• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Top 5 Notable Players from their respective characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Formal request for Robin's character icon to be changed to female.

All of the top 3 play female.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Komorikiri for Sonic and Cloud
Motsunabe for Lucario
Both Japanese players who have played their characters (sans Cloud) the best in their country
iiGGY and Xaltis are both better than AfroCircus for Rosalina
nvm Xaltis is there
Venia is arguably the best NA Greninja player with top 8 results at every Nebulous he's gone to, a stacked local in a stacked region (NY)
Abadango for MK?

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Can Nairo be classified as a doc player? Has he pulled out doc any other time aside from MLG? With that logic, why isn't Nairo also among the best Zelda players? I'd argue that Sethlon isn't a notable Roy player, or a notable smash 4 player for that matter. But since Roy has never gotten any good placings, I suppose anyone could take the spot as the best Roy player.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Formal request for Robin's character icon to be changed so it has both male and female.

All 5 play either gender.

Also, I'd proffer Muse as a potential 5th Toon Link for this list. Getting 5th at the TLOC 1K a few months back and getting 13th at a recent Shockwave has made him known through this region.

Last edited:

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
Would nominate El Bardo for 2nd on Dedede. He's been consistently PR'd in Spain. Not sure if he's been able to attend a US major thouh.

FalconXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItalianFalcon
Interesting list, for ROB at the very least Holy should be above Mister Eric since Holy has better results than Eric does. In addition, I believe OCEAN should be somewhere as well on that list.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Ryo is a great Palutena player (along with Ike, but you already have that). Not sure if he is active with her or not, but I would like to put that out there. :upsidedown:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Yeah, you might want to order this list, because I made it with the mains being random.
(Also, you should add Acid to the Falcon mains list, I was going to but forgot).

Interesting list, for ROB at the very least Holy should be above Mister Eric since Holy has better results than Eric does. In addition, I believe OCEAN should be somewhere as well on that list.
This list was made with the assumption being NA only, which is why Ranai, Ocean, Earth, Mr. R, etc aren't on this list. If we're changing that, then you guys can do whatever,

Last edited:

FalconXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItalianFalcon
This list was made with the assumption being NA only, which is why Ranai, Ocean, Earth, Mr. R, etc aren't on this list. If we're changing that, then you guys can do whatever,
Oh I see, well if that's the case then it makes sense, but I would add to the OP that it's for NA Only if that's what you end up leaving it as.

Also, after looking over the list more I see that Ranai is in fact on the list.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
You should probably note that this list is excluding players from outside North America. (Although I think that Europe should be included as well, since they really only have one notable player, Mr. R.)

It is at this point I realize that you actually DID include players from Japan, in which case a lot of work needs to be done. For example, Brood and Yusan are hands down the best Duck Hunt players in the world. Some is the best Greninja player in the world. Kirihara should be there for Rosalina. Choco should be there for ZSS. RAIN should be there for Sheik. Maybe Fsann for Ness. And I don't know when the last time Abadango used Wario is, but if he has used Wario recently, put him down for that as well.

And of course put Mr. R in for Sheik as well.

Also, Heero/StaticManny has used Roy pretty often recently, so you could list him there.

Also also, when was the last time Trela used Charizard? I don't think he counts as a Charizard player anymore.

Can Nairo be classified as a doc player? Has he pulled out doc any other time aside from MLG?
Dude, he used Doc at Genesis against ESAM. (At least, that's what the bracket says.)

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Oh, worth noting: I think you may have messed up on the Brawler players.

Unless I'm unaware of someone with the tag KP, that's supposed to be KP Joey (as one singular player)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4zbzSSiRE
I knew I missed one.
Dude, he used Doc at Genesis against ESAM. (At least, that's what the bracket says.)
He pulled him out for two games against Esam, lost, then won the next three with ZSS. Take that as you will.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Anyway, my suggestions:

Add Acid for Falcon.
Remove Trela for Charizard.
Remove MVD for Duck Hunt (he hasn't played Duck Hunt in forever) and add Brood and Yusan.
Add Some for Greninja.
Remove Noa for Ness and add Fsann.
Remove iiGGY for Rosalina and add Kirihara.
Add Heero/StaticManny for Roy.
Remove False and Karna for Sheik and add Mr. R and RAIN.
Add Abadango for Wario.
Remove either VaBengal or Dakpo (I don't care which one) for ZSS and add Choco.

Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Can you guys tell me where Choco :4zss:, Kirihara :rosalina:, Fsann :4ness: should be ranked?

Everything is updated to this pointt.

Remember this is only top 5. If their name isn't on it., we would have to get multiple votes to have their name be put on the list.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he stopped using Wario? Pacman too, while I'm talking about him, since he's on the list.
Hence why I asked if he has used Wario recently, because I honestly don't know.

Also, if we're putting them in order, TKBreezy should probably be last for WFT, if even on the list at all.

Last edited:

Kider

Smash Cadet
Smasher1001 for mega man.
Sethsational for captain falcon.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Abadango has dropped Wario, Pacman completely
He uses MK and Mewtwo, as listed on his twitter and twitch
V115 is better than VaBengals
**** any ZSS is

Replace 6WX with Venom, a Canadian Ryu, PR'd and placed well at KTAR and other Canada majors

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would Paseriman be considered a notable Pit? He's the only other Pit I can think of that gets results.

Spikezillian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spikezillian
.... So I had no idea that Ray Kalm was considered one of the best Ganon out there.. I played him in my pools at Forge here in Toronto last weekend. Damn. Really wish I asked him for advice on my own Ganon, then. He said my Mewtwo was good though.

Hope this isnt considered unrelated, just shocked that I never realized this before.

Also Waveguider for WFT mains?

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Greward should be no2 to scatt for mega man. He is very good from Europe. I know he has had some good sets against Mr R in a grand final.

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
Oh didn't notice you edited the OP before I made my post.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
iStudying for :4greninja:. He placed 2nd at a Dutch major (Avalon U), is ranked #2 on the Dutch PR, and is a member of the Sm4shBR.

I think he should take the #3 spot since aMSa hasn't played Smash 4 in a while if I'm not mistaken.
LOL Amsa is there
Amsa cant be there considering he hasn't played Smash 4 in like months
Shiki deserves a spot as well, over Techei arguably

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
Naoto for Little Mac? Sparky (MI, he was PR'ed at some point) for Mewtwo?

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
For Lucina, literally the only notable player I can think of (outside of maybe Nairo) is CherubiKnight, from Florida. Considering we currently have no one listed for Lucina, you'd might as well throw him on there.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Will be contributing more player names for the lesser used characters but for now a few questions, then some preliminary names to get the list started.

I know this thread was just made so it's not too detailed yet but

"1) You have to get good results from going to a large local event (70+ higher) Also, you need to attend some of the big events (Big House, EVO, CEO, Genesis, etc.) to get notable results"

I'm guessing you're saying that that's the minimum requirement, because getting good results at a regional or national is better than a large local.

2) Are the players ordered by skill, results, or arbitrary? If skill, FOW should definitely be #1, Zinoto should be over MVD for Diddy Kong, and Nietono should also be somewhere up there above Angel Cortes / JJRockets.

Players:

For Palutena: TLTC should be placed above Aerolink. He has both better results, better wins, and better skill. Next is a pretty close tossup between Aerolink, Ryo, Ice Ninja, Jyala (Japanese player), and Prince Ramen. I would probably rank them as such though: TLTC > Aerolink > Ryo > Ice Ninja > Prince Ramen.

Jerm should definitely be listed for Shulk. There are several other pretty good Shulk players (many of which forget their name) but some that are up there are Jayroach and Soronie.

#1 for Jigglypuff should be Dol from Japan. I don't know who BrianYDG is. Raichu4U and some Jigglypuff player I forget their name of from Midwest should be put up there with Seryender under Dol since there's no other Jigglypuffs really and the list is still empty. Same goes for JKBUK for G&W, he should be put either above or below Gimr.

Earth should be considered for Dark Pit as well since he also uses him sometimes, but I don't know how you want to handle clones.

Mikey Lenetia, PR'd in MI should be considered for Peach. I am not familiar with all of the Peach players, but #5 should be fine for now.

I think Gyo is better than Boscotty. Not sure about OCEAN, unfamiliar with him.

Mew2Squared and Sparky should be added to the Mewtwo list. Mew2Squared should probably be above Sparky.

Oblivion should be put under Lucas. Not a Lucas main, but he plays like 6 characters and uses them all seriously in tournament.

Neo I don't believe mains Lucina, but has as well practiced Lucina for some tournament runs / MUs / important matches that led him to get good results. There was also a DDD/Lucina player at Dismantle 2 who had a pretty good Lucina and maybe should be considered (I'll try to find his name haha... he fought SETHsational).

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
For TL, you might want to replace 3xA (Norcal PR, 65th at G3) with Hayato (Japanese TL). Put him right under Zan.

so i see 3 players from WI (raynoire, zylach, zolda) on this list, I've been ranked over 2 of them for multiple seasons and i'm not ranked for DDD...what a shame lol

and Zolda over zylach cus zolda has actually won a tournament

Last edited:

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Can you guys tell me where Choco :4zss:, Kirihara :rosalina:, Fsann :4ness: should be ranked?

Everything is updated to this pointt.

Remember this is only top 5. If their name isn't on it., we would have to get multiple votes to have their name be put on the list.
Choco is the second best Zero Suit and Kirihara is the second best Rosalina. Fsann doesn't really do anything anymore, the relevant Japanese Ness is taranito who is probs 4th best Ness (after FOW/Shaky/NAKAT).

Kider

Smash Cadet
To add to the palutena, yoshi kirishima is pretty good. He took 4th at Regional rebirth 6th which included knocking loe1 into losers bracket.

Oh I think rayquaza might be better than Xaltis but not sure..... That's in the air for debate.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyway, my suggestions:

Add Some for Greninja.
Didn't someone say that Some dropped Greninja for Sheik? FullMoon FullMoon ?

I don't know about all of HaKii's placings or how long he used him, but HaKii for Lucas. Hyrule Hero for Link? DarkWolf and Artyruu? I think that's her tag for Shulk. Prince Kirby for Kirby, I guess... Does Triple R post on Smashboards? He could vouch for him. I don't follow his placings, but Andy_Sauro for Bowser Jr. To fill out Falco's... @Gamegenie222, Eshura (@eshu125), and Daybreak (@Daybreak502).

Edit: This is a marker since I can probably find some of their results on Smashboards.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Never mind, I could only find Daybreak's: http://smashboards.com/rankings/daybreak502.321193/user?id=8. Forgot about this: @Liberation recently made a notable Greninja player thread: smashboards.com/threads/the-hall-of-fame-notable-greninja-project.428804/.

Last edited:

Iko-Seiko

Smash Apprentice
Gunners are Rom, Chibo, and San. There's also a gunner user at Xanadu, but idk his name.

Swordfighters are Trela and maybe Nyani?

Possibly 1up Nitro for Pika?

And definitely Soronie for Shulk, she took Fillip out of winners at a norcal tournament just before G3.

Last edited:

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Earth uses Dark Pit as well as Pit now
Put Vex on the list for DK
Tweek and Rain should be the 2 remaining Cloud slots
As much as I love Ksev and his Fox, Xzax deserves the spot over him with wins on MVD and Vinnie at Genesis 3
Umeki from Japan is definitely worth a mention for the Peach list. I would also recommend looking at Kie and Captain Zack, since I'm pretty sure they both have better wins than Llod.
If Abadango is on the list for Wario I don't see why he can't be on the list for Pacman
Hakii and Spacedong are both notable Lucases
Gibus should be considered for Greninja. He has very recent wins on both Denti and Dakpo. He also has a very strong Lucario that he frequently uses in tournament.
Rom is a Mii Gunner from Japan. Can't find any vods atm but he was at the Wombo Wednesday right before Genesis 3 so his set with Ally should be up eventually
TLTC for Palutena
Chaos for Bowser. He recently won a Smash4Ever biweekly. Has multiple wins on Keitaro and Angel Cortez.
Koolaid for Doc
Supergirlkels > Blue for Sonic imo
Mew² and Blue for Mewtwo
Nietono and Ryuji are two very proficient Diddy Kongs that are likely better than JJRockets. Sorry JJ. :/
Tremendo Dude and Darkwolf for Shulk

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ah, kind of like how aMSa said he may switch to Pikachu because of customs, but that didn't happen since customs weren't adopted. Anyway, @Macchiato, anything else on notable Zelda mains? There's Purple Guy whose tag is something like #HBC | Scary or something - not tagging 'cause I don't know if that's Purple Guy or not. Also, Rice for Dr. Mario? He plays a lot of characters, but he was known for playing Dr. Mario a lot. For Wario, there was the Mexican Wario, Waymas. If not, then Jeepysol?

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
reflexwonder seems serious about his mewtwo. If Abadango goes on the list, so should he

:150:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom