• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Top 5 Notable Players from their respective characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
I'd also vouch for Catana for Link, consistently places within top 4 at tourneys and is 4th on the Netherlands PR last time I checked. Hasn't come to any US majors due to expenses however, hopefully that changes in the near future.
Catana is from a relatively weak region. I don't think Catana can really be placed on here. I would have said the same about Izaw I if I didn't see how well he did against top players at Genesis, though.

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
There's also an AMAZING DK Player named Riot. I feel he deserves to be on here since he is an actual DK main.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
:4lucas:Imo Lucas order

Pink Fresh > SpaceDong > Xanos > Hakii > Oblivion

Considering results mostly not skill(if skill SpaceDong is number 1)

Last edited:

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
Fierce66 Fierce66 While I most definitely appreciate you saying something, these lists overall are super cancerous and biased, because mostly everyone will try to hype up the good player of whatever character in their region, usually exaggerating. Plus overall this list truly doesn't matter. but thank you <3

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm in the NC tier listings with Mewtwo... but people forget about me... even though I was featured in the Mewtwo article...

Evilpotato1121

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna disagree with some of the duck hunt ratings. Guy is good, but he definitely isn't top 5. DandyPenguin might do well in his region, but he's only been notable at one major.

ImHip isn't even on this list, and he is probably the best in the US besides maybe MVD (who rarely uses DH anymore). He's in a good region and he places well, and he just barely missed top 64 at G3 (got 65th).

If Dunnobro is on this list, MVD probably should be as well. He doesn't have a ton of results with him recently, but he did recently win (or top 3 at least) VSGC using mostly DH.

Dunnobro was probably the best technical DH that I had ever seen, but last I heard/saw, he wasn't using him much anymore. Plus, he never travels outside of MD/VA and the only time that he won xanadu, he apparently wasn't using duck hunt from what I understand (Yoshi). Might still be good to leave on the list because looking of videos of his play is a great way to learn.

Both the Japanese players are pretty much inarguably 1&2.

Also, for Capt. Falcon, Fatality 2-0'd tearbear at 2GG and he just placed 17th at G3 still after being DQ'd in the winners side of pools.

Last edited:

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
If we are gonna be region biased though! I dont know who Samsora has beaten besides like MJG I think, who consistently loses more and more. However I do know that Saj, a Peach main from Florida got top 8 at Smash the Record, beating Anti to get into top 8. Has multiple wins over Ryo, Sol, Poltergust, Dath, Phuzix, Depth, and places consistently in stacked Florida tourneys.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Everything has been updated upon requests.

Guys, this is just a list of notable players. If your name doesn't appear, or you know someone who is not on the list, please don't let it ruin your life over it.

Thank you

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
I will say Fatality should be over TearBear. Better results at Smash Con and Genesis 3 and has beaten Tearbear from what I have read here.

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
Everything has been updated upon requests.

Guys, this is just a list of notable players. If your name doesn't appear, or you know someone who is not on the list, please don't let it ruin your life over it.

Thank you
I'm sorry, but who is "T" under the Link section? Again, Catana doesn't fit criteria of large locals or attending majors.

Last edited:
F

FennerGuy1992

SlayerZ is my inspiration on using Peach, the most underrated character!

Wait a minute, Pink Fresh used Peach, I'm surprised he's not in the top 5...

Last edited by a moderator:

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
It was definitely expected tho in a community full of crybabies who demand recognition and compliments for every little thing they do. Also expected when the list is straight up biased, which is expected due to someone being better than someone else being completely subjective, I feel you tho CHOMPY CHOMPY

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
CHOMPY CHOMPY I'm not sure why Cassius isn't #1 on Bowsers...

Here's JohnNumbers WFT beating Vinnie's Shiek:

Here's Cassius' Bowser beating John Numbers WFT (after he beat Vinnie):

Last edited:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Sweet list, is it too much to ask to fix my name? I don't spell it with an H. Thanks CHOMPY CHOMPY

Kider

Smash Cadet
I do think Rayquaza > Xaltis though.
Xaltis, please forgive my naiveness to your smash career as whole, what is your top wins and national placements? (i haven't seen everything you've done)
I mean Rayquaza is a top player in the midwest, has taken sets off Ally, has a game off of both nairo and zero, in crew battle he won with 2 stocks to esam's 3 stocks., beaten Anti,xeroxen, wizzrobe, loe1, and got 5th at BH5.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
It's a honor to be a Top 5 Puff player :D
But... I should be honest. I play much more Kirby than Puff in tournaments and my placements are not high yet. I think I have the potential, but I just became competitive. Thanks anyway :D

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Not to be too picky, but Pon isn't generally considered to be top 5. He's really good, but he has no tournament results to speak of. As far as I know, he was put into #2 upon the request of one person (breaking top 16 in a 40-man tournament isn't quite world-class results). I understand these lists take some ironing out, but I don't generally feel too many people would disagree with the tier list I posted earlier -- it's been a year-long work-in-progress on the part of the entire competitive Ganon community. Even if nothing changes aside from Pon, I don't feel Pon is a good choice if we're to stick by our guns of tournament results mixed with public opinion.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Just to clarify, I meant to drop Tweek from the Wario list all together. I'm pretty sure he's all Jr/Cloud now.

Reflex > Waymas > Nasubi > Jeepy > C4 is a solid list.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Rice should probably be on the list for Dr. Mario (perhaps before Nairo?). Got 65th at G3 and does solidly at Come on and Bans and other tournaments in California.

AeonXero

Smash Rookie
Fatality should be over Tearbear.
He has better placements, and has also defeated Nietono.
Sure he lost to Larry, but Fatality two stocked Tearbear and then beat him again in the Falcon round robin.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Not to be too picky, but Pon isn't generally considered to be top 5. He's really good, but he has no tournament results to speak of. As far as I know, he was put into #2 upon the request of one person (breaking top 16 in a 40-man tournament isn't quite world-class results). I understand these lists take some ironing out, but I don't generally feel too many people would disagree with the tier list I posted earlier -- it's been a year-long work-in-progress on the part of the entire competitive Ganon community. Even if nothing changes aside from Pon, I don't feel Pon is a good choice if we're to stick by our guns of tournament results mixed with public opinion.
The tournament was 80-men, but had pools so the final tournament bracket was 40-men. He was also top 48/320 at Umebura Niconico Tokaigi Qualifiers, which is pretty good if you ask me.

Palutena mains: How high does Jyala rank among Palutenas? He was Top 48/320 at Umebura Niconico Tokaigi Qualifiers and Top 24/200ish at Umebura 19, but I don't know how well the currently listed top 5 have done, especially Prince Ramen who's at 5th right now.

I also propose Ginko for the 4/5th Pac-man slot.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Swap FOW with Shaky and put M2K above Larry for Donkey Kong. M2K took a set off MVD with his DK and made top 3 at a few MVG weeklies with him. Larry doesn't have any wins besides beating ESAM's yoshi in a "grudge match".

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
He does but is this list based off skill or popularity? Also either way remove T. Noone knows who he is
I'll agree in regards to T but Izaw is a lot better than these boards gave him credit for. Genesis proved this. He literally was giving Fatality and 8bitman a run for their money. Ryo too. Show that man some respect. He's done a lot for us.

I stand by the removal of T and Catana. There's myself, KirinBlaze, Wheo and even Lythero that deserve it more.
Personally, I was the only Link in top 64 at Smash the Record and I'm in a pretty difficult region with 100+man weeklies. NickRiddle,8bitman,MVD, Xaltis.. etc.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Kodystri Kodystri is arguably the best Lucas (possibly also the 5th best ness). He's PRd in Georgia (his old tag is Kodystri if you want to look up past results)

Imo the best yoshi is still Raptor. Although him and The Wall tied at G3, Raptor has better wins there (and overall in his region too, tristate is much better than texas) + since he went into losers earlier, he had to play more sets. The actual placement at a tournament doesn't really matter as much as how you got there

Going into Loser's Earlier just means that he was worse overall? He made it out of Round 1 pools on the Loser's Side, whereas I made it out Winner's. Not sure how the fact that we got to even placings yet him losing first makes him the better player.

I understand people are gonna **** on Texas for the debauchery that was the crew battle but lets look at it objectively. Dabuz is just a strong player and our team made a lot of faults (Espy suiciding twice, Karna not knowing how to fight a Bowser JR at all, Me not knowing how to fight Rosalina properly etc). Just because he performs well in his region doesn't mean that Texas is a bad region though. I'm positive in sets over Trela and Grimturtle and I win nearly every tournament I attend in Texas. Bias, bias and more bias. Lol either way it's cool to be mentioned on this list.

Fierce66

Smash Rookie
No lol you still got it wrong. The order should be. Scizor, Catana, hyrule hero, sova unknown, izaw/wheo
Catana has done nothing impressive though. On top of being in a free region, it appears Catana has been relatively inactive and still doesn't fit the criteria.
No locals of 70+ entrants. No majors. Hyrulehero, KirinBlaze, myself, Izaw and Wheo are all leagues better. Izaw/wheo just don't have the tournament exposure and the rest of us come from hard regions.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Although Edge and Rain are notable, I cannot respect their inclusion over all the regional sheiks in America. Dark Pit Nairo over Earth is also a bit silly unless he has used it foe a serious match in the past 12 months that I am not aware of.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
He does but is this list based off skill or popularity? Also either way remove T. Noone knows who he is
You suggest that Izaw be excluded from this list because it's based on skill and not popularity/exposure, then suggest T be excluded because "No one knows who he is." Please be consistent.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
A lot of people using PRs as reasons to list players but some regions like Midwest are arguably better than England for example
Regional strength should be a huge factor when it comes to local major placings tbh
Oh yeah, but Raziek lost to Cong, a diddy kong who got 25th at our last national. Just to show our depth at a london monthly where generally only london players attend.
We're worse than Socal,Norcal, Florida, Tristate, Midwest Georgia and maybe MD/VA, Ontario and Mexico but no where else.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I think we should focus on filling out the top 5 for each character before trying to put them in order. Putting players in order tends to be way more of a s**tshow, and we should put that off until we have a preliminary list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom