardener in Hakugyokurou and a strange entity. You are a part-human, part-phantom, but the two parts exist simultaneously in separate parties. You are enjoying your time off at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and you will be damned if you'll let it be ruined.

Abilities: You may communicate with your Phantom half in this quick topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/rvVny5gVArLY
Any other communication should have a log posted in the quicktopic.
In addition, as you are both the same person, if one of you dies, so does the other.

Good luck!

You are Aya Shameimaru, the Town Aligned Day Cop

You are Gensokyo's resident reporter and when your invitation came you found it your duty to report as monumental an event as this Sleepover Extravaganza. However, things at the Scarlet Devil Mansion turned sour and your reporter's senses began to tingle.

Abilities: You are a grade-A reporter and will use your abilities to interrogate the suspects for the scoop of a lifetime. Only,.. just during the day, when it's safe out. Once per day you may PM me with a target to investigate. You will be told if they are guilty or innocent. Failure to use your ability will result in loss of your ability for the day.

Good luck!

You are Sanae Kochiya, the Town Aligned Jack of All Trades

You are a human, but also a distant descendant of a god. When you received an invitation to the Sleepover Extravaganza at the Scarlet Devil Mansion you graciously accepted. You were enjoying a chance to simply enjoy yourself, but the experience was short lived when things went wrong. With a prayer to your gods, you decided to put your skills to the task of bringing about justice.

Abilities: Being a descendant of the god, Suwako Moriya, you inherited powers that you can utilize. You can choose to do one of the following every night, but once you use that ability, it cannot be used again.

Detect: You may investigate one player as a cop would. Your sanity is divinely confirmed.

Smite: Calling upon the power of your god, you may strike down one player in the night, acting as a Vigilante. Be warned, they may be protected and your shot will be gone.

Bless: You may bless one player who will then find themselves protected against a night kill the night this ability is used.

Good Luck!

You are Cirno, the Town Aligned Bumbling Fairy

You are the strongest ice fairy around and take pride in your abilities, even if you are a bit of a klutz. You thought it was obvious that you would be invited to the Sleepover Extravaganza despite the fact that it's a miracle you were. When things went wrong, you were gung-ho about putting an end to the mess, but you mostly get in the way.

Abilities: While you have no powers you can really use in this situation, it's worth noting that you sleepwalk and could be seen walking around at night. Also, you tend to be blamed for things, so a cop investigation would yield a guilty on you. Once per night you must send me a target for you to dream about and, consequently, sleepwalk to.

Good luck!

You are Yukari Yakumo, the Town Aligned Jailer

You are the youkai of boundaries and a Gensokyo VIP. You, obviously, were invited to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for the Sleepover Extravaganza. You were about to turn in for your beauty sleep when the trouble started. Sighing, you decided you had better make sure it was taken care of quickly so you could return to sleeping.

Abilities: With power over boundaries, you can move people from place to place. Once every night, you may target someone and remove them from the Scarlet Devil Mansion. This will stop them from being killed, but will also stop them from being able to act that night.

Good luck!

You are Reisen, the Town Aligned Vote Linker

You are a lunar rabbit who, through a series of events, ended up fleeing to Gensokyo. You've adjusted fairly well, and were overjoyed to find an invitation to the Scarlet Devil Mansion for the Sleepover Extravaganza. When the crap hit the fan, you decided to make sure that everyone made sure they stayed in this together.

Abilities:You have various strange powers and decided to use them here. Once every night, you must send two players names. The next day they will share a vote and any votes made by one will force the other to change as well.

Good luck!

You are Hina, Town Aligned Curse Godess.

You are a poor soul - kindhearted to all human beings and yet you bring misfortune upon whomever you meet. After all, you are the curse godess and despite being free of all guilt people avoid you. To break out of your isolated life as a godess and causer of misfortune you decided to join the Sleepover at the Scarlet Mansion. Of course that doesn't make you any less liable to the others ...

Ability: Each night you *must* choose one of the spells "A", "B" or "C" and a target by sending me the name of the spells and the name of your target via PM. You will cast that spell on the targeted player and he will be affected by it. However, you are not aware of the effects of the spell but you have to use them. Failure to send in the command will cause all choices to be randomized and the action will take place anyway.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

You are Lily White, Town Aligned Tracker.

Winter goes and spring comes - and with it the loud and proud announcement of the little fairy Lily White. As a representator of spring you embody cheerfulness, light mood and a friendly nature. As such you're a very popular guest among the people of Gensokyo - needless to say you are among the very top on the invitation list to the Sleepover at Scarlet's Mansion ... an opportunity you don't want to miss!

Ability: Each night you may follow a player of your choosing during the night by sending me the command Track: <player> via PM. You will quietly follow and observe the targeted player and when day starts again you will learn about all the players your target chose to visit.

Good luck!

You are Mima, Town Aligned Bulletproof.

A ghost who haunts the central area of Gensokyo once you seeked revenge against the human race - for reasons unknown. You know you spend most of your time trying to find a way to get back to life and due to your enermous abilities you remain confident that one day your dream will come true. The invitation the Sleepover at Scarlet Mansion came just in time since you suspected for a while that you may find valuable information in the Mansion's library. It didn't take long for you to realize that accepting the invitation is the best decision.

Ability: You call yourself a "mere soul", others call you a "ghost". Regardless of what you actually are named you're clealy imaterial and therefore immune against all lethal night actions.You can still be lynched during the daytime under the eyes of the people though so watch out for that!

Good luck!

You are Shikieiki, Town Aligned Gambler.

Heaven or hell ... when people decease it is up to you to judge upon them and decide on whether they'll get to paradise or damnation. As one of the higest judges in the underworld you possess enormous powers but also a deeply moralic and honest personality, which makes you popular among the people you didn't get to "judge" yet. To get your presence - and perhaps to please you as well! - you were chosen as one of the guests at the Sleepover at Scarlet Mansion.

Ability: Each night you must choose a target by sending me his name via PM. There's a 50% chance that he'll be sent to paradise during that night making him immune to any lethal night actions and there's a 50% chance that you will send him to the depth of hell where he will remain until the end of time. Note that you *must* perform this night action - failure to send in a command will cause the choice to be randomized so that action will take place as long as you are in the game!

Good luck!
[/collapse]

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Actually I am mad. I went through this whole game just to find out I couldn't win no matter what I did? How was Kooz inno? That essentially made him Unlynchable bulletproof indy :mad:!!!!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah. You couldn't that final Day.

However if you had killed Asdioh we could have jointed.

Indies are inno. Dealwithit.jpg

Also you could roleblock me at anytime which was a huge boon to your role and I had to mark every single player alive not myself which is tough as **** and warranted a BP. If you let me get to endgame with all those NLs and no NKs then I don't see how you should have had a shot of winning over me. You being on a 4man team while I being alone.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gova's role, Hina the Curse Goddess could target a player with spell A, B, or C. This did nothing but select a player. His role had five possible effects that could occur and the spell selected had no effect on it.

The effects were as follows:

1.) Kingmaker - Initiated a kingmaker scenario. This occured once when he targeted Rockin with the same spell he targeted Zen with. Zen got effect #2.

2.) Foolmaker - Forced all players to make fun of one player. The player who made the least fun of the player (as judged by the mod) was voteblocked the next day.

3.) Voteblock - This occured once and is just a one day vote block.

4.) Posting Restriction - The player was forced to use a painfully annoying restriction. They had to Google Translate their posts into Japanese and back into English before posting. This was honor system based at a certain point because I wasn't gonna double check.

5.) I lost it in my original notes and do not remember the effect, but Gova died immediately after I lost it, so I never bothered Gheb to figure out what it was. Some of the things I remember discussing for it were to make the player hated for a day(one less vote required to lynch), give them a double vote for a day, make them only able to hammer for a day, make them unable to hammer for a day, and give their vote to a random player or Gova for a day.

Overswarm's role, once activated would not be targetable by anyone but J. J could vote link Overswarm and another player thereby giving OS a vote albeit one he had to fight for control of. Also, he would be announced as the Tree Stump. His alignment was never going to be announced and, if questioned, I would say, I will not elaborate.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Actually I am mad. I went through this whole game just to find out I couldn't win no matter what I did? How was Kooz inno? That essentially made him Unlynchable bulletproof indy :mad:!!!!
You played well, imo, I was actually really impressed, but the cards fell right for the marker. His BP was never exposed to the town and multiple No Kills and No Lynches left him much more control over who was left. The more information he gets, the more he can gauge who will win.

You should've heard him freaking out at the mason claim when he thought he was boned.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah I did think I was boned and then I lied about my claim to clear Zen even though I knew he was mafia in the hope that he would kill of the people I needed to mark for me.

I also pretty much led the lynch every Day on anyone in particular that I hadn't marked. Except the Day Nabe had to die lol

Man that stew lynch was fun.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Players I wanted to comment on:

Overswarm - You made me so mad. I loved that role and you knew there were night kills you weren't accounting for flying around and how high profile a target you were, but you didn't stump. Balls of steel, I appreciate, but I would loved to have seen how you would've been able to affect the game with a permanent presence. When random number gen gave you that role, I was so excited, but oh well.

Kuz - I thought your role was actually underpowered with all the kill power going around. I enjoyed hearing you talking about your plans as the game progressed. I just had to pokerface through it all whenever the subject came up when talking about D.Gray or Ducktales. That aside, you played smart and identified players you could take to end game and manipulated the scenario to get them there. You getting scared by those masons made me mute my mic so I could laugh so hard.

Zen - Your team just kinda fell apart around you and you weren't in the best of situations. Your roleblocker was still there, but your ninja was pretty invalidated by the fact that you had to kill people yourself. I didn't like the way you kept trying to kill these clears that wouldn't die and left Laundry around, but I can see your logic. Those concerns aside, I liked your play and the push at the end on Asdioh was superb, especially seeing as he had been town in people's eyes for so long.

Laundry - You lucky *******. Your claim was so bad. You had no idea if you had roleblocked scum or protected town or if something else was at play. I REALLY disliked that move.

Gova - You figured me out before it even happened. Sorry you couldn't Foolmaker Rockin.

Asdioh - Asdioh, Asdioh, Asdioh. Question Kuz's motivations. Never count out the possibility that he's scum. Aside from that, I liked the way you used your night actions.

Rockin - I laughed when random number gen gave you the Sleepwalking Miller role. Thanks for being a good sport about it. I was worried that the guy who got that role would be a ***** about it.

Gorf - Dude, you let yourself get called out. Your role was so powerful on your team. Gotta stay alive, bro.

Most disappointing parts of the game to me were in order from bad to worse:

4.) Witch Had Zero Effect

This was the most curious addition to the balance of the game, in my eyes, but I didn't get to see how it panned out, so I don't have any idea for next time.

3.) J dying early.

That role was so cool. I wanted to see how people dealt with having their vote shared and the majority vote ****ed with, especially with how all the conflicting scenarios could go (TvM, TvI, MvI, IvI).

2.) DayCop Lynch

Town shot one of their strongest roles and early too. The DayCop was designed to beat the Witch and the Ninja.

1.) OS Got Night Killed

Been over this. Straight up heartbreaking.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah. You couldn't that final Day.

However if you had killed Asdioh we could have jointed.

Indies are inno. Dealwithit.jpg

Also you could roleblock me at anytime which was a huge boon to your role and I had to mark every single player alive not myself which is tough as **** and warranted a BP. If you let me get to endgame with all those NLs and no NKs then I don't see how you should have had a shot of winning over me. You being on a 4man team while I being alone.
I couldn't win on any day. When you put it out in terms of what each role could have possibly done, yes. But when you actually apply it to human players, no. I tried to night kill you twice, TWICE. Essentially confirming you as BP. Why would anyone waste a roleblock on a simple BP with no indication of any other abilities? There was no way to get you lynched after the inno.

With BP Nix, Roleblocker Laundry, and Indy Sold on the loose there was hardly anything I could do. 4 man team? Two of our members were night killed within just two nights? Even with all of mafs PR we still had such a low chance of winning this game with all the Powerups town and Indys got. Maf had no control this game at all. Why would I ever kill Asdioh? He was the only way that I could win from the pov of not knowing your role.

I did ponder why you claimed that I was home when I wasn't. Seph was the only one you needed to mark then?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Again, I'm a **** host and, tbh, this game was highly experimental. I want to run the flavor back and do it justice with a good Co-Mod. I know I can always count on Laundry, Gova, or Sold2 to help me out with votecounts and getting flips up at the right time.

Don't hate me and give Touhou Mafia 2 a shot when it gets through the queue. Next time it will be a different kind of zany and it'll have original flavor (although not as original as the flavor I started this game with) instead of me being lazy and stopping my awesome flavors in favor of simple pictures. Oh, and someone else will have my back.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I went through the game until D8 killing and marking everyone I needed to except both Seph and Nabe.

Tried to lynch Nabe D8 and mark Seph N8 which would have gave me the win but the mason claim blocked me from going any farther. I then was forced to kill Nix, get roleblocked, kill rockin and then pray to god you shot one of the masons.

In lylo with one mason left I had a good plan on winning but it wasn't needed apparently because they were lifelinked.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ryker said:
Gorf - Dude, you let yourself get called out. Your role was so powerful on your team. Gotta stay alive, bro.
I call bulls*** I got called out. I'll eat my foot if Soup said he targeted me for being scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I see. I have to look over the possible ways you could have lost.

Can we get a compilation of all the night actions from everyone?

Top Bottom