• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally Flavorless Mafia! from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

fragbait

Smash Master
You know what Lyth? We all already know that I'm NOT scum, as evidenced by the cop's investigation, and yet, I do a poke vote and I'm automatically scummy? I'm keeping my vote on. Also, AFAIK, I've made no "Mistakes" to speak of, as I'm known vanilla.

fragbait

Smash Master
Furthermore, I'ma have to agree with vrael above. You have something bad to say about everyone except DZLE, where you don't even post reasoning behind your opinion, simply "looking town". With everyone else, you at least somewhat posted why you think what you think.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You know what Lyth? We all already know that I'm NOT scum, as evidenced by the cop's investigation, and yet, I do a poke vote and I'm automatically scummy? I'm keeping my vote on. Also, AFAIK, I've made no "Mistakes" to speak of, as I'm known vanilla.
Well, ****. I completely forgot about that. And I know it was a poke vote, but I'm still allowed to think voting like that is rash, especially at this point in the game. But knowing what I do now, my impression of you changes completely. Wow, I feel like an idiot.

Furthermore, I'ma have to agree with vrael above. You have something bad to say about everyone except DZLE, where you don't even post reasoning behind your opinion, simply "looking town". With everyone else, you at least somewhat posted why you think what you think.
I didn't post anything bad about Vrael, in case you haven't noticed. I just wanted to hear his opinion. And if I think Frown's a newb, then I think he's a newbie townie. But I get this nagging feeling that he's scum, because he's pretty quick to jump on the bandwagon with everyone else's opinions in tow, and no formulations of his own (that I've noticed anyway). And I think DZLE is "looking town" because he hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise. If you can think of any instances where DZLE looks scummy, I'd be glad to hear them.

Revised impressions:

Vrael: Still looking to hear your opinon.

Frown: Still newb or scum.

fragbait: TOWN.

DZLE: Still town, at the moment.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Here:

I agree with this. Elder Sis is looking very town at the moment. I think Roxy is trying too hard to start a bandwagon against Elder Sis. Roxy is starting to look very scummy to me.

But for now: unvote vote: Sinz
No conclusive evidence for that. States that Roxy is suspicious, but then votes for Sinz.

I would just like to say that Frown seems content to jump on anything resembling a bandwagon.
Fair enough, but then a few posts later she:

vote: Frown
Jumps right on Frown's bandwagon with no evidence provided. Bandwagoning yourself. Being a hypocrite doesn't help you look like town.

I'll give my D1 impressions when I get home from work this evening.

PS - It's March break right now, so I'm working eight to pretty-much-anywhere hours everyday. I won't be as active as I would like, but I'll still try to get in here and post.
I'd still like to see these. It's day 4 and they were never posted.

Note that although Lythium stated that Roxy was suspicious on multiple occasions, she never actually voted for him. Why would someone who was town not vote for someone obviously suspicious who turned out being scum?

I have to say that the above information is pretty conclusive. I don't know if I'm being bandwagon'd or not, but I'm not taking chances.

vote: rPSI
Another bandwagon vote without actually providing evidence.

Jeez, guys. Bandwagon much?

My impressions of the game so far:

Vrael: Playing things pretty close to the vest. I would like to hear your thoughts on what has happened so far, if you don't mind.
My thoughts:

Day 1: Not lynching was a good decision in my opinion. Although Frown was very suspicious at the beginning, he cleaned up his act later so keeping him in the game has done a decent amount of good.

Night 1: Weird kill in my opinion.

Day 2: Roxy lynch was needed. We eliminated the first scum, good stuff.

Night 2: What a weird night. Another seemingly random Mafia kill (Exn) and we lost our doctor. The doctor loss was bad, because it led to the NK of Ndayday.

Day 3: rPSI just kinda screwed up here. Stupid of him to claim cop when he wasn't, it just made him look more suspicious than it was worth, even if he was trying to protect Nday.

Night 3: Unfortunate, but inevitable. With no doctor and Nday claiming cop, it was obvious.

