• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Players & Videos by Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
man I wish I could trash talk
ppl take me serious and think PM is made by someone who hates the earth when I do

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that's like going "/sarcasm on" before being sarcastic. it kind of defeats the point lol

The_NZA

Smash Lord
It's the same discomfort I get when someone I don't know comes up to me and is like "You're Eli? Dude I love your DK, it's awesome! Nice to meet you"

Like, **** that, insult me instead weirdo.

Like how the NZA trash talked me mid tournament match, that was awesome.
I mean, if you stopped taking a page from Texas and getting fobbled like a damn *****, I probably would have kept my mouth shut.

EDIT:

/realtalk

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Eli, whenever we meet and play/MM or whatever, I am going to go right out of my way to be as cordial, polite and kind as I can. Even during the match.

0% **** talk.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Real talk, Eli you are a beautiful person and I have a ton of respect for you and what you stand for.

D

Deleted member

I had thought our community was above trash talk >.>
smash isn't fun until there is shit talk. being able to trash talk your opponent and have them do the same back builds hype and increases the emotional investment, it just adds a lot more fun to the game. it's unfortunate that this aspect of the game is discouraged because some sissies can't trust their opponent enough to know it's not actually intended to make them feel bad.

if you tell players like me and eli that we suck and you'll shit on us in the game, we think it' fun and enjoy it, we don't think you're actually trying to be an asshole. and frankly, even if you are an asshole, it's just more incentive to beat your ass right back. win/win imo.

To the NY guys- when we used to play in PA, me and my group of friends would go on pandora and make a channel to Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald and just let it go while we played for 3 hours or so. then we'd just go in every game and try to fuck each other up without giving a shit about winning or anything, telling each other that their combos sucked, go to gamefaqs and get a character guide, etc. it makes you real good at aggression real fast and it's hella fun to actually play.

Last edited by a moderator:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
To add to this, it's a lot like what Leffen is to the community. A lot of what fuels him to become a better players is by how much he's hated by the community.

A good example of something that was a lot less hype because of pure kindness was a the dawn of UMVC3 when Marn fought Combofiend in Bar Fights. Gootecks asked Marn who was going to win and he said "Combofiend" and that's like "really?" When Tian said he'd send Tafo's ass to the moon, that built up hype for the money match.
People say Toph's "quit" comment was out of hand, but I honestly think people are being way too sensitive about that. Even Tian didn't take it personally.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
smash isn't fun until there is shit talk. being able to trash talk your opponent and have them do the same back builds hype and increases the emotional investment, it just adds a lot more fun to the game. it's unfortunate that this aspect of the game is discouraged because some sissies can't trust their opponent enough to know it's not actually intended to make them feel bad.

if you tell players like me and eli that we suck and you'll shit on us in the game, we think it' fun and enjoy it, we don't think you're actually trying to be an asshole. and frankly, even if you are an asshole, it's just more incentive to beat your ass right back. win/win imo.

To the NY guys- when we used to play in PA, me and my group of friends would go on pandora and make a channel to Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald and just let it go while we played for 3 hours or so. then we'd just go in every game and try to fuck each other up without giving a shit about winning or anything, telling each other that their combos sucked, go to gamefaqs and get a character guide, etc. it makes you real good at aggression real fast and it's hella fun to actually play.
huh...lemme try..

Umbreon, your mother is rather large and grotesque, and doesnt add anything to our society!

Also, you smell funny.

D

Deleted member

huh...lemme try..

Umbreon, your mother is rather large and grotesque, and doesnt add anything to our society!

Also, you smell funny.
nigga i'd bop you hard at this game nambla and brazzers would go to court to fight each other for the money shot.

yo momma's so dirty, whenever she to go swimming in the ocean, exxon has to come and clean the spill.

yo momma's so ugly the zoo put a picture of her in the monkey cage to keep the monkeys from jerking off.

last time i went to north carolina they liked it so much they didn't even spit when i was done.

see you in losers bracket. j/k i don't play ganondorf

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Longstrok

nigga i'd bop you hard at this game nambla and brazzers would go to court to fight each other for the money shot.

yo momma's so dirty, whenever she to go swimming in the ocean, exxon has to come and clean the spill.

yo momma's so ugly the zoo put a picture of her in the monkey cage to keep the monkeys from jerking off.

last time i went to north carolina they liked it so much they didn't even spit when i was done.

see you in losers bracket. j/k i don't play ganondorf
Your tech skills are more disgusting than your fap rag.

Your mothers fat rolls SHUFFL better than you.

:'D

D

Deleted member

welcome to the big boys club. now all you gotta do is get good at the game by leaving ohio lol

The_NZA

Smash Lord
huh...lemme try..

Also, you smell funny.
Let me help you,

Umbreon. If your the top 3 sheiks in the world, does that make my Ness the sheik slayer? Missing you boo boo.

*PK THunder 2s out of thread*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me help you,

Umbreon. If your the top 3 sheiks in the world, does that make my Ness the sheik slayer? Missing you boo boo.

*PK THunder 2s out of thread*
i played you 1 match in a MU i never played before and it was still close. that's kinda sad on your part.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Trash talk like a boss (choose one of the following):
I will pwn you
- blindfold
- with controller upside down
- with my worst character
- with a timeout so the torture is longer
- with Wiimote
- only using one move
- while sleeping
- with my controller unplugged
If you can't do at least 5 of these to the average player, why are you on the list?

The_NZA

Smash Lord
i played you 1 match in a MU i never played before and it was still close. that's kinda sad on your part.
And that, my friend, is how it is done.

Eli proven to still be the only one who can "take" trash talk.

(btw it was a 2stock).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

trying to get an emotional response out of someone is just trolling, good trash talk ends up being fun for both people. besides, there's an entire thread with your salt in it, so i already know you're just trying to be a prick. i went over to meet the ness players to see what they were like and to play some throw-away matches to learn the match-up. if i would have known you'd be this annoying about it forever i just wouldn't have played you. good trash talk makes you want to play the person more, not less.

trash talk: i was more certain that ness is garbage coming out of the match.

trolling: me and nza both got dead last at apex, except i never entered.

D

Deleted member

umbreon do you have no EVs because you're weak as ****
Yeah I'm wild but at least I have a Bold nature.

Real talk Umbreon seems pretty good this gen for the first time since like 2002. I just don't know how to place it on a team yet.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
real talk Umbreon sucks in all gens especially project m

:denzel:

Last edited:

The_NZA

Smash Lord
trying to get an emotional response out of someone is just trolling, good trash talk ends up being fun for both people. besides, there's an entire thread with your salt in it, so i already know you're just trying to be a prick. i went over to meet the ness players to see what they were like and to play some throw-away matches to learn the match-up. if i would have known you'd be this annoying about it forever i just wouldn't have played you. good trash talk makes you want to play the person more, not less.

trash talk: i was more certain that ness is garbage coming out of the match.

trolling: me and nza both got dead last at apex, except i never entered.
I don't know man. I think taking your claim of being top 3 sheiks and me saying i'm the sheik slayer is plain cookie cutter trash talk. Not an ounce more. Not an ounce less. Rebuking your top 3 claim in a video game isn't emotional to me--its just talking trash. Sorry if you feel it's more personal than that.

Prince Longstrok

I feel like we should get into a big circle in an abandoned parking garage or bar while doing all of this :s.

Hey strong bad!.. You got your ass handed to you at Shuffle and it made me giggle.

Also you look funny.

*drops mic*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Opening this cause people actually haven't been bothering me about it since I closed it. Don't let it suck again or it may just stay closed forever next time. If you purposefully troll/flame I'll just ban you.

Have fun :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom