• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A and FAQ Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
They can just put it in port 1 if you put it in 4.
But in port 4 you will ALWAYS have port advantage when you are grabbed or have someone grabbed, so if you get hit you'll get no knockback, but
having port 1 will only help if you and you opponent are grabbing at the sametime. (please correct me if im wrong because I don't have that much experience) I can only assume that the 4th port is the best
I just checked

Lower ports get grab priority over higher numbered ports
p1 having the most priority and p4 having the lowest

Higher ports get FSA (faux super armor[applies to every one not just snake])
P4 having the most Super armor when grabbed and P1 having the least

Kaffei

Smash Hero
But in port 4 you will ALWAYS have port advantage when you are grabbed or have someone grabbed, so if you get hit you'll get no knockback, but
having port 1 will only help if you and you opponent are grabbing at the sametime. (please correct me if im wrong because I don't have that much experience) I can only assume that the 4th port is the best
I just checked

Lower ports get grab priority over higher numbered ports
p1 having the most priority and p4 having the lowest

Higher ports get FSA (faux super armor[applies to every one not just snake])
P4 having the most Super armor when grabbed and P1 having the least
On Wifi, this is irrelevant, right?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's really much better to play TL offline.
He's the most hindered by Wifi, ino. (Or at least just my playstyle)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Ummm **** WiFi. Practice Offline with Toon Link. Seriously.
I don't have anyone to play with irl.
The people I usually play don't lag at all, it's almost like the real thing. Is it really that bad?
& About my question... The ports are irrelevant when it comes to wifi?

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Sasukebowsers's right. Toon Link on WiFi is ********. Don't EVER get used to Toon Link online. It will **** you up when trying to face a pro offline.

EDIT: Just do what I do. Practice techniques against level 1 CPUs then apply them whenever you face somebody OFFLINE.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Sasukebowsers's right. Toon Link on WiFi is ********. Don't EVER get used to Toon Link online. It will **** you up when trying to face a pro offline.

EDIT: Just do what I do. Practice techniques against level 1 CPUs then apply them whenever you face somebody OFFLINE.
The last time I played someone offline was a year ago. =[
I don't really have any friends who are into Brawl, & the ones who are into brawl moved away.
There's a tourney on the 26th(?) near where I live, it's like a 15 min drive away, but I'm 1000000% sure my parents won't take me + I'll get *****. Bad. You've seen me play. I have a crappy TL lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I have no one to play with either. I just play against computers and practice tech skill. =/

MJG

Smash Hero
Apparantly I'm not good enough to be in the TL Backroom anymore :(
I think they just got rid of the back room and replaced with "Top ten toonlinks" room...or something like that

Anyways..wifi is fine if you don't have anyone to play with...helps you learn the match ups at least.

Just try not to play wifi 2 or 3 days before a tourney though.

Playing against level 3s is a good confidence booster and you can work on spacing with the goal of staying at 0% the entire time (at least that is what was recommended to me)

I think they just got rid of the back room and replaced with "Top ten toonlinks" room...or something like that
That's exactly what happened. Only 4 out of the 11 people that were in the back room contributed to it, so it got closed. Corpsecreate was in the back room, but he never said anything. Sasuke was right. Having a back room is dumb if nothing happens in it. It's only a title.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
How do u know that smith? Or are you underestimating his region just because it isnt US? *rollseyes*

Anyway, I havent been playing brawl lately because my brawl cd is kinda damaged. After a while of playing brawl, an error pops up and I have to turn off the wii, its annoying. My solution: Play melee. Am I doin' it right?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It might be a problem with your wii. Is the disk scratched?

Smith

Smash Ace
How do u know that smith? Or are you underestimating his region just because it isnt US? *rollseyes*

Anyway, I havent been playing brawl lately because my brawl cd is kinda damaged. After a while of playing brawl, an error pops up and I have to turn off the wii, its annoying. My solution: Play melee. Am I doin' it right?
Or maybe due to the fact Aussie got ***** by WC in crews at Genesis, atleast so I've been told. :)

Sheikant, don't play Melee. Hack up your Wii so you can run Brawl through a pen drive. That's how my friend Jugmo plays Brawl. It isn't really stealing since you purchased the game.

Lobos

Smash Master
QUOTED FROM VEX----"Yes, character boards also consist of Wifi players / Theoryfighters, don't take them too seriousily, imo only take the opinion of the top players of the characters opinions into account."
I like this quote ^.^

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Sad but true.

At least the Lucario match up moved at an almost alright pace.
The only thing I learned from reading that thread was "bombs ftw".
And practically all of the match ups say that.

Also, when are we going to discuss Falco? I want some insight on that MU.

UncleSam

Smash Master
The only thing I learned from reading that thread was "bombs ftw".
And practically all of the match ups say that.

Also, when are we going to discuss Falco? I want some insight on that MU.
definitely not the olimar MU
as for Falco you have to out-gay him

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Let's complain about it instead of doing something about it.

Top Bottom