Frown: Newb or scum. Probably the former.
Still? He's played a lot better in the last few in game days.

fragbait: Bandwagoneer/impulse voter, which is sketchy, in my humble opinion. Takes the heat off your mistakes.
He's town, why are you trying to make a case against him? Nday has already confirmed this, and he was a town cop so there's no reason for him to lie.

DZLE: Looking pretty town at the moment.
Like Frown (I think, coulda been frag) said, this is the only person Lyth has anything good to say about. Didn't explain until I asked about it.

Agreeing with NdayDADDY.
Being a odd night cop when he role claimed wouldve been important, and he wouldnt have left it out unless he left it out on purpose to mindgame us, which is unlikely. And never completely answering frown is suspicious.
But I can't completely take suspicion off you, either, Nday.

I'll break the ice, but of course this is 100% subject to change.

Vote: rPSI
Starts the PSI bandwagon which ends in a lynch of a townie.

Fun fact: DZLE didn't vote for Roxy either.

The only four people to not vote for Roxy were Roxy (scum), Matt (who provided evidence for not voting and was the doctor), Lyth, and DZLE.

So yeah, there's my post.

I'm not going to vote right now because if Lyth ends up town then a Mafia could just hammer. Which leads me to another reason I think Lyth could be scum: if Lyth were town, and frag voted for her, then the two Mafia members that (presumably) remain, could easily just hammer and win the game. But since this has not happened, it leads me to believe that perhaps Lyth is scum, and that is why they haven't hammered her.

So yeah, Strong FoS: Lyth

DZLE

Smash Master
I'm impressed with Vrael's post concerning Lyth and her playstyle throughout this game. You are very good at catching things, and every claim you made in that post just made sense to me. Aside from not being too active, actions she has made can be constituted as possibly scummy.

Although I have no solid evidence, this is enough for me to at least get the ball rolling along with frag.

VOTE: Lythium

DZLE

Smash Master
And as for what's said about me, I don't really know how to respond. Out of everyone, Lythium and Vrael look most scummy to me.

They could easily be arguing back and forth like that to get us to think that they are opposite roles of eachother, when easily they could be the remaining mafia members trying to mindgame us all into doing something stupid in the end.

My vote stays, I need to see where this could go.

DZLE

Smash Master
I've come to notice you can't rule out anything in this game. Every small action could mean something big. Don't forget that, and don't let people lure you into a false sense of security in who they really are.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Unless Lyth posts anything conclusive that would make me think she shouldn't be lynched, I might hammer.

Or if anyone else objects, of course. I'm not going to do anything until she posts. No one hammer yet.

Also DZLE I'd like to know what you think of Frown at this point. Imagine that he had not been suspicious in D1 at all. What would you think of him without those scummy actions?

DZLE

Smash Master
I'll write D1 off to being new, because of course I am there too, this being my first game.

My opinion on frown is pretty passive... he hasnt done anything to make me suspicous, but that in itself could make him seem suspicious. I'm trying to think around everything I can to see where the situation stands. I'm not gonna FoS frown, but we should probably watch him.

Although the same can be said about every single person left. If NO MAFIA dies this day, they win the game. We need to be careful

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yeah, if we don't kill a Mafia today we lose.

I want to see Lyth's response.

Fragbait, what is your opinion on Frown?

I'll post my thoughts:

Frown was really suspicious at the beginning, but I feel like he was tunneled way too hard on D1. Since then he's really calmed down the sketchiness, and has just been going with the flow. This could be a good or bad thing, so I'm watching him.

Frown, who are your two main suspects, and why?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
VOTE COUNT

Lythium (2): fragbait, DZLE

Not voting: Lythium, Vrael, Frown

K guys, I'm borrowing my moms comp today, so i'm not dead :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No conclusive evidence for that. States that Roxy is suspicious, but then votes for Sinz.
I was giving Roxy the benefit of the doubt. Sinz was pushing for a bandwagon pretty hard on D1, which I thought was more suspicious than Roxy at the time.

Vrael said:
Fair enough, but then a few posts later she:

Jumps right on Frown's bandwagon with no evidence provided. Bandwagoning yourself. Being a hypocrite doesn't help you look like town.
Taking that completely out of context is ridiculous. I said Frown looked suspicious for bandwagoning, and as a result, I cast my vote for his lynch. I don't quite see how I didn't justify that, and I also don't see how I jumped onto a bandwagon there, considering that I was THE FIRST PERSON TO VOTE FOR FROWN.

Vrael said:
I'd still like to see these. It's day 4 and they were never posted.
I will not be posting my D1 impressions on D4. I can't possibly have the same impressions that I had several days ago. The game has changed too much for to formulate the same opinions I had then.

Vrael said:
Note that although Lythium stated that Roxy was suspicious on multiple occasions, she never actually voted for him. Why would someone who was town not vote for someone obviously suspicious who turned out being scum?
Evidence? I've just looked through the entire thread, and I have found only one occasion where I mentioned that I was suspicious of Roxy, and at that point, I was more concerned about Sinz's actions (see above). Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for D2, which is the only reason my vote didn't go to Roxy.

Vrael said:
Another bandwagon vote without actually providing evidence.
I disagree. Ndayday provided the same conclusions I would've come up with. Unfortunately, he was wrong. Also, rPSI couldn't provide any evidence to substantiate his claims which was pretty suspect. As I said, I was willing to take the risk of bandwagoning, because rPSI was acting so darn scummy. As I recall, you voted for rPSI too.

Vrael said:
Still? He's played a lot better in the last few in game days.
In my opinion, Frown has toned down the extremes of his play, but his style hasn't changed much. I have yet to see him post anything of real substance or originality. Even Elder Sister was a newb, and she had some pretty substantiated claims on Roxy. Since everyone was so suspicious of him on D1, it's only natural that he backpedaled a bit.

Vrael said:
He's town, why are you trying to make a case against him? Nday has already confirmed this, and he was a town cop so there's no reason for him to lie.
I've already explained that this was a mistake on my part.

Frown said:
Like Frown (I think, coulda been frag) said, this is the only person Lyth has anything good to say about. Didn't explain until I asked about it.
As I've already said, I didn't have anything bad to say about you either. I just wanted your opinions. And now that I've explained it, do you agree? I have yet to see DZLE act scummy.

Vrael said:
Starts the PSI bandwagon which ends in a lynch of a townie.
Actually, Ndayday started the PSI bandwagon. Either way, you voted for PSI too, and we all had good reason for doing so. rPSI was looking scummy and had to go. Even if we were wrong, we all thought it was the right thing to do at the time.

Vrael said:
Fun fact: DZLE didn't vote for Roxy either.
DZLE was a replacement, and you'll notice that he made his first game post right before Roxy was lynched: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267618&page=19

DZLE didn't actually take part in the game until D3. Of course, he wouldn't have voted for Roxy, who was lynched on D2.

Vrael said:
The only four people to not vote for Roxy were Roxy (scum), Matt (who provided evidence for not voting and was the doctor), Lyth, and DZLE.
I feel like I've already explained myself on this one.

Vrael said:
So yeah, there's my post.

I'm not going to vote right now because if Lyth ends up town then a Mafia could just hammer. Which leads me to another reason I think Lyth could be scum: if Lyth were town, and frag voted for her, then the two Mafia members that (presumably) remain, could easily just hammer and win the game. But since this has not happened, it leads me to believe that perhaps Lyth is scum, and that is why they haven't hammered her.

So yeah, Strong FoS: Lyth
Logically, I would have to agree, however, I don't know if Mafia is being really careful or really stupid about this. You've done your ****edest to pin this on me, which I think is curious, considering you haven't really mentioned anyone else that much. We know fragbait is town. So that leaves the four of us. You've definitely made some smart posts. DZLE has made some smart posts. Frown has been going with the flow a little too much for my tastes.

Anyway, I hope I didn't miss anything there. :p

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I agree about Frown. DZLE's last few posts have made him not as suspicious as I'd previously thought. That leaves you (Lyth) and Frown.

Let's look at the people voting for you:

frag: Townie. There's no suspicion on him, I have no problem with this.
DZLE: This is the end of the game. If DZLE and Lyth were really scumbuddies, I highly doubt this vote would have happened. He made some smart posts leading up to this.

There is a 0% chance that both of these people are scum. In my eyes, I see this as smart votes from townies as opposed to a bandwagon started by scum in an attempt to win the game. Again, if you (Lyth) are town, I'd like to know your thoughts on why you think you are alive right now.

If I were scum you would have been dead the second DZLE voted for you, so if you really are town, and DZLE is scum or town (doesn't matter), it doesn't add up. There's no point in not killing you if you are town, from scum's point of view.

What does everyone else think of this? I'm prepared to hammer, but I won't until anyone else posts.

Frown

poekmon
By now, we can be sure that there aren't 3 mafia members (because a scum majority means instant loss). If there are 2, this is our very last chance to screw up.

Suggestion: Nobody lay the final vote on Lythium just yet!

Frown

poekmon
Well, I don't know what to think about him because Wingz never really posted at all during Day 1 when there was the mot activity.

If I were to pick two people to kill, it would be DZLE and Lythium (if you are scum, you are doing it well). But like I said, we really should be sure before we place a final vote on Lythium.

DZLE

Smash Master
After reading Lythiums reply, its obvious that she did her homework and made some concise posts regarding the questions directed at her. It still seems a little suspicious though. For now, I'm going to Unvote. But don't think i'm being swayed, I still have my suspicious, and after I hear everyone final thoughts on whats been said, I'll decide whether or no hammering is a good idea right now.

Think carefully, play this through.

fragbait

Smash Master
I understand where you are coming from DZLE, but do realize, this is suspicious to me. She hasn't contributed much at all to the game, up until the point where she was under suspicion. Furthermore, the vote on your part on her could VERY EASILY have been a coverup, while a risk on scum's part.

I am going to call on Lyth to reveal her role, as well as DZLE. Also, please summarize your role PM as best as possible WITHOUT quoting it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
2. Do not quote mod PMs, and do not fake a quoted mod PM. Do not post the quote, image, or any of the information that is in your role PM. Breaking this rule can result in a modkill. Simply put everything in your own words and you will be fine. Do not attempt to refer to your image in any way.
I don't know if it matters, but I'm pretty sure that's against the rules, bro.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Jungle, can we get a clarification on that?

I agree with what frag just said.

DZLE's vote could have been a very risky scum move, I don't think we can clear him or anything just because he voted Lyth. They could still be scum.

Lyth, you didn't answer my question. Why are you defending DZLE so much?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You may not quote or fake quote anything from your role PM. You can paraphrase, however, note the second to last line.

DZLE

Smash Master
Tell you about our roles without giving away what the PM said?

When there is no more Mafia left, I win.

Also I was simply unvoting so we wouldn't unnecesarily hammer. Someone could have easily jumped in and voted for Lythium, and an unsure lynch would have happened.

If you really think Lythium is the most suspicious, and Mafia, provide enough claim to get 3 people to vote. After 3 people vote, the day ends, and we'll be much closer to the truth.

DZLE

Smash Master
And i'd still vote for Lythium, when a few more facts are straight. One of those 3 could easily be me.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Lyth, you didn't answer my question. Why are you defending DZLE so much?
I don't think I'm defending DZLE at all. I said I thought he was town, you guys asked why I thought so, and I gave my opinion. Speaking of which, you haven't really answered my question: has DZLE made any scummy moves, in you opinion? Because if he has, I'd be glad to see them. I'm not infallible, so if there's something I've missed, I'd like to hear it.

It's all right to roleclaim. Well, a roleclaim doesn't even matter. You can just lie about it.
That's the reason I have issues with what frag is trying to accomplish by asking myself and DZLE to roleclaim. If I'm town, I'll say town. If I'm scum, I'll say town. So, I know that I'm town, but how can I convince you guys that I'm not scum?

This is inherently problematic.

Top Bottom