• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

m00m00m00

Smash Cadet
yo my ride got peaced (magnebula). WTB ride pst. South jersey camden county, Cherry Hill (25 min. from Philly). Contact me ddrmax76 - aim

GOTM

Smash Champion
yo my ride got peaced (magnebula). WTB ride pst. South jersey camden county, Cherry Hill (25 min. from Philly). Contact me ddrmax76 - aim
take nj transit down to absecon or AC and someone can pick you up. the same person can bring you back afterwards and you can catch one back up to cherry hill.

if you take it to absecon it would be me

AIM: GOTMssbm cell: 609-226-7669

AC is ChiboSempai (AIM is his name)

GOTM

Smash Champion
also, PLEASE make sure you can get there as close to 11am as possible, no matter what your travelling arrangements. we really wanna get this on the road by noon promptly.

we only get a certain amount of time for this one. they said they would consider staying open past closing but we dont wanna push em.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
also, PLEASE make sure you can get there as close to 11am as possible, no matter what your travelling arrangements. we really wanna get this on the road by noon promptly.

we only get a certain amount of time for this one. they said they would consider staying open past closing but we dont wanna push em.
qft

and if ur bringing setups, please be there at 11 and not later. not to force you or anything, but it would be greatly appreciated

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I updated the front post again reminding people to be there on time (be there by 11:30am), and to bring VCRs or surge protectors if you can.

levelup (the venue) is reporting that their getting a good amount of positive feedback meaning they should be bringing in a lot of attendees (lots of scrubs?). this tourney is gonna be amazing. everyone needs to go

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You BETTER.
you BETTER, you BETTER!

anyway, some actual information to make this post not movie-quote-modifying spam...

For singles bracket we will be seeding by pools, and the pools will be seeded loosely by skill level and location. i will already implement a lot of location seeding myself by topics such as crews (making sure ToS ppl dont get matched up together, Tunes or TSA and so on), and I know for instance there will be multiple people from Drexel University and what not, or plenty of South Jersey players. Upon signing up though, you can also tell us who you live near and play regularly so we can try and make sure you dont get matched up with them early on.

For any of you familiar with the Tio bracket program, we can seed the pools by skill level by classifying everybody into 3 groups, such as expert, intermediate, and beginner. There is also a field we can fill out for custom rankings, so say M2K, Cactuar, and Eggm goes. We can say that the best person of everyone is M2k, 2nd best is cactuar, and 3rd best is eggm. then we classify the rest into the expert/intermediate/beginner categories. People in the expert category will be people such as Scar or Triad, aka ppl that are known throughout the smash community as being exceptionally good, and they generally show up on power rankings. Intermediate will be people around smashboards who know the game well, and are still good at the game, such as people like myself, or Chocobo. The beginners category will mainly consist of people that show up at the tournament who aren't on smashboards where people have no idea what their skill level is like. The groups are obviously going to be un-even with like 5-8 people in expert, and a ton in intermediate and beginner, but what it pretty much guarantees is that there will not be more than one expert player in each pool, and they will try to be seperated from each other in the bracket.

Ok so that was a long paragraph and perhaps a little confusing. Dont worry, the seeding is all figured out and iv tried running fake tournaments real quick through tio to make sure the results come out good, and it works great. Just leave it all to us and we'll leave it to you to have an awesome time.

As for teams, it will be randomly seeded in either a double elimination bracket or round robin style. If there are 7 or less teams, we will do a round robin tournament. If there are 12 or more teams, we will run a double elimination bracket. if we have between 8 and 11 teams, we will take a quick poll at the event to see if people want to do a round robin or double elim bracket.

The day is coming up soon, and we get more and more people confirmed everyday. this is gonna be big. be there. you BETTER, you BETTER!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
my ride bailed on me.... can i get housing on friday so i dont gotta wake up like super early to get there cuz im in like north jersey somewhat...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
my ride bailed on me.... can i get housing on friday so i dont gotta wake up like super early to get there cuz im in like north jersey somewhat...
I can't, I know GOTM can't, but theres a SMALL chance Mexi can. His AIM name is MEXIMadnessSSBM. You could sleep in your car in the parking lot lol, or hope other ppl read this message

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
um i kno this was probably said but if im takin nj transit where should i take the train to and can someone get me from the station and if so could i have their contact information or somethin like that

GOTM

Smash Champion
yay my cousin has wireless internet!! :)

you can take it to AC or absecon...im not sure what the times are in the morning but if its early you gotta let me know. i'll probably be up around 9 or so, i gotta get there at 10 to setup and stuff.

if you take it to absecon i can get you, if you take it to AC chibo can get you.

my cell 609-226-7669
his 609-226-2287

AIM is in my profile

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yay my cousin has wireless internet!! :)

you can take it to AC or absecon...im not sure what the times are in the morning but if its early you gotta let me know. i'll probably be up around 9 or so, i gotta get there at 10 to setup and stuff.

if you take it to absecon i can get you, if you take it to AC chibo can get you.

my cell 609-226-7669
his 609-226-2287

AIM is in my profile
HEY DONT GIVE OUT MY CELL ONLINE! lol jk i already put my cell in the first post.

yea me and gotm are givin rides from nj transit, but we'l be arriving at the place early to setup, so youl have to chill a lil bit lol. im pickin ppl up at AC and GOTM at absecon as he said. absecon is actually cheaper to go to since its 1 stop b4 AC, but its only like 50 cents lol. whatever is better on time.

i would reccomend taking the train that arrives at atlantic city at 9:24am (i dont know which station your coming from so i dont know the departing time.) the trains after that come too late and the absecon arrives at like 9:11, earlier than gotm can make it there. but yea i can pick u up at AC at 9:24. just make sure you leave a message on this thread by tomorrow night so i know to pick you up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
It would make my weekend if i can go... to this.. cuz i might be now... :laugh:....

In ANY case Tunes should crew battle, right Eggm? And i want that recorded on youtube for my entertainment :laugh:

GOTM

Smash Champion
No time johns. xD I'll bring my recorder then I guess. :)
nice yea...we need more recorder setups.

theres only so many VCR's people can scrounge up these days. also, we aint tryin to have like a bunch of our laptops sittin around the store, haha

Eggm

Smash Hero
Oh my recorder is a laptop. Lol, i'll attempt to take a vcr instead then, i don't have any blank tapes tho. If you could bring one.

GOTM

Smash Champion
haha well, its not a prob if you wanna bring your laptop, we just didnt wanna have a bunch of ours sittin around.

dont want them to get messed up or anything.

Top Bottom