• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 3 Olimars

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
guess some people who don't know about the first Olimars should learn something from this, respect lol, jk :laugh:

But seriously, gj Echo.

Can we please kill this thread now? It's an eyesore to see people have to come here and claim who is better or worse, that they are.

It's too early to care and to brag although if you get to be top there's a reason for that.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Yea I am not trying to brag and I am not trying to say I am the best but I find it hard not to interject when I keep reading people debate about whether I am good or not.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
No, I completely understand where you're coming from.

Not saying I'm good, but I'm not a bad player.
It's just when these threads pop up it becomes more destructive to the Olimar community than constructive since people will badger each other over who's the best instead of sharing the new information they find and helping Olimar players rise in tournament placings.

I persoanlly would like to see new vids of your Olimar Echo.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
P.S. Woah, DanGR, you're on 500+ posts. I swear I had more posts than you at one time...lol!
ahh, post count doesn't matter any.

Yea I am not trying to brag and I am not trying to say I am the best but I find it hard not to interject when I keep reading people debate about whether I am good or not.
you're good, just maybe not the best. We haven't seen any videos for a while, and I'm skeptical. That's all. Well, good job in the tourney. Noticed some good names in that list you posted. Keep it up.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Oh, I never doubted that you were good. I just had no idea how good you were, since 1. i have no idea who the **** half your opponents were, and 2. many of them were bad. Those kinds of debates will happen with people who uploaded videos way before anyone else, or more vids than anyone else, so I wouldn't worry about it.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I still think Echo is probably the best olly - as evidence by his placings...I am not a fan of mr x...i'm sorry but he has never done anything to really really impress me...but once again that is my personal opinion...

This forum is a waste of time...I was not even listed once ;)...but anyways...if people spent less time talking about who is the best and spent more time talking about things that are actually pertinent to the olly forums, the community as a whole would greatly benefit.

shanus

Smash Hero
I still think Echo is probably the best olly - as evidence by his placings...I am not a fan of mr x...i'm sorry but he has never done anything to really really impress me...but once again that is my personal opinion...

This forum is a waste of time...I was not even listed once ;)...but anyways...if people spent less time talking about who is the best and spent more time talking about things that are actually pertinent to the olly forums, the community as a whole would greatly benefit.
its ok shrink, your my knight in shining armor... QFT on your last sentence though, I feel this forum lacks much in the character development department

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Not to brag too much but...

1: Groom Blue (Chillindude829 and Azen Zagenite)
2: INFERNO STEVE (Meep and RenoK)
3: Forte & K9 (Forte and K9)
4: Shell Shocked (Tin and Rebel)
5: NC - Bros (Echo and Karn)
5: BSR (Tope and Cyrain)
7: Team Nasty (Aho and Fonz)
7: Alpha - g-reg (Alphazealot and G-regulate)
9: Something Sexy Bro (Knorr and Dirty)
9: Amy & Chu Dat (Chudat and Amy)
9: Chred & Boss (ChRed and Boss)
9: Maverick Hunters (Blues and Hova)
13: Team Sword (Dentu and Screp)
13: Agent Cody Banks (FOB and 5% Tax)
13: Who? (Winnar and Sharkbait)
13: Famous Last Words (B-Run and Jump20XE)
17: Team BRAWL (Aero and TDFX)
17: Band of the Hawk (The Yoster and Thumbswayup)
17: White Base (MGO and KoreanMachine)
17: Lil Snakey (Joe and Mulligan)
17: BeBop (G-Unit and Triz)
17: P-Monkeys (Soul and GIGS)
17: Taco Magnifico (StrAY and MiTNz)
17: Strike Trinity (Skins and Saber)
25: Frooty Loops (Ian and Olimar)
25: My Fruity Pink Pebbles (HG and Panda)

Singles

1: Azen Zagenite
2: Chillindude829
3: Forte
4: g-reg
5: NC - Echo
5: HeyitsYo
7: RenoK
7: Karn
9: B-Run
9: Chu Dat
9: CK
9: Aero
13: Okin
13: KM
13: 5% Tax
13: Mulligan
17: Travis
17: Skins
17: Jump20XE
17: Knorr
17: Soul
17: Aho
17: Fonz
17: Blues
25: ADA
25: Tope
25: Lobos
25: VisT
25: Boss
25: Joe
25: Cyrain
25: Ch=
33: Dirty
33: LSD
33: Hova
33: Alpha Zealot
33: Fab
33: Steve
33: Meep
33: ChRed
33: Green
33: The Yoster
33: Rebel581
33: Tin
33: NACKER
33: Thumbswayup
33: FOB
33: MetaShLt
49: PengPM
49: VR
49: StrAY
49: Winnar
49: Screp
49: Israr
49: Kappn
49: MGO
49: TDFX
49: G-Unit
49: KoreanMachine
49: Saber
49: Taj
49: BillyBob
49: MiTNz
49: Tek
65: GIGS
65: Amy
65: Dre
65: K9
65: Triz
65: Sharkbait
65: Seck

and...

There was another C3 before that with much of the same people and I placed 5th in singles and 5th in doubles again.
I knew you were good NC-Echo!! :bee:

P.S. Heh, I'm also pretty glad that Karn did pretty well also. He's the best R.O.B. Player and a very fine Fox Player in my opinion.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
its ok shrink, your my knight in shining armor... QFT on your last sentence though, I feel this forum lacks much in the character development department
btw - everytime I see you post I have the urge to watch your combo vid in your thread again...that was bananas...i've now seen it almost 10 times...I loved it :D

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Pulled second place in a tournament last week, making me the best Olimar in New Hampshire...Ohhh yeaaaaa

(and the second best player in the state too apparently)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Echo is seriously really good with Olimar no joke. I've had the pleasure of playing many matches against him, and he is indeed too good. No one should doubt him.

asob4

Smash Champion
ok i have to say this, not to be a **** or anything
but after watching a lot of your guys' "rate my oli" vids i think none of you compare to mr. x or nc. like seriously. you guys might know everything but you don't apply it. unless for some reason you guys played bad in the vids. maybe i'm just too used to watching myself (and echo and mr. x) play fast and aggressive as where from MOST of you guys i've seen play slow, stay-plastered-to-the-floor type gameplay
it just bugs me i guess
sorry if i came off as a ****, i didn't mean to

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
ok i have to say this, not to be a **** or anything
but after watching a lot of your guys' "rate my oli" vids i think none of you compare to mr. x or nc. like seriously. you guys might know everything but you don't apply it. unless for some reason you guys played bad in the vids. maybe i'm just too used to watching myself (and echo and mr. x) play fast and aggressive as where from MOST of you guys i've seen play slow, stay-plastered-to-the-floor type gameplay
it just bugs me i guess
sorry if i came off as a ****, i didn't mean to

A very blunt but truthful statement. I would give a Highly Commended to Shrinkray, DanGR and DSF however...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, OlimarFan, I'd rather you wait until I get more vids online, but thanks.:)

Cerrus

Smash Cadet
Im sorry, this thread needs to change subject or die. Perhaps we should talk about who is most helpful in the Oli community as to help people know who to look fo rto advice, and thusfar I would indeed say NC-Echo, however all of us arguing about which YouTube videos makes someone the "best" has little to no purpose.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Im sorry, this thread needs to change subject or die. Perhaps we should talk about who is most helpful in the Oli community as to help people know who to look fo rto advice, and thusfar I would indeed say NC-Echo, however all of us arguing about which YouTube videos makes someone the "best" has little to no purpose.
Agreed. Threads like these don't present new techs or advice for using olimar and therefore shouldn't be made. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the worst olimar player out there. I don't really care. I post videos for people to critique so I'll get better, not for people to make threads and ask who's the best? I'm not perfect, and no-one else is either.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Agreed. Threads like these don't present new techs or advice for using olimar and therefore shouldn't be made. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the worst olimar player out there. I don't really care. I post videos for people to critique so I'll get better, not for people to make threads and ask who's the best? I'm not perfect, and no-one else is either.
BTDUBYA - this was said like 40 posts ago...so...agreed...:D

Noraa

Smash Lord
Yea this needs to be shut down its jus like spaz posting. we arent gettin anwhere as a olimar group lol =]

Weruop

Smash Ace
BEST OLIMARS I know of are
Rocann/Andy(G) who i first met at gamefaqs. our record is 13-13.we have a very dif play style tho, and we read eachother like books
L-Cancel who mi met at Smashbrawlrankings
and OMGKenny from gamefaqs, and NC-Echo
and myself

ok thats 5 but w/e. we should make a round robin tourny or a poll... or both

asob4

Smash Champion
so far only echo and mr. x have proven themselves as excellent olimars placing well in tournaments.
when you place high in large tournaments and play and beat other people who have proven themselves time and time again, then you may be considered
but as of now only those two have proven themselves
for all so cal oli's go to nexus and place well, i know i'm gonna try my best ^^

-Dixi_

Smash Cadet
What the hell?

Icekid has won 4 florida tourneys with olimar. (FIRST PLACE)

one of them 16 people
one of the 23 people
one of the 128 people
one of them 50 people(half rob half olimar)

beating other top florida snakes and MKs that have won 128/160 man tournies as well.

as well as placing top 2/4/8 in almost every other tourney he was at

Weruop

Smash Ace
i can have a 120-0 record and still suck ***. get wut im saying? were there even well known players in those tourneys. i just watched him play and he doesnt really like anything amazing. he uses up b alot, and sometimes hes high in the air so it leaves him very open, which isnt good. thats one thing i saw...

Dotcom

Smash Lord
What the hell?

Icekid has won 4 florida tourneys with olimar. (FIRST PLACE)

one of them 16 people
one of the 23 people
one of the 128 people
one of them 50 people(half rob half olimar)

beating other top florida snakes and MKs that have won 128/160 man tournies as well.

as well as placing top 2/4/8 in almost every other tourney he was at
That's nice but evrytime I look him up I don't really see anything that would put him into the top 3 OLlmar's in these boards. On top of that even when i looked this Icekid up, there's no one he fought against that is actually like known.

-Dixi_

Smash Cadet
proof is proof fools. He's beaten every top florida player and won more money then any of you ever will in this game : /

i can say i havent seen any good cali players and why havent the oli's gotten 1st if they're amazing? thread should be top 3 in cali cause each scene is different until evo gets the rules right.

asob4

Smash Champion
proof that he can beat crappy players? that doesn't prove anything
california has some of the top players in america, futile and DSF just to name a few
it's hard to take first when you have to get through DSF and futile

Weruop

Smash Ace
proof is proof fools. He's beaten every top florida player and won more money then any of you ever will in this game : /

i can say i havent seen any good cali players and why havent the oli's gotten 1st if they're amazing? thread should be top 3 in cali cause each scene is different until evo gets the rules right.

way to go ahead and assume that he is better than all of us will ever be. yeah! wa to go 4 u buddy! keep it up!

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Ok I just checked out some of the Icekid videos. Here's a link for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCC9NLtJBD4

He seems like a good player, but I wouldn't put him in my top 3. Snake let him control the match but even then I wouldn't say he's as rock solid as Olimar can get.

And the snake player either didn't know how to play against Olimar or didn't really know how to play as Snake. Letting him tether recover with 1 pikmin? I would have jumped off the screen if I was snake out of shame or Olimar out of mercy.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
y'all, quit boosting this thread. It isn't doing the olimar community any good and it's just inflating/deflating people's egos. Go and try to duplicate the roll-upsmash thing. I tried for 3 hours today.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
I like how this thread has more people saying "this thread needs to die" than any of the people posting something helpful. I agree that this thread is stupid, but your not helping it die by posting that it needs to die.

Top Bottom