• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, rumor was false. First tournament of that scale maybe? You could tell he def had Melee exp

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Apparently LTC2 was his first tournament. Is that true?
That was his misconception. That was his first BIG tournament it what he meant, his first national. Apparently there's a sizable Smash scene out there in New Mexico, but they don't travel much, if at all.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
That was his misconception. That was his first BIG tournament it what he meant, his first national. Apparently there's a sizable Smash scene out there in New Mexico, but they don't travel much, if at all.
That's still pretty crazy.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
beat strong bad...in winners finals

falcon fundamentals are the same in pm essentially. I'm not surprised at all that he can still compete

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes, SB talked about it on the Falcon boards.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W vs Falcon is exactly why I think Falcon and Ganon should naturally grab lower. Hold :GCD: for max lulz

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What seems fraud about it? A lot of the seeds for top 8 turned out fairly accurate (the notable ones that were off/underrated were Larry and Tearbear)

Bazkip

Smash Master
Probably because of all the manually inserted byes

I don't know why they did that, Challonge can handle that stuff automatically...

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Oh It looked weird to me because they did bracket pools and then made the bracket. It makes sense now though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

vs. Rahma Noodles (Mario)
vs. Frizz (Fox/Falcon) Loser's Finals
vs. darkrain (Falcon/Falco) Grand Finals

Unfortunately, the recorded videos from the tourney the next day were unrecorded. It was a more laid back, apartment tournament, where people convinced me to take drinks after each stock I lost starting in Loser's Quarterfinals. I 3-0'd JZ's Ivysaur and took Frizz's Falco to game 5 with Mr. Game & Watch under this format. :( RIP

And yes @ KayB KayB , darkrain beat my Wario in WSF of that tournament. Video of that is on the same channel as these ones are if you wanted to add that to the OP, but I don't see darkrain traveling to PM majors (or Melee majors, for that matter) any time soon. For future reference, though, you probably should have said "Took a set from Strong Bad." "Beating Strong Bad" implies he won the tournament, or someone else eliminated me. :p

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE YOU BEAT ME TO IT IN PUTTING THE VIDS IN THE OP

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer

vs. Rahma Noodles (Mario)
vs. Frizz (Fox/Falcon) Loser's Finals
vs. darkrain (Falcon/Falco) Grand Finals

Unfortunately, the recorded videos from the tourney the next day were unrecorded. It was a more laid back, apartment tournament, where people convinced me to take drinks after each stock I lost starting in Loser's Quarterfinals. I 3-0'd JZ's Ivysaur and took Frizz's Falco to game 5 with Mr. Game & Watch under this format. :( RIP

And yes @ KayB KayB , darkrain beat my Wario in WSF of that tournament. Video of that is on the same channel as these ones are if you wanted to add that to the OP, but I don't see darkrain traveling to PM majors (or Melee majors, for that matter) any time soon. For future reference, though, you probably should have said "Took a set from Strong Bad." "Beating Strong Bad" implies he won the tournament, or someone else eliminated me. :p

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE YOU BEAT ME TO IT IN PUTTING THE VIDS IN THE OP
YEAH MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE LOOKED FIRST

SHAMELESS

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shame is for people that make Personalized Hedgehog pics. We don't have that shame

Bazkip

Smash Master
What does any of that even mean?
Actually, I don't even know what anything around here means.
I'm just gonna watch videos to see what Smashers do to Smash each other.
Sometimes I wonder if you're really a person.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm actually every SWF account, playing god and trolling non-members beyond belief

Just about to finish a 1FD post with my pinky toe

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yo @ KayB KayB you're gonna have to give Bidooof some serious consideration now, he took a set off Ally at our weekly. Game & Watch 2stronk.

Vids will be up tomorrow.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You'll switch to diddy in that time. It's all according to plan.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
The order in which people are listed matters, right? If that's the case then NinjaLink shouldn't be above Lunchables. He may have accomplished more with his Roy, but at least Lunchables is looking to get his more active while NL has actually dropped the character, and Zach's is definitely better anyway.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya little Zachables is muy gucho with El Diablo.

D

Deleted member

What has NL done with roy anyways? Like did he do anything notable? The only things I've heard from him are when he wins with diddy (vs emukiller and stuff)

GuruKid

Smash Ace
NL placed decently at locals with Roy in the beginning of the year but didn't really pull noticeable wins until he switched to Diddy.

Under the "Free Saltines vs Deadly Alliance" crew battle listing, DA's Link player is named "Kubuu".

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Where will these videos be uploaded to??? @ Humble Dojo Humble Dojo
They will be going to the same channel as last time which im pretty sure is Super Arcades channel. Armando (our main streamer) was covering a bigger event in the region so he sent another guy to cover for him but he records matches differently so it will take Armando some time to upload all the matches. The good news is i asked him to prioritize top 8 first and we will get the others eventually.

Regarding the bracket and seeding i messed up bracket pools which resulted in what you all saw in the final bracket. The seeding was all correct as well as the placement of the players in the bracket, but having an odd number of pools caused some people to have to play extra rounds. But everyones first matches was actually carried over from winners finals from pools which is why there are some weird upsets and a grip of byes. Thats all im going to say about that matter, thank you.

It was great having Oracle in SoCal and he had great sets in and out of bracket with Jonny Westside, Disqo, Larry, Aero, Tyrant, Machiavelli and more. Hopefully we will have access to those videos soon.

@ KayB KayB

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
They will be going to the same channel as last time which im pretty sure is Super Arcades channel. Armando (our main streamer) was covering a bigger event in the region so he sent another guy to cover for him but he records matches differently so it will take Armando some time to upload all the matches. The good news is i asked him to prioritize top 8 first and we will get the others eventually.

Regarding the bracket and seeding i messed up bracket pools which resulted in what you all saw in the final bracket. The seeding was all correct as well as the placement of the players in the bracket, but having an odd number of pools caused some people to have to play extra rounds. But everyones first matches was actually carried over from winners finals from pools which is why there are some weird upsets and a grip of byes. Thats all im going to say about that matter, thank you.

It was great having Oracle in SoCal and he had great sets in and out of bracket with Jonny Westside, Disqo, Larry, Aero, Tyrant, Machiavelli and more. Hopefully we will have access to those videos soon.

@ KayB KayB
Sweet. I'm just a bit confused with all this IEBattleground things.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. I'm just a bit confused with all this IEBattleground things.
Im fairly sure when they remodeled the super arcade last month they relaunched with a new stream channel and attitude. Theyve been pretty adamant about getting our stuff to us and increasing the quality of the broadcasts and uploads.

MasterAsia

Smash Rookie
He's somewhat underexposed but eventually mister moti will make a name for himself as one of the best Yoshis. He played in texas over the summer but he's from Illinois. he's only gotten better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom