• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humble Dojo

Smash Apprentice
Honestly that man is a counter pick machine. He still mostly a Sheik main, but he plays alot of Fox for Disqo and Jwest, Captain Falcon for Machiavelli, Diddy to test the water for game one and to get better Cps and Random against DEHF, and hes been talking about bringing back the toon link soon.... Hope that helps ;)

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
Yomi is probably best charizard then John Numbers (beats Rolex consistently, and wins tournaments). Does Oracle even play charizard anymore??

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Sheik, Fox, and Diddy for the most part.
So he dropped TL? That's too bad. Whatever happened to Dazee anyway?

I also 2-0'd him easily in winners, but people always forget to mention that. I performed poorly at Apex but it was only one event, I've beaten several high caliber players in tournament, several of which placed top 30 @ Apex.
Did Pitzer use Roy against you?

Yomi is probably best charizard then John Numbers (beats Rolex consistently, and wins tournaments). Does Oracle even play charizard anymore??
Vids and tournies pl0x?

Speaking of Yomi, I've just looked at the BEAST 4 results. Does Ice have a good Falcon, Kiw1 a good Diddy, Android a good Charizard, and Timi a good ROB? Or are any of them not good enough?

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
So he dropped TL? That's too bad. Whatever happened to Dazee anyway?
I honestly haven't seen Okami's TL since like 2.6b. I don't know if he's necessarily dropped the character all together, but it's probably just on the back burner, while the characters I listed are his front-line for tourney. To be honest, Okami uses like 90% of the cast at an exceptional level, so questions like these are sticky lol.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
From what Rolex says, he only lost to numbers that one time on stream. I'm talking about sets, I don't know about games. It's best to ask numbers about this.

D

Deleted member

How interesting....
Jolt believes its Jolt>Lunch>Aero
Lunch believes its Lunch>Aero>Jolt
And Aero really doesnt care. Havent seen this much drama since the top Diddy section. But more importantly..... Are lunch and Jolt gonna meet at SKTAR? Cause it could be rolex vs prof 2.0
I believe its Lunch/Jolt tied > Aero (Yes, I think Jolt and I are BOTH better than Aero. Aeros fundamentals and punish game are just not good enough to compare, he does some unorthodox things and he could do better with his character.)

To clear all of this up, I respect Aero. I respect Jolteon, and I'd hope they could respect me despite what I say on these horrible threads. I was upset by the commentary that I heard which pretty much put me on blast for absolutely no reason. I don't think it would be right to have a hate triforce between the 3 of us, this isn't like prof vs rolex or anything.However, If I do get some more **** talk from SoCal then I think I'll have some things to change.

I am not going to sktar, and neither are jolt or aero afaik. Whenever I DO meet up with Aero, I'll gladly mm him.

You guys happy? Or do you want anything else?

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
I believe its Lunch/Jolt tied > Aero (Yes, I think Jolt and I are BOTH better than Aero. Aeros fundamentals and punish game are just not good enough to compare, he does some unorthodox things and he could do better with his character.)

To clear all of this up, I respect Aero. I respect Jolteon, and I'd hope they could respect me despite what I say on these horrible threads. I was upset by the commentary that I heard which pretty much put me on blast for absolutely no reason. I don't think it would be right to have a hate triforce between the 3 of us, this isn't like prof vs rolex or anything.However, If I do get some more **** talk from SoCal then I think I'll have some things to change.

I am not going to sktar, and neither are jolt or aero afaik. Whenever I DO meet up with Aero, I'll gladly mm him.

You guys happy? Or do you want anything else?
The "****" talk was never from SoCal, and the person who said the remarks that offended you (Burnsy from AZ) was stating an observation based off of a lack of knowledge more so than attacking/calling you out. That's the way I see it at least.

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
Sure, the commentary from the other night was AZ riding socals ****, but 99% of the time its coming from socal people or players.
99% of the time? Dude, you're making a big deal out of nothing.. We here in SoCal are too busy with our own stuff to worry about about you. It was literally one incident from an AZ commentator. Also, **** riding is the last thing AZ and SoCal do to each other. We respect each other, but we're very competitive and want to be better than each other (I'd like to think some sort of rivalry has been brewing for some time now and is starting to establish) which is what pushes both regions to keep upping their game, and it's been showing. Anyways, I've derailed this thread long enough, so I digress.

Last edited:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So uhh.... this Diddy list is looking pretty bananas.

Can we please stop this monkey business?

Seriously, I'm gonna go ape s***.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry that not EVERYONE who talks about socal is FROM socal, I understand that a lot of it is just outside players. What I wanted to refer to is to all the people who think socal is supreme over everything ever. Any player who tells me that aero is insane and leaps beyond me generally falls into that socal fanboy section, I didn't mean to imply they just had to be from socal

Also cassio is pretty much the perfect example of one of those dinguses

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Ok u good, but u ain't famous. Cut that out.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
I am completely neutral on this subject, but @Lunchables , I definitely commend you on your use of the term, "dingus".

Personal favorite of mine

Last edited:

Meechman400

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry that not EVERYONE who talks about socal is FROM socal, I understand that a lot of it is just outside players. What I wanted to refer to is to all the people who think socal is supreme over everything ever. Any player who tells me that aero is insane and leaps beyond me generally falls into that socal fanboy section, I didn't mean to imply they just had to be from socal

Also cassio is pretty much the perfect example of one of those dinguses
Surprise, surprise.. that comes with the territory of becoming a well-known/good player. You're gonna be compared a lot to people who main your character and you will hear a lot of opinions you might not agree with/like (I.E. Professor Pro and Rolex). Most of these opinions will be from bad players who don't really know who they are talking about and are really biased for the player that represents their scene (I'm sure we have a good amount of examples of this on this specific thread). My best advice to you would be to block it out, and focus on YOU. You're a great TL player, and if you think you're better than Aero, just ignore the hate and silently build your resume until people are convinced.

P.S. Guess I lied about the "I digress" part.

Last edited:

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
From what Rolex says, he only lost to numbers that one time on stream. I'm talking about sets, I don't know about games. It's best to ask numbers about this.
Ya, I didnt actually mean consistently lol. He beat him in a set for finals 2 days ago, so thats 2 sets now. I think they might be even against each other..

Cassio

Smash Master
@ Cassio Cassio You just said like 2 pages ago you never talk **** and now you're doing it again lol.
lol, I said almost never. But I really dont think I trashed on anyone or hyped myself up. Ill say some things in jest, but lunchables seems to have a grudge against me for some unknown reason and shots were fired.
Ok, but while you're busy studying videos of Aero and criticizing his play style, hes busy taking sets off Larry and Axe. Success comes from winning big and Aeros results speak the loudest. Many times Ive seen players rank based on some perceived 'skill' and then look foolish when the results say something completely different. More than willing to be corrected if you have some big wins under your belt.
Cassio who are you? Youre Socal right? Whats your name or Tag?
Ive been but do not live in Socal, just in <3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've double eliminated Oracle (Beating his Rob, Lucas, and Charizard), I've beaten Infinity, AeroLink, DENTI, brought Awestin to game 5, gotten top 5 at every TX 3.0 tourney I've attended so far, and if you give a **** about my roy, I'm also the only person alive who has ever taken a game off of sethlon in roy dittos in bracket

If those guys suck then everyone sucks (except eli cause hes gahlike)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
lol, I said almost never. But I really dont think I trashed on anyone or hyped myself up. Ill say some things in jest, but lunchables seems to have a grudge against me for some unknown reason and shots were fired.

Ok, but while you're busy studying videos of Aero and criticizing his play style, hes busy taking sets off Larry and Axe. Success comes from winning big and Aeros results speak the loudest. Many times Ive seen players rank based on some perceived 'skill' and then look foolish when the results say something completely different. More than willing to be corrected if you have some big wins under your belt.
lol Lunchables HAS results. You keep saying that you don't get why he feels like you're trashing him and you keep taking jabs at him.

D

Deleted member

By the way, I think a bit part of this is the lack of streaming TX has had. We've only JUST started streaming our stuff, and we're still not on the level of the other regions for streaming. TLOC is TXs future.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
@ KayB KayB Roy, Falco and Marth.
He beat you with all three?!

So uhh.... this Diddy list is looking pretty bananas.

Can we please stop this monkey business?

Seriously, I'm gonna go ape s***.
To clear up on this, I realize like 99% of the Diddys on that list have been dominating their locals/regionals, but it's hard to judge players based off of that since a lot of them play in heavily stacked regions and play the same players (ex. they might perform worse in nationals that contain different regional players). I'm waiting for a national that'll help define who the best Diddy Kong players are, but in the mean time I think it would be unfair and biased of me if I were to put any Diddy Kong over the other because a majority of them have been doing so well. Of course some names (Boss, DLA, AbstractLogic) hold up better than a few others (NinjaLink, Bladewise, OkamiBW), but they are really really close to each other and tbh I've seen some Diddys more than I've seen others. Who knows, maybe a Diddy Kong I didn't think was that good before may outperform all the others. We'll see.

Last edited:

Cassio

Smash Master
Obviously I know he has pretty good results or else I wouldnt place him second. But having good wins and great wins are different things. Oracle is a great win, but he needs a Larry caliber win too (I think Aeros beaten Fly before too but not completely sure).

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
course some names (Boss, DLA, AbstractLogic) hold up better than a few others (NinjaLink, Bladewise, OkamiBW)
If you're going to go ahead and say which ones are better than the others, why don't you just straight up remove them from that abomination of a list?

D

Deleted member

Oracle placed top 8 at apex
Denti placed top 3 at shuffle (1st in dubs)
Infinity has beaten EVERYONE in TX except for sethlon
awestin is our 2nd best ranked player
theres tons of people from tx I've beaten besides these 4, but TX doesn't have enough streaming to show them off so with the logic you have you'd claim they're randoms.

Honestly cassio you have nearly no idea of anything you're saying. I'm gonna take keems advice here and walk away from this convo

Last edited by a moderator:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you're going to go ahead and say which ones are better than the others, why don't you just straight up remove them from that abomination of a list?
Because like I said, I've been wrong before and all those players are really close to each other. Most of the players that I consider on the lesser end of the spectrum are mostly players I haven't really seen. As I've said, it would unfair and biased of me to remove them straight from the list without giving them a chance. Besides, when a number of the few names shine above the others, I'll be removing the inactive names from the list anyways when it gets cleaned up. There's no point in removing one or two names out of 8 lol.

Obviously I know he has pretty good results or else I wouldnt place him second. But having good wins and great wins are different things. Oracle is a great win, but he needs a Larry caliber win too (I think Aeros beaten Fly before too but not completely sure).
Aero has beaten Fly 2-3 in Winner's, but Aero got knocked into Loser's by DEHF and met Fly again in Losers Finals where he lost 1-3. I don't know any previous results.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

also lol @ the diddy list. Pretty much impossible to put them in any order

Cassio

Smash Master
Not randoms, but Aero has a long list of names hes racked up too. Most likely itll come down to the biggest wins and tournament results. Aero's fresh off a 2nd place finish at a regional and has important wins vs Larry, Fly, and (arguably) Axe. You have good results, but those are wins on the caliber of Sethlon.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What do you mean by "arguably axe"? Aero took 3 games off of Axe's falco (axe won game 1 with pika) and then got 6-0'd later. I honestly just want to know what that means lol. Aero, Jolt, and Lunchables are all godlike, and we wont know relative skill levels until regions start coliding (SKTAR though?)

D

Deleted member

Once again, neither of us are going to sktar
Also lol, thought I'd share this little thought of mine. Jolt, Aero, and I are all 3 pieces of the triforce. I'm the Triforce of Power, Aero is the triforce of courage, and Jolt is the triforce of wisdom

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Does Neon even play lucario anymore? I think at this point my lucario is good enough to be top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom