• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top 10 Most Wanted Newcomers for Smash Switch!

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
If you want a fire emblem character with a whip that will be Byleth. Ephraim and Dimitri have lances.

The first character associated with a whip that comes to mind is Ivy Valentine in my opinion. They can use her less exotic designs.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
1) Elenor Camuel - Phantasy Star Online
Elenor, to me, has the most memorable design of all of the archetype characters (an official RAcaseal figure was even released).​
I see her primarily using a variety of rare guns (Snow Queen, Spread Needle, Samba Maracas, Drill Launcher, Dark Meteor, etc.) for her specials and smash attacks , having her MAG (also called Elenor) spread or retract its 'wings' for some of her moves, and having Elenor trigger Photon Blast Estlla for her Final Smash. Just attacks (timing combos to improve attacks) could be her gimmick.​

2) Kevin Keene - Captain N and the Video Game Masters
May go against the '4th-party' rule, but as it's a gaming-adjacent character owned by Nintendo, I'm still running with it. There is so much potential in reviving the Captain N series to me, that getting a Smash acknowledgement for Kevin could potentially open a bigger door than I can see for anyone else. Personally, I'd like to see him reimagined into a more modern incarnation, but with the peripheral focus maintained. Give him his classic Zapper and Power Pad, but then add in a Ring-con, a Wii-U Tablet, a Balance Board, etc.​

3) Haruka Amami - The iDOLM@STER
This would serve to cover additional demographics we've yet to see in Smash, giving a rep that covers both the idol super-genre and rhythm-games. It would also serve to better introduce the series to the West and give Namco another rep.​

4) Alexandra Roivas - Eternal Darkness
The protagonist of Nintendo's first M-Rated game, a horror rep, and a character with a very versatile kit that includes guns, an enchanted blade, and Lovecraftian magick capable of creating barriers, summoning monsters, etc. Throw in an Ehn'gha stage with sanity effects and you're in for a good time. The game deserves the love, too. :-(​

5) Quinty - Quinty/Mendel Palace
Quinty is the first game created by Game Freak, and a fun little title that has most likely slipped under most peoples' radars. Quinty herself is an antagonist in the game, granted, but she still serves as the title character and has a more interesting kit than her brother Carton (the protagonist), IMO. Have her shuffle/flip the terrain in front of her to fight her opponents, jump around wildly, summon dolls, and maybe find some way to work in her transformation magick. Final Smash could be flipping a Sun Tile to cause the entire arena to shuffle. Since she was fleshed out a bit more in the manga that Ken Sugimori created, maybe add influences from that into her behaviour and aesthetics.​

6) Carmen Sandiego - Where is Carmen Sandiego?
A character who is fun, has legacy, and represents portions of the game industry currently lacking in Smash; edutainment and early PC gaming. There are a number of games they can reference for moveset potential, and they could find a fun way to incorporate her ability to steal absolutely anything that she sets her eyes on (regardless of logic). Then add a traveling stage that goes to different landmarks around the world at different eras to highlight some of her famous heists.​

7) Giana - The Great Giana Sisters
'Move over BROTHERS!!!' The series that started as an unsanctioned Mario port, then became a knock-off that poked the bear hard enough it had to be pulled, before ultimately being reinvinted decades later and getting an official release on Nintendo hardware. With the changes seen in Twisted Dreams, it has truly grown into its own these days. Using Giana's ability to Twist between Punk and Cute forms could be a fun gimmick. Have a dedicated Twist special and, as in Twisted Dreams, have her fireball rush instantly make her go punk and her pirouette shift her to cute form. Give the two forms different timing and weight to their moves, with Punk being stronger and faster, but more easily punished or something, and there's a lot of potential there. Throw in a stage from Twisted Dreams (Dread Dragon's Keep) that twists between the dream and nightmare worlds (either on a timer or alongside Giana) and paired music tracks that twist between Punk and Cute forms alongside it, and you'll have something pretty freaking cool.​

8) Sakura Shinguji - Sakura Wars
Sega has a lot of games that I feel deserve attention and a plethora of characters that I could go with, but outside of PSO, Sakura Wars is the series that stands out to me, personally. It is also another game that both has history on its side and which serves to cover an area Smash hasn't really explored yet; dating sims. Granted Sakura Wars is more than that (and Tokimeki Memorial may be a better choice just to cover that ground), but it's because it has more to it that it has so many options available to it. I'm not sure what the best way to incorporate her Koubu would be, but it would be a neat gimmick and she could call in the entirety of the Imperial Floral Assault Group as part of her final smash. Plus, we'd get "Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan!" in Smash, and that's just neat.​

9) Reimu Hakurei - Touhou Project
Reimu is... not high on my list of favourite characters from Touhou, granted, but she is the only realistic choice and the series does deserve the attention considering its following and longevity. Getting it more attention in the West would be a great thing to see, as well. She's got more than enough material to pull a dynamic moveset from, and if they give her partners as seen in some of the games, that opens up even more doors. Stage would most likely be the Hakurei shrine, which is kind of 'meh' TBH (Shining Needle Castle, Eientei, etc. would be more fun), but the cameos could make it worth it (Mima, Yukari, Suika, etc). We'd get new remixes either way though, and that's the most important thing. >_>​

10) Shantotto - Final Fantasy XI
I'd actually favour FFXIV representation overall since I have more of a personal attachment to it (and I love the music), but from the two FF MMOs, Shantotto has become the more obvious go-to for crossovers and, frankly, she's just fun. If XI mobile ever ends up coming to fruition, having her in Smash would be a good means to draw attention toward that as well. Between high-level magic spells, growing into a giant, and harassing everyone with her ojou-sama laugh, she'd be a great addition. Plus, I'd just really like to see an ORPG character get a slot, so aside from Elenor, I'd say give her a shot.​

Honorable Mentions:
  • Athena Asamiya
  • Cham Cham
  • Hildibrand Helidor Maximillian Manderville
  • Pyramid Head
  • Segata Sanshiro
  • Shantae
  • Skull Kid

Rupika or Rico would also be options I'd be perfectly fine with.
Rupika in particular since she is the second-most memorable and distinct archetype character in my opinion, and both Rangers and Forces stand out as affording more interesting kits than a Hunter would, IMO.

If it were to be a hunter, Rico is a great option since she has a full collection of weapons associated with her (saber, sword, partizan, slicer, daggers, pistol, and twin mech-guns), and actually does have major plot significance. That said, in PSO proper, her role lies in the backstory and we don't really see her in action - that only occurs in side-missions and AU content for other Phantasy Star games.

With all that being said, I'm afraid Ash would be the most likely character since he is front-and-center on all of the promotional material, and PSO2 Ash at that. Ash Canaan from PSO is... intentionally designed to be the most generic character he can be, and PSO2 Ash isn't even a character at all (he is the stand-in for the player's avatar in related media), so that's no bueno....

Haruka herself barely skates by the 'presence on Nintendo' rule due to having a secondary role in Dearly Stars on the Nintendo DS, but I'd be open to any of the idols, personally. I'd actually prefer some of the Cinderella Girls cast if it were feasible, but realistically, if it were to be one idol, it would be Haruka.

I could see them pulling a Bowser Jr. though and making one slot that contains multiple idols. If it were 4, then add Chihaya, Miki, and Makoto, while if it were 8, it could potentially also include Uzuki, Mio, Rin, and one of the DS cast.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Technically 11, but I already had this made so...
My smash ultimate dlc fighters 2.png

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With Fighters Pass 2 coming out, and the first (and maybe second?) character hopefully being announced within the next week or two, I'm wondering if anyone's most wanted has changed. Comparing it to last time I did this...

I feel like my list could use a serious overhaul, given that it's been close to a year and certain characters seem more feasible. (after all, we got Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros., and there's no longer only five spots plus a bonus Piranha Plant) I'm assuming that having a spirit doesn't rule a character out, but having an assist trophy does, and having a DLC Mii costume if they're not already in the game doesn't help.

10. Impa (The Legend of Zelda) - admittedly, this is more because I feel like Zelda is long overdue for a newcomer (if you view Toon Link as a reworked Young Link given their similarities, Zelda hasn't gotten a new character since 2001) and my main two choices (Midna and Skull Kid) are stuck as assist trophies. However, if they can base Impa on Hyrule Warriors (or use her Skyward Sword design and include some HW references), I think she'd work well and be a unique newcomer for Zelda (which it desperately needs, seeing as the only unique characters are Link, Zelda, and Sheik at the moment)

9. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) - give Suda what he wants!

8. Wonder Red (the Wonderful 101) - I love almost everything that Platinum Games has put out (even their licensed games, or at least Transformers Devastation and the Legend of Korra), and while I've had trouble getting into the Wonderful 101, it's just so charming that I want to go back to it some day. I'd love to see what they could do with Wonder Red in Smash, or what kind of a stage they could create for him.

7. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby) - he's adorable, and given the similarities between Smash Bros. and Kirby games, it wouldn't take a lot of effort to make him work. Plus, much like Impa, I feel like the Kirby series is long overdue for a newcomer at this point.

6. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) - he's the face of the franchise (or at least the only face of the franchise with a perfect attendance record), and out of the Tekken cast, he's probably my favourite to play as. (it's hard to be sure because there are so many gosh darn characters in that series) Plus, with Street Fighter and King of Fighters in the game, Tekken seems like a perfectly natural next step. (there's also Mortal Kombat, which would be cool, but I'm not sure whether Scorpion or Sub-Zero would be the better fit)

5. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X) - assuming that Rex isn't an option due to the Mii costume, I'd like to see Elma get into Smash. I don't want Xenoblade Chronicles X to be forgotten just because it was on the Wii U.

4. Rayman (Rayman) - I'm baffled that he hasn't been included already. They've got permission to use him for two games now, and yet he just gets a collectible or three.

3. Dante (from the Devil May Cry series) - I know that last time, I said that four Capcom characters might be overkill, but screw it - it's my most wanted list, not what's likely, and after playing through Devil May Cry 1-5, Dante would be a ton of fun to play as, regardless of whether they base him off of DMC3, 4, 5, or (if they want a more basic moveset) 1. They wouldn't have to make up moves for him to be included - the problem would be figuring out which moves to leave out!

2. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - I wasn't sure how likely Geno was before, with a Dragon Quest character seeming to be a huge roadblock. Now that we've got post-Fighter's Pass DLC characters, my first thought was that Geno seems pretty likely - his Mii costume was conspicuously absent, there's no longer a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest protagonist in his way, and I feel like the post-fighter's pass characters are going to be ones with a ton of fan demand, probably to the extent that even the developers didn't expect. Plus Geno and Bowser were my favourite party members in Mario RPG, so I'm a little biased.

1. Doomguy/The Doom Slayer (DOOM) - Bethesda/Id have been showing Nintendo a lot of love (including every single Doom game that I know of), we know that they've been in touch with Nintendo about Smash, and Doom has a lot of history behind it. (seeing as it popularized first person shooters) If Doomguy isn't number five on the Fighter's Pass, I'm hoping that he'll be one of the bonus DLC characters
...I'm surprised to see that there's only a few changes.

10. Bandanna Dee
9. Impa
8. 2B (Nier Automata)
7. Heihachi Mishima
6. Travis Touchdown
5. Elma
4. Rayman
3. Doomguy
2. Dante
1. Geno

My top three (Geno, Dante, and Doomguy) are constantly in flux, and I have no idea which one I want more than the other two. I guess Geno's gone up the list because I feel like, if we get a second newcomer reveal with the full announcement of the ARMS character, he'd be the one that I'd expect. In both E3 2018 and 2019, we got character reveals that were thought to be impossible, or at least unlikely, despite those characters having years if not decades of demand behind them (:ultridley: and :ultbanjokazooie:), and I'd hope that we could get something similar with Geno this year, even if it's technically not E3.

2B knocked Wonder Red off of the list because I've found Nier Automata to be much easier to get into than the Wonderful 101, and I feel like it would be easier for her to make the jump to Smash Bros. based on the gameplay of their respective games. Nier Automata might not have a presence on Nintendo consoles (I don't think there are any cameo appearances, but I'm not sure about that), but it's my top ten most wanted, not who I consider to be the most likely, and Joker was in a similar situation. (I highly doubt that he was added to promote Persona Q2)

EDIT: made an image to show how my top ten has changed over time, with each row being a different list. You can tell where Banjo was revealed, because I had been trying to keep it kind of realistic, and Banjo's reveal gave me the confidence that characters like Geno or Dante could make it in regardless of the circumstances that they were in.

If I even get two of these characters, I'd be satisfied with Fighters Pass 2.

EDIT: don't see a need to bump the thread, but as of October 3rd, both Heihachi and Travis Touchdown have been confirmed as Mii costumes. All things considered, that seems to be a sign that they're not going to be DLC in this game, so I'm adjusting my list.

10 --> 1

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Holy cow, it’s been less than a year? Alright, time for an update, in no particular order:

10. Cash Banooca: I got into the Crash train mainly with the N. Sane Trilogy, and there’s no way his moveset wouldn’t be different from other platform mascots, like Banjo or Mario (even if they would be just a teeny bit similar).
9. Adeleine and Ribbon (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards): After their reveal in Star Allies, I came to love the idea of these two being friends and working together. HAL clearly outdid themselves with how they actually play in Star Allies, and a moveset like that could easily translate into Smash (also they’re adorable shut up)
8. Byleth (Fire Emblem Three Houses): Say what you will about FE representation, but can I just say that Byleth has so much potential you’d probably see it on a boat? Sword of the Creator, faith magic, Battalions, a bit of brawling for his throws and aerials, etc.!
7. DeMille (Tomato Adventure): I’ve been in love with Tomato Adventure’s concept ever since I first discovered it back in April 2017. DeMille would be a fighter so out of this world, he’d be banned in tournaments and I’d be proud. Plus, I mainly want more people outside Japan to be aware of Tomato Adventure’s existence (I keep imagining a remake, but the original game’s unfortunately been dead since it first came out in 2002. Then again, Duck Hunt was out of the picture for 30 years before they got into Smash 4, so who knows? Sakurai’s known for raising irrelevant characters from their graves).
6. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club): With Famicom Detective Club getting a remake on the Switch (I hope it comes to the west), Ayumi’s risen back to relevance in not much time. A character similar to Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 but more combat-ready?
5. Slippy (Star Fox): Yes, one of the most annoying characters in Star Fox history is a character I unironically want as a character. Star Fox Guard shows that he doesn’t even need to be Fox Semi-Clone #84, having a whole array of gadgets to work with that can make him stand out plenty from the current Star Fox lineup.
Celica (Fire Emblem Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia): With a bit of time dedicated to Shadows of Valentia (which is well-written to boot), Celica slowly but surely became one of my favorite characters in gaming period. Plus, while not nearly on Byleth’s levels, she’s also got potential to be greatly unique; Mila’s Turnwheel and magic blending into Marth-like swordplay, how awesome does that sound? Again, say what you will about FE in Smash, but still.
Porky Minch (MOTHER/Earthbound series): Already a boss in Brawl, but not even seen in the Absolutely Safe Capsule’s Spirit or anything. Porky could take everything from across the two games he appears in (Yes, even his EarthBound self as a “normal” kid) and utilize it against his enemies in a cruel yet satisfying way (for the lack of a better term that I didn’t think of).
Artorias (Dark Souls): Now, I’ve never really played a Dark Souls game, per se, but ever since the old Google theory I’ve grown onto the concept of a fighter who could only use one arm (maybe if he actually was in the game, he’d be the Dunban Spirit Battle). Artorias could utilize not only the advantages he could take for only using his right hand, but also gain a little help from Sif.

Honorable Mention: Decidueye (I used to support the idea of Decidueye wholeheartedly even though I’m a fan of the Primarina line, but Incineroar kinda grew on me with time. I even did my own interpretations back in the speculation days. Maybe Decidueye could work as a Poké Ball summon?)

1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts): Much like Celica, Sora became one of my favorite video game characters ever. I became familiar with Kingdom Hearts back in 2012, but didn’t become a fan until mid 2015. Since then, I’ve treated Kingdom Hearts like a bit of a religion, buying 358/2 Days on the DS and Unchained χ back in 2016 and getting the HD remixes in 2017. The only ones I’ve yet to play are Re:Coded and KH3 (the latter more due to school work). Sora is a character who’s basically got the whole world going for him with moveset potential; Form Changes, Flowmotion, things like Strike Raid and Ragnarok among SO. MUCH. MORE. Thank you for coming to my fanboy TED Talk.
Well, time to update again. Especially with Byleth in! Decided to also slip in some links to support threads as well.
  1. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
  2. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
  3. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
  4. DeMille (Tomato Adventure)
  5. Adeleine and Ribbon (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
  6. Bandana Dee (Kirby: Return to Dream Land)
  7. Euden (Dragalia Lost)
  8. Dig Dug/Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)
  9. Crash Bandicoot (Cash Banooca)
  10. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Honorable mention I forgot to add: Min Min (ARMS)

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Well, I have my updated list now.
1. Shadow the Hedgehog
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Shovel Knight/Minato Arisato
4. The Knight/ Isaac
5. Geno/Alucard
6. Neku Sakuraba
7. Black Mage
8. Zero/Hayabusa
9. Chibi-Robo/Skull Kid
10. Monokuma/Gordon Freeman

UserKev

Smash Champion
10. Cranky Kong
9. Wart
8. Mr. Resetti
7. Decidueye
6. BoTW Zelda
5. Regular Waddle Dee
4. Captain Syrup
3. Doc Louis
2. Crash Bandicoot
1. Scorpion

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Difficult task. I am finally- for the first time since Brawl- at a very solid system, with 15 top characters from Nintendo, another 15 from Third party. But... combining them and limiting to ten? Let's see.

In no order.

Dixie Kong
Isaac
Chibi Robo
Lara Croft
Frogger
Crash
Rayman
Agumon
Sora
Scorpion

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
After some time yet again, here's more of a general series roster I made
Starters
  • :mario64:
  • :dk64:
  • :link64:
  • :samus64:
  • :yoshi64:
  • :kirby64:
  • :fox64:
  • :pikachu64:
Unlockables
  • :luigi64: (Stage fought: Peach's Castle)
    • Complete 1P Game as any character
    • Complete Board the Platforms with :mario64:
    • 25 Vs. Matches
  • :ness64: (Stage fought: Dream Land)
    • Complete 1P Game with 3+ lives and no continues
    • 50 Vs. Matches
  • :falcon64: (Stage fought: Planet Zebes)
    • Complete 1P Game within 20 minutes without continues
    • 75 Vs. Matches
  • :052: (Meowth) (Stage fought: Saffron City)
    • Complete Target Test and Board the Platforms as all starters
    • Complete 1P Game as all starters
    • 100 Vs. Matches
Starters
  1. :mariomelee:
  2. :dkmelee:
  3. :linkmelee:
  4. :samusmelee:
  5. :yoshimelee:
  6. :kirbymelee:
  7. :foxmelee:
  8. :pikachumelee:
  9. :nessmelee:
  10. :falconmelee:
  11. :peachmelee:
  12. :bowsermelee:
  13. :icsmelee:
  14. :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee:
  15. :212: (Scizor)
Unlockables
  1. :luigimelee: (Stage fought: Mushroom Kingdom II)
    • Complete Stage 1 of Adventure Mode with the time ending in a ":X2" in the second's slot, then defeat :luigimelee::peachmelee: in less than a minute and clear the rest of the mode
    • 10 Vs. Matches on Mushroom Kingdom
    • 100 Vs. Matches
  2. :052: (Stage fought: Pokémon Stadium)
    • Complete Event Match #37
    • Summon 100 Poke Ball Pokémon
    • 200 Vs. Matches
  3. Ayumi Tachibana (Stage fought: Onett)
    • Unlock 100 different Trophies
    • 300 Vs. Matches
  4. :falcomelee: (Stage fought: Battlefield)
    • Clear 100-Man Melee
    • 400 Vs. Matches
  5. :marthmelee: (Stage fought: Fountain of Dreams)
    • Clear Classic or Adventure Mode as all starters without continuing
    • Play Vs. Matches at least once with all 15 starters
    • 500 Vs. Matches
  6. :younglinkmelee: (Stage fought: Great Bay)
    • Clear Classic or Adventure Mode with 20 characters
    • Clear Classic Mode as :linkmelee: on Hard+
    • 600 Vs. Matches
  7. :ganondorfmelee: (Stage fought: Hyrule Temple)
    • Clear Event Match #29
    • Clear Adventure Mode as :linkmelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee: on Hard+
    • 700 Vs. Matches
  8. :mewtwomelee: (Stage fought: Final Destination)
    • Play for a total of 15 hours
    • Summon a Legendary Pokémon 75 times
    • 800 Vs. Matches
  9. :roymelee: (Stage fought: Hyrule Temple)
    • Clear Classic or Adventure Mode as :marthmelee: on Hard+ without continuing
    • Clear every bonus game in Classic Mode as :marthmelee:
    • 900 Vs. Matches
  10. :gawmelee: (Stage fought: Flat Zone)
    • Clear Classic or Adventure Mode as all other characters
    • Clear Target Test as all other characters
    • Clear 50 Event Matches
    • 1000 Vs. Matches
Starters
  1. :mario2:
  2. :dk2:
  3. :link2:
  4. :samus2:/:zerosuitsamus:
  5. :yoshi2:
  6. :kirby2:
  7. :fox:
  8. :pikachu2:
  9. :peach:
  10. :bowser2:
  11. :popo:
  12. :sheilda:
  13. :metaknight:
  14. :pit:
  15. :wario:
  16. :snake:
  17. :ike:
  18. :charizard:
  19. :diddy:
  20. :lucas:
  21. :dedede:
  22. :olimar:
Unlockables
  1. :luigi2: (Stage fought: Luigi's Mansion)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear Classic Mode with no continues
    • 100 Vs. Matches
  2. :ness2: (Stage fought: Onett)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Reflect 10 projectiles
    • 200 Vs. Matches
  3. :falcon:(Stage fought: :porttown:)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear Classic mode on Normal+ within 12 minutes
    • 300 Vs. Matches
  4. :052: (Stage fought: :ps2:)
    • After beating SSE, head to the Ruined Zoo and run away from the Pig King Statue without losing a life; you'll fight Meowth instead of Porky, and winning ends the level there
    • Clear 20 Event Matches
    • 400 Vs. Matches
  5. :falco: (Stage fought: Corneria)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear 100-Man Brawl
    • 500 Vs. Matches
  6. :marth: (Stage fought: :castlesiege:)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear Classic Mode on Normal+ as any character
    • 600 Vs. Matches
  7. :ganondorf: (Stage fought: :eldin:)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear Classic Mode as :link2::zelda: on Hard+
    • 700 Vs. Matches
  8. :mewtwomelee: (Stage fought: Pokémon Stadium)
    • After beating SSE, head to the end of the Path to the Ruins without losing a life; you'll fight Mewtwo instead of Wario
    • Clear Boss Battles on Hard+
    • 800 Vs. Matches
  9. :roymelee: (Stage fought: Temple)
    • After beating SSE, head to the end of the Wilds I without losing a life; you'll fight Roy instead of Galleom
    • Clear Classic Mode as :ike::marth: on Hard+
    • 900 Vs. Matches
  10. :gw: (Stage fought: :flatzone2:)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Clear Target Smash with 20+ characters
    • 1000 Vs. Matches
  11. :sonic: (Stage fought: :greenhill:)
    • Defeat Tabuu in SSE
    • Clear Classic Mode with 10+ characters
    • Play 10 hours of Vs. Matches
    • 1100 Vs. Matches
  12. :lucario: (Stage fought: :spearpillar:)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Complete Target Smash on all difficulties with any character
    • Get 5 KO's in Cruel Brawl
    • 1200 Vs. Matches
  13. :rob: (Stage fought: Mario Bros.)
    • Recruit in SSE
    • Collect 200 different Trophies
    • 1300 Vs. Matches
  14. :toonlink: (Stage fought: :pirateship:)
    • After beating SSE, head to the Lake; you'll fight Toon Link instead of Rayquaza, and winning ends the level there
    • Clear Classic Mode as :link2::zelda::ganondorf: without continuing
    • 1400 Vs. Matches
  15. :wolf: (Stage fought: :lylat:)
    • After beating SSE, head to the end of the Glacier without losing a life; you'll fight Wolf instead of Meta Knight/Lucario
    • Clear Boss Battles on any difficulty
    • 1500 Vs. Matches
Starters
  1. :4mario:
  2. :4dk:
  3. :4link:
  4. :4samus:
  5. :4yoshi:
  6. :4kirby:
  7. :4fox:
  8. :4pikachu:
  9. :4luigi:
  10. :4falcon:
  11. :4peach:
  12. :4bowser:
  13. :4sheik:
  14. :4zelda:
  15. :4marth:
  16. :4pit:
  17. :4wario:
  18. :4myfriends:
  19. :4charizard:
  20. :4diddy:
  21. :4sonic:
  22. :4dedede:
  23. :4olimar:
  24. Snivy
  25. :4villager:
  26. :4megaman:
  27. :4wiifit:
  28. :4littlemac:
  29. :4mii::4miif:
    • :4miibrawl:
    • :4miisword:
    • :4miigun:
  30. :4palutena:
  31. :4robinm:
  32. :4shulk:
Unlockables
  1. :4ness: (Stage fought: Magicant / Onett)
    • Reflect 10 projectiles
    • Clear Classic Mode on 2.0+
    • 10 Vs. Matches
  2. :052: (Stage fought: Unova Pokémon League / Kalos Pokémon League)
    • Defeat 100 enemies in Smash Run (3DS only)
    • Collect at least 50 different pieces of equippment
    • 20 Vs. Matches
  3. :212: (Stage fought: Prism Tower / Kalos Pokémon League)
    • Summon a Poké Ball Pokémon 100 times
    • Summon a Master Ball Pokémon 50 times
    • 30 Vs. Matches
  4. :4falco: (Stage fought: Corneria / Orbital Gate Assault)
    • Clear 100-Man Smash
    • 40 Vs. Matches
  5. :4ganondorf: (Stage fought: Gerudo Valley / Skyloft)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4link: :4zelda::4sheik: on 5.5+
    • 50 Vs. Matches
  6. :4gaw: (Stage fought: :flatzone2:)
    • Clear Classic Mode with 10+ characters
    • 60 Vs. Matches
  7. :4metaknight: (Stage fought: Dream Land GB/ :halberd:)
    • Get 5 KO's in Cruel Smash
    • 70 Vs. Matches
  8. :4zss: (Stage fought: Brinstar / Pyrosphere)
    • Get 30 KO's with Samus's Final Smash
    • Defeat Ridley on the Pyrosphere stage (Wii U only)
    • 80 Vs. Matches
  9. :4lucario: (Stage fought: Unova Pokémon League / Hyrule Temple)
    • Get 30 combined KO's with :4charizard:'s and :212:'s Final Smashes
    • Outlast to up to 300% damage
    • 90 Vs. Matches
  10. :rosalina: (Stage fought: Golden Plains / Mario Galaxy)
    • Get a successful recovery as :4littlemac: 5 times
    • 100 Vs. Matches
  11. :4greninja:(Stage fought: Prism Tower / Kalos Pokémon League)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4charizard: and Snivy on 6.0+
    • Clear a Final Battle in Smash Run without taking damage
    • 125 Vs. Matches
  12. :4darkpit: (Stage fought: Reset Bomb Forest / Palutena's Temple)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4pit: and :4palutena: on 5.5+
    • 150 Vs. Matches
  13. :4pacman: (Stage fought: PAC-MAZE / PAC-LAND)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4mario::4megaman::4sonic: on 5.5+
    • Eat 50 Ghosts on PAC-MAZE (3DS only)
    • 200 Vs. Matches
  14. :chrom: (Stage fought: Arena Ferox / Coliseum)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4marth: on 5.5+
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4robinm: on 5.5+
    • 300 Vs. Matches
  15. :4bowserjr:(Stage fought: 3D Land / Delfino Plaza)
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4bowser: on 6.0+
    • Clear Classic Mode as :4peach: on 6.0+
    • 400 Vs. Matches
  16. :4duckhunt: (Stage fought: Duck Hunt)
    • Clear Target Blast as all other characters
    • Clear Classic Mode as all other characters on 6.0+
    • Unlock every Masterpiece (Wii U only)
    • 500 Vs. Matches
DLC Pack 1
  1. :4mewtwo:
  2. Ayumi Tachibana
    • Stage: Fourside
DLC Pack 2
  1. :4ryu:
    • Stage: Suzaku Castle
  2. :4lucas: