• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

GOTM

Smash Champion
ryoko = ****

good **** to everyone. friendlies were limited which kinda sucked but i still got to play some people i wanted to, like teczero, lol

good stuff

edit: never got my money match vs. feef....he left :(

GOTM

Smash Champion
ryoko and vanz matches were all mad close. it was funny too, they each decided to go sheik at one point on the other, and each got *****.

i dont even know why they both went sheik, lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok the results are uploaded on Tia, but it normally takes a day for them to show up, so I'm going to right up the results here (and you'll be able to view the actual bracket on Tia most likely tomorrow.

Doubles

1. NJ Connection (Reik + Eggm)
2. Dark Peach Fan Club (Vanz + Teczero)
3. We're Guys and We're Jerks (Ryoko + Velocity)
4. Fallen From Grace (MexiMadnez + Wind)
5. Boco Girl (Chocobo + RoyKid)
5. F2DaAztec (F2DaMaxx + AztecKing)
7. Final Boss (Steve R. + Johnny)
7. Just Toothpicks (Jul + TenNoTensai)
9. Andy and the Tuna (ChiboSempai + GOTM)
9. Christian and Josh (Christian + Josh)
9. Dat Purple Stuff (KingFeef + RJIN)
9. Jersey Peach (Shakugan + Ame)
13. Red Rockets (Spec + Charlie)
13. Moskovitz (Louis + Stuart)

Singles Pools

Pool 1
1. TRIAD
2. Matt L.
3. Eazy
4. Chocobo
5. Marc W.

Pool 2
1. Reik
2. Sneak
3. Ame
4. Pancake Emergency

Pool 3
1. Ryoko
2. Bbad
3. Stuart M.
4. Max F.

Pool 4
1. Teczero
2. GOTM
3. Louis M.
4. Danny

Pool 5
1. Velocity
2. ChiboSempai
3. Matt M.
4. Mike E.

Pool 6
1. Eggm
2. John S.
3. Spec
4. Anthony W.

Pool 7
1. Roy Kid
2. Shakugan
3. Finky
4. Frank S.

Pool 8
1. Vanz
2. TenNoTensai
3. David G.
4. Jul

Singles Bracket

1: Ryoko
2: Vanz
3: Reik
4: Eggm
5: TRIAD
5: Teczero
7: Velocity
7: Chocobo
9: Matt L.
9: Roy Kid
9: Sneak
9: Bbad
13: Stuart M.
13: Eazy
13: GOTM
13: ChiboSempai
17: Danny
17: TenNoTensai
17: Shakugan
17: Pancake Emergency
17: Louis M.
17: Jul
17: Matt M.
17: Ame
25: Mike E.
25: Anthony W.
25: Finky
25: David G.
25: Frank S.
25: John S.
25: Max F.
25: Spec

Shoutoutz:
GOTM - Our team was awesome... Too bad we had hard matchups. NJ Connection first round? What? My Jiggz is gettin' awesome lol and works perfect with your Fox.
Chocobo - Oh man two tournaments in a row and two matchups. We're 1 and 1 lol. You played some great matches, can't wait to watch over the video.
Ryoko - I've never seen you play like that EVER. It's great now to know that all those times I play with you at Drexel you're probably sandbagging lol.
Vanz - I actually haven't heard of you before this tournament, and I'm glad you could make it. You're one of the best Peach's I've ever seen, and those dittos against Ryoko in finals was the second best set I've ever seen in-person. (Sorry, but M2k and PC at Evo East finals takes it as my favorite lol)
Reik - Amazing Falco. You're combos are so frame perfect and near-unescapable. Jab combo? Yea that was a bad controller lol.
Eggm - Thanks for bringing the TV... that you forgot lol. I'll hold onto it and I'll see if I can get it to Smashpocalypse so if you go there, you can get it then.
Teczero - Glad you could make it along with the rest of the Tunes. Going Mewtwo on request and wrecking your opponent was so awesome lol.
TRIAD - Only pro Samuses eat Wawa Chicken Sandwiches lol. That explains why Chocobo got something else lol. I'll always write your name in all caps lol.
Velocty - I always get matched up with you so early lol. First match in VGXPO, and you were the pro in my pool. You Doc eats Samuses, and it's all the better with one of the best controllers I've ever seen.
Roy Kid - When did you get so much better? You had to been training without us at Drexel lol.
TenNoTensai - You're in our crew now right? lol I don't even know. Too bad Toushi couldn't make it. You had some nice matches. Hopefully you can make it to the next ToS Rankings Tournament. Sorry you were eliminated one match...
Shakugan - Aren't you also in the crew now with TenNoTensai? I didn't really get to see you play unfortunately, but I heard some nice things.
Pancake Emergency - Man it's been forever since I've seen you. Do you main Bowser or Peach? Your Bowser is awesome and gave my Jiggs a run for it's money but Bowser = Rest lol. You did good in teams. You've got the pro Bowser techniques down, but just have to work a bit more on speed and tech chasing. I'll call you next time I'm smashing in South Jersey. Best nickname ever lol.
Louis - Random 13 year old kid callin out my Jiggz? lol I'm glad I got matched up with you in the tournament. You were def better than I was expecting. Keep working on your game. You're young and you've already got some skills so you can go places. Too bad you're not on the boards and won't read this lol.
KingFeef - That was actually my first money match. It was mad close! I'll have to take back my dollar at the next tournament lol. Why didn't you go Link? I could've taken it lol.
The rest of the ToS crew - Uhg why did you all have to leave? Mexi and Wind did so nice in teams, and I would have loved to see where Mexi would have placed in singles. Next time we'll have to find more time and crew battle the Tunes!

Wow those shoutoutz took forever.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
good stuff every1. tech0 our set was so close. im glad it got recorded but im still on my long *** ride home. im just now gettin in philly and i got about 2 hours left until i get back. shoutouts later maybe

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Well, At least I was there for good friendlies, I guess. congrats to the winners.

EDIT: Sorry I couldn't stay longer, I really wanted to play some of you.

~Pin

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
what was your name there? did you enter doubles atleast? no one signed up as kirbykrew lol
Marc W. :p. When you asked names, I forgot you meant the names we smash with, then I would've said Pin Clock. I didn't have money for Doubles, so I didn't enter. Definatly want to play in more tournaments, though. At least this one gave me a taste.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Ryoko - good stuff. come to scars more...or my place and give me practice, lol
Vanz - didnt play you, but good stuff in the finals and against eggm
Reik - combo much? your a cool *** kid, glad you could make it
Eggm - when i watch you multishine i get cramps...
Teczero - i shouldnt of counterpicked yoshis against you in pools, but im glad i did, lol
Velocity - next time ToS runs a tourney, you can run it
Chocobo - chococontrollobococontroller...boco
Roy Kid - roykid......roykid.....ugh...be roy again
Sneak - felt mad bad for you bro, sorry about what happened, but your cool as hell...good set in losers too
Eazy - i 0-deathed you when you had freezing hands, and then got beat...haha
GOTM - this kid is so good. i didnt get to play him but he looked **** as hell
ChiboSempai - TUNA! r u kidding me?!
TenNoTensai - nice stuff. we all gotta play soon
Shakugan - same as above haha

Beat

Smash Ace
I'm doing my shout-outs in order of how you ranked, because that determines what I think of you. I'm adorable.

Ryoko- Sleep on your own time. I wanna do some friendlies with you at the next non-crowded venue.
Vanz- I REALLY had fun in our set. I'm sorry I beat your Jiggs. I won't let it happen again. Way to spamrape me, you're too much to handle.
Reik - I'm pretty sure Scar's doppelganger theory is utter garbage, but it's nice to have someone completely opposite of me around. It's... calming. Fun talks, Samus isn't cheap, play me sometime!
Eggm - I'ma get you that Robotnik.
Triad - I don't care if you're eating a sandwich, you're my coach, mentor, and hero.
Teczero - I had fun in our set, even though I had no idea what to do against your Peach. I look forward to more matches!
Velocity - MPH! We need to hang out more and talk about ****buildings. Fun times as always.
Chocobo - Do me.
Matt L.- I am never Fox dittoing you EVER again. And I'm stopping the shinegay, too. All in all, you were really impressive, man. Good stuff!
Roykid - Team Bocogirl will never die. We are a force.
Sneak - I wish we could have played a bit today, good to see another TSAer out there.
Bbad - I'm sorry I eated your Doc.
Eazy - You're officially one of my favorite smashers I've ever met, and our Fox/Falco was bull. SAMUS NEXT TIME. Fear it. (No johns, I lost, haha)
GOTM - I love you. You think I'm funny, which is basically the only qualification to earn my love.
ChiboSempai - We're 1 and 1 because there wasn't a tv 7 feet off the ground in a box while people played Black Hole Sun for 46171 hours behind us and I didn't go f***ing GANON (johnsjohnsjohns)!!! Anywho, thanks for running the tournament! I really enjoyed myself and even though there was too much down time for some of the attendees, I really had a blast. If you run one again and need help setting it up, maybe I can come by the night before and stay with one of you guys (also, congrats on getting the most thought-out shout-out).
Jul - Don't quit! Go to more venues and play better people and you'll increase rapidly in skill. Gotta stick it out!
Spec - I'm sorry I eated your characters.

If I didn't get your name and I didn't give you a shout-out, don't take it personally. Chocobo loves EVERYONE.

Cia

das kwl
VanZ felt bad for me and decided to squander those last 3 matches. :(
I'M SO TIRED. More in the morning.

lolz.. no u won that. so enjoy it cause I'm coming for you next time. but good matches. I had the most fun playing against you ^_^

shout outs to everyone later. can you believe that we still didn't get home?!?! (teczero's place..)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry i scrubbed out lol

Sneak - our set was uncomfortably close lmao you got soooooo much better dude lol although if i had to john i felt my sheik was off LMAO >.<

Chibo - good matches lol sheik > samus :) >.< you should have played me more..

GOTM - LMAO at you beating me the ONLY place you shouldnt have lol YS my marth vs your fox... OMFG i have ******** advantages lol good stuff

Reik - <3 your falco it ALMOST made me think falco was heterosexual but i realized yours was just a lot more sexier than most falcos

Eggm - LOL you lost to eazy LMAO >.<

Vanz - Thanks for putting me in my place ****** me soooooooooo hard LOL you basically made me feel like my sheik sucks ;)

and uhhhhhhhhh in general good tourney needz moar setups >_> but it was still amazing lol :)

also a special mention that Reik and Vanz slayed the evil eggmaster >_>

Everyone who thought i was good sorry LMAO >.<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo - good matches lol sheik > samus :) >.< you should have played me more..
Man I wish I played you more. Hell, I wish I played anyone more lol. I was so busy running it I didn't get many friendlies. How did my jiggs do better on your Sheik than my Samus? I've been playing Samus for like 10 months and jiggs for 3 weeks lol. I just can't do anything against Sheiks with my Samus lol.

Chocobo - Do me.
Shoutouting yourself? lol it's been done like 2 posts back. Of course not as arrogant-straight-to-the-point-choco-style as your self shoutout

ChiboSempai - We're 1 and 1 because there wasn't a tv 7 feet off the ground in a box while people played Black Hole Sun for 46171 hours behind us and I didn't go f***ing GANON (johnsjohnsjohns)!!! Anywho, thanks for running the tournament! I really enjoyed myself and even though there was too much down time for some of the attendees, I really had a blast. If you run one again and need help setting it up, maybe I can come by the night before and stay with one of you guys (also, congrats on getting the most thought-out shout-out).
I main 7 feet high TVs next to uber Rock Band setups! You never heard me say that? I'll definitely need more help setting up next time. I didn't need that much more help this time as it was such a small area, but with my ideal tournament setup in mind, I'll def need more people for setting up and running. I was so annoyed when we only had 4 tournament setups when we were supposed to have 8... Level Up had said they were brand new HDTVs which were made to be lag free (and I know they exist, as I'm trying to buy one now for my next TV), but they turned out to be one of the laggiest TVs I've ever used. I could see it in the character selection screen. Ew.

We're definitely doing one more Melee tournament, most likely in December when most colleges (aka all but Drexel) are on winter break. Our main Florida guy Bean will be back in South Jersey, so we HAVE to do a crew battle then lol. Hopefully we can announce the next tourney in about a week.

p.s. Tia results are up

GOTM

Smash Champion

Everyone who thought i was good sorry LMAO >.<
u kiddin me? lol. your sheik is **** man, no matter what. tough matchups though.

also, when you were calling eggm out on all those different johns i was laughing so freakin hard

"NOT WEARING THE RIGHT SHIRT JOHNS?!"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Couldn't help but noticed that you had something wrong in that post. :) Looks like I got to break you in again when I get back (Even if it's on brawl) :laugh:
lmao no sheik > samus :)

come back to neptune so i can prove you wrong O_O

>_>

GOTM - eggm's johns are soooooooo funny but Bass's tops the cake...

Controller port johns???

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
CHOCOBO!?!?!?

i so forgot to shout you out im sooooooo stupid :(

btw you are soooooooo funny lmao im sorry i picked sheik though that match up is soooo unfair lmao >.<

We should play more or possibly hang out at tournies more lol

Also

Ryoko - you were sooooo unexpected.. O_O i didnt even think you entered tournament.... T_T

amazing peach as always you and vanz both should have just done peach dittos they were sooooo crazy O_O

Congrats for winning the tournament man ;)

m00m00m00

Smash Cadet
Good stuff everyone, hope to see y'all at future tournies, grats ryoko, vans, and reik. shoutz...

reik - i love wathcing your falco, so unique and has ownage written all over it
triad - did you have fun ****** my fox? lol good stuff we need to play more often
eggm - i'll beat you in our next fox ditto, i'll be "practicing my tech skill" :p
teno - dude warren our matches were MAD close. def. call me up we need more practice
shakugan - didn't get to play you much, maybe next time. where's kile?
chocobo - yo man you got a ballin fox, keep workin on it. your samus on the other hand... :p
easy - good stuff at the tourny, you counterpick link against marth?! YOU have some balls doin that on FoD lol. def got to play more you live like 15 min. away from me
bbad - you're bad at dota, 'nough said. lol jk i know you're good at smash we just play so much i can read you too well. work on that CF
the other moo - i have no doubt in my mind that i will win that tag match.

Can't wait for the next tourny, im out - m00

GOTM

Smash Champion
everyone should come to smashpocalypse on dec. 8th at upenn so i can hang out with people and get to play friendlies this time ;)

Beat

Smash Ace
chocobo - yo man you got a ballin fox, keep workin on it. your samus on the other hand... :p
Do I remember you? Who did you play..? There was a m00 with a really good Fox... I don't remember anyone else...

Also, if the comment about my Samus was sarcasm, keep in mind that sarcasm fails online. Chocobo hates people who trashtalk his game.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Do I remember you? Who did you play..? There was a m00 with a really good Fox... I don't remember anyone else...

Also, if the comment about my Samus was sarcasm, keep in mind that sarcasm fails online. Chocobo hates people who trashtalk his game.
lmao chokey pokey chill bro! moomooo is matt l the fox that 2-0'd both of us in pools:)

This tournament was such a sucess! I didn't expect to see half of the faces there that I did.

SHoutouts!!
Velocity- thanks for the ride bro, being in the car with you is..... an experience lmao GOT A CAKE FOR THAT ONE??!!?!?!? I'll def head over when Im back from school man..sucks we had 2 fight in tourny, and u had no balls cuz u wudn go falco lol
Chokeypokey- ditto 2 ur comment, ur mad kool, and funny as hell!!!!! and umm u cant be gay cuz .UR MY BOY!!!! Nice hat also lol, you weren't wearin it in our set, lol cuda made the difference! Maybe...just maybe, you should think with fox..... not just buttons lol
Sneak- hahahaha i was diggin in that booty! lol yo ur like on of my fav people 2 play, bring that falcon out again, n my marth will lick his chops!!!! lol I want that sheik 2 bro real talk! Hope to see you soon man.
tec0- did we even play?? o well lol good ish yesterday, good seein u as usual...I BEAT EGGM
Reik-thanks fior giving me a pain that will never go away, next time will be different....can u say 3 stock lol
Eggm- i beat u! stop goin all fox!
moo- kool dude, stop wastin front row seats to fall asleep lol, I wanna play that yoshi!
moomooo(matt)- wow I was so impressed with you man, Im so glad that there is another good player around where I live. We'll practice and make eachother so much better over summer n stuff!
triad- mad kool, sexy samus, im gunna beat u at the next tourny i play u in I promise!
tenosensai- wow dude if u wud have been there on time, that prolly wuda been the closest tourny set ever. nice marth man, u impressed everyone.
vanz- nice mm;s u have a match 1 lead on the falco sheik, we gunna get it poppin next time tho! nice ish placin 2nd.
To anyone I forgot, dont cry! But i really enjoyed this!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Well, he is probably talkin about how u did against him... I dont remember who u did better with but... yea...doesnt really matter...cuz samus is kool as fwuq

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
secondary johns? lol
i didnt see ur samus that day, but u said it was doin bad so u went fox on me. ur samus was prob havin an off day, but yea, its WAY better than ur fox

GOTM

Smash Champion
chococontrollobo - that was actually seriously what i thought it was but i knows its wrong =/

anyways, yeah your samus is better than your fox. but like you always say about roykid (marth is better than roy), its the same thing.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
GOTM - you should have played me more too :( I sorta want a fox ditto lmao >.<.

Chibo - thanks for making me go m2 LOL it was fun :laugh:

Everyone else in this crew should all friendly me cuz i like to play new players.

Beat

Smash Ace
secondary johns? lol
i didnt see ur samus that day, but u said it was doin bad so u went fox on me. ur samus was prob havin an off day, but yea, its WAY better than ur fox
I'm not about to be misquoted. I said my Fox was doing badly all day and my Samus was doing well. I went Fox on you because Samus dittos take forever, and I hate dittos in general.

Cia

das kwl
my roy is better than my marth BY FAR!!!! it's funny how that works though. if there is another one, I'd like to go to it.

also, I just thought I should point out to those who did not notice but.. PEACH FCUKING ANNHILATED THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!

:)

GOTM

Smash Champion
vids from the tourney will be up sometime this week. chibo has all of em on tape and will be encoding them, cutting them, and uploading them sometime soon, atleast thats what he told me before the tourney, not sure how much work it will actually be, lol.

Beat

Smash Ace
A LOT!

seriously, theres like 6 VHS tapes full of stuff, and each is 6 hours. uhg. il try to get to em soon.
I can't do it tomorrow, but this week I'll pick up one or two of them to look for interesting fights, likely on Tuesday.

To make this process easier, please, if you're looking for a specific set, name it. If you remember which number TV it was on it would help greatly.

Like...

Chocobo (Samus) vs God (Every top tier character)
TV #2

Any additional info would help, too, like the stages you played on... Make it easier for Chibo, GOTM, and myself.

no johns. i want vids up by tonighht
I think our set was taped. Want that online? :chuckle:

Top Bottom