• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I have quite a few more that I love, but these are my ten favorites:

1. Isaac (The GBA duology are some of my favorite RPGs)
2. Alm (Maybe not the most unique even if you count his archery proficiency, but I can't help it. He's my new favorite FE protagonist)
3. Banjo & Kazooie (Criminal that this series gets nothing nowadays)
4. Phoenix Wright (AA is one of my favorite series of all-time)
5. Takamaru (Really interesting moveset potential as a samurai that would have a different feel to other swordsmen)
6. Waluigi (WAH)
7. Lloyd Irving (Very fun dual-wielding moveset that feels Smash-ready)
8. Spyro (I'm a sucker for 3D platformers. Besides, we should get at least one purple dragon in Smash)
9. Prince Sable (I just love his design)
10. Rayman (Should've been in the last game)

Honorable 5: Sora, Crash, Layton, Isabelle, Captain Toad

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Top the Ten

1. Steve the Minecraft
2. Sans the Undertale
3. Bubsy the Bobcat
4. Freddy the Fazzbear
5. Lanky the Kong
6. Nipples the Enchilada
7. Toad the Toad
8. Zero the Artificial Hedgehog
9. Dell the Engineer
10. The Fire Emblem

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
10. Tingle
9. Ridley
8. Flint (Mother 3)
7. K. Rool
6. Marx
5. Meowth
4. Decloned Ganondorf
3. Travis Touchdown
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. Waluigi

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
10. Labo Man
9. Cranky Kong
8. Balloon Fighter
7. Lycanroc
6. Crash Bandicoot
5. Paper Mario
4. Hades
3. Skull Kid
2. King K. Rool
1. Rayman

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hmm... it's hard to think of ten characters I even want, honestly. If I had to pick ten, though...
1. Geno
2. Zeke (from Xenoblade 2)
3. Gooey
4. Bandana Dee
5. Decidueye
6. Tingle (Yes, really)
7. King K. Rool (for his fans, mostly)
8. Marx
9. Sylux (not Ridley, phyte me)
10. Paper Mario (Only this low because his series is kind of bad right now, and I worry his moveset may reflect that if he's added now. If his games were still as good as TTYD and SPM, he'd probably be around #5.)
That's about it, really. Some unconventional picks for sure, but hey, I like weird characters.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Only have 5 for right now...
5. Dillon
4. Captain Toad
3. Decidueye
2. Rex & Pyra
1. Ridley

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
10. Groose
9. Raiden
8. Funky Kong
7. Buzzwole
6. Waluigi
5. Viewtiful Joe
4. Elite Beat Agents
3. Travis Touchdown
2. Dr. Eggman
1. Sora
New top 10:
10. Groose
9. Raiden
8. Funky Kong
7. Buzzwole
6. Waluigi
5. Viewtiful Joe
4. Dr. Eggman
3. Elite Beat Agents
2. Travis Touchdown
1. Sora

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My list...

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Phoenix Wright
4. King K. Rool
5. Rex & Pyra
6. Chibi Robo
7. Ridley
8. Fawful
9. Excitebiker
10. Marshall/Rhythm Heaven character

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
My top ten:
1.Dixie Kong
2.King K.Rool
3.Ridley
(These three are all I care about to be honest)

4.Funky Kong
5.Lanky Kong
6.Tiny Kong
7.Chunky Kong
8.Kiddy Kong
9.Birdo
10.King Boo

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Tomorrow is the big day, so I wanted to publish my Top 5 (I do not have as many characters as I want) of characters that I want in Smash, I will try to be as understandable as possible since I do not know how to write very well English.

5- Mimikyu
In SSB4 I wanted Zoroark, but now as Zoroark has already passed I want Mimikyu, I really would not mind seeing Decidueye at the end, but I would like a more "strange" character, and that is Mimikyu, it is a very interesting Pokémon and has had a great success, could be the Pichu of this delivery without having to be a clone, I am interested enough.

4- Shantae
I really do not see the indies in Smash Bros, but if we had to choose one I think Shantae is the most "nintendo" of all, her debut was in the Gameboy color (I think) and she was always there, she is quite pretty and I would like Play like her.

3- Wolf
I miss this veteran, I wanted to turn main into Brawl and it's a pity I did not return, I love his movements, he's so cool, I need to continue training with him to make him my main, he's perfect and I'm sure he'll come back.

2- Ashley
Who lives in that enchanted mansion? Well the second character that I want to see the most in Smash, is very nice and I identify a lot with her, I think it would be perfect for me.

Possibilities? very few since Wario Ware really does not need two characters, but hey, it's worth dreaming.

1- Chorus Kids / Rhythm Heaven Character
He or they are my most wanted characters for many reasons, to start gives me memories of the day I found that game in a mall, I was very funny Chorus Kid in the caratule and wanted to buy it only for the caratule (was very young and I almost did not know about videogames) but finally I did not buy it because it did not interest me at all.

Then I knew Rhythm heaven for the memes, I thought that they would have a stage in SSB4 (it did not have it), and then the Smash era started, I wanted Zoroark strongly but it was disconfirmed.

From there, the famous Gematsu Leak appeared for the second time, saying that a certain "Chorus Men" would come out in Smash, I did not know that name and I looked for information, surprise, they were the same characters that I saw when I was little in the mall.

Afterwards, I loved them very much in Smash since they seemed very interesting to me and because of my memories, unfortunately they totally disconfirmed being a character that was cut ... which seems to me quite unfair since it is a franchise that must have been in SSB4 and that was still alive

Now is SSB. Switch, I hope that they or any character of Rhythm Heaven are in Smash for pure justice.

Playcube

Smash Cadet
1.Dragonborn:Because Skyrim is on Switch However I Love Skyrim so that's All it Really matters.

2.Shadow the Hedgehog:He's My NUMBER 1 Favorite Video Game Character And It Would Be Awesome From Assist Trophy Character to a Playable Character.

3.Isaac:Golden Sun Should be in the Smash Franchise More!

4.Worlds Link: He Could Be the Next Link

5.Dr Eggman:We Need More Villains in Smash Besides King K Rool

6.Steve (Minecraft) He Has Appeared in Many Nintendo Platforms Like:Wii,Wii U,3ds,and Switch

7.Mario Maker (As a Clone of Mario and Dr Mario) I Really Love Clone or Echo Characters and I Heard many People Hate Dr Mario So Why Not add in Mario Maker to Replace Dr Mario

8.Naruto:Naruto is Awesome

9.Weavile: He Would Be a Very Cool Dark and Ice Pokemon Creatures

10.Gyarados (I Know It Won't Happen But this is My Number 1 Favorite Pokemon Creature of All Time So This is Just MY POINT OF VIEW) This is Just a Little Joke. However I DO Want to see him in

Note:These are My Opinions,Just Like you Fans Do

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s mine:

1. Elma
2. Rex/Pyra
3. Bandana Dee
4. Rhythm Heaven Rep
5. ARMS Rep
6. Simon Belmont
7-10: open to anyone else tbh (that is within reason)

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
1 - Isaac
2 - Spyro (Not likely, but I want him if we get a third party)
3 - Captain Toad
4 - King K Rool
5 - Bandana Waddle Dee
6 - Revali
7 - Decidueye
8 - Impa
9 - Birdo (Yoshi Echo plz)
10 - Crash Bandicoot

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've been away from here for a bit but as we all know....

Ridley has been confirmed as a fighter which means...he's no longer eligible for voting in this thread. I'm sure a lot of you won't mind however. He was a strong second place behind King K Rool. He was also in second during the Smash 4 DLC Top 10, which is impressive given his position as a stage boss in that game.

Oh....and I guess Daisy is also a thing too.

Also, for any character that has been 'deconfiimed' as assist trophies, final smashes, stage hazards, etc; they are still eligible, although their inclusion in Smash going forward is highly unlikely at this point.

I'll try to catch up to tallying everything up at a later point, but from here on out any votes for Ridley and Daisy won't be counted.

REMINDER: Please quote your original Top 10 from this thread when you make changes so I can easily see what changes were made and I can adjust accordingly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. King K.Rool
2. Impa (Either Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors version)
3. Isaac
4. Dixie Kong
5. Banjo-Kazooie
6. Funky Kong
7. Celica / Alm (either would be cool)
8. Urbosa
9. Cranky Kong
10. Paper Mario

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this actually ended up being much more difficult than I expected. I'll probably change my mind later, but I promise I won't come back and make any confusing edits. Hope I'm not forgetting anyone, but I guess I don't actually want them that badly if that's the case.

10. Takamaru
9. Ashley
8. Dillon
7. Ridley
6. Sami
5. Adeleine
4. Captain Toad
3. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Isaac
1. King K. Rool

Honorable Mentions: Impa, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Waluigi
Going to remove the disconfirmed characters along with Ridley. I'm sorry, little ones...

10. Celica
9. Impa
8. Dillon
7. Ashley
6. Sami
5. Adeleine
4. Captain Toad
3. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Isaac
1. King K. Rool

Honorable Mentions: Bandana Dee, Decidueye
Characters that I want but with major conditions: Dixie Kong (but NOT as an Echo!!), Chrom (only as an Echo)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
1 - Isaac
2 - Spyro (Not likely, but I want him if we get a third party)
3 - Captain Toad
4 - King K Rool
5 - Bandana Waddle Dee
6 - Revali
7 - Decidueye
8 - Impa
9 - Birdo (Yoshi Echo plz)
10 - Crash Bandicoot
Editing this to reflect my predictions I made post-creating this list, after thinking about my options and realizing I missed a lot of characters I want.

1 - Isaac
2 - Spyro
3 - Captain Toad
4 - Decidueye
5 - King K Rool
6 - Revali
7 - Bandana Waddle Dee
8 - Elma
9 - Impa
10 - Ashley

(I can't list them here but Geno, Spring Man and Rex/Pyra would be 11th, 12th and 13th respectively)

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmmm....

10. Waluigi
9. KOS-MOS
8. King K. Rool
7. Ashley
6. Crash Bandicoot
5. Ganon
4. Marx/Magolor
3. Adeleine
2. Bandana Waddle Dee

1. Micaiah.

My most wanted character and the only character I'm actively supporting currently, I had love the idea of her as a Smash Playable Character since I know about her abilities, and I ended up loving her character in her own game too.

Outside of the Top 3, the rest of the characters usually change positions depending my mood (and even Adeleine and BWD change positions sometimes anyway) xD.
I think I'll just change a bit the order of the characters, (And remove Ganon because reasons).

10.- Waluigi
9.- KOS-MOS
8.- Decidueye
7.- Ashley
6.- King K. Rool
5.- Crash Bandicoot
4.- Marx/Magolor
3.- Adeleine
2.- Bandana Waddle Dee

1. Micaiah.

(Featuring Decidueye now... I still want Micaiah 100x above everyone else :love:).

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Spyro the Dragon
4. King Boo
5. Dark Samus
6. Dixie Kong
7. Decidueye
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Geno
10. Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
1.Rayman
2.Geno
3.Simon Belmont
4.Travis Touchdown
5.King K Rool
6.Dixie Kong
7.Elma
8.Medusa
9.Chorus Kids
10.Lip

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
1. Master Chief
2. Paper Mario
3. Joker (Persona 5)
4. Travis Touchdown
5. Simon Belmont
6. Rex/Pyra
7. Geralt
8. Amateratsu
9. Geno
10. King K. Rool

(No one said the list had to be realistic.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm trying not to expect too much (especially since it's hard for me to pick favorites), but let's see...

1. Shantae
2. Shovel Knight
3. Simon
4. Rayman
5. Mona
6. Captain Syrup
7. Birdo
8. King K. Rool
9. Dixie Kong
10. Cranky Kong

Eagle

Smash Lord
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. Isaac
3. Geno
4. Bomberman
5. Decidueye

To be honest I can't really think of any more that I'd personally want that much. I just want Banjo Kazooie so bad!

Zema

Smash Journeyman
1 - Geno

By far my most desired character. He represents my childhood unlike any other character, and would be a really unique and interesting addition, I feel.

2 - Simon Belmont

I've never played the Castlevania games, but Simon Belmont is such an iconic character that I feel he should be in Smash.

3 - King K. Rool.

A long time requested character that I feel would fit in pretty well in Smash.

4 - Masked Man

I love his design. I've never played his game, but he looks cool and I feel like Mother needs more reps.

5 - Chrono

The closest we'll get to Goku in Smash is Chrono. Jokes aside, Chrono Trigger really deserves a spot in Smash for being such an iconic RPG.

6 - Chrom

He was robbed. ROBBED.

7 - Isaac

Again, another character that has a cool design and that would be neat to have in Smash.

8 - Impa

I love her design in Hyrule Warriors, and I think she'd make an interesting addition to the Zelda characters in the game instead of the typical Link/Zelda/Ganon

9 - Classic Sonic

Please. I'd rather have him than edgy Americanized Sonic.

10 - Sylux

I loved Metroid: Hunters despite how much of a disappointment it was to many. It was my first Metroid game, and I'd love to see a new Metroid Rep.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
10. Octoling

Echo but cool one, alternate branded weapons and stuff give the chance for more flavour for an inkling echo

9. Banjo

This guys so because he's so unlikely I have 0 hype for him but the original BK is a personal favourite and he's conceptually a perfect fit with his moves

8. Klonoa

Won't ever happen, I'm just listing him here because Klonoa 2 is the best game and you should try it

7. Shadow

Echo but funny hedgehog say swear word, i unironically like this guy still

6. Simon Belmont

It feels like at this point we all just expect simon, never played castlevania game but I can still see why this guy warrants a playable appearance easily

5. Helix

Spring Man's the easy one but this guy could be bonkers, love to see him stretch and attack from all angles

4. Rayman

I don't expect him to be in at least on launch, but smash 4 made this guy so horribly close to my reach i can't ignore it

3. Kirby character (Bandana Dee/Magolor/Marx)

All 3 of these are cool, Mags and Marx especially. Kirby's a cool series.

2. Marshal/Tibby

I want a peck your beak tap tap tap attack

1. Geno

I don't have a personal connection to SMRPG but i like this guy. A lot, I used to **** on geno fans back in the brawl days but the combination of him having a small chance once again and the fact he's actually a really good idea for the game makes me want him real bad. Characters that could actually be really fresh to play are the best by far.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
11. Tingle
10. Excitebiker
9. Ray
8. Saki/Isa
7. Captain Toad
6. Rayman
5. King K. Rool
4. Shovel Knight
3. Ridley
2. Inkling
1. Isaac

So far, I’ve definitely had some good fortune!

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
New top 10:
10. Groose
9. Raiden
8. Funky Kong
7. Buzzwole
6. Waluigi
5. Viewtiful Joe
4. Dr. Eggman
3. Elite Beat Agents
2. Travis Touchdown
1. Sora
Newer top 10:
10. Groose
9. Funky Kong
8. Raiden
7. Buzzwole
6. Waluigi
5. Viewtiful Joe
4. Dr. Eggman
3. Elite Beat Agents
2. Travis Touchdown
1. Sora

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Usually when I'm thinking of newcomers I try to balance what I want with who I believe is likely, and while I'll do that to some extent, this top 10 will mainly be who I truly want most strongly, as if Sakurai was catering to my every whim.

1 - King K. Rool. The King. My most wanted newcomer by a large margin, ever since Diddy was announced for Brawl to present day. I rooted for him for Brawl, for Smash 4, for Smash 4's DLC, and will root for him in Ultimate. If he doesn't make it in, I'll root for him in Ultimate's DLC unless he gets hard-deconfirmed as an AT or stage hazard. I have a lot of hope for his chances after Ridley but it's never a guarantee. And if he gets in, then maybe he'll also return to the DKC series, but one thing at a time...

2 - Banjo-Kazooie. Been a project dream character of mine since Melee, Kazooie and Tooie are some of my all-time favorite games. With the ballot, their chances are probably the best they've ever been, but I'd still put them as unlikely given there are probably far more relevant third-party characters to choose from. Especially if Simon is actually in.

3. Geno. After those first two, though, everyone else is kind of a bonus that I'm not 100% rooting for either way. I have never really anticipated or pushed for Geno, but do think he would be cool. But after Ridley, and especially if someone else like K. Rool gets in, Geno actually feels possible this time around. Here's hoping.

4. Dixie Kong. Dixie is tough for me because while I'd love for her to be added, her getting in as a unique character would be such a bad sign for K. Rool assuming he hasn't been confirmed by that point. I would be happy at her inclusion whether she's unique, a semi-clone, or even an Echo, but again only if K. Rool is also in as a newcomer. But best timeline we get both of them as unique fighters, even if one of them has to be DLC.

5. Shadow. Again, never really anticipated or desired him particularly, but with the rebranding of clones as "Echoes", people are much more open to the idea than ever before. And with Knuckles being an AT, this could be Shadow's day. I have a lot of fond memories of Sonic Adventure 2, and Shadow's inclusion as an Echo would actually be pretty hype.

6. Shovel Knight. I think an "indie rep" would really balance out the roster and would be a huge beacon to the industry that even an indie character could eventually be in something as prestigious as Smash. And Shovel Knight seems like the best candidate for that. Unlike Minecraft Steve, he has a moveset and an actual personality. I wouldn't mind Shantae, either, but I give the edge to Shovel Knight with his Amiibo and Switch prevalence.

7. Dark Samus. Never played any Metroid games, and before E3 I was actually thinking about Sylux as the new Metroid rep over Ridley and Dark Samus. But Dark Samus as an Echo, with Samus' missing Dark skin, could actually be really cool and round out the Metroid roster even more.

8. Isaac. Also have never played Golden Sun, but I think this guy deserves it after the amount of support he's gotten, which has never been on the huge level of Ridley or K. Rool, or more recently Waluigi, but Isaac's support has been constant ever since the Brawl era and I think he'd make a great addition.

9. Decidueye. At this point I'm just rounding out the roster with well-liked and sensible picks, so Decidueye could be this game's Greninja. With the reinclusion of Ivysaur and Squirtle, there feels like less need for the "Grass/Fire/Water" starter trio to be complete, but between the three Gen VII starters, Decidueye seems like the best fit.

10. Ashley. Similar to the K. Rool/Banjo/Geno situation. She had almost no chance back in the day, but has grown increasingly possible due to fan requests and the ballot. While I'd personally rather someone like 9-Volt or even Orbulon, I fully realize that if any WarioWare character were to make it, it would be Ashley, and she has some solid moveset potential.

HMs go to Simon (whether Vergeben is accurate or not), echo Chrom, echo Funky, Bandana Dee, and Impa. If we're throwing in an NES retro rep, it would have to be Excitebiker since Takamaru is deconfirmed. Also Waluigi of course, who was probably top 5 for me before E3, but is deconfirmed and his future chances are probably ruined as well due to all the toxic controversy surrounding him.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
After the recent announcement of Smash Ultimate's planning in December 2015, I've re-assessed my list a little as well as made sure it's up to date with the characters that have already been shown as not happening via way of assist trophy or otherwise.

Honorable Mentions: Skull Kid, Elma, Shadow as Sonic's Echo, Banjo Kazooie if the rights can be worked out, with more recent characters like Spring Man, Rex and Pyrha, and Crash for DLC choices.

10. Rayman - I don't think many third party characters could fit all that well into Smash these days, but Rayman is one of the exceptions. The strangeness of his trophy in Smash 4 has always left a bad taste in my mouth, and he is a bigger gaming icon with ties to Nintendo, especially with Rayman Legends around the time of Smash 4's development. His style would fit in so well with Smash too, he wouldn't feel nearly as out of place as some other third party characters.

9. Captain Toad - Basically the only big Mario representative we have left is Toad as a playable character, and Captain Toad fits in nicely seeing as he has a more defined personality and his own game to represent in all honesty that is pretty great. I'd like to see how they use his tools from the game as well as incorporate his inability to jump on his own.

8. Bandanna Dee - As strange as his rise to fame as has been, Smash could use a spear wielding character, and since Fire Emblem doesn't have any interest in supplying us with one, he fits the bill very well. Kirby could arguably use another rep at this point, and outside of maybe Marx, Bandanna Dee is the only real choice. Sakurai could play a little more loose with him too as a character since he's relatively recent and not quite as well established.

7. Dixie Kong - The underrepresented DK franchise needs more reps, and Dixie Kong playing as a semi clone (Not Echo) of Diddy Kong would be a great way to help show some more love for the games without needing a completely original character to be developed (Which can be used elsewhere... more on that later). She's part of the classic trio of Kongs, and her return to prominence in Tropical Freeze was very welcome. She deserves to be in at this point.

6. Simon Belmont - I love classic Castlevania, and Simon Belmont is the perfect representative of early NES for me and many others. He could be our retro rep and a new third party rep. A whip based moveset would be unique, and all his specials could easily be the sub-weapons from the games. We have Snake returning, Bomberman as an assist, and a leak claiming he is in. I'd like to think his chances are good.

5. Chibi-Robo - The closest thing to a dark horse candidate I probably have at this point. His original Gamecube game is a favorite of mine for it's charming nature, and I was convinced of his Smash viability thanks to Super Smash Flash 2. He's an adorable robot buddy to join ROB and Mega Man, and a nice little nod to one of Nintendo's much smaller franchises. He did have a bit of a resurgence around that time (Even if those games weren't the most well received), so I do see him having a shot. That said, he's never been one of the most supported characters for Smash.

4. Ashley - A fairly recent character I've come to support in Smash, but one whose potential for unique moves and quirky character I've immediately come to appreciate. Wario could use a friend, and it would be hilarious to see her inclusion before Waluigi just for the second internet meltdown. She's actually the character I think is most likely to show up after King K. Rool just based upon how her popularity has exploded in the past few years, and again she seems right up Sakurai's alley as a quirky character with a dedicated fan following. She also got a Mii costume for Smash 4 which speaks to her popularity at least being acknowledged. I really want to believe we haven't seen her assist trophy because she has been promoted and not Isaac'd...speaking of.

3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - A seemingly forgotten franchise and character that deserves another chance in the spotlight through Smash. There is a lot of potential with his Djinns being incorporated into the move set, and I think Smash can benefit from more magic users in general. I've been a big supporter of his since Smash 4 speculation, and really thought his chances were good for that game.

