• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
10. Calista from the Last Story
9. Tap Trial Girl from Rhythm Heaven series
8. Starfy
7. Arle Najda from Puyo Puyo series
6. Agnes Oblige from Bravely series
5. Marina Liteyear from Mischief Makers
4. Bandana Dee
3. Mallo from Pushmo Series
2. Style Savvy Rep
1. Chibi-Robo

Honorable Mentions: Jill Dozer from Drill Dozer, Andy from Advance Wars series, Marx and Gooey from Kirby series, Agumon from Digimon, Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes series

Last edited:

chemo

Smash Apprentice
10 - Excitebiker
9 - Saki Amamiya
8 - Rex & Pyra
7 - Black Shadow
6 - Waluigi
5 - Bandana Dee
4 - King K. Rool
3 - Ridley
2 - Banjo & Kazooie
1 - Doomguy/Doom Slayer

D

Deleted member

I really would like to see Crash Bandicoot in the Smash 5. He would fit perfectly in this game. I can imagine him having that floating tiki thing (forgot its name, don't judge me) as his right hand man ( like Rosalina's Star Luma) and maybe as a defense against projectiles. His spin move would make a b (Maybe like Zelda 's Nayru's love?) Idk, just seems like he would fit well in sm5sh. Also, it would be cool to have Dr. Eggman in the roster as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
10) ARMS character of some sort. Honestly, my preference would be a Bowser Jr-situation where the alternate costumes are just all the characters from ARMS. They have some slight differences in gameplay but honestly they aren't so enormous that they couldn't do this, I don't think.

9) Chibi-Robo. I loved the Gamecube game a lot. I also feel like Zip Lash was specifically made to create concepts for a Smash-Bros moveset, rather than him coming into the game out of nowhere with his Simon Belmont plug action with no reference to that. If Zip Lash turns out to have been made for that purpose, just like Punch Out Wii was, it will have redeemed itself. But he'd still have to pull from the GCN title in some ways. Please.

8) New FE-Switch character. The only reason this is so low is because we don't know anything about the game yet. I really want a new unique FE character, of a uniqueness level of Robin and Corrin, who I think are the true representatives of what a FE character in Smash Bros can be. I think people see Marth, Roy, Ike and Lucina and think the series just doesn't have a lot of options but it just aint so. Gimme an axe, lance, wyvern/pegasus, bow, shuriken, whatever character. There are so many options here. I guess we'll have to wait and see when it comes. Honestly, pre-Corrin's announcement, I had really thought that a Fates DLC character would have been Azura. Lance-based with singing and water magic and all that? She'd be great. Just like she's great in FE Warriors DLC. Gimme that uniqueness fam. And please don't get rid of Roy again. Keep him exactly as he is in Smash 4, it's perfect. And you'll notice I don't mention Echoes. I'd rather just forget Shadows of Valentia. Alm would be... okay... just because getting Kyle McCarley in Smash would be great. But he wouldn't be very unique. And I thoroughly dislike Celica

7) Crash Bandicoot. I feel it in my bones. I think it's gonna happen. Especially now that N Sane trilogy is confirmed for Switch.

6) Masked Link. I know, another Link? I wouldn't mind it if it was this one. I always loved the transforming characters and I'm hoping they return in Smash 5. A Link that changes between his three Majora's Mask main forms and with a Fierce Deity final smash just writes itself.

5) Kamek. I think there's plenty of room for a second Yoshi representative. I also think that a slow, almost purely ranged character with flight and teleport capabilities sounds both unique and insane.

4) King Boo. The underdog of my roster, I think. I'd like to see him for a lot of reasons, and I even made a thread for him on here.

3) Paper Mario. If his moves were based on an amalgamation of his games (Yes, including stickers and paint), that would be best. Give me partner-based specials, Thing-based Final smashes,and lots of glorious oddness.

2) Shovel Knight. I love this game so much, you guys. His moveset has basically unlimited potential just from his one game. I'd also demand Order of No Quarter Assist trophies... Ahhhhhhhhh please

1) Dixie Kong! I love this character and feels like she has a ton of potential. I get legitimately mad when people say things like "oh she'd be a clone" or whatever, because Sakurai would have to be feeling particularly lazy to make her a clone. She could be amazing.
So, I'm part of a youtube let's play channel and we did an episode about who we'd like to see in Smash Switch. Honestly, some of my choices changed from this post, but there were also some different rules and shenanigans, but hell if you're interested check it out fam

StormC

Smash Hero
Probably doesn't matter for rankings but I'm gonna change this up a bit:

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye
4. Dixie Kong
5. Ganon
6. Bandana Dee
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Zero
9. Bomberman
10. Lip
Another slight update. Hooray!

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye
4. Dixie Kong
5. Bandana Dee
6. Ganon
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Kamek
9. Bomberman
10. Lip

Sorry Zero, better luck next time. Also gave Bandana Dee a bit of a bump.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
10. Decidueye

Interesting character with an interesting moveset potential. Would complete the trio of water, fire and grass starters in smash too which would be pretty neat. I would be happy if another interesting pokemon rep or a new generation 8 pokemon made it in instead though.

9. FE Switch rep

I know we have more than enough FE representation in smash already but I'm sure the next console Fire Emblem game is gonna rock (making the first return to console since Path of Radiance/ Radiant Dawn – 2 of my favourite games) and hence deserves representation. Like Robin, the newcomer can be original and bring some new gameplay aspects to the table hopefully. (If there's really nobody interesting in the new FE then either Anna or Micaiah would be my pick but hopefully there will be)

8. Ridley

Metroid like Zelda, needs more love in smash. Ridley's really overdue in Smash bros. Alternatively, I'd be more than happy if Ridley returns as a boss character (not a stage Hazard) and a METROID PRIME 4 rep gets in instead, although this seems unlikely if Metroid prime 4 doesn't come out this year.

7. Labo-man

Very interested to see what Sakurai and his team could do with the move-set of a character who would be very relevant to Nintendo’s ongoing project. Giant Robot making a cameo would definitely be welcome too!

6. Springman/ Ribbongirl (alt-costumes):

An arms rep seems very likely considering it's a relatively new Ninty IP and an appearance in smash would be perfect for more exposure. Moveset could incorporate stuff from all the ARMs cast not just the one character and I think it’d be quite an interesting and very relevant character to bring to smash.

5. Crash Bandicoot

A massive 3rd party character who would be a perfect fit for smash alongside the other iconic 3rd party characters currently in Smash. Plenty of moveset potential too

4. Paper Mario

Paper Mario is a huge spin-off series and deserves some representation in smash bros. Would definitely not be a generic Mario clone and has plenty of moveset potential with plenty of games to pull moves from (although personally, I’m hoping for most of them to come from TTYD – I’m only slightly biased…). Would obviously be a paper light character but with quick moves and an excellent recovery, could still be quite a threat.

3. Ganondorf (not Falcondorf)

Like seriously, the lack of love for Zelda characters since melee is one of the worst parts of the smash

Series in my opinion. Ganondorf has SO much potential for a unique moveset. Personally, I'd like him to have aspects of both his OoT and TP attacks merged with aspects of the current smash 4 ganondorf moveset. He can keep the same general playstyle of being a strong slow character who can deal heavy punishes if he reads your attacks. Sakurai needs to take some notes from project m’s visions of ganondorf.

He could also use both his physical, sword and magic attacks and if you mixed all of this intoone character then the end result could be one of the most interesting characters in the game.

2. Sans

This guy may just about fit the bill, seen as he is coming to the switch... eventually.

Now that Undertale's coming to switch, I know at first glance a rep seems unlikely and might annoy some people but I think Sans fits Sakurai's Smash criteria for a number of reasons;
His troll-like personality suits Sakurai like a tee
Sakurai's played the game so clearly it has his attention.
3rd party character with a large fanbase that could be brought to smash
Lots of potential for a unique moveset - I'm sure Sakurai could find away to incorporate Undertale's gameplay style into a smash character. He could even partner up with Papyrus if that would be a better fit.

Characters like Undyne, Asgore, Asriel and Metatton could fit into smash too but Sans is the most iconic and I think those characters would be a better fit in an Undertale stage as optional stage hazards with a skele-ton of Undertale music to go with it. All of this is very unlikely considering all the other 3rd party options, but a man can dream…

1. Impa

As I said, Zelda needs more Smash bros love and Impa is one of the coolest recurring characters in the series and remains relevant making her the perfect character to add. Her design could be drawn from Skyward Sword/ Hyrule Warriors. As a Sheikah, her gameplay could draw some aspects of gameplay from the Yiga and a certain monk in BotW and also draw aspects of her naginata gameplay from Hyrule Warriors. We already have enough characters wielding large swords but a naginata would be a completely new weapon to bring to smash bros (Bandana dee uses a spear not naginata and would not be as interesting a character as Impa could be imo). She would bring even more Breath of the Wild representation, which as game of the year, is well-deserved. Sure, she may only appear as an old-lady in the game itself but she could be set as the Impa from before calamity ganon and her moveset can still pay tribute to BotW.

For some Yiga-inspired moves, check out this article (no credit to myself for these sources obviously): https://sourcegaming.info/2018/01/30/dream-smasher-impa/

However, I think not utilising her Hyrule Warriors naginata moveset would be a massive opportunity lost. Particularly, using some of her moves such as her entry cutscene in Hyrule Warriors as her neutral-a ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWTYcFgHZo – 1:22 - again no credits to myself for this). Some of her other moves from Hyrule Warriors would also be so cool to see in Smash such as when she throws her spinning naginata forward and then another move when she throws it to the ground and uses it as a pole to kick from (1:47). Overall a cool, relevant and interesting character with great move-set potential, makes Impa my clear top vote!

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
9. FE Switch rep

I know we have more than enough FE representation in smash already but I'm sure the next console Fire Emblem game is gonna rock (making the first return to console since Path of Radiance/ Radiant Dawn – 2 of my favourite games) and hence deserves representation. Like Robin, the newcomer can be original and bring some new gameplay aspects to the table hopefully. (If there's really nobody interesting in the new FE then either Anna or Micaiah would be my pick but hopefully there will be)
1. Impa

As I said, Zelda needs more Smash bros love and Impa is one of the coolest recurring characters in the series and remains relevant making her the perfect character to add. Her design could be drawn from Skyward Sword/ Hyrule Warriors. As a Sheikah, her gameplay could draw some aspects of gameplay from the Yiga and a certain monk in BotW and also draw aspects of her naginata gameplay from Hyrule Warriors. We already have enough characters wielding large swords but a naginata would be a completely new weapon to bring to smash bros (Bandana dee uses a spear not naginata and would not be as interesting a character as Impa could be imo). She would bring even more Breath of the Wild representation, which as game of the year, is well-deserved. Sure, she may only appear as an old-lady in the game itself but she could be set as the Impa from before calamity ganon and her moveset can still pay tribute to BotW.

For some Yiga-inspired moves, check out this article (no credit to myself for these sources obviously): https://sourcegaming.info/2018/01/30/dream-smasher-impa/

However, I think not utilising her Hyrule Warriors naginata moveset would be a massive opportunity lost. Particularly, using some of her moves such as her entry cutscene in Hyrule Warriors as her neutral-a ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWTYcFgHZo – 1:22 - again no credits to myself for this). Some of her other moves from Hyrule Warriors would also be so cool to see in Smash such as when she throws her spinning naginata forward and then another move when she throws it to the ground and uses it as a pole to kick from (1:47). Overall a cool, relevant and interesting character with great move-set potential, makes Impa my clear top vote!
Having hyphotetic wanted character is quite weird, but well, the recent trend makes completely possible one of the main character ended up stand up as potential character for Smash Bros.

By the way, I appreciate you find value in some older but very unique character choices from Fire Emblem. Specially Micaiah <3

Oh, I need to check the Impa moveset, I hadn't because I always though people just wanted her to represent an actual Sheikah.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Having hyphotetic wanted character is quite weird, but well, the recent trend makes completely possible one of the main character ended up stand up as potential character for Smash Bros.

By the way, I appreciate you find value in some older but very unique character choices from Fire Emblem. Specially Micaiah <3

Oh, I need to check the Impa moveset, I hadn't because I always though people just wanted her to represent an actual Sheikah.

I guess Impa's inclusion from BotW is based on a hypothetical character but as a recurring Zelda character she can take aspects from her other cameos too, specifically Hyrule Warriors which arguably is big enough to warrant representation itself even if it was made by Koei Tecmo.

The Tellius games are my favourite from Fire Emblem and I would be very happy to see Micaiah in the game as she'd definitely be a unique representative (judging from all the movesets from your support thread). Realistically though, considering how old the Tellius games are getting, I'd be happy just for Ike to make a return and if FE switch does provide a unique hero character, it would make more sense for them to be in the game.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Impa's got two interesting weapons they could give her from Hyrule Warriors: the giant blade and the naginata. Both of which actually have elemental properties. She could easily have a unique move set.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
1. Ridley
2. King K Rool
3. Toad
4. Rayman
5. bomberman
6. crash bandicoot
7. Dr. robotnick ( not eggman :p)
8. Decidueye
9. king buu
10. Shanta

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
2 - Edea Lee, Bravely Default

- My favorite of the Brave protagonists; she's lighthearted and also gets really passionate when she wants to. And when food is involved.
Her star KO could be "MGRGRGR!!!"
How did I forget Edea. She'd be really awesome to have however unlikely. In both Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Rayman, Bomberman, Pyra (no Rex; Mythra & "Spoiler Alert" Pneuma will be Alt. Costumes), Takamaru, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Bub & Bob (the dragons from Bubble Booble), prince Tee (Puyo Puyo Tetris) (i like Arle Nadja, is My favorite character, but she's extremely annoying) & the others ones from my Signature.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
10. Impa
9. Dixie Kong
8. Jack Frost
7. Tora & Poppi
6. Mike Jones
5. Saki Amamiya
4. Ridley
3. Captain Toad
2. Skull Kid
1. Waluigi
Decided to do some changes! Mine has had some key changes since then

10. Impa
9. King K. Rool
8. Mike Jones
7. Celica
6. Mimikyu
5. Elma
4. Skull Kid
3. Captain Toad
2. Ridley
1. Waluigi

The cuts (Dixie Kong, Jack Frost, Tora & Poppi and Saki Amamiya) stay as honorable mentions

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
  1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  2. Rayman
  3. Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising)
  4. Chorus men (Rhythm Heaven)
  5. Dr Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  6. Shovel Knight
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Qbby (Boxboy)
  9. Sans (Undertale)
  10. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
1.Takamaru
2.Rayman
3.Geno
4.Princess Daisy
5.Celica
6.Chorus Kids
7.Hades
8.Arle Nadja
9.Bomberman
10.Travis Touchdown

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Well I have two different top 10 characters: first and third party.

Top 10 First-Party Characters
  1. Marx (Kirby)
  2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  3. Qbby (Boxboy)
  4. Starfy (Legendary Starfy)
  5. Andy (Advance Wars)
  6. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
  7. Mike Jones (Startropics)
  8. Takamaru (Marasume Castle)
  9. Waluigi (Mario Spin-offs)
  10. Ninten (Mother)
Top 10 Third-Party Characters
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Lloyd Irving (Tales)
  3. Sinder (Cel Damage)
  4. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  6. Spyro the Dragon
  7. Amaterasu (Okami)
  8. Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  9. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  10. Bomberman

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Well I have two different top 10 characters: first and third party.

Top 10 First-Party Characters
  1. Marx (Kirby)
  2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
  3. Qbby (Boxboy)
  4. Starfy (Legendary Starfy)
  5. Andy (Advance Wars)
  6. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
  7. Mike Jones (Startropics)
  8. Takamaru (Marasume Castle)
  9. Waluigi (Mario Spin-offs)
  10. Ninten (Mother)
Top 10 Third-Party Characters
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Lloyd Irving (Tales)
  3. Sinder (Cel Damage)
  4. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  5. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  6. Spyro the Dragon
  7. Amaterasu (Okami)
  8. Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
  9. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  10. Bomberman
...Suck it up and make one list. That's how this works.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
specifically new characters, huh... that's tough.

1. Krystal
  2. Ridley
  3. Midna
  4. Ghirahim
  5. Tetra
  6. Decidueye or Midday Lycanroc
  7. Phosphora
  8. Sans, why not
  9. Amaterasu
  10. Klonoa

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Rayman, Bomberman, Pyra (no Rex; Mythra & "Spoiler Alert" Pneuma will be Alt. Costumes), Takamaru, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Bub & Bob (the dragons from Bubble Booble), prince Tee (Puyo Puyo Tetris) (i like Arle Nadja, is My favorite character, but she's extremely annoying) & the others ones from my Signature.
If you're going to post Spoilers can you at least put them in Spoiler tags...

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Okay, here's my list.
  1. Daisy - She'll be wearing her sports attire and have a moveset inspired by the Mario Sports games. She's the only Mario representative I'll allow on my list because Mario's overrepresented and I find her attractive. I count DK, Yoshi and Wario characters as part of the Mario series so don't expect K. Rool.
  2. Tails - It was awesome how the 90's rival of Nintendo has made it into Smash Bros twice! Maybe the third time, Sonic could invite his friend Tails. And when he uses his Up special to use his two tails as a helicopter, other players could grab his hands like a ledge to weigh him down or help them get back on the stage. Also, he was the one I voted in the Smash Ballot.
  3. Krystal - She could join Fox, Falco and Wolf as the fourth representive of Star Fox. And yes, Wolf's gotta return for this.
  4. Ridley - He's not too big. Olimar is too small for a fighter, yet he's scaled up to Kirby's size. Ridley could be scaled down a little and so what if he's the tallest fighter? Smash has super mushrooms and Giga Bowser.
  5. Crash Bandicoot - My first video game character. Since Playstation All-Stars failed, and Crash has been on Nintendo systems like the GBA, he's gotta be in Smash.
  6. Ribbon Girl - It's obvious that ARMS need some representation. Stretchpunching across the stage! Something about her reminds me of Rubber Girl.
  7. Shauntae - A highly popular Indie character along with Shovel Knight. I'd pick the genie.
  8. Decidueye - Popular Pokémon choice for Smash. Completes the Fire-Water-Grass trio of Smash 4.
  9. Midna - Zelda's a bit underrepresented for a flagship franchise, right?
  10. Alph - He's gotta be separated from Olimar. No alternate costumes should have their own names. Get the Koopalings out of here! Especially Roy Koopa who shares his name with an unrelated fighter. Alph could be a semi-clone of Olimar who uses Rock Pikmin.
Honorable Mentions:
  • Goku - I know he's disqualified here because he started in an anime. That is why he's an honorable mention instead of in the list. I don't want Mickey Mouse, Shrek, Darth Vader, Abe Lincoln or Cory in the House to be in Smash. But watching Dragon Ball Super, his fights just scream Smash. The smash sound effect has been heard in some episodes. The likes of Lucario and Ryu make Goku look not so out of place in Smash. Also, R.O.B.'s a toy, Lucario's movie came before Diamond and Pearl (not to mention how much of the Pokémon anime inspired Smash). Plus Sakurai wanted James Bond in Melee. Cloud's lack of connection to Nintendo was considered a rule-breaker by many people. Dragon Ball had a lot of games. 40 of which were on Nintendo systems. Of all the 4th-party picks, Goku is the one who would actually fit perfectly into the world of Super Smash Bros.
  • Spring Man - Because I picked Ribbon Girl. I would like him to be in the roster with her, but I only got room for ten newcomers.
  • Spyro - Maybe Crash is enough. Maybe he should have Spyro there? I already got three third-party characters.
  • Bandana Dee - It would be a shame to not have all four modern Kirby players in the game.
  • Waluigi - I picked Daisy as the Mario newcomer, Waluigi's a great Assist Trophy, and the Mario series is so overrepresented.
  • King K. Rool - Donkey Kong, Wario and Yoshi having their own representation just adds to the point of Mario being the most overrepresented series in Smash because these characters clearly live in the same world.
  • Paper Mario - Sure, he's a cool 2D character, but he's also Mario.
  • Geno - Okay, a Square Enix character. Where is he from? Super Mario RPG!? How can he be a third-party if he's from the Mario series?
  • Toad, Captain Toad, King Boo, Chain Chomp, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Pink Gold Peach, Dixie Kong, Kamek, Ashley-- Enough already! I don't want Mario to take up half the roster!
  • Dark Samus - Hmm... Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Samus? Why would the Metroid series only be represented by Samuses? Ridley is the better option.
  • Sora - Disney character. His games feature Disney characters. He feels more fourth-party than third-party. Mickey, Donald and Goofy would be trophies if Sora was included.
  • Shadow - I already picked Tails as the second Sonic character because he's more important to the series and is not a hedgehog.

D

Deleted member

I don't see the point of dismissing characters solely because their series is "overrepped".
Seems like an arbitrary self-imposed rule.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
10- Travis Touchdown
9- Shovel Knight
8- Captain Toad
7- Bandanna Waddle Dee
6- Phoenix Wright
5- Rex w/ Pyra and Mythra
4- Hector
3- Magearna
2- Spring Man
1- Isaac

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
K. Rool is not a Mario character.
But Donkey Kong is. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario and Yoshi appear regularly in Mario Sports games. K. Rool was playable in Mario Super Sluggers. Mario first appeared in a game called "Donkey Kong." Mario and Donkey Kong are from the same franchise and are spinoffs of eachother. It's okay to want more Mario characters and Mario spinoff characters, but at what point does it stop being a Nintendo All-Star crossover game and become more of a Mario game? Especially when the Mario series had guests before such as Link in Mario Kart 8?

But Donkey Kong is. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario and Yoshi appear regularly in Mario Sports games. K. Rool was playable in Mario Super Sluggers. Mario first appeared in a game called "Donkey Kong." Mario and Donkey Kong are from the same franchise and are spinoffs of eachother. It's okay to want more Mario characters and Mario spinoff characters, but at what point does it stop being a Nintendo All-Star crossover game and become more of a Mario game? Especially when the Mario series had guests before such as Link in Mario Kart 8?
Franchises spin off to become their own things all the time.

There's a reason why DK has it's own logo and all that. K rool is a Donkey Kong character first and foremost. Appearances in spin-offs changes nothing. Hell, DK was in Punch out and so was Mario. But neither are Punch-out characters. :p

K rool's like. . .10 DK appearances absolutely is more relevant than his one appearance in a spinoff.
:061:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool is less relevant to the Mario series than Black Mage is. The Wario and DK series have their own setting, gameplay elements, and recurring cast. Lumping them in with Mario characters makes no sense. Goku lives in the same world as Arale but is not a Dr. Slump character. Sora isn't a Final Fantasy character because he meets with versions of the Final Fantasy cast. Banjo and Conker aren't Donkey Kong characters because they debuted in Diddy Kong Racing. You get the point.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Should you really argue with someone else's list? So what if I'm concerned about overrepresentation and believe DK, Wario and Yoshi is part of the Mario series. It's my opinion. And at least I put Daisy on the list. I do want some variety in Smash Bros. K. Rool and Dixie may be great for Smash and I would respect people who put them both on their lists. Someone could put up a Mario-only list for all I care, or even a Fire Emblem list. I really don't want a flame war here.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Should you really argue with someone else's list? So what if I'm concerned about overrepresentation and believe DK, Wario and Yoshi is part of the Mario series. It's my opinion. And at least I put Daisy on the list. I do want some variety in Smash Bros. K. Rool and Dixie may be great for Smash and I would respect people who put them both on their lists. Someone could put up a Mario-only list for all I care, or even a Fire Emblem list. I really don't want a flame war here.
While I would prefer not to have any sort of flame war here...I'm not opposed to a little bit of discussions either...

I don't think the others were really arguing against your opinion or how you make your list...other than the fact that K Rool isn't a Mario character (but let's face it he really isn't)...but its really up to you whether you do or don't include certain characters on your list or not for whatever reason...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My list would have to be.

1. Bomberman
2. Isaac
3. Dragon Quest character (preferably the DQ8 hero)
4. Krystal
5. Vaati (monster form)
6. Mike Jones
7. Crono
8. Paper Mario
9. Rick/Kine/Coo
10. Daisy

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
My list would have to be.

1. Bomberman
2. Isaac
3. Dragon Quest character (preferably the DQ8 hero)
4. Krystal
5. Vaati (monster form)
6. Mike Jones
7. Crono
8. Paper Mario
9. Crono
10. Daisy
You said Crono twice lol

Top Bottom