• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Totally Flavorless Mafia! from the Disco Room: DGames Reject Copy

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
To Elder Sister, -Rei-(fragbait), rPSI, Vrael, Frown

Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are a Vanilla Townie. The only thing you get is your wit and your vote! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Elder Sister - You did pretty well for your first game! After you stopped attaching to players you knew, you started making fair points and reasonable arguments! Play more and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it

frag/Rei - I'd have to go and reread to do the both of you accurately, but frag you definitely shouldve have given more thoughts after you were clear. Your opinion on things were definitely pivotal. (This could be wrong I haven't reread the game in ages, I'll change this to reflect it if it is :p)

rPSI - why did you fake claim cop? that's not relaly a smart thing to do in a game like this. you created a town v town situation that could've been avoided. woudl liket o know your thought process here.

Vrael - good show at the end, though be careful because what you called DZLE out for in endgame you were doing yourself (throwing all suspicion on him) but good show nonetheless!

Frown - slow start, but as you got into it i can see you picked up on how to play. hope to see you around for more games. you had all the scum pegged, but you needed just a bit more extensive cases on it do really have them float. good job for your first game though

To Ndayday

Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are the Vanilla cop!. Every night, you may send me someone that you want to investigate by sending Investigate : name . You will be told if they are vanilla or not. You win when all the threats to town are eliminated.
Ndayday - played a solid game, played safe d1 not to get lynched, smart. outing yourself d2 probably not smart. generally you want to get a few investigations first before you can call yourself a true cop (sometimes cops can only get guilties, inno's, or the investigation is always reversed). I think you did well though, good job!

To Sinz
Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are the Doctor! Every night, you may attempt to save someone from a nightkill by sending me Save: name. If successful, you will save your target from one night kill. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Sinz - Didn't do bad. Feel like you died early because you put yourself in the spot light a bit much. It's good you were vocal but you need to be careful. Declaring a playstyle change also throws people off a bit, and puts you more in the spotlight, be aware of things like that.

To Wingz (DZLE), Roxy

Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are the mafia goon! You are in mafia with and . Each night the mafia may send me one person they would like to kill by sending me Kill: name along with the person they would like to make the kill. You may communicate with your fellow mafia members at all times by any means, but ALL communications logs MUSt be sent to me. You win when it is mathematically impossible for the mafia to lose.
Wingz/DZLE - Wingz was quiet d1, but not too suspicious. I think DZLE did a good job replacing into this game, thought the end could've gone either way. Hope to see you in more games DZLE!

Roxy - You did fairly well, but you were wayyy too passive in the beginning. Asking people to ask you questions is really odd and just says 'i dont have anything to actively contribute but i can be called upon if im needed, otherwise ill let you guys do the dirty work and mislynch, and ill just jump on that case.' Passiveness isn't a strong scum play.

To lythium

Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are the Mafia Hitman! You are in mafia with and . Each night the mafia may send me one person they would like to kill by sending me Kill: name along with the person they would like to make the kill. If you are chosen to make the kill, there is a 50% chance that the kill will go through even if the target is protected. You may communicate with your fellow mafia members at all times by any means, but ALL communications logs MUST be send to me. You win when it is mathematically impossible for the mafia to lose.
@Mafia in general: I feel like hte best part about being mafia is you guys get to communicate, and you guys didn't do alot of that. I understand people are busy and what not, but i feel like part fo the key to victory is developing plans and ideas and going over posts with each other.

@Lythium: I wish you could've been more active, it would have made a HUGE difference. If you could've posted like you did on your last day, i doubt there would've been much suspicion on you. However, everyone, be aware of this. This was good scum play. She made good valid points on townies. Just because someone has logical arguments does not mean they are town. I felt that Lythium was going to slip away from you guys. Lyth, you should've come out and told your mafia partners about your special ability, it mightve made the difference in night kills.

To Exn

Welcome to Totally Flavorless Mafia! You are the Independent Serial Killer! Each night, you may send me the name of someone you would like to kill by sending kill: name. You have to shoot at least every other night. You win when you are the last man standing.
Exn - you are a strong strong player. I'm sure playing Indy was difficult, as it's not like playing town at all. While you can still scum hunt, you don't want to draw connections or put yoruself in the spotlight, and i felt you did a very good job of doing so. However, you were really passive on stances and really flippy floppy on stuff, so be careful of that. Flipping between votes is okay, but only with reason, and alot of times it looked like you were flipping between votes because you were scared of being suspected.

I hope you guys all had fun here!

Comments about hte game would be appreciated!

I'm sorry i left yo guys for a bit last week. I was mad busy.

fragbait

Smash Master
Great game guys. I was pretty sure on DZLE at the end, but it was only fair to town to consider both sides. I had a great time and am glad I survived to the end!

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Mafia Kills:
N1 Roxy attempted to kill Sinz, not successful
N2 DZLE attempted to kill Exn, successful
N3 DZLE attempted to kill Ndayday, successful
N4 DZLE attempted to kill Frown, Successful

Serial Killer Kills
N1 Exn attempted to kill Elder Sister (YOU *******!!!), successful
N2 Exn attempted to kill Mattnumbers, successful

Ndayday
N1 Investigated Roxy, not vanilla
N2 Investigated fragbait, vanilla
N3 Investigated Lythium, not successful due to death

Sinz/Matt
N1 Protected Sinz
N2 Protected Ndayday

Let me tell you why i ran this set up. I wanted to show you a few different game mechanics.

1) i wanted to show you a closed set up. I wanted you guys to not speculate on the roles as much and use logic, slip ups, and contradictions to find scum

2) I used vanilla cop instead of a regular cop to show you that there are different types of cops that while you may get not vanilla, they can still be town (didn't happen in this case but it could)

3) I used a mafia hitman because i wanted to show you that a) doctor protection still isn't guaranteed b) mafia has power roles as well and c) that sometimes luck is a factor. Lythium never made use of this unfortunately.

4) I used a serial killer because i wanted you guys to see that deaths can happen for different reasons, so when someone dies, you draw connectinos but you have to tackle things from all sorts of angles. Why would someone kill them? Did they think they had a power role, were they onto them, was it a frame job? what supports this? these are a few questions to ask upon a flip.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, so I'll run the next set-up?

Also, I really wanted to make the mafia convinced that I was cop so I would take the NK. It backfired and it forced town vs. town. I do feel however, that I helped town start some good leads.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Thats a very interesting gambit.

rPSI have hando or someone look over a set up or show you how to balance one.

fragbait

Smash Master
Interesting, but smart. Mafia would waste an NK on a VTownie, and we would get an extra investigation. Awesome move, but unfortunate result. I guess scum decided to call his bluff.

DZLE

Smash Master

Not much I could do there alone at the end, so I did what I could. Well play Vrael, our battle of the wits came to an amusing end.
I'll see you all in the next game.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
You did well at the end there DZLE

they were successful cuz the SK killed the doc >_<

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Even though I was only here for a bit, why didn't I get a comment =[

Anyways, Exn is a jerk. GJ Town. I would like to be in the next one since I barely go to play (also because I just enjoy this game). That is all.

GG everyone.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
oops matt! sorry!

haha you were in the game for so little there wans't much to say

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*Unstuck*

I was going to say that if you guys want, I can infract people who post in here against the rules/people with no correlation to the game post in here.

It's really not fair. You guys invest large amounts of your free time, and people, even other players, can disrespect the obvious rules of the game that are easy enough to uphold.

The game revolves around honor, the honor of its players and of the people it shares space with. Without honor the game doesn't work. You have to trust that other players won't secretly divulge information etc.

It can ruin entire games, I've seen it happen.

However, I'm obliged not to moderate in here since it's a non-moderated subforum, so I guess if the community agrees it's fine, then I'll do it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
In Mafia games, infract people who talk during day and talk about in game stuff at night.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Unless it gets out of hand, I don't think it'd be necessary.

There shouldn't be ANY talking at night. regardless of the topic.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yah that too

Vyse play in the next one. I've never played with you
no homo

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Good **** town.

I was totally behind Vrael and his suspicions on DZLE, as well as the Lythium vote.
I feel as though this game I learned a ton on how to read people.

And have to say, rPSI roleclaiming was really silly. That really complicated things, and I would have never guessed in a million years that a townie would do that.

But this was a great game. :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I'm sure you'll see different roles in every game you play.

Too many PR's = imbalance though :/

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yay, we won.

Good stuff everyone. Great game DZLE, that was really interesting at the end.

Good job everyone! :)

I'm excited for next time! This was really fun.

DZLE

Smash Master
What do you mean? She was hitman.

Means when she is chosen to kill, if her target is blocked, theres a 50% chance she will still get the kill.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
this game was sooo awesome :D

although i was the first one to die, i never lost interest in the game and continued to read everyone's posts etc...

thanks for the kind words travis, although I think I kinda... hindered people (bias and the like).
i'm sorry for that.
also, i'm glad i was townie @__@
i would've been a horrible scum, i can't lie or put suspicion on innocent people :p

however, if i happen to play again, i will change! >:D

Serial Killer Kills
N1 Exn attempted to kill Elder Sister (YOU *******!!!), successful
haha, i love you :laugh:

Good Job everyone! :D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
rPSI, I really want to know your reasoning behind roleclaiming.

Like what expected/wanted to happen etc.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I was hoping that since we would soon not have a cop, that Mafia would NK me instead of you.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
The problem with that is that since Ndayday allready claimed cop, it's clear one of you was lying. Town has no reason to lie about who they are, honestly, so it really only creates a bad situation during the day.

Actually edit: it isn't clear one of you is lying, none of you have played with more than one cop in a game (each having different sanities) so most (here) would assume that one of you is lying. Your claim was weird tho, odd day cop is extremely...odd lol

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Some games have more than one cop

cop - gets the true investigation
insane cop - investigations are flipped (town comes up mafia, mafia comes up town)
paranoid - always get guilty
naive - always gets innocent

this prevents people from playing 'following the cop' each game, so you still have to scum hunt and not just rely on investigations.

Top Bottom