• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
10. Chibi-Robo
9. Isaac
8. Travis Touchdown
7. Rex/Pyra
6. Shovel Knight
5. Waluigi
4. Takamaru
3. Ashley
2. King K. Rool
1. Elma

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
10. - Simon Belmont
9. - Rex & Pyra
8. - Porky Minch
7. - Shovel Knight
6. - Kamek
5. - Ridley
4. - Waluigi
3. - Ganon
2. - (regular) Toad
1. - Bandana Waddle Dee

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
10 - Zora Princess Mipha, Legend of Zelda

- I'm looking to play BotW soon so I can't really say much on her personality or moveset potential but she has a trident so that seems like a really unique starting point.
I also really like the new Zora design.

9 - Leon Belmont, Castlevania

- Have only played a bit of Dawn of Sorrow in terms of Castlevania but Leon definitely looks the coolest to me. If they include any music, I'd like Dance of Illusions or Into the Dark Night from DoS.

8 - Takamaru, The Mysterious Murasame Castle

-
A fully fleshed out Iaido moveset would be really cool to see in Smash. Mix in some projectiles and acrobatics and Takamaru could be really unique.

7 - Oboro, Fire Emblem

- My FE pick; she's cool and uses a spear/naginata. Her default outfit also looks amazing, especially the upper body part.
Also she has nice eyes.

6 - Hoonter, Monster Hunter

- I'd love Moga Sweetheart but there's no way she could be in Smash, even with a made-up moveset. Would be pretty weird.
So I'll take a Hunter.
No Rathalos armor, pls. Maybe they could do like a special mechanic for this character whereby you can unlock armor sets and choose which one you want in the character select screen. I think that'd be amazing.
Obviously male and female versions.

5 - Elma, Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Haven't played her game yet, but I really like her design and I'm assuming the blades she uses are the ones that are actually attached to her guns. With that in mind, I think she would be a great addition for a gunslinger/melee hybrid.

4 - Sami, Advance Wars

- Never played Advance Wars, but listening to Bazelgeuse's theme repeatedly has made me want a war-themed character and she seems pretty cool. Also seems like she'd be faster-paced than Snake, so that another plus. Jumping around with her machine-gun and maybe a small knife and hits with her gun for melee attacks.
And she's wearing a headband; +1000 points.

3 - Isaac Lightbrad, Lost Magic

- Isaac is the main character in the DS game Lost Magic. Super underrated game, sold pretty badly and was also my first DS game. There was a Japan-only 'spiritual' sequel for the Wii, but it didn't do that well either.

Anyway, Isaac wields a staff which he uses to cast his spells. In the game, you can stack up to three runes; first rune dictates the kind of spell it is (projectile, AoE, buff etc) and the second while the second rune dictates the element. The the third rune effect is dependant on the spell being cast, so for Smash they could just limit it to two runes.

Probably hard to grasp how this would work in Smash; maybe he could fuse his specials with each other for more effects during their start-up?

2 - Edea Lee, Bravely Default

- My favorite of the Brave protagonists; she's lighthearted and also gets really passionate when she wants to. And when food is involved.
Her star KO could be "MGRGRGR!!!"

1 - White Deer Sveta, Golden Sun

- She is from a race known as the Beastmen, which can be either mutated humans or animals; the mutation was caused by the Golden Sun. Being a Jupiter Adept, she has an affinity for wind and lightning magic, and she is also able to transform into her Beast Form, which grants increased attack and defenses. Her main weapons are claws and knuckles.

She's the first playable GS character that isn't completely human, and is also the only character in her game that is able to equip Umbra gear, which is central to the plot (plus Shadow Canon is cool).
I could imagine her as a speedy fighter with strong, heavy hits; some of her moves would have electric properties and windboxes to emphasize her being a Jupiter Adept.

Vote for Sveta.

Honorable mention to Labrys from Persona; she hasn't been on any Nintendo console so yah. Woulda been my number 2.

Last edited:

TheRantingRobots

Smash Rookie
1. King K Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
2. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars)
3. Peppy (Star Fox)
4. Slippy (Star Fox)
5. Tingle (Legend of Zelda)
6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
7. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
8. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
9. Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
10. Captain Toad (Super Mario)

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Haven't been on Smashboards in a while. Here's my Top 10.

10. Qbby (Boxboy)

9. Excitebiker

8. Tails (Sonic)

7. Tetris

6. Waluigi (Mario Spinoffs)

5. Skull Kid (Zelda)

4. Shovel Knight

3. Decidueye (Pokemon)

2. Isaac (Golden Sun)

1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Not changing a whole lot here, but I feel like I should add reason for my choices, as well as some honorable mentions.

Excitebiker. Every Smash game (aside from the first) has brought back a relatively unknown/unused character from the NES era, and who would be a more unique character than one who is always on a vehicle? And I don't mean Bowser Jr who might as well have just been a robot with all of those gadgets. This is a motorbiker, and you should never mess with a biker.
Qbby. I know it's an odd choice for a character from a small series of digital only 3DS games to be in Smash, but I feel that the people who think an Indie character can get in are more likely to be disappointed than Qbby fans. And he would be fun to experiment with, no doubt.
Tails. At this point, Sonic is as much a Smash Bros mainstay as he is a video game icon, so why not bring along a friend for the next installment? Tails is my favorite Sonic character for several reasons, but if you're going to bring in any character from this franchise, is there even another option? Maybe Knuckles, but he's a meme now, so... maybe not.
Tetris. No, I'm not joking. I would love to see this happen. Every Smash game needs that out of nowhere character that somehow still fits in with the rest of the Smash Bros cast. (Mr Game and Watch, R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, etc.) And what other video game has sold as many units as Tetris? None have. Tetris debuted on Nintendo and still has games released on Nintendo's systems, and is also very iconic, so is a perfect fit for Smash. Again, I am not joking.
Waluigi. Yet another oddball choice above a decently viable Third Party rep. Don't judge me, what other Mario character who is still being featured in games that would fit in Smash hasn't yet appeared? And don't say Toad, because no, there's not enough there to make a fighter out of. Waluigi though? Now we're talking. He's used sports utensiles as weapons, he has official artwork holding a gun, he's a waterbender, and he's Waluigi, so there is no question why he should be a fighter in Smash.
Shovel Knight. I know I dissed indies earlier, but that was on chances of appearing. Shovel Knight will not be in Smash, but if he WAS, I would lose my mind. He's got the moveset potential like crazy, and not only would Yacht Club games love for this to happen, but Nintendo LOVES Shovel Knight. If we see a trailer announcing this guy, be surprised, VERY surprised, but also be excited, because this would be a milestone in indie gaming.
Skull Kid. My all time favorite Zelda character, and a character that was, like Waluigi, unfortunately stuck in the Assist Trophy spot, rather than given the glory of being a full fledged fighter. There are so many Zelda characters who would be very unique fighters in Smash, but who would be more so than the demon who doesn't even move his hands while fighting? If Hyrule Warriors can figure him out, Sakurai shouldn't have any troubles getting him to work as a fighter.
Decidueye. Blah blah blah "we need a grass starter because we already have fire and water." Screw that, I just want Decidueye because he's awesome. Easily my favorite Alolan Pokemon, Decidueye has some very unique potential for Smash, and, Like Greninja, it would help propel him into more popularity inside and outside of the Pokemon fandom, and also... Ghost Archer Tree Owl. That says it all, doesn't it?
Isaac. No, I never finished Golden Sun. But dang, that game is good. And Isaac is an awesome hero. Smash Bros has had Fire users, and Water users, and even Air based fighters... Where's Earthbending representation? Isaac is where. Sure, he uses a sword, which a lot of others do, but he also uses earthquakes, vines, and summons DEMONS to fight for him. I don't remember any other Smash bros fighter who summons demons to fight, do you?
Bandana Dee. Obviously.

Honorable mentions: Chibi Robo, Henry Fleming, Heihachi Mishima, Goku, Breath of the Wild Champions.

Attachments

Yarael-BJ-Poof

Smash Cadet
10. Phoenix Wright
9. Bandana Dee
8. Rex
7. Dark Samus
6. Travis Touchdown
5. Springman/Ribbon Girl
4. Banjo Kazooie
3. Leon Kennedy (I know, that's a stretch)
2. The Champions
1. MY BOI WALUIGI

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So because I like numbers and was bored I went ahead and counted votes up to now. (Not posting results because it could be off or different from how OP is doing it, pretty sure we're counting Toad differently)

Really nothing new, same top 10 just ordered differently. Pretty confident King K Rool, Ridley and Bandanna Dee will remain in the top three for a long time in that respective order.

Bomberman, Banjo Kazooie, and Rex/Pyra are all pretty close, at least according to what I got, OP might say I'm wrong :upsidedown:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
1. Wonder Red
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viridi
4. Spring Man
5. Waluigi
6. Impa
7. Takamaru
8. Lyn
9. Isabelle
10. Doc Louis

UserKev

Smash Champion
1. Wonder Red
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viridi
4. Spring Man
5. Waluigi
6. Impa
7. Takamaru
8. Lyn
9. Isabelle
10. Doc Louis
S** A Doc Louis supporter?! Dude, I have a Doc Louis support thread if your interested.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'll bite. In no particular order:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Ridley
3. Toad / Captain Toad
4. Paper Mario
5. Inkling (I know they're already way confirmed, but they were already in my top ten and I don't feel like changing it!)
6. Isaac
7. Mike Jones
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Rayman
10. Miles "Tails" Prower

Honorable mention for Banjo & Kazooie, as I tried to keep it within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Decidueye
3. Chorus Kids (or any RH rep)
4. Elma
5. Shantae
6. Rex & Pyra
7. Shovel Knight
8. Paper Mario
9. Lyn
10. Ribbon Girl (or any Arms character)

My most wanted used to be Inkling but, uh, yeah.
Gonna make some slight alterations. (specifically the bottom 2)

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Decidueye
3. Chorus Kids
4. Elma
5. Shantae
6. Rex & Pyra
7. Shovel Knight
8. Paper Mario
9. Wonder Red (completely forgot about W101 when I first posted this, I am ashamed.)
10. Bandanna Dee (I've started to fall for this little apple boy.)

Honorable mentions to Celica/Lyn and an Arms rep.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Alright, let's see if I can get ten characters :

10.Son Goku. Because I must put ten characters.

9. Rabbids. While they killed Rayman's franchise for a few years, they grew up on me with the Switch. And since I don't have many wanted characters, I add them here.

8. Revali. Easily my favorite character from BotW.

7. Funky Kong. Cool dude, really, you should drink with him more.

6. Rex. I played Xenoblade 2 and really liked this game. While I find him to be too close from a classic shounen hero, he has fun mechanics.

5. Balloon fighter. One that I don't see mentioned often. His game is simple but fun, the idea is brilliant. This guy himself doesn't have such a deep lore, but I like simple things, and he is iconic enough to deserve a spot.

4. Waluigi. When I play Mario Kart, my first choice. This guy is, simply put, a cheater that wants to make his way to victory no matter what, and (canonicaly), often fails. His intro in Power Tennis made me love him even more, and it's the first game where I feel like he really has a chance.

3. Spyro. I completed all the three first games ony my Playstation. And I'm definitely going to buy the trilogy again. His world was magic and filled of so many colorful characters. Bonus point ; a dragon.

2. Ridley. I didn't play many Metroid games, but those few times were a blast. Ridley is a cool character, not because he has an incredible back-story, just because he is a huge beat, monster, that has just one objective; kill Samus. Sometimes the most simple concept is the best. A flying lizard that fires plasma. Also the fact that he is highly requested.

1. Rayman (yeah I like purple), I like this guy too much. I remember loving Rayman 3, and being disappointed that Rayman 4 never happened and was instead replaced by this Rabbids game.

Soem choices come from recent games, and while I doubt I'll get any of them (except Rayman and maybe Rex + Waluigi), I still wanted to share my list.

Last edited:

Alpswat

Smash Cadet
1. Elma
2. Impa
3. Amaterasu
4. Rex & Pyra
5. Alm / Celica
6. Crash
7. Heihachi
8. Rodin
9. Takamaru
10. Spring Man (or some ARMS character)

Spatman

Smash Ace
10 Sami (with Andy as alt skin)
9 K Rool
8 Isaac
7 Ridley
6 Excitebiker
5 Kat & Ana
4 Zelda (a lot reworked, based upon BotW version)
3 Zeraora
2 Chorus Men
1 Dixie Kong

-in my mind, Chorus Men's moveset is the best of all. You basically control one Chorus Man, but every attack you do you can "repeat" it: if you do, the second Chorus Man appears to do that attack, and then you can repeat it again performed by the third Chorus Man. Of course it's all based in the right rhytm (every attack has a different one) : if you hit the right beat, your attack will have enough damage, hitstun, range and the right knockback to do the second (and eventually the third) attack in combo. But if you don't hit the right rhytm, you will be open to a punish by the other player (because the hitlag of the attack is still the same).
The first attack does always low damage, the second one more, the third one the most. But in some cases for some comboes it's more useful to stop at the second attack or even at the first one, in order to chaining another attack that can bring to its own chain of multiple attacks.
Since to do the second and the third version of the attack you're performing you have to press again the button (A or B, not the directional input), generally you can't chain an upair to a nair (unless you wait the faf of the attack you're performing, as for all other characters in the game).
Yes, specials are multiple too. Even the upB!

-Kat & Ana is a a double character but no one is controlled by A.I.: you control one of the two, pressing neutral B your control goes to the other one of the two. If one of the two dies, both dies and you lose your stock. Neutral B is immediate and their moves are really fast, granting to do some sick comboes. In exchange, of course, every their move does very low damage

-Sami should use a combination of physical attacks and summoning army units attacks. Since in AW some units are something like antiaircraft that really fit the concept of trap, she is also a trap user

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Did some catching up...

First of all a few small changes to my list...

10-Lara Croft
9-Tifa Lockhart
8-Weavile
7-Impa
6-Min Min
5-Elma
4-Crash Bandicoot
3-Ridley
2-Dark Samus
1-Midna

Been getting more and more excited for Elma as a playable fighter, so she's bumped Weavile down a bit...

Me everytime someone puts Midna and/or Dark Samus on their Top 10 list...

----

Anyways...here's the updated list...as of 1:49 pm est 1/04/18

10 - Rex & Pyra/Mythra - 52***
9 - Shovel Knight - 53**
8 - Crash Bandicoot - 65*x6

7 - Isaac - 67****
6 - Decidueye - 68**
5 - Dixie Kong - 68*****
4 - Waluigi - 79*****
3 - Bandanna Dee - 93*x10

2 - Ridley - 129*x12
1 - King K Rool - 160*x20

Everything's pretty much the same except that Rex & Pyra/Mythra have bumped Captain Toad off of the Top 10...

Meanwhile...these are the current runner-ups who sit comfortably over 40 points apiece...
Captain Toad 50****
Bomberman 46 ***
Banjo & Kazooie 45**
Spring Man 44

Note: Captain Toad and Toad are being counted separately...Vanilla Toad has 15 points so far if people are curious...

There's a few others just under 40, that I'll mention as well...
Elma - 38****
Krystal - 37*****
Paper Mario - 37***
Geno - 35*****

Xenoblade characters have gotten a lot of votes lately with Elma gettting a fair amount of support and of course with Rex pulling into the current Top 10...

----

A few notes...
I also want to remind people that if you are changing your Top 10 to please quote your original so that I can easily compare the changes made if any...

And try to refrain from posting just videos since it takes a bit of time for me to tally everyone's votes so I don't want to spend so much time watching a bunch of videos to see who's in your list...

Also another note, if anyone posts a list "in no particular order" each character will only get one point each...clearly you don't prefer one character over another and I'm not going to guess who is more desired...even if they are numbered they'll get just one point each since you specified in no particular order...

Also you don't necessarily need to put full lists either...if you have just one and only one character you want then that's all you can put if you want...but I'll only go as high as ten, so posting a Top 50 is unnecessary...

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Did some catching up...

First of all a few small changes to my list...

10-Lara Croft
9-Tifa Lockhart
8-Weavile
7-Impa
6-Min Min
5-Elma
4-Crash Bandicoot
3-Ridley
2-Dark Samus
1-Midna

Been getting more and more excited for Elma as a playable fighter, so she's bumped Weavile down a bit...

Me everytime someone puts Midna and/or Dark Samus on their Top 10 list...

----

Anyways...here's the updated list...as of 1:49 pm est 1/04/18

10 - Rex & Pyra/Mythra - 52***
9 - Shovel Knight - 53**
8 - Crash Bandicoot - 65*x6

7 - Isaac - 67****
6 - Decidueye - 68**
5 - Dixie Kong - 68*****
4 - Waluigi - 79*****
3 - Bandanna Dee - 93*x10

2 - Ridley - 129*x12
1 - King K Rool - 160*x20

Everything's pretty much the same except that Rex & Pyra/Mythra have bumped Captain Toad off of the Top 10...

Meanwhile...these are the current runner-ups who sit comfortably over 40 points apiece...
Captain Toad 50****
Bomberman 46 ***
Banjo & Kazooie 45**
Spring Man 44

Note: Captain Toad and Toad are being counted separately...Vanilla Toad has 15 points so far if people are curious...

There's a few others just under 40, that I'll mention as well...
Elma - 38****
Krystal - 37*****
Paper Mario - 37***
Geno - 35*****

Xenoblade characters have gotten a lot of votes lately with Elma gettting a fair amount of support and of course with Rex pulling into the current Top 10...

----

A few notes...
I also want to remind people that if you are editing your Top 10 to please quote your original so that I can easily compare the changes made if any...

And try to refrain from posting just videos since it takes a bit of time for me to tally everyone's votes so I don't want to spend so much time watching a bunch of videos to see who's in your list...

Also another note, if anyone posts a list "in no particular order" each character will only get one point each...clearly you don't prefer one character over another and I'm not going to guess who is more desired...even if they are numbered they'll get just one point each since you specified in no particular order...

Also you don't necessarily need to put full lists either...if you have just one and only one character you want then that's all you can put if you want...but I'll only go as high as ten, so posting a Top 50 is unnecessary...
So I wasn't too far off!

Question on why you are counting Captain Toad that way, I saw you mention that you counted things like Midna and Wolf Link together since people assume they would be together, but why not count vanilla toads toward Captain Toad? (Except for the few who were adamant for Toad and not the Captain). Just curious anyway, really glad the amount of support Ridley is getting!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I wasn't too far off!

Question on why you are counting Captain Toad that way, I saw you mention that you counted things like Midna and Wolf Link together since people assume they would be together, but why not count vanilla toads toward Captain Toad? (Except for the few who were adamant for Toad and not the Captain). Just curious anyway, really glad the amount of support Ridley is getting!
Well at least from my stand-point...

Regular Toad as a Smash fighter could work sort of similar to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings where he can refeerence different toads in the series including Captain Toad and Toadette, etc...and his moveset could also reflect this using bits and pieces of everything Toad has used from the past as well as maybe referencing Treasure Tracker...Toad would then be just a 'generic' or 'composite' character of all Toads...like how Zelda works as a composite of all Zeldas and not really meant to be a specific incarnation of just one Zelda (she's got TP's designs with attacks from OoT and Spirit Tracks for example and references other Zelda incarnations with her alts)...

Captain Toad on the other hand is one specific Toad as a character that people are asking for due to his appearances in Treasure Tracker (as well as side appearances from Galaxy and Odyssey) and the potential he could draw from those games...

For the example of Midna, she is still the same character whether she's with Wolf Link or not...This is also the same for Rex as some people just voted for Rex on his own and some even voted for just Pyra and/or Mythra...even though they could all be used together as one playable fighter similarly to Wolf Link & Midna...

With that said I feel a lot of the support Captain Toad's been getting is likely due to people just wanting Toad and since Captain Toad isn't generic he could make up for it...so it's more of a discretionary thing on my part...

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I made changes to my list, but not in a way that effects the point total. Should I still go back and un-edit it, quote it and post the revised list?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Similar to the above, if one edits their original post, do they need to alert you? Do you go through from the beginning every time you recount the votes?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I made changes to my list, but not in a way that effects the point total. Should I still go back and un-edit it, quote it and post the revised list?
If it wouldn't effect the points then its generally fine...however if you just say you changed your list I wouldn't know if there are or aren't changes unless you specify that there's no changes...

It changes all the time but I guess I can throw one in.

Honorable Mention- Squall (FF8)
FF8 is one of my favorite games of all time and Squall is probably my favorite video game cahracter. Not to mention I love his weapon. But damn does he have no shot.

10. Edea Lee
9. Sora
8. Incineroar
7. Wonder Red
6. Captain Toad
5. Nia, Elma, Morag. . . they're all about even. I guess i'll say Elma for the chance of voting since she is the only one who with some kind of chance.
4. Crash
3. Dixie
2. Ridley
1. Viridi

I would do a write up for each. . .but other than like 3 cases it's "favorite character from one of my favorite games."

I don't have very high hopes for this list but I try to keep an open mind.
:061:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Similar to the above, if one edits their original post, do they need to alert you? Do you go through from the beginning every time you recount the votes?
There's no need to specifically alert me...I add a like to every post I've counted so I know where to start off again so if you change it later on I'll see it as I go...

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There's no need to specifically alert me...I add a like to every post I've counted so I know where to start off again so if you change it later on I'll see it as I go...
I'm still not sure what you mean. If I were to go back and edit the post I made pages ago, would you take that into account without a new post letting you know it was changed?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm still not sure what you mean. If I were to go back and edit the post I made pages ago, would you take that into account without a new post letting you know it was changed?
Well I meant if you made a new post and just posted your new list as is without quoting your original post for comparison...

If you just went back and edited I wouldn't even know about...even if you tagged me I won't get a notification of the changes made...

Edit:ya sorry misread your first post...but as I said make a new post preferably quoting your original post for comparison if you're making changes...
I won't be going through every single post to see if changes are made and even then I may not even notice...

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
1) Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X
- For sure my most wanted character, I loved X and I love Elma, she'd literally make the perfect smash fighter, her dual guns and dual swords combo allowing her to have an extremely unique moveset and dozens of arts and animations that could be directly recreated, plus more fast sword users would be nice since the only one we have is marth (and his clones I guess). X may seem not so relevant right now but when the game was likely being planned it wouldn't have been so it's probably fine and I wouldn't be shocked if an X sequel was on the way. Plus a Skell as a final smash would be literally the coolest thing ever.

2) Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country
A very deserving character with a long legacy, relevance and the uniqueness to build a moveset off of. Dixie would make an amazing character, being a fighter than would excel in the air whilst having a lot of range thanks to her hair but still a speedster.

3) Ridley from Metroid
He's the main villain of the Metroid series and he deserves to be in, the too big argument has been going against him for a while but if fan mods can successfully scale him down surely Sakurai and his team could do the same. Plus we need more villains and heavyweights.

4) Impa from Zelda
She has an established place in the Zelda series and is one of few reoccuring characters, her lack of appearance in BOTW may hurt her (well she does appear but she's old so idk) but I'm sure the BOTW team could create a new design for her ala Sheik in Brawl. And having her use all the sheikah weaponry in BOTW would be dope.

5) Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
A character I've wanted for so long, she's an icon of gaming, Tomb Raider is one of the best selling game franchises ever at 58 million (For comparison Zelda is at 82.6m and sonic at 87.8m according to wikipedia). She'd make a dope character, the guns could prove an issue but Bayonetta doesn't have an issue (though he's are less realistic but it could work).

6) Rayman
Another character I've wanted for a long time and another iconic character who's spot would be well deserved (his series has sold 26m, for comparison Mega Man is at 32m). Would make a dope fighter and with ubisoft and nintendo's good relationship I could see it happening.

7) Crash Bandicoot
Another iconic character and series (56m btw) I only got properly introduced to the series with the N-Sane trilogy but I already love it and can't wait to see where the series goes next. He'd probably be a fairly standard and generic character but seeing him fight characters like Mario and Sonic would be worth it.

8) Mipha and/or Daruk
If they wanted to add BOTW characters these would be the best choices imo, the could make unique characters with Mipha wielding a spear and water magic while Daruk would be a large heavyweight sword user, the closest we have to that is Ike. Plus the Zora's and the Goron's are staples to the Zelda series and would be cool to see represented.

9) Isabelle
She's cute and I love her, that's pretty much it.

10) Paper Mario
Just needed to fill the last slot tbh, plus he deserves.

Last edited:

Luigi player

Smash Master
Alright.. I guess I'll finally think about my top 10 (avoided posting in this thread because it's really hard for me to come up with my 10 most wanted characters..).

1. Knuckles

He's my favorite video game character along with Sonic, but even cooler. He fits well into a fighting game and Smash's mechanics imo, and could use a lot of cool stuff. He'd be my dream-char, but I'm not too hopeful since he isn't 1st party and Tails is more well-known as Sonics 2nd character. It's not impossible, but I'm not going to hold my breath on him. Still, he's my #1 wish Smash character.

2. King K. Rool

The DK franchise is too underrepped. And not just a little bit. K. Rool has been missing for too long now (even in DK games), and he's a really cool, evil and crazy villain with many possible moveset ideas from all his different appearances. But tbh, I'd be fine with just the crown-toss and everything else being "normal" - just put him in the game!!

3. Dixie Kong

Like I said above, DK needs more reps! Dixie more than deserves to get a spot on the Smash roster, she already did in Brawl.
Her hair could and should make for interesting move choices and it makes me a little mad when people think of her as a Diddy-clone, even though she could use a few similar moves here and there, but she doesn't have to. I really want to see her using her hair for grabs, maybe multijabs and most importantly her whirl (to glide). Her dashattack can also be straight from the DKC games. I've seen cool movesets for her as well with interesting ideas. She'd be a great character to add to Smash.

4. Waluigi

I was hoping for him to get into Brawl as well, though not as much as my top 3. He's the 4th "brother" of the Marios and would complete the quartett. It would just be really cool to have Mario+Luigi vs Wario+Waluigi or just generally all 4 of them fighting. Waluigi is a pretty cool, villainy guy that I grew to like a lot when he first appeared in Mario Tennis 64, a game I have very fond memories of. Such great cutscenes and emotion from Waluigi.

I had already thought about my top 4 before and it was pretty easy, since I've been wanting them for Smash since before Brawls release. So now comes the part where I have to think up my next choices..

5. Tails

Kind of a necessity for a Sonic fan to put Tails in as well I guess. He'd be pretty different than Sonic, though. With maybe a somewhat similar downB, but that's it. He'd be nice to have.

6. Shadow

What?! I'm a Sonic fan. Shadow is pretty cool and can be seen as a vaillain for the Sonic series. He could be like a semi-clone for Sonic. If you think about it clones are actually a pretty interesting concept, even if they share most of their moves. Similar characters with different attributes make for more interesting interactions/ways to play etc. He should have a few own moves (Chaos Spear instead of homing attack? And only downB spindash, give him maybe his teleport from Sonic Battle as a sideB, with a possible hitbox. This would be pretty similar to Fox I guess, but oh well).

7. Kabutops

I guess a pretty rare Pokemon to see on a Smash-wishlist. When I think of a cool Pokemon to join Smash I often think of Scizor (I remember seeing a Melee trailer and thought the Scizor from the Pokeball was actually a fighter, lol. And since then I always thought of Scizor being a really cool choice). But then.. do I really like Scizor? I do, but I like Scyther more. And who do I like even more than Scyther, who is kinda similar with his sickles? Kabutops. With a lot of slashes and also Water and Rock attacks he could have pretty cool and amazing-looking moves.

8. Lanky Kong

I guess you could say I got convinced for this one by a friend. He'd represent DK 64, which was one of my favorite games, so why not? He could have pretty interesting moves just by using all of his things from DK 64. The long arms would also be an interesting mechanic/design. Maybe be able to choose how far you want to extend them by keep holding a button etc. Would give him more range but more lag at the end or something (for grab/jabs and smashes only maybe).

9. Deoxys

I kind of started to like the idea of Deoxys since Brawl-speculation. The thought of being able to transform into one of 4 forms would make battles really exciting. He should be able to transform rather quickly, with just a little bit of lag (but no invincibility, if you hit him in his startup he can't change forms). His forms would kinda switch up his attributes and playstyle, which would be "balanced", "defensive (heavy and slower)", "speedy (weak)" and "offensive (strong but very frail)". It just sounds super fun and tactical. I guess you could somewhat compare it to Shulk, but to be honest I'd probably switch up even his moves a bit for his different forms, and make everything feel more "natural" instead of just "enhenced jump/floatiness etc", which Shulks Monado modes feel and look like to me.

10. ... Funky Kong?

I'm kinda running out of things to decide for. I still want characters in the game, but which one over which? It's too difficult to decide! But I guess I'd take Funky Kong.. I liked playing him in Mario Kart Wii... I started liking his voices and found them pretty amusing. Now that he'll be added as a new character in Tropical Freeze for the Switch it kinda pushes him again. Still funny voices (even though some nice ones from MKWii are missing xD), and well.. I did like him, in DK 64 as well. He wouldn't have to be limited to a surfboard. He could have some arms to rep DK 64 and maybe some other stuff (he's also known for his plane and boats, but dunno, I think the plane would be weird as an upB, so maybe he could use that as a Final Smash or something).
Still, the biggest reason he's on this list as #10 is (besides being a DK char) his voice.

Other characters that didn't make top 10:
Of course there are many other characters I'd like too see, like Bomberman (I actually wrote a little about him at first and wanted him in my top 10, but the lack of moveset potential put him here), Toad, Krystal, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Banjo&Kazooie (imo lost their personalities when even many RARE developers left RARE and made their new own stuff with Yooka Laylee, otherwise they might've been #5), Ridley, Slippy, Shantae, Lyn and probably Decidueye (since he's a more realistic choice and would imo be the best rep for Gen 7), but I think I'd like my top 10 more than them.

To be honest I'm almost satisfied with my character-needs for Smash. Since Sonic, Mewtwo and Diddy are in Smash4 I was very happy (Mewtwo was super important to me).
Only the top 4 of my top 10 are what I truly need/wish for, with the rest of top 10 and the others as nice additional characters to play around with, but not needed.
Any of the top 4 joining would make me pretty happy. If those were in the game, I'd probably not really have a true wishlist anymore, since everything else would just be "nice", but all my faves would be in the game already, so I'd be happy either way.

Summary (if you really want to read more lol):
DK needs at least Dixie and K. Rool (I'd be really happy with even just one of them in the next game, but both of them would make the series feel more complete and it would really deserve it).
Other than that DK doesn't need anyone else imo (use stages/assist trophies/items for more DK stuff). Of course Lanky and Funky could be nice additions as well, but like I said.. not really needed for me.
Besides those I really want Knuckles and Waluigi.
I guess you could make a case for Tails, since Sonic & Knuckles without Tails could feel a bit... lacking, but eh.. he's just a little more important than Lanky and Funky.
Shadow would just be fun as an additional Sonic character to have in the game, but not needed.
Kabutops and Deoxys could be fun as playstyles. But I don't even like Deoxys that much as a Pokemon, so I don't care that much. Kabutops I do like, but since Mewtwo's in the game (just stay there!!) my Pokemon-needs are pretty much covered. ^^

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
10. Marshall
9. Lana
8. Gooey
7. Zoaroark
6. Andy
5. Wonder-Red
4. Bomberman
3. Takumi
2. Dillon
1. Phoenix Wright
Original List sucks a bit

10. Lana
9. Dillon
8. Marshall
7. Doom Guy
6. Excitebiker
5. Wonder-Red
4. Takumi
3. Rayman
2. Gooey
1. Phoenix Wright

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
10) Krystal
9) Chibi Robo
8)Saki/Isa (from Sin & Punishment)
7) Poochy
6) Donkey Kong Jr.
5) Takamaru
4) Isaac/Matthew
3) Bandana Dee
2) Ridley
1) Zoroark
Quick update:

10) Timber the Tiger -> I want DKR 2
9) Donkey Kong Jr.
8) Takamaru
7) Zoroark
6) Ray MK (Custom Robo)
5) Alice/Balloon Fighter -> Best retro choice
4) Ridley
3) Bandana Dee
2) Elma -> XCX is one of my fave games
1) Isaac/Matthew -> Golden Sun needs to get a rep!

Getting any of them would hype me up as hell.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
10. Doomguy (DOOM)
9. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
8. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
7. Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
6. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
5. Isaac (Golden Sun)
4. Wonder Red (the Wonderful 101)
3. Rayman (Rayman)
2. Ridley (Metroid)
1. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

Most of them are due to enjoying their original game or feeling that they would fit well in Smash, though in the case of my top two, I feel like they are long overdue for Smash Bros. for a variety of reasons.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
10. Mona (Warioware)
9. Snorlax (Pokemon)
8. Ridley (Metroid)
7. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
6. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
5. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
4. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
3. Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
2. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
1. Paper Mario (Mario)

A lot of personal bias here, which is why I want these characters.

10. Mona would be my first choice to a second Warioware character, however, Captain Syrup would make a great Wario Land rep. Which, is the side of Wario that I prefer anyway. I do not have any personal ties with Captain Syrup however.

9. I'd love to see this Pokemon appear as a playable character. Scizor is a close second in terms of Pokemon newcomers.

8. I actually don't have much to say for Ridley. I'd like to see him, but I don't really care if he gets in or not.

7. I prefer Tom Nook over Isabelle. Simply put, I like his character more.

6. I'd like to see a villain from Kid Icarus, and Medusa seems cool.

5. Probably one of my favorite N64 games. Banjo & Kazooie would fit well with the cast and have great moveset potential.

4. I've always liked Waddle Dees, now there's finally a Waddle Dee that actually plays a large role in the Kirby games.

3. Ryu is my favorite character in Smash. Ken could work as an alt costume or a clone character. Since clone characters don't take as much time as a unique character, I'd love to see that in Smash. Akuma would also be pretty cool.

2. I've wanted King K. Rool since Melee. Long over-due honestly.

1. My favorite game series behind Smash. Paper Mario has a lot going for him to be a unique character. I'm not going to type an essay, but he has many traits that many other potential characters don't have.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
  1. Isabelle
  2. Decidueye
  3. Skull Kid
  4. Rhythm Heaven Character
  5. Lloyd Irving
  6. Medusa
  7. Ghirahim
  8. Reworked Ganondorf
  9. Twintelle
  10. Paper Mario

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
1. Isaac

2. Pig Ganon

3. Agumon

4. Goemon

5. Banjo Kazooie

6. Bomberman

7. Paper Mario

8. Ridley

9. King K Rool

10. Midna/Skull Kid

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
  1. Rex & Pyra
  2. Mimikyu
  3. Bandana Waddle Dee
  4. Waluigi
  5. Elma
  6. Dusk Lycanroc
  7. Hades
  8. Yarn Yoshi
  9. Ridley
  10. Monster Hunter

DDDSan43

Smash Rookie
1. Elma (From Xenoblade Chronicles X)
2. Doom Guy (DOOM)
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Impa (The legend of Zelda)
5. Rex/Pyra
6. Monster Hunter
7. Shovel Knight
8. Rayman

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Only newcomers right? I'm sure I'll forget someone, but I like all these characters so why not?

1. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy) He does more than just spin dammit!
  2. Rayman (Rayman) He has great hair, and doesn't need limbs to kick ass. How could you not want him in?
  3. Ridley (Metroid) No, you're too big
  4. Bomberman (Bomberman) Fun games, cool design, pretty significant history with Nintendo, please Sakurai
  5. K.Rool (Donkey Kong Country) Gold stomach or riot
  6. Ray 01 (Custom Robo) I just want Ray, but this one is the specific one I'd prefer
  7. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) Pimps are under-repped in Smash imho
  8. Isaac (Golden Sun) Too much moveset potential to be ignored
  9. Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo) So hot right now
  10. Saki (Sin and Punishment) Wanted him ever since I saw that AT (reverse Starfy effect) I know he's not likely, but he just seems like the perfect fit.

Top Bottom