• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
It's in my sig, but I'll post my reasoning (the ordering's a little different, but w/e):

1. Dixie Kong - My most wanted since Brawl, especially after Diddy was added. DKC2 was a major part of my childhood, and Dixie was my favorite of the two playable Kongs. I loved how useful her helicopter spin was, and I loved her overall attitude. I remember when the Forbidden 7 were discovered, and I heard rumors about them either being added via a "Super Smash Bros. Channel" or the North American localization; I was very disappointed when it was eventually revealed that they were just cut characters (it also didn't help that Mewtwo and Roy were among my top 3 favorites in Melee). Tropical Freeze somewhat satisfied my want to play as her again, but now I want her in Smash more than ever.

2. King K. Rool - He's an iconic villain to long-time Nintendo veterans, and his Kaptain appearance remains among my all-time favorite villain designs. I would love to see him with a crazy moveset that reflects how unstable and yet intimidating he is. Also, blunderbuss. Lots and lots of blunderbuss. Give me a Kaptain alt, and I will go to town.

3. Wolf - One of my secondaries in Brawl, and my favorite of the Star Fox trio. I loved his characterization in Assault; he was an anti-hero who, despite being rivals with Fox, could put aside his differences in order to fight a bigger threat. He was easily the worst cut from Smash 4 for me.

4. Hades - KI over-representation be damned. Uprising introduced a lot of memorable and fun characters imo, and Hades was easily one of the high points for me. His banter with Pit, Palutena, and Viridi led to some of the best moments in the game; I wanted him to keep talking, even as I was taking him down. Easily the most glaring omission from Smash 4 and the Palutena's Guidance conversations was his glorious presence. Like most Uprising characters, he could easily have an interesting moveset, so I won't go into detail.

5. Krystal - One of my favorite characters in Assault, and I would love to see her with an original moveset using her staff. I could easily see her being fun to play as.

6. Mimikyu - Easily my favorite Gen VII Pokemon, and I could see a really fun moveset that represents the Ghost and Fairy types well.

7. Plague Knight - Won't happen, but he's my favorite character from the SK universe. Plague of Shadows was some of the most fun I've had in a 2D platformer besides DKC and old-school Mario, and Plague Knight could easily have an interesting moveset.

8. Pauline - I've really grown to like her since she got promoted for Odyssey. As a musician who loves playing jazz and swing, I can appreciate her new aesthetic and her status as one of the building blocks for Nintendo as a gaming company. She's got the long-time history and she could represent Odyssey as well, like Rosalina did for Galaxy.

9. Shantae - Could have an interesting moveset with her transformations, and I really liked Pirate's Curse. I think she's a cool character and would feel right at home in this game.

10. Sans - Never really played UT, but I've at least been on the internet enough to know who this guy is. I think he's got a fun personality and would be certainly unique to say the least. Plus, he'd bring Megalovania with him, so that's a plus in my book.

EDIT: Forgot Mimikyu; updated list.
Changed my list around; my tastes have changed a bit, and I realized that the rules say newcomers only.

1. Dixie Kong - My most wanted since Brawl, especially after Diddy was added. DKC2 was a major part of my childhood, and Dixie was my favorite of the two playable Kongs. I loved how useful her helicopter spin was, and I loved her overall attitude. I remember when the Forbidden 7 were discovered, and I heard rumors about them either being added via a "Super Smash Bros. Channel" or the North American localization; I was very disappointed when it was eventually revealed that they were just cut characters (it also didn't help that Mewtwo and Roy were among my top 3 favorites in Melee). Tropical Freeze somewhat satisfied my want to play as her again, but now I want her in Smash more than ever.

2. King K. Rool - He's an iconic villain to long-time Nintendo veterans, and his Kaptain appearance remains among my all-time favorite villain designs. I would love to see him with a crazy moveset that reflects how unstable and yet intimidating he is. Also, blunderbuss. Lots and lots of blunderbuss. Give me a Kaptain alt, and I will go to town.

3. Krystal - One of my favorite characters in Assault, and I would love to see her with an original moveset using her staff. I could easily see her being fun to play as.

4. Skull Kid - Majora's Mask is by far my favorite Zelda game, and he was a blast to play in HW (laser face for days). I would love to see him get in, especially if he came with a Clock Town stage.

5. Mimikyu - Easily my favorite Gen VII Pokemon, and I could see a really fun moveset that represents the Ghost and Fairy types well.

6. Hades - KI over-representation be damned. Uprising introduced a lot of memorable and fun characters imo, and Hades was easily one of the high points for me. His banter with Pit, Palutena, and Viridi led to some of the best moments in the game; I wanted him to keep talking, even as I was taking him down. Easily the most glaring omission from Smash 4 and the Palutena's Guidance conversations was his glorious presence. Like most Uprising characters, he could easily have an interesting moveset, so I won't go into detail.

7. Plague Knight - Won't happen, but he's my favorite character from the SK universe. Plague of Shadows was some of the most fun I've had in a 2D platformer besides DKC and old-school Mario, and Plague Knight could easily have an interesting moveset.

8. Pauline - I've really grown to like her since she got promoted for Odyssey. As a musician who loves playing jazz and swing, I can appreciate her new aesthetic and her status as one of the building blocks for Nintendo as a gaming company. She's got the long-time history and she could represent Odyssey as well, like Rosalina did for Galaxy.

9. Shantae - Could have an interesting moveset with her transformations, and I really liked Pirate's Curse. I think she's a cool character and would feel right at home in this game.

10. Spyro - I love this little guy; I grew up with the PS1 trilogy, and the remake sparked my interest in the series again. He'd easily be a fun character to play as, and I always need more dragons in my life.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
1. Wonder Red
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viridi
4. Spring Man
5. Waluigi
6. Impa
7. Takamaru
8. Lyn
9. Isabelle
10. Doc Louis

I wanted to update mine and add explanations
1. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101 is a fantastic game and is just bursting with moveset potential, he is a new IP of the Wii U era, he fits the superhero type character we need in smash, and he would fit right in with the cast. If you’ve played his game you understand why he needs to be playable. He would bring more personality than most of the newcomers people are requesting by a mile.
2. Viridi - Kid Icarus Uprising is Sakurai’s greatest game, it’s full of wonderful characters, a great story, and fun gameplay, I would love any additional character but my pick is Viridi because of how much love she got in smash 4, she’s an original character unlike Medusa/Hades, she would have a plant based moveset and use her scthye, and dark Pit works for her now so the roster would have a good balance of Pit/Palutena vs Pittoo/Viridi. I think an unexpected way she could get in is taking some of palutena’s special custom moves if they do away with those.
3. Waluigi - his time has come, two time assist trophy must break free of his chains. I’ve been wanting him for a decade now and I think this time is his shot. He’s hugely popular, and unlike his competition Daisy, he has a unique model that can’t just be a costume, he’s lanky and would either attack with spin off based moves or be a cheating dirty fighter. With some elements of luigi’s moveset
4. Impa - having been a character since the first zelda game, she is the most reoccuring Zelda character after the triforce trio. She has the potential to use moves from hyrule warriors, skyward sword, and breath of the wild. Ideally she’d be based on a younger version of herself from breath of the wild and fight using elements of the yiga clan. She’s could also work as an old monk type fighter.
5. Spring Man - ARMS deserves a rep and he’s the best choice, the dhalism of smash. I would love Mechanica as a second rep but know that’s unlikely
6. Takamaru - Samus, Pit, Link, and ____?? Compete the 1986 group and make Takamaru the samurai character the game needs. Revive him like Pit while you’re at it Sakurai
7. Dillon - a great rep for the eshop, could use his claws to attack, roll around, and use a tower defense based moveset with turrets and traps
8. Ganon - trident wielding, magic using, blue pig of evil. Enough said.
9. Isabelle - animal crossing needs a second rep, and this clumsy secretary is the best choice. She’s already been in mario kart 8, she’s basically halfway there.
10. Callie/Marie - depending how the inklings play in smash, I think these agents being semi clones would be great, they could use the roller and sniper. They are the most iconic splatooon characters other than the inklings themselves and splatoon deserves more reps with how huge it’s been for Nintendo these past couple years. They have concerts, plushes, amiibos, a huge part in story modes of both games, they deserve it.

My two third party picks
Phoenix Wright - he has been a Nintendo exclusive for two decades, he fights for justice and looks sharp while doing it. If capcom were to get another character he’s the best choice. Where’s monster hunter word on switch? Where’s resident evil 7?
I don’t know but I do know ace attorney 7 and all the first 6 games are coming to switch. He’s an honorary Nintendo character and has fighting experience before.
Joker - ATLUS should be represented in smash, and while Jack Frost is a good choice I think a persona protagonist would be a lot more exciting. He fits almost too wel with the cast and his style would be unmatched. He could be a summon character, using various demons to fight. As well as using an all out attack with ryuiji, makoto, and Morgana as a final smash.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
  1. The Sensei (Club Penguin)
  2. Bubsy
  3. Funky Kong
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Puffle (Club Penguin)
  6. Sandbag
  7. Neptune (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
  8. Marx (Kirby)
  9. Bandana Dee
  10. Kao the Kangaroo
HM. Paper Mario

Ok, so I'm planning on making threads for Sensei, the Puffles and Neptune just so I can explain myself, but it might take a while (maybe sandbag too).

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
1. Quote

wont happen but a guy can dream

i really love cave story, it's one of my favorite games, and i would love to see quote in this game. but shovel knight i feel deserves it more even though i absolutely love cave story. but if i had to pick the indie rep, it'd be quote, no questions asked

2. Takamaru

probably my most reasonable desired character.

he'd be fun to play as and the mysterious murasame castle is a franchise i feel nintendo should look into for another kid icarus uprising franchise revival.

3. Spyro

so for reference, if he has a shot at all he won't be a base game character

but if the trilogy gets ported to switch i'm getting my hopes up for dlc

4. Marx

i love super star, definitely my favorite kirby game. i also love this little conniving *******, and he has a lot of moveset potential too. we need more villains in smash, so why not? we all know how much sakurai loves super star anyways

5. Grovyle [specifically pmd2 grovyle]

the third crackpot shot. i just really love pmd2 as it's one of my favorite games of all time. seeing a character based off of the spin-off series would make me really happy as a longtime fan.

however, i don't expect this in the slightest

6. Crash Bandicoot

my less desired comparatively but still desired playstation mascot character.

i grew up on crash and spyro so the fact that crash has a genuine shot of getting into the game thanks to the n-sane trilogy switch port makes me happy. if he got in i would go nuts.

7. Funky Kong

ok, hear me out. k rool is cool but i'm not sure on his chances, and dixie is honestly kinda boring. you wanna know who would be absolutely hilarious though? funky kong. the idea of him being in smash is so entertaining to me that i want him in.

8. Bandana Dee

the kirby rep i expect. the boy deserves it, he's kirby's best friend and is a series staple. first spear user, unique moveset, kirby needs new reps, etc.

put him in already

9. Decidueye

the pokemon rep i expect. unique moveset, good pokemon, my strong pokemon bias, isn't incineroar, the bird has it all for me tbh.

10. FE16 Protagonist

"why are you hoping for a character you don't know about?!" because i like fire emblem, simple as that. i really doubt the fe16 protagonist will be as bad as roy or corrin if SoV is anything to go by, so i'm excited for whats to come regarding this character. they'll also probably not just be another sword user if thats a complaint since fe has been recently making their protagonist's arsenals more unique if corrin is anything to go by

Honorable Mentions

Ridley

ok so for reference i honestly don't care a lot about ridley himself. i have 0 attachment to metroid whatsoever so this is pretty much entirely me getting up and saying "please put him in the game so everyone can stop complaining about the fact that he isn't in the game already." no ill will intended towards the ridley fans though, i empathize with the fact that you've been constantly denied and been waiting forever.

King K. Rool

same logic as ridley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it might be time to update my list.
  1. Decidueye
  2. Isaac (He and Decidueye are interchangeable really)
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. King K. Rool
  6. Shovel Knight
  7. Ridley
  8. Phoenix Wright
  9. Waluigi
  10. Takamaru
Honorable mentions go to Rayman and about 10 Kirby characters.
Time for an update.

10. Tails (I had to think of this one for a while, this is more of a placeholder for now)
9. Takamaru
8. Waluigi
7. Ridley
6. King K. Rool
5. Crash Bandicoot
4. Shovel Knight
3. Isaac
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye

Honorable mentions: Knuckles, Eggman, Rayman, Phoenix Wright, Susie Haltmann, Dixie Kong.

This is likely to change in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
Time for an update.

10. Tails (I had to think of this one for a while, this is more of a placeholder for now)
9. Takamaru
8. Waluigi
7. Ridley
6. King K. Rool
5. Crash Bandicoot
4. Shovel Knight
3. Isaac
2. Bandana Dee
1. Decidueye

This is likely to change in the future.
Oh? Do you have already posted here? It would be a good idea if you quote the other post.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
  1. Anna (Fire Emblem)
  2. Celica (Fire Emblem)
  3. Jack Frost (Atlus)
  4. Shovel Knight
  5. Sceptile (Pokémon)
  6. Knuckles (Sonic)
  7. Excitebike
  8. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  9. KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  10. A Castlevania rep

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
10. Rex and Pyra

Moveset wise they interest me. XC2 is a great game, please check it out.

9. Decidueye/Mimikyu

My two favorite Gen 7 mons. I can not choose between them. I think both are very likely, but I would be happy with either one. I used both in game and they are great fun to use.

8. Pauline

I liked Odyssey and I feel she is the ideal choice. She is a cool character, and having her use Cappy would be a blast. Also a trailer with Jump Up Super Star would be legendary

7. Sora

I love Kingdom Hearts. I feel that Sora would be a blast to play as. Also getting a stage with songs like Rage Awakened, Darkness of the Unknown, Lord of the Castle, Fate of the Unknown, Destati, and Another Side Another story would be badass.

6. Travis Touchdown

No More Heroes is a nostalgic game for me. I love the humor and the game is just stupid fun. I feel Travis would be a great choice for smash. I am so hype for Travis Strikes Again.

5. Rayman

Playing through Rayman Legends rekindled my love for the limbless wonder. I just love the charm that he has. I would love to just smack people around with limbless hands it would be a blast to play as him.

4. King K Rool

I think everyone knows why K Rool should be in smash. I am just gonna say Kutthroats for life
3. Crash Bandicoot

The N Sane Trilogy was great. Having Crash back into modern relevancy. Having the old Sony mascot go toe to toe with Mario and Sonic would just be so badass.

2. Ridley

I honestly have a lot of faith in Rids. He is simply put IMO the most glaring omission in Smash's roster. He fits so many criteria we need. A villain. A big character. A metroid rep. The thought of playing as a big dragon and wasting fools makes my heat skip.

1. Spyro the Dragon

Okay. Spyro may not be the most likely. He kind of needs Crash to come first. But man, the Reignited Trilogy has made the possibility of Spyro in Smash a possibility. And damn, if I can play as the first character in my first video game, I would die a happy man.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
10-Waluigi. Is actually hard managing to stay a meme for this long, but there is plenty oportunity for a whacky and unique moveset. and unlike lanky kong... isnt 100% obscure.

9-Quote. far shot, I know.

8-Bomberman. gaming icon, although a little underwhelming now... at least is not 100% exctinct with a new game that was decent. i love Bomberman T.T

7-Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Another very far shot with cloud included.. but i would love another Final Fantasy representation that is not from VII, and certainly would love more final fantasy content. Terra would be a good replacement.

6-Urbosa. personally i would love any representation of the BOTW champions or sub champions (hi sidon) and zelda really could use a newcomer, specially after such a hit as BOTW. Urbosa is a personal favorite, but any champions works really.

5-Lycanrock. Would love a gen 7 pokemon , and out of teh options, lycanrock feels like the more interesting,(although i also love mimikyu) as for decidueye, dont mind him too much.. but i rather have gen 8 grass starter as a promotion /Hype setter and completing the trio)

4-Shovel Knight. all hail the new king of cameos..... cant wait for shovel knight 64 (not the commodeore 64 version)

3-Solaire of Astoria. nobody cant argue that the souls series have left an impact in videogame culture, and solaire have a great balance of meme /seriousness /cool. meaning it wouldnt be a joke character. Player Undead also works, as long as he/she have access to various of teh armors as skins :3

2-Ridley.
Yeah whatever, have been rooting for him since melee, if metroid prime 4 come with strenght, i can see Ridley being also a good promotion as a future DLC.

1-Simon Belmont.
This isnt a list of what we think it would made in.. but what we want.. and i would kill for some castlevania in my smash... too bad the series is practically dead outside of a mobile game that looks like it wont be too deep or interesting, and a great animation that have been being planned for over a decade now.
Still there is sadly a big huge problem for this to happen... and starts with K.

UserKev

Smash Champion
2-Ridley.
Yeah whatever, have been rooting for him since melee, if metroid prime 4 come with strenght, i can see Ridley being also a good promotion as a future DLC.
No DLC. Ridley is so long overdo that DLC would practically be a insult. Put him on the starter roster. No more waiting.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
10. Isaac (Golden Sun)- Was in Brawl as an assist trophy, but absent from 3DS/Wii U. If he makes a return, I hope it is as a playable character. Would add another series to Smash (in terms of playable characters).

9. Paper Mario- Almost surprised he hasn't been added in the series yet. PM is one of my favorite Mario spin-offs, even if the past few have been lackluster. Would be very unique and not "just another Mario".

8. Rayman- Very popular third party character, who has had some recent Nintendo appearances. Would be nice considering Ubisoft's great relationship with Nintendo these days.

7. Captain Toad- Had a new game, which is getting ported to 3DS & Switch. Prominent appearances in recent 3D Mario games and he could certainly be a unique character.

6. Dixie Kong- I definitely think DK deserves more reps and this helps bring in more female characters. Would probably be a semiclone of Diddy, but she still has enough to stand out.

5. Rex- Sakurai mentioned that he likes XC2, so I'd be shocked if the main character isn't in Smash Switch. At worst, I could see him being DLC.

4. Bandana Waddle Dee- Very prominent in the Kirby series and would be a great 4th rep (I think the Kirby series deserves at least one more rep). He's had so many playable appearances in Kirby games that I think he should be in Smash.

3. Decidueye- We will probably get a Gen 7 rep, so I think the fully evolved Grass starter would be the best choice (even though I personally like Incineroar over Decidueye).

2. King K. Rool- In terms of DK reps, I see K. Rool as more deserving thank Dixie because he is a villain and wouldn't be a semiclone. Him getting a Mii Fighter outfit in 3DS/Wii U gives me hope because it shows tat Sakurai knows he is highly requested.

1. Spring Man- Brand new Nintendo series, which seems to have lackluster sales (at least compared to Splatoon 1). Smash could help the boost popularity of ARMs. At worst, I could see Spring Man, or anyone from the series as DLC.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
10. Isaac (Golden Sun)- Was in Brawl as an assist trophy, but absent from 3DS/Wii U. If he makes a return, I hope it is as a playable character. Would add another series to Smash (in terms of playable characters).

9. Paper Mario- Almost surprised he hasn't been added in the series yet. PM is one of my favorite Mario spin-offs, even if the past few have been lackluster. Would be very unique and not "just another Mario".

8. Rayman- Very popular third party character, who has had some recent Nintendo appearances. Would be nice considering Ubisoft's great relationship with Nintendo these days.

7. Captain Toad- Had a new game, which is getting ported to 3DS & Switch. Prominent appearances in recent 3D Mario games and he could certainly be a unique character.

6. Dixie Kong- I definitely think DK deserves more reps and this helps bring in more female characters. Would probably be a semiclone of Diddy, but she still has enough to stand out.

5. Rex- Sakurai mentioned that he likes XC2, so I'd be shocked if the main character isn't in Smash Switch. At worst, I could see him being DLC.

4. Bandana Waddle Dee- Very prominent in the Kirby series and would be a great 4th rep (I think the Kirby series deserves at least one more rep). He's had so many playable appearances in Kirby games that I think he should be in Smash.

3. Decidueye- We will probably get a Gen 7 rep, so I think the fully evolved Grass starter would be the best choice (even though I personally like Incineroar over Decidueye).

2. King K. Rool- In terms of DK reps, I see K. Rool as more deserving thank Dixie because he is a villain and wouldn't be a semiclone. Him getting a Mii Fighter outfit in 3DS/Wii U gives me hope because it shows tat Sakurai knows he is highly requested.

1. Spring Man- Brand new Nintendo series, which seems to have lackluster sales (at least compared to Splatoon 1). Smash could help the boost popularity of ARMs. At worst, I could see Spring Man, or anyone from the series as DLC.
This thread is for top ten most WANTED.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
1. Princess Daisy (Super Mario)
2. Decidueye (Pokemon)
3. Springman/Ribbon Girl (ARMS)
4. Dixie Kong (DK Country)
5. Ashley (Warioware)
6. Ridley (Metroid)
7. Callie/Marie (Splatoon)
8. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
9. Rex & Pyra/Mythra (Xenoblade 2)
10. Pauline (Super Mario Odyssey)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
10. Octoling. Could be a unique clone, better then the Smash 4 ones, at least

9. Fawful. The games that are his source are a pleasure sandwich, and he has many attacks that make his foes have fury

8.Grovyle. I love PMD and he could be unique

7.Ninten. I've never played his game, but I used to really support him. Not really anymore though

6. Decidueye.One of my favorite Pokémon, plus a unique moveset

5. Arcade Rabbit. Could have a very unique moveset, and represents the 3DS era.

4. Bandana Dee. Not my most wanted Kirby character, but I still really want him

3. Kamek. I'm surprised he isn't more popular. A villain, relevant, a unique gimmick, he checks all the boxes.

2. Maxwell (Scribblenauts). I love the series, and the possibilities are unlimited with him.

1. Marx. I've wanted him since Smash 4, and now that he actually has a shot, I cant do anything but support him as much as I can. He has a lot of moveset potential

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
1. Ashley
2. Mimikyu
3. Eevee
4. Professor Layton
5. Dixie Kong
6. Phoenix Wright
7. Monster Hunger
8. Lip
9. Rayman
10. Isabelle

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My personal top 10?

1. Ridley
2. Lyn
3. Dragonborn
4. Dixie Kong
5. Simon Belmont
6. King K. Rool
7. Mach Rider
8. Isaac
9. Takamaru
10. Lip

I tend to fluctuate on who I really want in terms of top 10, although Ridley's pretty much been a constant for me throughout speculation.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
10. Rex and Pyra

Moveset wise they interest me. XC2 is a great game, please check it out.

9. Decidueye/Mimikyu

My two favorite Gen 7 mons. I can not choose between them. I think both are very likely, but I would be happy with either one. I used both in game and they are great fun to use.

8. Pauline

I liked Odyssey and I feel she is the ideal choice. She is a cool character, and having her use Cappy would be a blast. Also a trailer with Jump Up Super Star would be legendary

7. Sora

I love Kingdom Hearts. I feel that Sora would be a blast to play as. Also getting a stage with songs like Rage Awakened, Darkness of the Unknown, Lord of the Castle, Fate of the Unknown, Destati, and Another Side Another story would be badass.

6. Travis Touchdown

No More Heroes is a nostalgic game for me. I love the humor and the game is just stupid fun. I feel Travis would be a great choice for smash. I am so hype for Travis Strikes Again.

5. Rayman

Playing through Rayman Legends rekindled my love for the limbless wonder. I just love the charm that he has. I would love to just smack people around with limbless hands it would be a blast to play as him.

4. King K Rool

I think everyone knows why K Rool should be in smash. I am just gonna say Kutthroats for life
3. Crash Bandicoot

The N Sane Trilogy was great. Having Crash back into modern relevancy. Having the old Sony mascot go toe to toe with Mario and Sonic would just be so badass.

2. Ridley

I honestly have a lot of faith in Rids. He is simply put IMO the most glaring omission in Smash's roster. He fits so many criteria we need. A villain. A big character. A metroid rep. The thought of playing as a big dragon and wasting fools makes my heat skip.

1. Spyro the Dragon

Okay. Spyro may not be the most likely. He kind of needs Crash to come first. But man, the Reignited Trilogy has made the possibility of Spyro in Smash a possibility. And damn, if I can play as the first character in my first video game, I would die a happy man.

Edits
9. Lycanroc Decidueye Mimikyu

How I forgot my fav gen 7 pokemon. I love dogs and wolves, and an earth bending dog is sick.

8. Takamaru

He feels overdue. Also his game is so fun I have it on gba.

jaco!

Smash Rookie
1. Takamaru
2. Mimikyu
3. Tails
4. Skull Kid
5. Knuckles
6. Marx
7. Midna
8. Spyro
9. Crash
10. Eevee

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
10. Shovel Knight
9. Waluigi
8. Ridley
7. Bomberman
6. Rayman
5. Dixie
4. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Sora
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. King K. RoOl

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
1) King K.Rool

2) Dixie

3) Ridley

4) Medusa

5) Waluigi

7) Krystal

8) Rayman

9) Crash

10) Shadow

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Guess I should update since it's been a long time...

10) Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

9) Lyn (Fire Emblem)

8) Elma (Xenoblade)

7) Mike Jones (Startropics)

6) Bandana Dee (Kirby)

5) Banjo (Banjo & Kazooie)

4) Crash (Crash Bandicoot)

3) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)

2) Isaac (Golden Sun)

1) Andy (Advance Wars)

Outside my Top 3, most characters on the list are interchangeable really.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Alright here I go.

1. Rayman: My favorite game mascot and I low key feel like we deserve him in smash after the whole BS of him getting three trophies in smash 4 with no explanation.

2. King K Rool: the fact that he's still not in smash is crazy!

3. Banjo kazooie: I don't see it happening but would be amazing if it did!

4: Shovel Knight: he's the only indie character deserving to be in smash at all. Great character, unique abilities, just awesome.

5: Waluigi: I'm a wario main so I'd love to see waluigi as well.

6: Decidueye: being both a grass and ghost pokemon he could bring alot to the table.

7: Crash Bandicoot: if he gets in it would probably be dlc but I'd love to have him!

8: Rex and Pyra: the only sword user I'll accept

9: Dixie Kong: I love the dkc series so I'd like to see her in.

10: uhhh I can't think of anyone else so I guess I'll take anyone who isn't Spyro, shantae, Isabella or the rabbids.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
1. Bandana Dee
2. Dillon
3. Decidueye
4. Shantae
5. Captain Toad
6. Ashley
7. Spring Man
8. Monster Hunter
9. Rayman
10. Takamaru

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Anna
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Spring Man
6. Skull Kid
7. FE Switch Lord
8. Pyra & Myrrtha
9. Isabelle
10. Celica

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
how can a character that doesn't exist be one of your most wanted?
Something i've always wondered lol.

How someone can want something with absolutely no information is beyond me.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
how can a character that doesn't exist be one of your most wanted?
Something i've always wondered lol.

How someone can want something with absolutely no information is beyond me.
Anticipation I guess if that makes sense. I really enjoy Fire Emblem and with a large cast I am bound to like someone in the new game and likely the game itself and would want someone to represent the game which would likely be the lord of said game (EX Corrin is not my favorite FE character but I do appreciate how he/she represents and brings attention to Fates, a game a really enjoyed, and also thats the closest I am going to get to represent other characters that I really enjoyed like Felicia, Niles, Sakura, Saizo, etc.). I guess that sounds kind of odd and I do get your point of not even knowing said characters and potential backfire if the cast and game winds up being disappointing but thats just the weird way I look at it.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
10. Mawile - My all-time favorite Pokemon. I know it has no chance whatsoever of getting into Smash, but I love this Pokemon so much it deserves a spot on my top ten. It'd be higher on my list if it was more popular and had a better shot at actually making it.

9. Mimikyu - The Pokemon I want the most out of the likely Pokemon. It was my favorite of the Gen VII Pokemon and super intriguing. I'd love to see what this little guy's moveset would be like.

8. Porky - Thought he'd be awesome since the Brawl days. Such a tragic character and lots of different ways his moveset could go.

7. Rex and Pyra - I don't really know why I latched onto these two. I haven't played XC2, but I just love the idea of them fighting together. It's probably my love of Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt trio talking, but I am very open to another duo fighter.

6. Toad - He was the first Nintendo character I fell in love with, back in '96 playing Mario Kart 64 at my best friend's house. Loved Toad ever since and would love to see him move beyond the shadow of Peach's B move.

5. Waluigi - What? He's funny. One of the few meme characters that I want because I think he'd be a great addition.

4. King. K. Rool - King K. Rool is a strange one. I'm not really a fan of the character, but I am very much a fan of many of the King's fans. Always seen them as comrades in the seemingly endless wait for our favorite characters to be playable.

3. Tharja - By FAR my favorite FE character, Tharja is one of the coolest looking/coolest moveset potential characters in all of FE. I love her personality and she is one FE character I would be delighted to welcome into the Smash fold.

2. Isaac - Isaac is another awesome character that I don't know how he got so high on my list. Just always liked him and the way he looked, not to mention his almost tailor-made for Smash moveset potential.

1. Ridley - My favorite Nintendo character of all-time, Ridley is also my most wanted for Smash. A lifelong obsession with dinosaurs and dragons and space was a perfect storm to Ridley quickly becoming one of my most feared (and beloved) Nintendo characters. I can't think of any video game character in the world I'd rather see in Smash than Ridley, and the day he is playable will be one of the happiest of the video game playing portion of my life.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
10. King K. Rool
9. Bandanna Dee
8. Lyndis
7. Waluigi
6. Ganon
5. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight
3. Cranky Kong
2. Bomberman
1. Rex & Pyra

Honorable mentions:
11. Shantae
12. Ridley
13. Isaac
14. Inceneroar
15. Krystal

After re-evaluating my feelings on who I want in smash I've realized that my feelings have changed a bit about certain characters.

Edit: I somehow forgot about Ganon...

Last edited:

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Midna
4. Krystal
5. Ridley
6. Gengar
7. Mipha
8. Spinal
9. Reptile
10. Galacta Knight

Several of these I just threw in even though there is little to no chance of them being in smash. I would still be happy if they made it in though.

I can't believe almost no one has put Shantae on their list. She deserves to be in Smash far more than most other characters listed here, especially Shovel Knight. She's the protagonist of a long running series that has had every game on a Nintendo console and up until recently exclusively so. All her games have been well received as well. She's a female character (something that there are not many of in Smash, and even less female protagonists), the aesthetics and tone of her games fit perfectly with Smash, she has so much potential for a unique move set, etc.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spinal is a skeleton swordsman from Killer Instinct. I'm pretty sure Reptile is the green ninja-turned-lizardman of Mortal Kombat, though there could be another character named Reptile.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I can't even come up with a top ten if I wanted to. All I have is a top two.

2. Porky Minch
1. Paper Mario

astilpe

Smash Rookie
1.rayman
2. crash
3. waluigi
4. adolescent ridley (cuz the autistic screeching is gettong too loud)
5. chibi robo
6.takamaru
7. geno
8. mach rider
9, isaac
10 banjo

not the ones i particularly want but the ones i see likely
i just want teddy from mother 1 :mad088:

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
1. Sable Prince!
2. Pichu!
3. Midna (Wolf Link optional!)
4. Tiki
5. Kirby rep
6. Sceptile
7. Impa (old lady version)
8. Terra Branford
9. Paper Mario
10. Dixie Kong

Kirby rep is a bit vague but genuinely anything from Kirby is fine and cool for me, I can't really choose one. I don't expect many, if any, but I want these ones, yeah!

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
10. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
- Mostly would like him for the great Chrono Trigger music he could bring. Plus he's a cool character.

9. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- Same thing as Crono. Kingdom Hearts music is great too.

8. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
- Kirby is one of favorite series and I like Waddle Dees. Hopefully, if he makes it in, he doesn't just use a spear, but uses parasol moves, beam moves and other references like that.

7. Dixie Kong --With Kiddy Kong (Donkey Kong)
- Not sure I'm allowed to do this, but would love Dixie to appear with her cousin Kiddy Kong. With a piggyback mechanic like DKTF, but she rides on Kiddy instead. She could also hop off Kiddy and fight on her own, creating a 2-in-1 character again. But just Dixie Kong would be nice too.

6. Dillon
- Haven't played any game from his series, but have seen a couple of footage. From what I've seen, he could be a fun character.

5. Chibi-Robo
- Cute and interesting character that I'd love get more love in Smash.

4. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
- Could make a really crazy and interesting character. Really great game too.

3. Bomberman
- The 3rd party character, that seems to have a good chance, that I'd like to see the most.

2. Banjo & Kazooie
- Grew up with Banjo-Kazooie, so they have special place in my heart.

1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
- The only character that I really want, and he's long overdue in my opinion. Great moveset potential (Would love to see what he could do with his earth or giant hand Psynergy moves). Plus Golden Sun music is great too. It's nice to see the support for this character is still good despite all this time and everything going against him.

Honorable Mentions:
-Paper Mario
-Kaptain K. Rool (King K. Rool, but would want him to have that alt)
-Rayman
-Shantae
-Daisy

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Here’s mine:

1. Lycanroc (Midday and Midnight)
2. Issac
3. Isa Jo
4. Elma
5. Rex and Pyra
6. Ayumi Tachibana
7. Will (Advance Wars: Days of Ruins)
8. Takamaru
9. Sceptile
10. Sora

I wanted to add explanations for these but I don't have the time for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom