• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

GOTM

Smash Champion
Edit: It's REALLY hard to miss VaNz's playing style, not too many Peaches play as awesomely as him.
we realize that we might be able to tell that it is the person by watching them and trying to compare it to someone, but people having tags saves us that hassle. also, we told everyone before anything was recorded to both use tags if you want your match online.

the reason is this, as soon as we see one tag or no tags, we fast forward through the video.

i dont mean to sound like a **** but like...if we tried to figure out everyone without a tag, it would take a long time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
we realize that we might be able to tell that it is the person by watching them and trying to compare it to someone, but people having tags saves us that hassle. also, we told everyone before anything was recorded to both use tags if you want your match online.

the reason is this, as soon as we see one tag or no tags, we fast forward through the video.

i dont mean to sound like a **** but like...if we tried to figure out everyone without a tag, it would take a long time.
QFT.

This is why I always have my tag, recording or not. People complaining about them not having their vids up when they didn't have a tag is rediculous. Gotm and Chibo imo are partially new to the national smash community so it's also possibly hard for them to notice the difference between one smasher's and another smasher's playing style in video. For the future, if you want your vids up, ya'll should use tags.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
QFT.

This is why I always have my tag, recording or not. People complaining about them not having their vids up when they didn't have a tag is rediculous. Gotm and Chibo imo are partially new to the national smash community so it's also possibly hard for them to notice the difference between one smasher's and another smasher's playing style in video. For the future, if you want your vids up, ya'll should use tags.
new to the national smash community? lol
weve just been in hiding, thats it. its just that recently we finally organized our crew, ran some tournaments, and so on. we can definitely tell whos playing and what not, especially gotm. im pretty sure he has watched every single possible smash match ever recorded lol. we just skip no-taggers to avoid time. sometimes if we have one tag and its someone who wants their match online, we'l find out who the opponent is.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a personal vendetta against tags, so you'll never see me using them for any reason. Thankfully there was only one green Peach at this event.

Beat

Smash Ace
I have a personal vendetta against tags, so you'll never see me using them for any reason. Thankfully there was only one green Peach at this event.
Ryoko, at Smashpocalypse III

5-dollar Money Match. Ryoko v Chocobo. Best of 3. Loser gets a custom avatar.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
...no, that's not it. You guys are new to Smash.
remember when you were a n00b and mexi could beat you? lol
weve been playing since then :laugh:
weve been around for the amount of time it took cactuar to go from n00b to pro ( 1 year)

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
weve been around for the amount of time it took cactuar to go from n00b to pro ( 1 year)
i havent been playing for a year. lol funny how he went pro and the rest of you i guess didnt? jokes. i love you all

GOTM

Smash Champion
this summer, since ill be in philly all summer long in class

i hope scar can do to me what velocity did to him

no not that...the other thing...yes....that

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

wow i didnt even think about it. summer we'l be in school with few classes. the amount of smash that will be played... we will be #2 and #3 for Brawl (assuming Cactuar is #1, but we'l soon overtake him lol)

RoyKid

Smash Cadet
*sighs at living at home for the summer for 2-3 months of no smash whatsoever*...

/cry

nvm...brawls gonna be out...have no idea whats gonna be going on by next summer with that coming out

Scar

#HarveyDent
Bottom line: I have been consistentely going to tournaments and have been active on Smashboards for maybe 3x as long as you guys at the present moment. And I call myself new to Smash.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Bottom line: I have been consistentely going to tournaments and have been active on Smashboards for maybe 3x as long as you guys at the present moment. And I call myself new to Smash.
Scar is kinda right. I've been active in tournies and smashboards for just about a year and a half and I see myself as new to smash too. It all depends on what "new to smash" actually means but I feel i won't be "not new" until about 3 years or so.

I only called you guys "partially new" not "new" I just haven't seen you guys in the tournament scene at all since about 2-3 months ago and I check all tourny records around the tristate area. I always love new players "in the main NJ tourney smash scene" and will try to come to your next tournament.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice

make you eggs and bacon? or make you good in smash? either one you choose you cant go wrong. and if you happen to get both thats jus shananigans

GOTM

Smash Champion
make you eggs and bacon? your make you good in smash? either one you choose you cant go wrong. and ifyou happen to get both thats jus shananigans
lawls. yes i meant make me good in smash.

i think scar went to velocities like every day last summer, lol. now hes scar and amazing

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
lawls. yes i meant make me good in smash.

i think scar went to velocities like every day last summer, lol. now hes scar and amazing
but you play with scar alot also so it has to be rubbing off

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I just read the last two pages of posts. It was probably the most useless waste of 10 minutes I have ever had.

Btw. You are new to the smash community if you have been to less than 5 noteworthy tournies.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Btw. You are new to the smash community if you have been to less than 5 noteworthy tournies
i actually consider myself very new to both the tournament scene and smash itself. i didn't even pick it up until last October, and not competitively until probably the very beginning of 2007.

ive been to evo, CoT, smashpocalypse, and a few more minor tournies, but personally i think it takes more than 5 noteworthy ones to not be considered new =/. ill probably consider myself new to both the community and tournament scene until at least after pound 3.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar is kinda right.
I am ALWAYS right. And I really do want to say this, because I know it's on everyone's mind, and who better to down-talk than the one and only.

I love ToS. I think you guys are great fun, and I really enjoyed hanging out with all of you at Smashpocalypse II. But honestly, with 20 posts per day as my witnesses, you guys really are the Titans of Spam.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I am ALWAYS right. And I really do want to say this, because I know it's on everyone's mind, and who better to down-talk than the one and only.

I love ToS. I think you guys are great fun, and I really enjoyed hanging out with all of you at Smashpocalypse II. But honestly, with 20 posts per day as my witnesses, you guys really are the Titans of Spam.
oh no you didnt....NO!!!!! :laugh:

anyways, i think you've had your account for a week longer than me, and we have around the same post count.

difference is....i work 40 hours a week at a job that requires me to sit at a computer and do nothing else. which means...i go to facebook and play jetman, addicting games and play kitten cannon, tia every once and a while for no apparant reason, and smashboards. i seriously am on smashboards the whole day, and it just happens to be that people are posted there all the time, so when i see that there is something i can respond to in any of the threads i visit...i do.

seriously, spend like 6 hours a day on smashboards (not even kidding, every day M-F 6 hours, dead serious), and i guarantee you will find places to post. not spam either. you'll just notice a lot of places you can post and do it. otherwise i sit here and am bored....:(

<3 scar

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
oh no you didnt....NO!!!!! :laugh:

anyways, i think you've had your account for a week longer than me, and we have around the same post count.

difference is....i work 40 hours a week at a job that requires me to sit at a computer and do nothing else. which means...i go to facebook and play jetman, addicting games and play kitten cannon, tia every once and a while for no apparant reason, and smashboards. i seriously am on smashboards the whole day, and it just happens to be that people are posted there all the time, so when i see that there is something i can respond to in any of the threads i visit...i do.

seriously, spend like 6 hours a day on smashboards (not even kidding, every day M-F 6 hours, dead serious), and i guarantee you will find places to post. not spam either. you'll just notice a lot of places you can post and do it. otherwise i sit here and am bored....:(

<3 scar
if only i had my violin
and i do spam alot but its funny and you enjoy it and if not of ***** welllllllllllllls =]

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scott, you actually add stuff to conversation. I don't care about post count either, that counts more towards activity than the value of what you're saying. But junk is junk, and there's a lot of junk in here, that's all I'm saying.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The title says new CoT2 info post it in the first post please, cause i'm not reading all this junk to find out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The title says new CoT2 info post it in the first post please, cause i'm not reading all this junk to find out.
it was in the first post lol, its just that there wasn't much info, but new info none the less. however, we got all info ready, and im working on writing it now

EDIT: ALL INFO IS NOW UP!!!!

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah finally all the real info is up. start confirming setups if you can please, and also i guess say if your coming or maybe coming. people like to see it what can we say =/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea the more i think about it, 10 TVs will be easy and we should hopefully have somewhere around 16. Me and Scott might be able to bring 3 each instead of 2, the venue should be able to provide atleast 4, then mexi's one, one from scar, one from eggm, maybe one from pakman, and thats 14 right there without other random people, and a possibility of more from the venue.

GOTM

Smash Champion
yea the more i think about it, 10 TVs will be easy and we should hopefully have somewhere around 16. Me and Scott might be able to bring 3 each instead of 2, the venue should be able to provide atleast 4, then mexi's one, one from scar, one from eggm, maybe one from pakman, and thats 14 right there without other random people, and a possibility of more from the venue.
the chance of me bringing 3 is actually very good. in fact, i might be able to confirm that later on today.

setups are gonna be key at this thing, not TV's it looks like. BRING CUBES AND COPIES!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm going to this tournament. it be my first N.J tournament I ever been to. so add me to that list of players going

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres a bit of an update to the tournament. first of all, we were charging the $5 venue fee because we need to pay the venue for security guards (required), however we don't know the exact amount yet. If we have extra money, we will put it into the singles pot. Because of the extra money, we will be giving fourth and fifth place their singles entrance money back. the rest will then be used for the 70/20/10 split for 1st 2nd 3rd. so with the extra money, more ppl get paid, and theres a bigger pot for the winners.

Top Bottom