• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Zelda Support Thread: Hope Springs Eternal

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Toon Zelda or Tetra would be welcome additions indeed. At least for me they do.

Kinda makes me wish transformations was still a thing as I would have loved to see them both in but oh well..... I do understand why they took it out though....
How would Toon Zelda fare against matches up against :4zelda:?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How would Toon Zelda fare against matches up against :4zelda:?
Well I guess it depends on how balanced these two would be. Although if Toon Zelda is faster than Zelda then I'd imagine she'd probably have an easier time landing a hit on her, but since she'd be lighter target, a well timed hit from Zelda might turn the tides.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well I guess it depends on how balanced these two would be. Although if Toon Zelda is faster than Zelda then I'd imagine she'd probably have an easier time landing a hit on her, but since she'd be lighter target, a well timed hit from Zelda might turn the tides.
Do you think Toon Zelda players will have tough time with :4falcon:?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How about match ups against her ally :4tlink:? Or characters with quirky attacks like :4villager:?
Hmm.... perhaps you could list me all the characters you would like me to know how I think she could fare with eh?

Anyway, if Toon Link is as good as he was in Brawl (Which from what I've heard, he seems to be shaping up pretty well so far) Then he might pose a good challenge, but since he also has an arsenal of projectiles with him, I think she would at least be able to block them out with Nayru's Love to some extend (or just by shielding/dodging well I guess). As for Villager, If Toon Zelda's Phantom Slash works by her going inside of the suit and then performing her slash, then I don't think she really needs to worry about the Villager pocketing any of her own projectiles. (Unless he can also pocked Dins Fire which I have no idea if he can...)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hmm.... perhaps you could list me all the characters you would like me to know how I think she could fare with eh?

Anyway, if Toon Link is as good as he was in Brawl (Which from what I've heard, he seems to be shaping up pretty well so far) Then he might pose a good challenge, but since he also has an arsenal of projectiles with him, I think she would at least be able to block them out with Nayru's Love to some extend. As for Villager, If Toon Zelda's Phantom Slash works by her going inside of the suit and then performing her slash, then I don't think she really needs to worry about the Villager pocketing any of her own projectiles. (Unless he can also pocked Dins Fire which I have no idea if he can...)
Ok.

:4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4olimar::4mii::4zss::4yoshi::4wiifit::4sonic::rosalina::4samus::4robinm:/:4robinf::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4bowser::4charizard:

I know it is a lot of characters, but these are the ones that I wonder.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ok.

:4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4olimar::4mii::4zss::4yoshi::4wiifit::4sonic::rosalina::4samus::4robinm:/:4robinf::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4bowser::4charizard:

I know it is a lot of characters, but these are the ones that I wonder.
So.... almost everyone who has been confirmed so far? Eh I guess that would probably take a while but I suppose I could give my thoughts if I have more time....

Although I'm not sure if any of it would be at all accurate though as she hasn't been confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Captain Falcon? Well if he's as good as he was in Melee rather then Brawl then I suppose Toon Zelda players might have a bit of a tough time with him...
I agree. Since they would be both pretty quick characters, I think Toon Zelda's best chance would be to try and outmaneuver Captain Falcon before finding the best moment to give him a hit.

n88

Smash Lord
I don't think we can say how Toon Zelda's match-ups would go, given that match-ups depend heavily on implementation details, and we don't even know that she's in the game yet! You might be able to reason out how the match would go in vague terms, but even that's mostly conjecture.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think we can say how Toon Zelda's match-ups would go, given that match-ups depend heavily on implementation details, and we don't even know that she's in the game yet! You might be able to reason out how the match would go in vague terms, but even that's mostly conjecture.
Yeah true, as she hasn't been confirmed yet and we haven't really seen the rest of the cast in full detail, we can't really do much else besides making a number of baseless speculations or looking into how these characters fared into previous installments. Which wouldn't really be all that accurate to the new games due to a different physics engine and balance and all.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
After seeing the Picture of the Day last night, I came up with another clue that could possibly hint at Toon Zelda's inclusion.

We all know about the Phantom Trophy, right? If any of us didn't after seeing it in the 3DS trailer, we certainly know it's there now. You should notice that the trophy resembles the Phantom from Spirit Tracks more so than Zelda's Phantom Slash does. I was wondering why they didn't just use the model they had already created for Zelda, then I looked at an older Picture of the Day.

A quote from Sakurai's picture of the Saria trophy in a Picture of the Day a few months ago caught my attention after thinking about this. He says that there will be trophies in the 3DS and Wii U games, and each version will boast different types and models. That quote suggests that there will be trophies between each version that are similar; they may even have the same text of trivia.

I believe it's a possibility that the Wii U version of Smash 4 will have Zelda's Phantom model as a trophy, while the 3DS version will have the model that more closely resembles the original from Spirit Tracks. I also think it's possible that the model seen in the most recent Pic of the Day (for future viewers, that's August 7th) could in fact be the same model used in Toon Zelda's version of the Phantom Slash move, assuming she's on the roster.

After getting a closer look at the Phantom Trophy on the 3DS version of Smash, I thought of this. Some might think it's a long shot, but Sakurai is known for leaving subtle hints regarding unconfirmed newcomers. Palutena being the prime example of this.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think the thing boding well for her the most is that Sakurai is apparently looking and bringing back things he couldn't include into Brawl due to time constraints, technical issues and whatever other problems there where out there during the time.

Stuff such as Kirby's new side special, battle damage for certain characters like Meta Knight and Little Mac and the return of Dr. Mario.

So assuming that leaked roster isn't the full roster, I think she as well as Mewtwo and Dixie Kong have a good shot of making it in this time. Unless she gets Lucina'd and replaced by Tetra or something. (Yeah I don't think we would be seeing Roy back though....)

But who knows at this point I guess.

n88

Smash Lord
We saw some good speculation here, folks, but it looks like the jig is up. Barring DLC characters or some other kind of roster supplement with the Wii U edition, we won't be seeing Toon Zelda this time around. I think she would have been a better clone pick than a couple of the ones we got, but we were short on Mario/FE characters (intense sarcasm), so it didn't pan out. Better luck in the next Smash, everyone!

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
We saw some good speculation here, folks, but it looks like the jig is up. Barring DLC characters or some other kind of roster supplement with the Wii U edition, we won't be seeing Toon Zelda this time around. I think she would have been a better clone pick than a couple of the ones we got, but we were short on Mario/FE characters (intense sarcasm), so it didn't pan out. Better luck in the next Smash, everyone!
I'm definitely going to miss speculating for Toon Zelda. I was hoping to see Toon Link get a partner this time around. I believe that I came up with the most evidence, reasoning, and logic that showcased Toon Zelda's likelihood at being playable even when people just ignored the fact that she was a lot more possible than they thought. We didn't get any new Zelda representative though, so I'll know in my mind that Toon Zelda was always the most likely addition to the Zelda side of the roster, even if she ultimately didn't happen in the end. Hopefully Nintendo will announce DLC characters soon, and if not I'll definitely be around during Smash 5 to give my support to the character who deserves to be playable just as much as any potential Zelda candidate, if not more.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, people tend to give Toon Zelda the biggest hard time but I certainly would have taken her over certain other clones we've actually received but alas, guess Toon Link will be fighting alone once more without his Princess sidekick nor his Pirate gal by his side. (Well I'm at least happy Toon Link himself stuck around)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Won't be getting my hopes up too high but I do have a little hope for her left...in the form of DLC. :p

I also think she would've been a better clone pick over some of the ones we did end up getting.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Toon Zelda support thread has been reopened. I thought you two might have wanted to discuss her a bit more @ Scamper52596 Scamper52596 @ n88 n88

I'm working on a potential semi clone moveset for her as I thought I should probably discuss it with you if you wanted to.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Definitely! Toon Zelda is still one of my top most wanted characters (Feeling very nostalgic right now). I believe if we get a Zelda character for DLC Toon Zelda has a really good chance for various reasons, but I'll save that for when I rate her in the Rate Their Chances thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as a potential moveset. I've got a couple ideas myself.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Definitely! Toon Zelda is still one of my top most wanted characters (Feeling very nostalgic right now). I believe if we get a Zelda character for DLC Toon Zelda has a really good chance for various reasons, but I'll save that for when I rate her in the Rate Their Chances thread.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as a potential moveset. I've got a couple ideas myself.
I think something that is looking up for her is the fact that we got Dr.Mario, Mewtwo and most likely Roy back into the games. All three of these characters where planned for Brawl but couldn't make it in due to time constraints. And among them was Toon Zelda.

I think what this is potentially showing us is that Sakurai is still interested in reviving the characters he couldn't implement into Brawl (and most probably Smash 4 itself) and is making up for it for these games which is understandable as Sakurai has a track record of bringing back characters he wished to include in previous installments but ended up reviving for later games instead. (Examples are Lucas, King Dedede, Mewtwo, Wario etc) as well as many features and modes he couldn't implement in previous games ended up making it into later installments, (The Final Smash, 8-Player Smash, Kirby's new side special and battle damage)

And sure, I'll post my idea's very soon. ^^

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Yuss Toon Zelda. Didn't see this until it reopened.

Anyways, I had some thoughts for Toon Zelda, but they might've been stated before.

I'm pretty sure we all know toon link and link aren't full out clones, and I'd expect the same with Toon Zelda. If we take a look, most of toon links normals are completely different than of link, but specials are pretty much exactly the same. It would be the opposite for Toon Zelda, her normals would be mostly the same, thus keeping the lightning kicks, awesome spike etc., but her specials would be different. I haven't really thought what her specials would be, but it would probably have most to do with what she does in wind waker/spirit tracks. For instance, her up-b could be her turning into phantom Zelda, and she'd float in whatever direction, similar with lucarios up-b. I know a lot of people want her to be able to transform into tetra, but this isn't happening because the split between Zelda and shiek was because the 3ds couldn't handle it, and itd be much the same with Toon Zelda. I still don't have much of an idea what her specials would be if her specials end up being different, but what would any of you think?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well here's what I have for her potential playstyle, it's under the spoiler tag.
Much like Toon Link is a weaker but speedier alternative from Link, I'd expect Toon Zelda to follow a similar principle from Zelda.

Whilst Zelda's attacks may be a bit slower but hit harder, Toon Zelda's playstyle consists of her attacks being weaker but quicker thus racking up more damage quicker than her more realistic counterpart.

Special moves.
Neutral Special: Nayru's Love.
Instead of reflecting projectiles like Zelda's Nayru's Love. This one actually heals you if you get hit with them.
Up Special: Farore's Wind.
Works kinda like Zelda's Farore's Squall custom move as it show's a trail to where she's moving but it also allows you to have more control to where you spawn much like Lucario's up special.
Side Special: Din's Fire.
This works like a mix between Zelda's Din's Blaze custom move and Tabuu's bomb attack from Brawl. As in Toon Zelda can plant up to three time bombs a short distance away and then have them all blow up in succession. It's weaker than Zelda's Din's fire but it covers more range.
Down Special: The Phantom Slash
Instead of summoning a Phantom like Zelda does. Toon Zelda will actually enter the Phantom itself and then perform a slash onto her opponent. This one is interesting as this version cannot be reflected by opponents and unlike Zelda you can have it explode if you want to exit it sooner. Useful in order to keep any nearby opponents at bay. However by blowing up the Phantom you won't be able to summon another one until a certain period of time has passed. May also be useful for recoveries.

Smash attacks.
Up Smash
Whilst Zelda does an upper wave of magic twice in order to rack up a bit of damage. Toon Zelda will only perform one strong one. (Much like Toon Link does between Link)
Side Smash
Perform's more or less the same as Zelda
Down Smash
Due to Toon Zelda's smaller Legs, instead of performing a downward kick like Zelda does, she will cross her arms instead and then perform a magic slash on both sides below her.
Neutral jab
Unlike Zelda. Toon Zelda can perform a rapid jab. She kinda does it in a similar way as Mewtwo does it.

Air attacks.
Up air.
She performs an explosion above her much like Zelda does.
Side air.
Unlike the kick Zelda does. Toon Zelda perform's a quick magic slash to the front.
Back air
She performs a backward's explosion (a pretty useful kill move too)
Down air
She summon's a Triforce downwards (Works like Rosalina's down air)
Neutral air
Work's more or less the same as Zelda's. Perhaps it may causes some additional magic in order to cover a bit more range.

tilts
Down tilt
She performs it in a similar way as Peach does with some magic to cover a bit more range too.
Side tilt
Works more or less the same as Zelda's
Up tilt
Works the same as Zelda's too.

Final Smash
Light Arrows
Considering Sakurai's track record. It would most likely work the same as the other's. But I think it would be pretty neat if it added a little twist and did it like how the Light Arrows worked in Spirit Tracks and have her shoot three Light Arrows at once instead.

I think that's most of what I could come up with. Whilst still based off Zelda's moveset. I tried my best to differentiate her from her realistic counterpart as much as possible. Feel free to let me know what you think.

@ Shrokatii Shrokatii Your avatar makes me wish that if Toon Zelda did make it in. That she may also have her Four Swords design as her alt. :p

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well here's what I have for her potential playstyle, it's under the spoiler tag.
Much like Toon Link is a weaker but speedier alternative from Link, I'd expect Toon Zelda to follow a similar principle from Zelda.

Whilst Zelda's attacks may be a bit slower but hit harder, Toon Zelda's playstyle consists of her attacks being weaker but quicker thus racking up more damage quicker than her more realistic counterpart.

Special moves.
Instead of reflecting projectiles like Zelda's Nayru's Love. This one actually heals you if you get hit with them.
Works kinda like Zelda's Farore's Squall custom move as it show's a trail to where she's moving but it also allows you to have more control to where you spawn much like Lucario's up special.
This works like a mix between Zelda's Din's Blaze custom move and Tabuu's bomb attack from Brawl. As in Toon Zelda can plant up to three time bombs a short distance away and then have them all blow up in succession. It's weaker than Zelda's Din's fire but it covers more range.
Instead of summoning a Phantom like Zelda does. Toon Zelda will actually enter the Phantom itself and then perform a slash onto her opponent. This one is interesting as this version cannot be reflected by opponents and unlike Zelda you can have it explode if you want to exit it sooner. Useful in order to keep any nearby opponents at bay. However by blowing up the Phantom you won't be able to summon another one until a certain period of time has passed. May also be useful for recoveries.

Smash attacks.
Up Smash
Whilst Zelda does an upper wave of magic twice in order to rack up a bit of damage. Toon Zelda will only perform one strong one. (Much like Toon Link does between Link)
Side Smash
Down Smash
Due to Toon Zelda's smaller Legs, instead of performing a downward kick like Zelda does, she will cross her arms instead and then perform a magic slash on both sides below her.
Neutral jab
Unlike Zelda. Toon Zelda can perform a rapid jab. She kinda does it in a similar way as Mewtwo does it.

Air attacks.
Up air.
Side air.
Unlike the kick Zelda does. Toon Zelda perform's a quick magic slash to the front.
Back air
Down air

tilts
Down tilt
She performs it in a similar way as Peach does with some magic to cover a bit more range too.
Side tilt
Front tilt

Final Smash
Light Arrows
Considering Sakurai's track record. It would most likely work the same as the other's. But I think it would be pretty neat if it added a little twist and did it like how the Light Arrows worked in Sprit Tracks and have her shoot three Light Arrows at once instead.

I think that's most of what I could come up with. Whilst still based off Zelda's moveset. I tried my best to differentiate her from her realistic counterpart as much as possible. Feel free to let me know what you think.

@ Shrokatii Shrokatii Your avatar makes me wish that if Toon Zelda did make it in. That she may also have her Four Swords design as her alt. :p
These are interesting ideas. One bad thing I'd think for her new down special is she'd go into freefall. and her side special would basically work like how zeldas used to in pm? That'd be really awesome actually, but I'm not sure if it'd make it in, but who knows

And yeah, it'd be really cool of she got a four swords adventures alternate costume, or possibly a princess Hilda

n88

Smash Lord
I thought about this thread the other day, but clean forgot to pop back in and get things started up again! Thanks for the assist there.

With DLC up and running, Toon Zelda's back in the game. One thing I'm curious about is the fact that she'd be a clone (perhaps somewhat differentiated, but she's bound to be pretty clone-y). I feel like buying a clone isn't going to be a big draw for a lot of people, and that may affect her chances of getting made. Unlike Roy and Lucas (who I don't really consider a clone but would inevitably be brought up in this conversation anyway), she doesn't have the "removed veteran" thing working for her.

Yuss Toon Zelda. Didn't see this until it reopened.

Anyways, I had some thoughts for Toon Zelda, but they might've been stated before.

I'm pretty sure we all know toon link and link aren't full out clones, and I'd expect the same with Toon Zelda. If we take a look, most of toon links normals are completely different than of link, but specials are pretty much exactly the same. It would be the opposite for Toon Zelda, her normals would be mostly the same, thus keeping the lightning kicks, awesome spike etc., but her specials would be different. I haven't really thought what her specials would be, but it would probably have most to do with what she does in wind waker/spirit tracks. For instance, her up-b could be her turning into phantom Zelda, and she'd float in whatever direction, similar with lucarios up-b. I know a lot of people want her to be able to transform into tetra, but this isn't happening because the split between Zelda and shiek was because the 3ds couldn't handle it, and itd be much the same with Toon Zelda. I still don't have much of an idea what her specials would be if her specials end up being different, but what would any of you think?
I'd guess that most changes from Zelda to Toon Zelda would be centered around adapting Zelda's hitboxes and animations to Toon Zelda's smaller frame. That's where most of the differences between Link and Toon Link originate. Much like Toon Link trades out a lot of kicking moves for sword slashes, I could see some more/larger magic hitboxes taking the place of most of Zelda's kicking moves. (or being used to extend their range somewhat)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
These are interesting ideas. One bad thing I'd think for her new down special is she'd go into freefall. and her side special would basically work like how zeldas used to in pm? That'd be really awesome actually, but I'm not sure if it'd make it in, but who knows

And yeah, it'd be really cool of she got a four swords adventures alternate costume, or possibly a princess Hilda
Well I do hope we'd get to see a number of differences for her though.

Yeah her Four Swords/Adventures or the A Link Between Worlds Zelda/Hilda as alts would be pretty neat to see for Toon Zelda.
I thought about this thread the other day, but clean forgot to pop back in and get things started up again! Thanks for the assist there.

With DLC up and running, Toon Zelda's back in the game. One thing I'm curious about is the fact that she'd be a clone (perhaps somewhat differentiated, but she's bound to be pretty clone-y). I feel like buying a clone isn't going to be a big draw for a lot of people, and that may affect her chances of getting made. Unlike Roy and Lucas (who I don't really consider a clone but would inevitably be brought up in this conversation anyway), she doesn't have the "removed veteran" thing working for her.

I'd guess that most changes from Zelda to Toon Zelda would be centered around adapting Zelda's hitboxes and animations to Toon Zelda's smaller frame. That's where most of the differences between Link and Toon Link originate. Much like Toon Link trades out a lot of kicking moves for sword slashes, I could see some more/larger magic hitboxes taking the place of most of Zelda's kicking moves. (or being used to extend their range somewhat)
Hah, you might want to change the thread title then n88_2004 ^^

Well one thing they could do is bundle her up with some more content like a new Wind Waker based stage and/or some more alternate costumes for the Zelda characters. Or if it's at all possible. Bundle her up with Tetra as a playable character too if they can. The new Great Sea and Title Screen theme sounds like something I can see just perfectly in a Tetra & Toon Zelda reveal trailer.

And I agree. Much like with Toon Link, some of the moves I'd most certainly see changed are the kick's that Zelda performs for much of the same reasons of why Toon Link's got changed between Link.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
@ Shrokatii Shrokatii
Glad you found the thread. I think most of her normal attacks would be similar with maybe a couple differences. I feel like one or two of her aerials could get switched up. Maybe she could retain the Lightning Kick for her Back Air, but have something different for her Forward Air. I was thinking her Up Aerial could have a bit more vertical range and less horizontal range, effectively making more of an arrow like shape.
I'm not sure her Specials would be completely different, but I think they should have different properties. At least more so than Link and Toon Link, maybe more like Ness and Lucas.

@ Curious Villager Curious Villager
That's pretty good. We basically had the same thing in mind for her Neutral Jab and Side Special. Your idea for her Nayru's Love is interesting. Would it be like Ness's in which it could only absorb energy based attacks? That would be neat. My thought was that it could actually draw items in instead of reflecting them similar to Rosalina's Gravitational Pull. Maybe it could be a combination of both our ideas? Nullify projectiles like Link's arrow, but draw in and absorb energy based projectiles for healing damage such as Link's bombs.
Your thoughts on the Phantom Slash are definitely better than what I was thinking. My version was basically the Phantom being smaller, but traveling farther than Zelda's after fully charging it. I like your Farore's Wind idea as well since I couldn't figure out how they could make it different.

@ n88 n88
It's great that you're back.
Just like what Curious Villager said, if Toon Zelda was bundled with other content she would definitely sell. I also think she would sell fine due to her currently being the most recognizable character to the general audience from the Zelda franchise. People will see both Toon and Zelda in her title and immediately be able to connect that with Toon Link, and that might spark interest to a lot of more casual players. Besides, most casuals don't really care about semi-clone characters and will just think of her as a new playable character they can get. Tourney players will definitely purchase any new character that gets added because they have to keep up in the meta game. I don't really see her selling all that badly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@ Scamper52596 Scamper52596

Oh really? Heh, and here I thought I was the only one who thought up that side special variation for Toon Zelda.... ^^

Hmm, I haven't really thought that much over her Neutral Special variation, but I think it working like a mix between Rosalina's gravitational pull and Ness's PSI Magnet would probably be a pretty interesting twist for Toon Zelda.

My idea for that particular Phantom Slash was mainly because I was thinking of a potential reveal trailer for Toon Zelda and I just thought the best way to reveal her would be her stepping out of the Phantom after perhaps destroying Zelda's fake Phantom (Probably in order to save Toon Link or something) and then revealing this particular Phantom with glowing eyes indicating that it's actually possessed and then having her Spash art appear. Sakurai actually made a pretty big deal out of Zelda's Phantom Slash compared to Zero Suit Samus's new Final Smash, Sheik's new moves, Yoshi's new posture or the fact that Charizard is now fighting alone. Nothing much but ehh.... interesting to note.

And yeah I think Toon Zelda will sell just fine. From what I recall she has a fanbase in Japan (at least a larger one than Tetra apparently) and Wind Waker is one of the most beloved Zelda games in the series. Toon Zelda is also a popular character with many casual Zelda fans (Especially those who enjoyed Wind Waker, Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks) and on top of that, since the roster will be balanced with all DLC characters in mind, many competitive players may also purchase her in order to keep up with the metagame as Scamper said, and if she's a very good or at least viable character from a competetive standpoint, then that will only help her further. And like I said, if they really wanted to ensure she sells well. Then bundle her up with additional content like new stages and/or whatnot in order to sweeten the deal. That's just my opinion though. ^^

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Special moves.

Smash attacks.
Up Smash
Side Smash
Down Smash
Neutral jab

Air attacks.
Up air.
Side air.
Back air
Down air

tilts
Down tilt
Side tilt
Up tilt

Final Smash
Light Arrows
Considering Sakurai's track record. It would most likely work the same as the other's. But I think it would be pretty neat if it added a little twist and did it like how the Light Arrows worked in Spirit Tracks and have her shoot three Light Arrows at once instead.

What about her taunts?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about her taunts?
I haven't really thought much about her taunts to be honest. (I also seemed to have forgotten about her grabs, whoops....)

But if I where to choose a few
Up Taunt: She plays a small brief tune with the Spirit Pipes.
Side Taunt: She holds one of the bunnies from Spirit Tracks and pets them a little.
Down Taunt: She does the little joyful jump she did at the beginning of the Minish Cap.

As for her Grab's. I think they will mostly work the same as Zelda's as I can't really think of any restriction's for her. But I suppose she could probably cast some extra flames onto her opponent before throwing them away.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I would like to see a taunt of her winking towards the screen as a reference to Tetra.
Speaking of which, she should definitely have an alt with Tetra's colors. A red pearl necklace, a dress that's dark blue towards the top, and light purple towards the bottom.
I never really considered a Hilda color alt before it was just previously mentioned, but I can see it working real well now that I've thought about it more. A purple dress with purple hair and maybe a redish hue for her eyes. They could easily do that to represent A Link Between Worlds in the same way Toon Link does with his ALBW palette swap while giving her something interesting to pick from. I could totally see that happening, a Tetra inspired alt, a classic Zelda with brown hair, and maybe just some random colored alts like green, red, and blue.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think a Hilda based Palette swap would be awesome. And Ravio for Toon Link but that ship has probably sailed.....

Mod made by onthegreatsea by the way.

I think Toon Zelda can probably take a page from both ALbW Zelda and Hilda as their dress design's are fairly similar to hers.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to bring something up. There was this one "leak" that came up not too long ago that mentioned something about Sakurai wanting to revive the characters he couldn't implement into Brawl and that the two remaining characters yet to be known where Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong. Said leaker also mentioned Lucas's reasoning of returning was due to him meaning to be on the base roster along with Ness but was cut.

Whilst I don't really believe the leak itself, it did remind me a bit in regards to the Gematsu Leak and how Sal mentioned that the developers where apparently debating each other in regards to who to cut and save up for DLC between Ness and Lucas. (Or something along those lines) There was also the additional "Mario's" that I think surfaced after the DLC patch and with including Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu and Roy with only two more Mario's left from it (From what I understood).

So what I'm wondering is in regards to what the chances may be that Sakurai may indeed be trying to take the pre-ballot timeframe as an opportunity to revive the characters he couldn't implement into Brawl. He already got Mewtwo and Dr.Mario out of the way with Roy coming up with just Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong left from the unused characters from Brawl. (There was Toon Sheik and Pra_Mai as well but I highly doubt we would be seeing those....)

It's something I wanted to discuss but I thought I should probably discuss it with you guys first.... :/

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I like the idea of the "leak". But I doubt it's validity...
Mind giving a link to this leak?

But "leak" or not, the idea wouldn't be surprising.

Anyway, I missed the idea of an Hilda palette swap, and I like it!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I like the idea of the "leak". But I doubt it's validity...
Mind giving a link to this leak?

But "leak" or not, the idea wouldn't be surprising.

Anyway, I missed the idea of an Hilda palette swap, and I like it!
Feel free to send me a PM about it. ^^

I doubt the validity of it too, but it's something realistic enough that I can actually see happening though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to bring something up. There was this one "leak" that came up not too long ago that mentioned something about Sakurai wanting to revive the characters he couldn't implement into Brawl and that the two remaining characters yet to be known where Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong. Said leaker also mentioned Lucas's reasoning of returning was due to him meaning to be on the base roster along with Ness but was cut.

Whilst I don't really believe the leak itself, it did remind me a bit in regards to the Gematsu Leak and how Sal mentioned that the developers where apparently debating each other in regards to who to cut and save up for DLC between Ness and Lucas. (Or something along those lines) There was also the additional "Mario's" that I think surfaced after the DLC patch and with including Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu and Roy with only two more Mario's left from it (From what I understood).

So what I'm wondering is in regards what the chances may be that Sakurai may indeed be trying to take the pre-ballot timeframe as an opportunity to revive the characters he couldn't implement into Brawl. He already got Mewtwo and Dr.Mario out of the way with Roy coming up with just Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong left from the unused characters from Brawl. (There was Toon Sheik and Pra_Mai as well but I highly doubt we would be seeing those....)

It's something I wanted to discuss but I thought I should probably discuss it with you guys first.... :/
That was one of the many thoughts I've had regarding Roy's return since it could be hinting at Sakurai trying to revive ideas that he had at first. I've thought about the idea of Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong being reworked as DLC, then thought that it would be too haphazard since not many people would want to buy them. Sure there's Roy and Ryu, but the former was heavily requested to return in Japan while the later is an iconic star from one of the biggest traditional fighters in history. As per usual, fans would prefer things that they would want to buy instead of things they don't want (Hence why the Chrous Kids aren;t as popular as they've used to anymore).

But now that I look at it, it doesn't seem too bad of an idea and Sakurai would want to use some of the last bit of energy he has to bring back some of the more viable Forbidden 7. While people would argue that they are clones, but these are fairly popular characters in their own right I we think both what happened to them in between Brawl and SSB4's release. Dixie Kong was the start of two Donkey Kong Country games and many fans were excited about her return in Tropical Freeze. Toon Zelda is a version of Zelda who was popular in Wind Waker for her spicy persona Tetra (Who were also featured in the HD remake) and she had a unique role in Spirit Track's as a spiritual guide for Toon Link. Not only we would have more female characters, but also the possibility of having 4 Donkey Kong characters in the roster.

That's my take on the whole think until, of course, it's proven real. But I would be extremely happy if Sakurai does think about revisiting these characters as pre-ballot DLC for now. #TeamReal

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This sound more like logical thinking than inside information.

But if he can bring back Roy, I think that Sakurai can bring Toon Zelda (or Tetra) and Dixie. I'm sure that he is aware of the popularity of these characters.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That was one of the many thoughts I've had regarding Roy's return since it could be hinting at Sakurai trying to revive ideas that he had at first. I've thought about the idea of Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong being reworked as DLC, then thought that it would be too haphazard since not many people would want to buy them. Sure there's Roy and Ryu, but the former was heavily requested to return in Japan while the later is an iconic star from one of the biggest traditional fighters in history. As per usual, fans would prefer things that they would want to buy instead of things they don't want (Hence why the Chrous Kids aren;t as popular as they've used to anymore).

But now that I look at it, it doesn't seem too bad of an idea and Sakurai would want to use some of the last bit of energy he has to bring back some of the more viable Forbidden 7. While people would argue that they are clones, but these are fairly popular characters in their own right I we think both what happened to them in between Brawl and SSB4's release. Dixie Kong was the start of two Donkey Kong Country games and many fans were excited about her return in Tropical Freeze. Toon Zelda is a version of Zelda who was popular in Wind Waker for her spicy persona Tetra (Who were also featured in the HD remake) and she had a unique role in Spirit Track's as a spiritual guide for Toon Link. Not only we would have more female characters, but also the possibility of having 4 Donkey Kong characters in the roster.

That's my take on the whole think until, of course, it's proven real. But I would be extremely happy if Sakurai does think about revisiting these characters as pre-ballot DLC for now. #TeamReal
I think every character will sell at least decently well. The casual smash fanbase doesn't concern themselves as much about clones so long as they carry their own distinctive playstyles. It's why you see a lot of people who enjoy playing as Toon Link and Falco as well as missing characters like Roy. It's when they feel too identical to their source material that most people have a problem with it. It's why you still see people complaining about Dark Pit to this day whilst they more or less got over most of the other clones and semi clones. And with Toon Zelda and Dixie Kong. I have no doubt in my mind that they both will at the very least be as unique as Toon Link, Falco and Ganondorf.

They both haven't really lost much of their relevancy indeed. Dixie had Tropical Freeze who was received with a very warm welcome with the fans. And I recall people actually being pretty hyped about Toon Zelda becoming your sidekick in Spirit Tracks because that marked the first time that Zelda went along with you for the full journey and fought alongside you rather than usually only joining you during final battles or following you in disguise. Also there was Wind Waker HD even more recently too.

I would be pretty happy to see him revive these characters as well and Sakurai has a track record on revisiting characters he couldn't include in previous games so I say that the possibility is there at least. c:

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I've seen this leak brought up once before, but I wasn't sure it was an actual rumor going around. It's definitely logical at the very least. Remember that Sakurai is working with a smaller team to bring DLC to Smash, so it would make sense to bring back older ideas that already has a basis to work with. Characters who would be semi-clones may also be on the table due to this. Now we aren't sure how much Toon Zelda was worked on in Brawl, but it was enough to get her name on the disk. I think that's a pretty big deal. With Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker HD being recent games backing her, I can't help but feel that Toon Zelda is the most probable DLC candidate for the Zelda franchise if it were to get a character.

Top Bottom