2. Geno - My, and seemingly everyone else's, favorite one off from Super Mario RPG (Sorry Mallow) is a character with lots of potential and one of the ultimate statements of fan service. Super Mario RPG has a lot of nostalgia for me, and his character has always been so cool. Sakurai has wanted to include him, we've seen the Mii costume of him appear thanks to Square playing ball with Smash, and he's another huge fan favorite. I'm not necessarily as sold on his potential inclusion as others, but he is still my second most desired character.

1. King K. Rool - My holy trinity of Smash 4 was this lovable large lump, Ridley, and Mewtwo. The fact that it is almost complete is unreal to me. He's has such as an amazing move set potential, deserves the spot as the main antagonist of Donkey Kong, and I've always loved his character from the nostalgia of playing the original DKC trilogy. As another hugely popular fan request, I think his chances are looking more likely than ever. Plus he fits the theme of major characters with Mii costumes that could receive an upgrade to playable

If I get King K. Rool and a couple of my other choices from this list I'll be ecstatic. King K. Rool, Ashley, and Geno is the dream come true I can just see as happening this time around (Partly due to Mii Costumes if an unfounded hope, but also their popularities) , but I included a couple of others who I would like to see in Smash despite the fact I'm not convinced on their chances. I don't think many of them, or really any, are super crazy out there ideas for characters, so who knows, we might just see most of them show up this time around if I'm really lucky.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So I try to keep the characters I want to see somewhat reasonable, but there are definitely one or two that are a little out there. But for me, I would say my list is:

10. Captain Syrup
9. Goemon
8. Chibi-Robo
7. Tingle
6. Impa
5. King K. Rool
4. Dixie Kong
3. Bomberman
2. Banjo & Kazooie
1. Isaac
I figured I'd revisit my lost post E3. At this point my most wanted looks something like this (though ordering changes on whims all the time tbh lol):

10. Decidueye
9. Slime
8. Ashley
7. Captain Syrup
6. Impa
5. K Rool
4. Tingle
3. Dixie
2. Banjo
1. Isaac

So mostly the same, but a few changes. I still want to see Goemon, but I've recently been sold on some other characters and honestly he isn't as important overall. I'd love to see a bunch of other characters as well like Isabelle, Andy/Sami, Bandana Dee, Chibi Robo, someone from Rhythm Heaven, Springman, Elma, Medusa, Rayman and so on. There are a lot I would like to see tbh, but unfortunately they don't quite make the top 10 for me.

Really I'd like to see so many more series get represented in this game that I'm fairly sad that we won't be getting too many newcomers this go around. Probably a little silly to talk about already, but I'm hoping for a fair amount of DLC to keep the hype alive post launch.

StormC

Smash Hero
Another slight update. Hooray!

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Decidueye
4. Dixie Kong
5. Bandana Dee
6. Ganon
7. Dr. Eggman
8. Kamek
9. Bomberman
10. Lip

Sorry Zero, better luck next time. Also gave Bandana Dee a bit of a bump.
In light of recent news...

1. K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Bandana Dee
4. Decidueye
5. Dr. Eggman
6. Lip
7. Dillon
8. Zero
9. Dark Matter
10. Isaac

After like 4-5 I'm pretty eh on these, but Isaac would be nice for his fans. I took out Ganon and Kamek since I'm gonna kinda consider them deconfirmed.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
10. Shovel Knight
9. Waluigi
8. Ridley
7. Bomberman
6. Rayman
5. Dixie
4. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Sora
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. King K. RoOl
After everything that happened at E3 with getting all the Smash Vets, Ridley, and Daisy.. RIP Bomberman and Waluigi.. Made a revised list including Echo Fighters as newcomers.

10. Shovel Knight - Would be nice to finally have an Indie game rep.

9. Isaac - Anything other than Pokemon at this point. Squirtle and Ivysaur (fav) are back, so please no more.

8. Shadow Echo - If this happens, I'd flip out.

7. Funky Kong Echo - Would be nice to have more DK content, regardless of what it is.

6. Dark Samus Echo - This would be awesome! Not only would Samus get her main villain Ridley, but she would get a second in the form of her badass doppelganger.

5. Rayman - Nintendo and Ubisoft have been so close for awhile now and seeing that Rayman trophy in the previous game makes me feel like something may come of it. I sure hope so! He is the only renowned "MAN" character that is not in Smash now. I'll never count the trophy...unless it levels up to Assist Trophy.

4. Crash Bandicoot - If Crash somehow makes it into Smash without having appeared in Playstation All Stars instead, the internet will implode.

3. Dixie Kong Unique/Echo - Either of her future outcomes is fine with me as long as we get her and someone else..

2. Geno - Seeing Sora be more unlikely by the day, Geno is who I feel deserves it more anyway, especially if Nintendo is still gladly getting along with Square Enix.

1. King K. RoOl - Has been my #1 since Diddy was shown off in Brawl. This Kroc needs to be in for this game to be rightfully called "Ultimate". I can see them holding off his reveal til mid-later in the year or maybe even being a secret fighter. Actually, the hype would be just as great if not greater than Ridley the closer it gets to launch, and when people see the last one of the BIG 3 actually make it in, minds will be blown!

P.S. Oh and Donkey Kong is the only OG character to not have his nemesis in the game.... Come on.. We need the *HE'S IRRELEVANT* to be included now that we got the *HE'S TOO BIG* (Ridley)..

Honorable Mentions include: Chibi-Robo, Isabelle Echo, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, Banjo & Kazooie, and Simon Belmont< was leaked and seems likely, so figured I'd just leave him here.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I've been looking for a thread like this, and since Smash Ultimate has every veteran coming back + Daisy Ridley and Inkling (yes, there is no comma on purpose), I believe that Sakurai is actually listening to the fans this time around and the chances of certain characters has skyrocketed higher than ever before! And with the recent news of Smash Ultimate's project plan being made in December 2015, it certainly helps many of the ballot contenders a lot. With that in mind, here is my list of characters I would love to see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Honorable Mentions: Skull Kid, Banjo Kazooie (if Rare allows it), Rayman
Possible DLC: Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Rex and Pyrha, Crash Bandicoot

10. Waluigi -
Although Waluigi has been confirmed to be an assist trophy, a part of me still believes that Waluigi could become a playable fighter in Smash Ultimate. There was a video that made a point that although Waluigi was in the Nintendo Direct presentation for the game, he didn't seem to appear in the E3 demo (correct me if I'm wrong). Although it is very unlikely he will be in at this point, I still have hope that he is playable someday in a Smash game, whether it's DLC or a new game (very unlikely for the latter, considering this may be Sakurai's last Smash game).

9. Captain Toad -
Aside from Waluigi, I can see Toad as the only logical rep left for Mario. Maybe he could jump by using his pickaxe on the ground or something.

8. Bandanna Dee -
Kirby could use another rep, and for some odd reason I always wanted to see a playable Waddle Dee, so Bandanna Dee is the only logical choice.

7. Isaac (Golden Sun) -
Some of my friends supported him during the Smash 4 speculation era when I was in high school, and I'd like to see him make a comeback.

6. Geno -
Sakurai has wanted to include him in Brawl and Smash 4, and we've got a Mii costume of hm. He is another character with a huge fan following, and I wouldn't mind seeing him make it into Smash Ultimate.

5. Ashley -
Though not my first choice for a Wario rep, Wario should have more representation. Wario needs more representation, and it would be as much as I would like to see Waluigi, Ashley is more likely to come to fruition. Her popularity is right near King K. Rool in my opinion. Sakurai also thinks highly of the character as he spoke about her before. Her costume in Smash 4 is a sign that her popularity is being acknowledged, kind of like King K. Rool.

4. Mona (WarioWare) -
shot in the dark, but I'd like Mona to be in. Mona is Wario's secret admirer and the second most important character in the WarioWare series for say. Although she doesn't seem to be as popular as Ashley in recent years, Mona still has importance to the series, having been in every game since the first game of the series. She even has an outfit to match Wario's biker outfit, and has many other outfits that could be alternate costumes. She has moveset potential based on her variety of jobs (pizza parlor, dumpling stand, artifact hunter, ice cream parlor girl, rock star, detective) as well as having a scooter and animals that assist her. Since fans want more female fighters and that Sakurai is implementing more female fighters to the series with Daisy, Inkling, and Female Pokemon Trainer, she is a good option and would fit in well with the rest of the female cast. The best case scenario is if both Mona and Ashley got in the roster.

3. Shadow the Hedgehog -
Call me an edge lord, call me emo, but I think Shadow has a good chance of appearing as a playable character this time. With Knuckles being confirmed as an Assist Trophy and Shadow being strangely absent, I believe that Sakurai promoted him to become a playable character after shaking hands with his daddy Takashi Iizuka. Episode Shadow was the only mode I actually liked in Sonic Forces, and I wouldn't mind if he was an echo (with some key differences) or a unique character on his own. Plus, I'd like to make Shadow hold a ray gun for whenever I play the game with items.

2. Dixie Kong -
I would take Dixie Kong if she was only a semi-clone of Diddy Kong. If she was an echo of DIddy Kong, she would lose a lot of moveset potential. She's part of the classic trio of Kongs, appearing in more DKC games than Donkey Kong himself. I liked her return to the series with Tropical Freeze and I think she deserves to be in Smash now.

1. King K. Rool -
My absolute favorite video game villain. He was my first choice during Smash 4 speculation and he is still #1 in my mind today. I wanted him and Ridley in during that period, and with Ridley confirmed now, all I need is the Kremling King. The Donkey Kong Country series gives him an amazing set of moves to choose from. We also need more antagonists in Smash, and it works since he is the main antagonist of Donkey Kong. I've always loved his psychotic personality from the nostalgia of playing Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 (I still want to go back and play DKC2 and DKC3). As another vastly popular fan request, his chances have increased ten-fold. Since his Mii costume uses new assets and that the game's planning was finished in December 2015, months after the Smash Ballot concluded, the chances of him appearing in Smash are definitely in his favor this time around.

If King K. Rool and a few of my other choices from this list get in the game, the game will truly feel like the ultimate Smash game.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
1. Saki Amamiya or Isa
2. King K Rool
3. Isaac (Golden Sun)
4. Rayman
5. Chorus Kids or other RH rep
6. Ray MK III
7. Dillon
8. Impa
9. Decidueye

Ridley confirmed so I guess he’s no longer on the list and Takamaru got deconfirmed.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ooh, I went all out for this. Loads of spoiler tags to cover up the fact that I may have 6 pages of text...
Which you should totally read and give feedback:lol:

10. Ivy Valentine

Universe: Soul Calibur (Namco)
First game: Soul Calibur (Arcade, 1998)
First Nintendo game: Soul Calibur II (GCN, 2003)

I’m not normally into 3rd parties, and Ivy’s not the main Namco fighting game character, but she is definitely one of the most recognizable characters in all of fighting games, mostly because of her…assets. Since she debuted in Soul Calibur, she’s been a mainstay in each of the main series games, including Soul Calibur II (in which Link was a guest fighter) and spin-offs, including Soul Calibur Legends for the Wii.

While her style is…risqué, Bayonetta’s shown that this type of moveset is acceptable in Smash. The biggest benefit for her would be a potential moveset. Coming from a fighting game herself, she’s got a lot to work with, and one of the best parts would be using her unique whip sword. As Smash really doesn’t have a whip user outside of Zero Suit Samus for some moves, it could make Ivy an excellent grappler, especially if tether recovery makes a comeback.

Soul Calibur’s been languishing for a while, but the 6th game was just announced, and Ivy’s coming back with a vengeance.

I do prefer games with minimal 3rd parties unless they’ve made significant contributions, but I’ll admit that I do have a soft spot for certain favorites from my favorite games. She’s a complete pipe dream, but I remember thinking how cool she’d be even when Brawl came out.

9. Daisy

Universe: Mario
First Game: Super Mario Land (GB, 1989)

Daisy’s another one of those characters who’s gotten hit with a lot of speculation, but has always been relegated to a palette swap for Peach. True, the two would be really similar, but Daisy’s more tomboyish personality could take hold in the form of a more aggressive moveset. Daisy isn’t really well known from too many Mario main series games – she’s more active in the spin-offs, where she’s made appearances in basically every one.

That would be the inspiration for a possible moveset. Daisy could easily represent the kart-racing and/or sports moves from the spin-offs, which really don’t get more than a Mario Kart stage in Smash. Her costumes could reflect this as well: a few recolors of her standard gown, but then also some of the sports outfit and/or her motorcycle jumpsuit.

Daisy’s also been a trophy in each of the Smash games since Melee, so it’d be fun to see her make the jump. Plus, one of the most fun types of smash is having all of the princesses battle it out in all of their respective finery.

8. Revali

Universe: Zelda
First Game: Breath of the Wild (Switch, 2017)

With as acclaimed as Breath of the Wild was, it definitely needs some representation in Smash, and changing the movesets of established characters could put off Link or Zelda mains.

Revali is one of the four champions, but the one with the most personality. He’s rude, brash, and patronizing, but most of his scenes show he has a respect for Link that he hides beneath a mask of arrogance.

Revali is a master bowman, and could introduce several different types of arrows into his moveset. Breath of the Wild used fire, ice, shock, and bomb arrows. This could make for some great special moves, especially since the bomb arrows are important to the Rito as a whole during the cutscene. Revali’s gale is a natural recovery move, and as a birdman, he’d naturally have multiple jumps and a glide.

True, his personality is a bit close to Falco, but he would make a more interesting character in his own right as he wouldn’t need to be a (semi)-clone of another character. And his voice actor was one of the better ones in Breath of the Wild.

7. Ghirahim

First Game: Skyward Sword (Wii, 2011)

Ghirahim is an interesting villain – not at all the typical power hungry type, but with a creepy, campy factor that makes him different than most. Most of his scenes show him losing his sanity bit by bit, while simultaneously squicking him out with his overlong tongue or effeminate demeanor.

What really made him shine was his appearance in Hyrule Warriors. In both the main game and the spin-off, he was a side character doing another villain’s bidding. Still, his time in Hyrule Warriors showed what he is capable of. His moveset includes homing projectiles and erratic swordsmanship. In his true form, he is a literal sword himself.

Of course, as a one-off character, he’s not got much in the way of relevance. Still, as Hyrule Warriors has been announced as getting a third port to another console, it does show that the game was a great way of making characters visible. He also has appeared in Sm4sh as an assist trophy, where he teleported around and fired projectiles.

His mannerisms would make him an interesting choice, as is the fact that Smash has been lacking in the villain department. He fits with the tone of a creepy dark villain for those who like darkness, but his style is much lighter and would match with the artstyle of Sm4sh.

6. Gardevoir

Universe: Pokémon
First Game: Ruby and Sapphire (GBA, 2002)

Generation 3 is one of the forgotten generations of Pokémon (I’ll never forgive it for cutting Growlithe and Arcanine at first). Still, there are some Pokémon that should be represented. Gardevoir is one of the most famous Pokémon of the third generation, and not just because she’s everyone’s Pokémon waifu.

Gardevoir is a member of the new Fairy type, which opens her moveset to a lot of fairy-type attacks, including the powerful (and potential Final Smash) Moonblast. She also received a Mega evolution and was given a position in the roster of Pokkén Tournament, which also got another rerelease.

In Smash, Gardevoir has mostly been represented as a Pokéball summon, where she only put up a barrier and walked around. As one of the few admired Pokémon of the third generation, she deserves much more.

5. Midna

First Game: Twilight Princess (GCN, 2006)

Midna’s one of Links most popular companions, as she’s not just a simple exposition fairy, but has real personality. She starts the game standoffish, and by the end, you as a player do start to care for her a lot. It’s no surprise that she has been a highly requested character in Smash since Brawl.

Her moveset potential was a bit weak, another aspect that was remedied with her appearance in Hyrule Warriors. Her Final Smash would obviously be the use of the Fused Shadows, but otherwise she’s mainly got projectiles to deal with. One of the best possibilities for her would be as a grappler using her prehensile hair.

She made an appearance in Sm4sh, itself a surprise considering the age of her one-hit wonder game, as an assist trophy. As an assist, she teleports around and grabs fighters. She could also make use of various shadow creatures as she does in Hyrule Warriors, or even her true form.

I’ve always liked Midna, and I would love to have seen her in since Brawl. She’s cooled off as the game has aged, but Twilight Princess has always been one of my favorite Zelda games, and I would love to see the titular princess join the fray.

4. Urbosa

Another Zelda character, and another of the great champions. Urbosa has a lot going for her as she’s an excellent fighter, and a warm, friendly character in contrast to the traditional aspects of the Gerudo in the Zelda series. She’d make an interesting counterbalance to Zelda, to whom she is almost a maternal figure, and Ganondorf, who she name-drops in Breath of the Wild as a fellow Gerudo and an example of what the race needs to strive to atone for.

She is the favorite character of the director of the game, and for good reason. He fighting style is not as unique, as she mainly uses a sword (scimitar) and shield, but she could draw from other tradtional Gerudo weaponry from Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask with naginatas and/or dual scimitars. She also has several lightning-based abilities: Urbosa’s Fury the power uses a radial lightning attack, and she is shown in cutscenes to call down thunderbolts. A great move would be a mixture of Zelda’s Din’s Fire and Pikachu’s Thunder – a projectile which she could send out, which would call down a lightning strike when triggered. As the champion piloting Divine Beast Vah Naboris, she has a built-in Final Smash calling the beast to smite her enemies.

True, Breath of the Wild is still incredibly recent, and all four champions (and Impa) have relevance. I like Urbosa the best, however, because she has a great character, an excellent voice actress, and really made me like her. I can’t say the same for the likes of Mipha or Daruk.

3. Dovahkiin

Universe: The Elder Scrolls (Bethesda Softworks)
First Game: Skyrim (PC/XBOX/PS3, 2011)
First Nintendo Game: Skyrim (Switch, 2018)

Yes, I’m a filthy hypocrite for putting a 3rd party so high on my list. Hear me out, though…

Skyrim was an absolute masterpiece. Yes, Todd Howard is trying to get Skyrim ported to literally every device that can handle it, but it deserves to be. Breath of the Wild most definitely borrowed some elements of this, and Bethesda knows how to deliver a massive open-world RPG. After all, there’s a reason Skyrim was one of the first games shown in the first trailer for the Switch – the idea that a game that intense could be made portable was impressive.

I think the best way to play the Dragonborn would be to allow him to play as a dual-wielder as in the traditional art. Beyond that, though, he could pull various spells or shouts as special moves to assist, and a Final Smash involving Alduin or another dragon would be incredible. And who wouldn’t want to see Fus Ro Dah as a special which ragdolls enemies for a time?

As Bethesda games are known for their customization, Dovahkiin could easily have a set of costumes like Bowser Jr. to make several races and genders as possibilities. I propose the following as options:

· Default: Male Nord, as in the concept art
· A female Nord in armor, e.g. Lydia (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Lydia)
· A male Nord Stormcloak, e.g. Ralof (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ralof)
· A female Imperial officer, e.g. the one on the loading screen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Races)
· A male Bosmer Thief, e.g. Niruin (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Niruin)
· A female Dunmer Dark Brother, e.g. Gabriella with standard armor (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Gabriella)
· A male Redguard Alik’r Warrior (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Alik'r_Warrior)
· A female Breton college mage, e.g. the loading screen example (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Races)
· A male Orc smith, e.g. Moth gro-Bagol (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Moth_gro-Bagol)
· A female human Blade, e.g. Delphine (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Delphine)
· A male Nord Greybeard, e.g. the one from the loading screen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Loading_Screens#Shouts)
· A female Altmer Thalmor agent, e.g. Elenwen (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elenwen)
· Possibly also Khajiit or Argonian choices

I know this one will never happen, but I can’t deny how cool this would be.

2. King K. Rool

Universe: Donkey Kong
First Game: Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)

The king needs no introduction.

One of the most highly requested newcomers, whose visibility the world over has increased dramatically after the ballot, King K. Rool would be another villain for the series. SourceGaming has some great articles showing that even in Japan, K. Rool is one of if not the top requested newcomers since the ballot, and people the world over took the Mii costume as a consolation prize.

The king is one of the few characters I’d almost put money on that he’d be in. Despite not having a main series game in a while, the fanbase for him is immense, and he’s gotten some cameos in a few games since his popularity was shown through the ballot.

Not to mention that Smash needs more love for the Donkey Kong universe and villains in general, K. Rool is one of the top choices all around.

1. Ridley

Universe: Metroid
First Game: Metroid (NES, 1986)

Another highly requested character who needs no introduction.

Ridley is one of the last recurring, unquestionably Nintendo characters who has yet to be playable in Smash. He’s made an appearance in every Smash game so far, from a stage element in the original, to a trophy and a part of the intro movie in Melee, to an adventure mode boss in Brawl, to an annoying stage hazard in SSB4, the only thing he hasn’t been is playable.

His biggest block to playability is Sakurai himself. In any other circumstance, he would be in, no question. Here’s hoping that he finally gets what he deserves.

Honorable mentions:
  • Return of Pokémon Trainer (i.e. Squirtle and Ivysaur)
  • Decloned Ganondorf based on Hyrule Warriors
That was fun...now I'm disappointed that some of them aren't getting in.

And I'm also seriously considering making a Dovahkiin thread...unless someone who's much better at threadmaking beats me to it...
Ok, so I've been mentally rearranging this for a while now, but after all of the good news from E3 (:ultpokemontrainer:!:ultridley:!:ultdaisy:!), I decided it was time to try again.

10. Ghirahim

First Game: Skyward Sword (Wii, 2011)

The Demon Lord has dropped a few places since last time, and he's been seen back as an assist for now. Still, a disconfirmation doesn't exclude him from being wanted.

I've never played Skyward Sword, so most of what I know of Ghirahim is from his fantastic Hyrule Warriors incarnation. His character takes the creepy campiness and plays with it, and more villainous characters is always a good thing. He's definitely one of the most memorable characters in the Zelda series because of his personality - I'd love to see him clapping for someone who beat him in a Smash game.

While Skyward Sword was his only main-line appearance, the same can be said for most Zelda characters who have interesting quirks. Hyrule Warriors has been released three separate times though, so he's definitely visible. Still, the Assist he currently has seems like a good representation and I'm happy with it.

9. Gardevoir

Universe: Pokémon
First Game: Ruby and Sapphire (GBA, 2002)

While I'm still not big on Gen 3, she's by far my favorite of the set. Her appearance so far has been as a Pokéball summon and then walking around with a barrier, but as a fairy-type, she has so much more potential. As yet, her Pokéball has not been seen, but it's most likely on the way.

Pokémon is pretty heavily represented in Smash, now that my absolute most hype veteran has returned with his team. While we sit and argue over a new Gen 7 mon, I still look back to the only mon from Gen 3 that kept my interest.

Still, she has sunk a few places from back in March, but I would still be happy to see her join.

8. Ivy Valentine

Universe: Soul Calibur (Namco)
First game: Soul Calibur (Arcade, 1998)
First Nintendo game: Soul Calibur II (GCN, 2003)

Now Ivy's actually moved up a few places.

I'm a bit more accepting to third parties now that every one has been confirmed to return, so I'll allow my ten-year-younger self to dream once again of an incredible whip-sword moveset. Soul Calibur was one of my favorite fighting games in college - my roommate and I would spend hours fighting each other - but the games have been going downhill. After the disappointment that was 4 and the disaster that was 5, it looked like Soul Calibur was done. But Soul Calibur 6 is rebooting the series and coming out early next year. Of course Ivy will be back to show herself off in battle in the new game.

While she's not the main character of the franchise (Siegfried/Nightmare) or even the main female character (Sophitia), Ivy's got the most unique possible moveset, and I'd love to be able to see her rematch Link after 15 years. I'm still wishing that fake leak about a SCVI Switch Port with Link returning was true.

7. Azura

Universe: Fire Emblem
First Game: Fates (3DS, 2015)

The first complete newcomer on my list.

Fates was...divisive, to say the least, and Corrin's inclusion as DLC for Smash didn't help things at all. Still, Azura was the major character that all of the marketing focused on.

But her greatest asset would be her moveset potential. Fire Emblem is more than just blue-haired swordsmen, they also have blue-haired axemen and lancers as well. A spear-based moveset would be fantastic to use, and her abilities as a dancer, aquamancer, and healer could all come in handy.

Aside from Fates, she also made an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes as a DLC character, even further showing off her moveset potential.

But for me, one of the best things about her is her name. Any character who shares a name with the Daedric Prince of Dusk and Dawn is bound to be awesome, right?

6. Revali

Revali's jumped up quite a few places since the last run here.

Again, his personality was unquestionably memorable throughout the game. True, Smash does have that personality on lock in the character of Falco, but his moveset potential could allow us to have both birds fight it out.

I'd love to see all of his arrow types used in Smash, particularly as the Rito are shown using the bomb arrows frequently in cutscenes. The Rito in general are a relatively newer Zelda race, and it could be fun to get a non-human Zelda character.

He can also easily draw parallels to fan-favorite Decidueye, another archer bird. Still, as Pokémon's 7th generation did not interest me much while BotW was incredible, it's easy to pick a side here.

It would feel wrong if only one or two of the champions got in rather than all four, but I would be okay with it as long as the ones I wanted got in first.
With as acclaimed as Breath of the Wild was, it definitely needs some representation in Smash, and changing the movesets of established characters could put off Link or Zelda mains.

5. Miles 'Tails' Prower

Universe: Sonic (Sega)
First game: Sonic 2 (Game Gear, 1992)
First Nintendo game: Sonic Advance (GBA, 2001)

Honestly, I can't believe I left him off of my first list.

Sonic 2 was my first video game, when I had it for the Genesis. I would always choose to play Tails since I liked him a bit better than Sonic. Most of me liking him simply comes from the fact that he was my first video game character.

Now that echo characters are accepted, I'd actually like to see Tails as a Sonic clone or semi-clone. In Sonic 2, Tails was able to do everything Sonic could - he also had the ability to fly by spinning his tails, which could easily be adapted into his moveset. Also, later games have given him a more technical-based personality, so he could also pull some of that. I'd prefer he be to Sonic as Wolf was - similar enough that development time is reduced, but still with unique aspects.

Of all of the third party characters in Smash, I feel that the Sonic series has the most history with Nintendo, first as bitter rivals and now joining up in Sports games. I would have no problem with Sonic taking a second character, and Tails would be a great choice.

4. Midna

First Game: Twilight Princess (GCN, 2006)

I loved Twilight Princess.

Each Zelda game has given their characters more and more personality, and with Midna it shows. Despite her game being 12 years old at this point, she's still an incredibly popular character. This can be seen in Smash - her game was freshest in Brawl, where she got a trophy and a few stickers. By Sm4sh, eight years after her game, she had been upgraded to assist. The only thing that brought her back into relevance was an appearance as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors, which released too soon to affect Smash in any way. Since then, she got two remakes of Hyrule Warriors and a Twilight Princess remake, which have excellently kept her in the spotlight for being a one-off.

Her likelihood is rather low since she was shown to remain as an assist trophy in Ultimate. Still, she is one of my favorite Zelda characters, and I would love to see a DLC patch which removes her assist for a playable version.

3. Urbosa

If we only get one champion, I want this one.

Urbosa's an incredible character, and her cutscenes are nothing short of awesome. I would love to see her using weapons from Gerudo in the whole series - twin scimitars or pulling a naginata out - to give some variety to her attacks, but it would be great to see. Her cutscene in the Champions' Ballad DLC also shows her to be proficient with the shield parries, which Link did not get of his new moveset but is a very important move in the game itself.

She's also make a great counterbalance to Ganondorf, especially as he has the Ocarina of Time design (and nose). As a heroic Gerudo, she'd be able to counter his evilness and show that not all Gerudo are bad. The return of the Gerudo Valley stage would only help her look at home.

Also, the new designs for Link and Zelda do not make use of the Divive Beasts, so her Final Smash would be perfectly set with Vah Naboris.

When I played through BotW, she was the last champion I encountered, but she quickly became my favorite. I'd love to see her join the fray.

2. King K. Rool

Universe: Donkey Kong
First Game: Donkey Kong Country (SNES, 1994)

Now that Ridley's in the game, he needs his partner in crime.

It's become a thing on the boards that Ridley and K.Rool go hand in hand. Possibly because they share a large portion of their respective fanbases, or because they are both reptilian villains from underrepresented western-focused series, there seems to be a natural rapport between the two.

With his massive worldwide popularity during the ballot, at least so far as anyone can surmise, he seems like a shoo-in, but I'll believe it when I see it. If Ultimate is really as fanservice-focused as it seems, we may finally get the villains we've been dreaming of for so long.

True, K.Rool has been out of the spotlight for ten years now, but it is interesting to consider that his Mii costume during the DLC era came out of nowhere - he wasn't a third party, or a character referenced by name, or a character who has graduated to series mascot. The only explanation is that his popularity during the ballot got him the costume, and hopefully it can carry him into the game.

Now, as Ridley is getting a Meta-Ridley alt costume, it stands to reason that K.Rool should also be getting his iconic Kaptain outfit from DKC2 as an alt.

1. Dovahkiin

Universe: The Elder Scrolls (Bethesda Softworks)
First Game: Skyrim (PC/XBOX/PS3, 2011)
First Nintendo Game: Skyrim (Switch, 2018)

Here's the problem with this game - it hypes me up for impossible characters.

Since I made this list the first time, I haven't been able to shake the idea of a playable Dragonborn. I wish that the Skyrim Switch port had been announced earlier, since I hadn't been considering him by the time that ballot ended in 2015, and there weren't a lot of third-parties at that point which also would have turned me away, so his chances are pretty negligible. Here's hoping that we can get another way to show support for DLC characters.

Still, I want to see Kirby with the Iron Helmet "Fus Ro Dah"ing enemies off of Battlefield. I want to see this guy fight Ridley and Charizard when both are under the effects of a Mushroom. I want to see Link and Dovahkiin finally cross blades after BotW took so much inspiration and Skyrim referenced Link's new look.

Honestly, if I got Dovahkiin in smash, I would accept literally anyone else. Including Shrek.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
01) Friggin' BLASTOISE - Would be the absolute best. Not possible, but would be the best.
02) Geno

Edit:

01)Geno
02) Blastoise
03) Dillon
04) King K Rool
05) Sukapon - I guess I can still vote for deconfirmed characters. It's actually hard to come up with 10 without them.
06) Marx
07) Bomberman
08) Shantae
09) Skull Kid
10) Mallow (Super Mario RPG) - LOL, gonna support Mallow if Geno gets in.

It feels really weird not including Ridley on one of these.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
To be honest, there arn‘t That many characters left that I really want added...

I guess I could try to force some of them into my list, but the only ones I really „want“ which are not deconfirmed are:

4. Ken Masters

3. Simon Belmont

2. Dixie Kong

1. King K Rool

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've been looking for a thread like this, and since Smash Ultimate has every veteran coming back + Daisy Ridley and Inkling (yes, there is no comma on purpose), I believe that Sakurai is actually listening to the fans this time around and the chances of certain characters has skyrocketed higher than ever before! And with the recent news of Smash Ultimate's project plan being made in December 2015, it certainly helps many of the ballot contenders a lot. With that in mind, here is my list of characters I would love to see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Honorable Mentions: Skull Kid, Banjo Kazooie (if Rare allows it), Rayman
Possible DLC: Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Rex and Pyrha, Crash Bandicoot

10. Waluigi - Although Waluigi has been confirmed to be an assist trophy, a part of me still believes that Waluigi could become a playable fighter in Smash Ultimate. There was a video that made a point that although Waluigi was in the Nintendo Direct presentation for the game, he didn't seem to appear in the E3 demo (correct me if I'm wrong). Although it is very unlikely he will be in at this point, I still have hope that he is playable someday in a Smash game, whether it's DLC or a new game (very unlikely for the latter, considering this may be Sakurai's last Smash game).

9. Captain Toad - Aside from Waluigi, the only big Mario representative we have left is Toad as a playable character, and Captain Toad fits in well by having a more defined personality and his own game to represent for. Maybe he could jump by using his pickaxe on the ground or something.

8. Bandanna Dee - As strange as his rise to fame as has been, Smash Ultimate could be the first game use a spear wielding character if he is in the game. Kirby could arguably use another rep at this point, and for some odd reason I always wanted to see a playable Waddle Dee, so Bandanna Dee is the only logical choice.

7. Isaac (Golden Sun) - A seemingly forgotten franchise and character that deserves another chance in the spotlight through Smash. Smash can benefit from more magic users in general. Some of my friends supported him during the Smash 4 speculation era when I was in high school, and I'd like to see him make a comeback.

6. Geno - Geno is a character with lots of potential and one of the ultimate statements of fan service. Super Mario RPG has a lot of nostalgia for me and my friends, and his character design has always been so appealing. Sakurai has wanted to include him in Brawl and Smash 4, and we've seen the Mii costume of him appear thanks to Square Enix's involvement in Smash 4. He is another character with a huge fan following, and I wouldn't mind seeing him make it into Smash Ultimate.

5. Ashley - A fairly recent character I've come to support in Smash, but one whose potential for unique moves and quirky character I've immediately come to appreciate. Wario needs more representation, and it would be as much as I would like to see Waluigi, Ashley is more likely to come to fruition. Her popularity is right near King K. Rool in my opinion. Sakurai also thinks highly of the character and she does have a dedicated fan following. She also got a Mii costume for Smash 4 which speaks to her popularity at least being acknowledged, kind of like King K. Rool.

4. Mona (WarioWare) - The closest thing to a dark horse candidate I probably have at this point. Mona is Wario's secret admirer and the second most important character in the WarioWare series for say. Although she doesn't seem to be as popular as Ashley in recent years, Mona still has importance to the series, having been in every game since the first game of the series. She even has an outfit to match Wario's biker outfit, and has many other outfits that could be alternate costumes. She has moveset potential based on her variety of jobs (pizza parlor, dumpling stand, artifact hunter, ice cream parlor girl, rock star, detective) as well as having a scooter and animals that assist her. Since fans want more female fighters and that Sakurai is implementing more female fighters to the series with Daisy, Inkling, and Female Pokemon Trainer, she is a good option and would fit in well with the rest of the female cast. The best case scenario is if both Mona and Ashley got in the roster.

3. Shadow the Hedgehog - Call me an edge lord, call me emo, but I think Shadow has a good chance of appearing as a playable character this time. With Knuckles being confirmed as an Assist Trophy and Shadow being strangely absent, I believe that Sakurai promoted him to become a playable character after shaking hands with his daddy Takashi Iizuka. Episode Shadow was the only mode I actually liked in Sonic Forces, and I wouldn't mind if he was an echo (with some key differences) or a unique character on his own. Plus, I'd like to make Shadow hold a ray gun for whenever I play the game with items.

2. Dixie Kong - The underrepresented DK franchise needs more reps, and Dixie Kong playing as a semi clone of Diddy Kong would be a great way to help show some more love for the games. If she was an echo of DIddy Kong, she would lose a lot of moveset potential. She's part of the classic trio of Kongs, appearing in more DKC games than Donkey Kong himself. Her return to the spotlight in Tropical Freeze was very pleasing for the fans of the series. She wasn't in Smash 4 and deserves to be in now.

1. King K. Rool - My absolute favorite video game villain. He was my first choice during Smash 4 speculation and he is still #1 in my mind today. I wanted him and Ridley in during that period, and with Ridley confirmed now, all I need is the Kremling King. The Donkey Kong Country series gives him an amazing set of moves to choose from. We also need more antagonists in Smash, and it works since he is the main antagonist of Donkey Kong. I've always loved his psychotic personality from the nostalgia of playing Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 (I still want to go back and play DKC2 and DKC3). As another vastly popular fan request, his chances have increased ten-fold. Since his Mii costume uses new assets and that the game's planning was finished in December 2015, months after the Smash Ballot concluded, the chances of him appearing in Smash are definitely in his favor this time around.

If King K. Rool and a few of my other choices from this list get in the game, the game will truly feel like the ultimate Smash game.
I appreciate the choices, but damn, you ripped a lot more directly out of my post than I first realized. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess?

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
1.Rayman
2.Wonder Red
3.Captain Toad
4.Andy (Advance Wars)
5.Chorus Men/Choir Boys/ANY Rhythm Heaven Rep
6.Mimikyu
-.Ridley
7.King K. Rool
8.Dixie Kong
9.Banjo & Kazooie
10.Bandanna Waddle Dee
Honorable mentions go to: Ashley, Isaac, Simon, and Geno

Now that I know my mains are Safe, Rayman is the one thing that could top that amount of hype for me. Slots 2 - 6 are characters I really want to play (two being the one I want the most) The last for are characters I want in the game, but not super strongly/I'd probably just go "neat, they're here" and move on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom